Start by marking “A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)

A Promise at Bluebell Hill

(Valentine Valley #4)

Welcome to Valentine Valley, where romance blooms and love captivates even the most guarded of hearts . . .

Published February 25th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about A Promise at Bluebell Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Promise at Bluebell Hill

Start your review of A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
Susan
Such a fun book. Monica is the local florist who has spent her whole life in Valentine Valley. Travis is the Secret Service agent who has come to town to get ready for a presidential visit. The president's son is marrying a local girl and it's Travis's job to make sure everything goes smoothly. As he goes around town checking out the local businesses, he meets Monica. There is an instant attraction between them, but he has to maintain his focus so he can do his job. Monica feels the attraction ...more
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The entire series so far has been the perfect blend of small town goodness similar to RaeAnne Thaynes books and the cowboys found in many of Linda Lael Millers books. I have really enjoyed this series so far so I knew that I needed to read A Promise at Bluebell Hill as soon as I could.

Now the different of this book and the others in the series is that this one didnt have a main character that is a cowboy, he is in fact a Secret Service agent. While he isnt my perfect hero material, Travis
June
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Valentine Valley fans
Monica's story. The secret service comes to Valentine to prepare for the President's son's wedding. Monica is determined to help Travis relax and enjoy. Travis thinks that he must avoid all distractions even the sexy florist.

Maybe a 3.5 for the female President.
FP
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was debating between a 4 and 5.
I love this series so I like to know all the details, some of the references were being lost on me, until I realized I skipped the half books.

I love the widows and their plots. This one was the best widows adventure yet!
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
A sweet little read that is sure to charm it's way into your heart! I love these characters so much, they have a special way of pulling you into their world and making you feel like you belong! Another can't miss story from Ms. Cane!
Debra McEathron
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a stand alone but also part of a series about Valentine Valley. This is Monica's story. She is a florist with a seemingly checkered past who falls for the hot secret service agent. Of course the widows are also up to the ears in a protest with the president in town,
Jessica
Dec 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: library
Why was this so boring?
Ray
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed
Romance is alive and well even when the secret service is involved. This is a great read, and I really enjoyed the storyline. A little predictable however.
Sandy S
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it

A PROMISE AT BLUEBELL HILL (Valentine Valley #4) by Emma Cane

About the book: Release Date February 25, 2014

From the moment Secret Service agent Travis Beaumont strides into the town and through the door of Monica Shaw's flower shop, she feels a sizzle of attraction. After years of putting everyone else's needs first, Monica is ready to grab hold of life. If she can just persuade
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amandas review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4 STARS

A Promise at Bluebell Hill is another great addition to the Valentine Valley series by Emma Cane. I believe that the Valentine Valley series is one of those best kept secrets out there because with each book she writes the stories get better and better. She packs a whole lot in under 300 pages and its good to go back to a small town in Colorado and catch up on all the inhabitants and see whats
Margaret
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lover of Romance
Received a copy of ARC in return of a honest review.

Monica Shaw runs a flower shop, and unlike her twin sister, doesn't need the glamour of the city lights to satisfy her, all she needs is her small town home and the charming people that live within its boundaries. A stranger comes into town, acting strange but she feels a attraction to him that she doesn't fully understand. Travis Beaumont is a secret service agent, and with the President's son having his wedding in Valentine, its his job to
Diana
Feb 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Three Stars

I thought this was cute romance but really nothing spectacular I thought that the plot sounded very interesting and exciting but, honestly, it fell a little shot. Although Monica Shaw was really a cute and fun heroine I thought she and Secret Service agent Travis Beaumont had very little chemistry. Also, there are many characters from the previous books in the series that show up and although it was pleasant to hear about them, since I didnt know their stories I wasnt overly invested.
Heather
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read in the Valentine Valley series, but it is actually #4 in sequence. A Promise at Bluebell Hill can be read as a standalone, but ultimately I think readers will enjoy getting to know the back story behind this small town group of activists, shop owners and close friends.

I loved:

The small town setting. Valentine Valley, Colorado has a homey feel. Its a timeless community where everyone knows each other.

The loyalty between the characters and the depth of
Marina
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this 3.5-4 stars. Great town and sweet story. Great female characters who exude the meaning of friendship.Just lovely. I am definitely reading this series and am a new fan!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler
Note to Self;Colorado
Monica Shaw(twin sis,30yo,florist,flower shop owner,activist,pal)+ Travis Beaumont(35yo,Secret Service agent,ex-Marine,divorced,bro,pal1),
Melissa Shaw(Missy,activist,twin sis,CNN reporter,30yo)+Royce Ames (lead advance
Cocktails and Books
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Cocktails

Although this is the 4th book in Emma Cane's Valentine Valley series, it is the first I have read. This was a very sweet story. Even though I have read the books out of order, Cane did a good job of familiarizing me with the various characters and the setting of Valentine Valley. I felt like I was "up to speed" on what had happened in the previous books.

Monica and Travis are a cute couple (even before they know they'll be a couple!). While Monica is a Valentine Valley native and
Colleen Oppenheim
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
*This book was given to me for a fair and honest review*

Monica is enjoying life in her hometown until Travis strolls into her flower shop and turns her world upside down. He has big secrets and tries to avoid falling for Monica. After finally giving into their attraction, his mysterious ways may finally tear them apart.

