Start by marking “Frozen (Taken, #2)” as Want to Read:
Frozen (Taken, #2)

Frozen

(Taken #2)

The Heists were only the beginning.

Gray Weathersby escaped from the primitive town of Claysoot expecting to find answers, but what he discovered shook him to the core: A ruthless dictator with absolute power. An army of young soldiers blinded by lies. And a growing rebellion determined to fight back.

Now Gray has joined a team of rebels on a harsh, icy journey in search o
Published April 15th 2014 by HarperTeen

Start your review of Frozen (Taken, #2)
Neil (or bleed)
Sometimes, I thought I'm tired of reading dystopian novels lately (even they are my favorite genre) since I find myself struggling to read them and dissatisfied after reading them. Or maybe, they just didn't intrigue or interest me big time since I've read a bunch of dystopians and I'm looking for a unique or a new plot or something. Or just maybe, I'm reading it in the wrong time. Who knows?

This is what I experienced reading Frozen. I mean, I am not amused. I'm expecting a great sequel but I'm
B
4.5/5 stars

So, so amazing. Even stronger of an installment than Taken was. Love the relationship dynamics, love the plot and its twists (especially the final one, which was BRILLIANT), love the action, love Bree. It's all just so awesome. I have a tiny, tiny issue, but even that's a stretch.

Review to come.
Susan
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Gray and the gang are as kick-butt as ever, and WHOA. Talk about a twisty plot (in the best possible way). There was one shocker at the end that left me gaping (again, in the best possible way). If you're a fan of high action, dystopian/sci-fi, or survival stories, I definitely recommend FROZEN.
★MC's Corner★
May 16, 2013 marked it as to-read
You are kidding me RIGHT??? 2014???? I'm so DEAD!!!

QUESTION? WHO'S THAT GIRL IN TH COVER WITH GRAY? HMMMMMMMMMMM...
Jodi Meadows
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Diving into the next one immediately.
Taschima
2014!??!?!?!?

description

I CAN'T WAIT!!

description
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
I really liked the pacing of this second book. I actually thought the author did a great job with a few twists and turns. There was a lot of action and some shocking stuff happened. It was an interesting road for the team in search of the allies. The ending was quite surprising as well. But again, the romance dragged my rating for this book down. On the surface, Gray seems like a great guy. He is very loyal and also very stubborn. But he is also impulsive and a bit spineless, especially when it ...more
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Frozen is the second book in the Taken trilogy. The rebels have left the security of their mountain hideout and are headed into cold weather territory in search of another settlement that they hope will join forces with them to fight the Franconian order. I love the non-stop action and the setting changes which mix up the story lines a bit. This is another really cool alternate world that I instantly was taken in by. There is however, a love triangle thing going on in this series between three o ...more
Shannon Quinn
**2.5 stars**

Not a "bad" book, I was just bored. I also could not take any more of the supposed love triangle. I didn't like our main character and his complete lack of maturity. He didn't think of how he was treating both of them, not even for a second. Everything was about him, how he felt, what he wanted, etc. I'm done, not finishing the trilogy. I'm sure the story goes somewhere good, I just don't care at this point.
Rabiah
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**4.5 stars**

Originally posted at: http://iliveforreading.blogspot.com/2...

I had a couple of fears going into this book. One of them was that I wouldn’t remember what happened in Taken and this book would be a big pot of confusion. Fear number two was that it would fall into the category of not-as-great-sequels as can be found with several YA books. Turns out, I really didn’t have to worry– Frozen was an amazing ride, and even though I'd read Taken a while back, many of the details and names of
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)

Where to start with this book? Hmm, did I like the storyline? Not really, I hadn’t the faintest idea what was going on most of the time. Did I like the characters? Not really. Did I like the action? That was probably the best part of the book, but, when you’re not sure what’s going on, the action being good isn’t necessarily enough to save the book.

I can’t say I really liked any of the characters in this. I did appreciate it when Emma popped up again,
Jaime Arkin
Frozen was a wonderful follow up to Taken and I don't care, I still heart Gray Weathersby! From the first pages of this second book, you're swallowed up in the action and it doesn't stop until the last page of the book!

In this installment we get a lot more character development... not only from Gray, but many of the other secondary characters. And Bowman will completely catch you off guard with some of the plot twists here. With the addition of the idea of 'forgeries' the whole plot is turned u
Christina
After Gray spotted signs of life in Group A at the Order's control room, the Rebels are headed west to find people to join their cause. However Frank is not letting them out of his sight that easily as he sends his soldiers after them. But why is he trying to stop them, when Group A is practically a barren wasteland to him?

Frozen delivered what I hoped for and more! This book explores in more detail the Forgeries and Frank's plans, that were quite lacking in Book 1. The plot was gripping and ac
Trisha
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Humans are complex creatures," Adam adds. "We are not all good or all bad. We are shades. Many, many shades. Surely you understand this, Gray, with a name like yours."

Wow, this one completely blew me away. I only remember half the characters and with little hand-holding or reminding, I was left scrambling the whole book. I don't remember Sammy or Xavier....Chipper or...well, anyone but Gray, Blaine, Bree and Emma. oh well. I still enjoyed it.

The story is fast, the plot gets deeper and much more
Shelley
*Genre* Young Adult, Dystopian
*Rating* 3.0

*My Thoughts*

Frozen is the second installment in the Taken trilogy by author Erin Bowman.
Gray Weathersby's journey has only begun. He's escaped along with a band of rebels Bree, Emma, Sammy, Owen, Xavier, Bo, September and Clipper. They decide that their best course of action against the Franconian Order is to join up with Frank's opposition, AmWest, and the Ex-Pats, and find the survivors of Test Group A. This isn't an easy book for me to review.