Emma Cane knows how to write hot male characters and spicy, sexy love scenes! Whoa!!! I love brooding, quiet, sexy male characters and Travis certainly did it for me. Monica was
Gina Marie
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just adore and absolutely love sitting down with a Valentine Valley book. It was great to read Monica's story, I think she's super cute! I liked how things unfolded with her and Travis, the way she stuck by her beliefs in activism not letting a man take precedence, furthermore, how her commitment and passion to saving the archaeological dig become one of the reasons Travis falls for her. This is ironic since he is a military man trained in Secret Service to follow all the rules. I'm excited to ...more
Gail
Seriously soft and fuzzy small town romance. Nice little read. Heroine owns a florist shop. Hero is the lead agent on a Secret Service team doing advance work in the town where the president's son will get married in 2 weeks. That's all the notice the heroine has that the bride, a girl she grew up with, wants her to do the flowers. And she's already noticed the hero looking things over in town. The conflict is light but not slight-- it carries importance to both hero and heroine. It's not an ...more
Sassy Moms Say Read Romance
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
What happens when a small town girl meets and marries the President's son? What if that wedding occurs in her hometown? This story is what happens! Though, the story isn't about the bride and groom, it's about the flower shop owner, Monica and a Secret Service Agent, Travis.

This story provides laughs, tears and romance. The Widows are a hoot. Monica and Travis are one of those couples that when you thing everything is against them, everything turns out just the way they were meant to be. I am
Bette Hansen
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
A nice addition to the Valentine Valley series. In this installment the town is being turned up side down when a surprise wedding pops up which also brings the President to town. The lovely florist Monica Shaw will need to work very closely with the secret service detail but since the head of that detail is perfectly yummy Travis Beaumont, no problem!

This is a wonderfully written story and I always enjoy the crazy characters in this series. It left me slightly disappointed because Monica is such
Jan Mcleod
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
The President's son and a young woman from Valentine Valley are due to be married in Valentine Valley-of all places!
Enter Secret Agent Travis Beaumont who is to make sure that everything is safe for the first family to arrive. When he visits Monica in her flower shop, just to check things out, things begin to sizzle.
And, you'll get a chuckle out of the three widows from the Widow's Boardinghouse-never a dull moment with them around.
Michelle
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
This book started a bit slowly for me and I felt the end was a bit forced. The original situation (geographical gulf between female and male protagonists' everyday lives) was such that it was inevitable that someone was going to have to make a major change to their life for the romance to work out. That always bothers me because I have to wonder if it could really lead to "happily ever after" which is what we all want when we read a romance.
Merceda
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the book. I was glad to see that Travis and Monica ended up together, and that Travis had enough of the Secret Service and was going to live in Valentine Valley and have a relationship with Monica. The president arriving, and her son getting married in town to Ashley was okay. I definitely enjoyed the elephant dressed up in ghillie gear to look like a mammoth. Never would have expected that!
Annie Grigg
This was a cute book but by the time you've finished the first chapter you know the entire plot of the story and know what's going to happen. The main female character is going to fall in love with the main male character even though one of them shouldn't fall into temptation because of some obligation somewhere. There were no surprises though I rather wish that there were. I did like that you could really see the male character evolve as she opened him up.
J. Rowan
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for Monica's story since the first Valentine Valley installment, and as usual Emma Cane does not disappoint. This was a fun, sexy story, and the romantic tension between Monica and Travis was believable and enticing from their first meeting to their happily ever after.
Lorelei Frank
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
loved the whole series but this one story between Travis and Monica was probably my favorite. I think because of his job and having to be "professional" plus he was fighting the chemistry between him and Monica. loved the story line!
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

Good read

I loved the characters in this book. The grandmas in this series are a hoot. They weren't as prevalent in this book as in the others, but still good. Highly recommend.
Ann
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful addition to the Valentine series. Monica, owner of the local flower shop meets Travis, handsome secret service agent who is checking out town so the president can visit. A little predictable , but a very nice love story.
Chris Brandstatter
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this latest Valentine Valley story. The budding romance and, of course, those wonderful Grandmas!!
Madison Mega-Mara...: #173 - A Promise at Bluebell Hill 1 3 Sep 30, 2015 11:07AM

• Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • Hope Burns (Hope, #3)
  • True to You (Montana Heat #2)
  • Never Too Late
  • Suddenly Mine (Montgomery Brothers, #8)
  • Walking On Air (Valance Family, #1)
  • When the Stars Come Out (Cottonbloom, #5)
  • Brighter Than the Sun (KGI, #11)
  • Hope Flames (Hope, #1)
  • Tangled Up in You (The Shaughnessy Brothers, #7)
  • Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)
  • Cowboy Up (Dry Creek Ranch #1)
  • Bad News Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #3)
  • I Own the Dawn (The Night Stalkers, #2)
  • Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2)
  • Torn (Whiskey Sharp, #3)
  • The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1)
  • Saved by the Rancher (The Hunted, #1)
Emma Cane grew up reading and soon discovered that she liked to write passionate stories of teenagers in space. Her love of passionate stories has never gone away, although today she concentrates on the heartwarming characters of Valentine Valley, her fictional small town in the Colorado Rockies.

Now that her three children are grown, Emma loves spending time crocheting and singing (although not

Valentine Valley (6 books)
  • A Town Called Valentine (Valentine Valley #1)
  • True Love at Silver Creek Ranch (Valentine Valley, #2)
  • The Cowboy of Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #3)
  • Sleigh Bells in Valentine Valley (Valentine Valley, #5)
  • Ever After at Sweetheart Ranch (Valentine Valley, #6)