*Full
Erin Bowman
Oct 06, 2012 marked it as books-i-wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Don't have time to re-read TAKEN but want a refresher before starting FROZEN? Try the recap on my blog: http://www.embowman.com/2014/a-taken-... ...more
Tangled N Books
Didn't like the direction it took even when it was inevitable. The explosions were a plus and the switcheroos were interesting. Not planning to finish the series.
Jennifer Holik
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. Really it is 4.5 stars but I rounded down only because of a few flaws. The first 1/4 was a bit slow and predictable. Some of the characters and their interactions felt off and sort of forced. Also, I'm sorry but this book is just a little bit of a letdown after the first. I mean seriously that book was so great and I loved the premise so much that it was bound to happen. This book is still great, it's just Taken was a hard act to follow!

After the initial slowness (whic
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Frozen was a good read full of action and suspense. Unfortunately, I had a really hard time with the love triangle, so that really hindered how much I enjoyed the story.

Opening Sentence: We have been walking for two weeks.

The Review:

Gray escaped the Heist, but that was just the beginning. Leaving Claysoot was suppose to provide him with answers, but instead he found himself in the middle of a war. The United States tore itself apart and now clea
Once
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OUT's Review

Frozen is a remarkable sequel of Taken. This book has it all – adventures, betrayal, and fights!

At a Glance:
Taken ends when the gang will soon be departing for a trip to visit the unknown and I couldn't wait what Frozen had to offer. With Frozen, this book picks up right where the group takes off to head west to find alias to help them fight against Frank’s evil plan and his Forgeries.

Cover:
The cover is as stunning as the first. Look at the trees and the frozen water and reflection.
Aliyah (Jennifer)
*Rating may change after the third book*

I had really looked forward to the second installment of the Taken trilogy, since TAKEN was one of the first dystopian-setting book I'd read.

The author definitely has talent in putting together an action-packed adventure that is well paced, but there are several short-comings that just really stood out in her second book.

I really hated the first half of FROZEN. If Bree was a real person, I would have probably challenged her for a fight and then beat the
Caroline
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shea
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although the idea behind this series has been done many times, this series seems to still stand out as unique. The plot is quick and interesting and the action never fails to be captivating. This was a really good squeal that really helped develop the plot and sets up perfectly for the next book. I'd definitely recommend reading this series if dystopian type books are your thing.
My only complaint is I'd wish we could forget the love triangle and just get on with the story. Anytime it's mention
Samia
Frozen remains very consistent with what you will have read in Taken. I am neither a super fan nor do I dislike this serie, instead I'd rather describe it as a pleasant read, intriguing at times but nothing that gets me caught up.

The book is entirely about the journey of Gray with the rebel going to Group A's abandoned zone. I was pretty surprised that throughout the whole book we have no intervention of Frank - the villain. Don't expect a lot of revelations, or at least any major one really. T
Callum
Feb 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I decided to read this book because i am into adventure books and i saw it at the library.
I liked this book as it had some twists in it and had a big storyline. It could have been more exciting with more action and cliff-hangers but overall i would recommend to read it.
Something new i learned from this book is that you can't trust anyone even if its someone you know as they might not be the person that you once knew.
The person i have decided to describe is Gray Weathersby. Gray is the main chara
Evelin ☪️ Witch Leader
This book is a lot better than the last, because Gray somewhat made his mind up about who he wants, and although I dont like it, I cant really blame him- even if, as he said, they'd self destruct.
He's a good character, although he's very hard to comprehend most of the time. Especially when it comes to the girls.

I liked Jackson a lot- and Clipper, Aiden, Sammy and practically all of the group, really. Even Emma.

The ending... still gave me chills, even if it is my second time reading it. It had
Abbie
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating - 2.5

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, but unfortunately, the same can't be said for this installment.

Some parts were quite hard to follow, and i ended up feeling a bit lost. I was bored through the majority of it as well. There were parts where i enjoyed it a bit more, but they didn't last very long.

The characters were alright, but i didn't like them as much as i did in book one.

Overall, Disappointing.
Adeeb
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great sequel. Loved the plot, character development, and pretty much everything else. Looking forward to Forged!
Tangi
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still not my favorite. But I think there's only one more book so might as well see how it ends...
Nina
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
Even better than TAKEN and STOLEN, so it was clearly a ☆☆☆☆☆ read.
And I'm so exited to start the third book of this series, because I really liked the proceedings and how FROZEN ended.

• The Game of Lives (The Mortality Doctrine, #3)
  • The Rule of Thoughts (The Mortality Doctrine, #2)
  • Plague (Gone, #4)
  • Fear (Gone, #5)
  • Inhuman (Fetch, #1)
  • Mythmaker (Supernatural, #14)
  • The Eye of Minds (The Mortality Doctrine, #1)
  • The Conjured Woman (Emerald Scarab Adventures #1)
  • Rambo III
  • Rambo: First Blood, Part II
  • Civil War: Captain America
  • Rambo and Me: The Story Behind the Story, an essay
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • Paid In Blood (NCIS, #1)
  • Ratatouille: A Read-Aloud Storybook  (Disney/Pixar Ratatouille)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • Blood Evidence (NCIS, #2)
  • Anomaly (Anomaly, #1)
Erin Bowman is the critically acclaimed author of numerous books for children and teens, including the Taken Trilogy, Vengeance Road, Retribution Rails, the Edgar Award-nominated Contagion duology, The Girl and the Witch’s Garden, and the forthcoming Dustborn. A web designer turned author, Erin has always been invested in telling stories—both visually and with words. Erin lives in New Hampshire wi ...more

Taken (3 books)