Start by marking “Tiger Shrimp Tango” as Want to Read:
Tiger Shrimp Tango

Tiger Shrimp Tango (Serge A. Storms #17)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  1,320 Ratings  ·  199 Reviews
Determined to save a damsel in distress, the Sunshine State’s favorite serial killer and encyclopedia of Florida lore Serge Storms dances a tango of death and mayhem in this funny and dementedly entertaining crime caper from Tim Dorsey, author of the New York Times bestseller The Riptide, Ultra-Glide.

Thanks to the Internet, America has become a playground for ruthless scam
Published January 28th 2014 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Tiger Shrimp Tango, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger Shrimp Tango

Fred Forbes
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I admit it. I'm trapped. Tim Dorsey must be one of the hardest working guys in the book business and he lives just up the street in Tampa. I met him many years ago at a book signing when his first work appeared and with a signed first edition of a book I enjoyed, naturally I had to get the second in the same fashion all the way through this one. But I would not have remained in the cycle if I did not enjoy his work. Since I often cover a lot of Florida while working and have an appreciation for ...more
Jeanne
Feb 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What's not to love about another Serge and Coleman adventure? Some laugh out loud moments, but not as funny nor good as some others in the series. Just middle of the line -- 5 out of 10.
Paul
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Serge Storms and his intoxicated pal Coleman ride around Florida in a not-quite-vintage muscle car creatively extermination evildoers. In this case it is scam artists. There are no surprises in this book. Tim Dorsey writes these books on cruise control and what plot there is never changes from book to book.

But there is a lot to like in this series. Dorsey is a good writer and the book never bogs down. His commentary on current events and society, usually delivered by Serge, is witty
Elly Wendy
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5* omg, this is hilarious!!! Crazy and silly.
Still reading ... I actually have to stop listening so I can recover my breath and go on with my chores or whatever. I have not laughed this hard at a novel since a friend and I started reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Also, the performance of this particular audiobook is absolutely one of the best. I'd probably enjoy reading it too, but these reader-performers are great.
It's full of scathing commentary on things in Florida, and Canada
Sam Reader
Okay, so the rundown is as follows: This is a good book. Good, but not great. It's hilarious, twisted, and a lot of fun to read. It moves quick, the dialogue is fast, and the descriptions are lavish. If you have a weekend free and want to try some Dorsey, this is a pretty good one to start with.

But those returning to the world of Serge Storms will find little here they didn't find elsewhere. Serge is still Serge, Mahoney is portrayed as little more than a joke at this point, and if yo
Amy
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so great! There are hilarious situations and great dialogue at every point in the story. Serge is my new favorite character when it comes to lovable serial killers! If you are looking for a fun, suspenseful read, that makes fun of both political parties and involves homages to both tupperware and the tv show 'Glee', I recommend this book!
Rachel Holierhoek
dark, absurd humor that's a little too. Just too. Sometimes hilarious but so distorted it's distracting. Suspension of disbelief is impossible. Mildly amusing, light read.
Jennifer Collins
Jan 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, mystery
Honestly, I'd meant to try out Tim Dorsey for ages, so I was thrilled when the Goodreads First Readers program awarded me a copy of his latest book, and thought it would be the perfect chance to try him out. Unfortunately, I'm now just thrilled that I didn't spend money on this one...

In the beginning, I felt like I was getting whiplash every time I picked up this book...later on in the reading, I'm afraid I just felt a bit bored. The book was packed with interesting scenes and interesting charac
M
Feb 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I won this copy in a Goodreads give away. It was a regular hardback edition, not an ARC.

First of all, I had never read this author before. I entered the giveaway for a couple of reasons, but the main one was the comparisons to Carl Hiaasen. I have read some Hiaasen books and enjoyed them. Also, Dorsey has a big following and I really expected to like this book.

I did not enjoy this book at all. I was put off at the get-go by a crude scene with cops standing around laughing at a crime scene, by a
Joshua
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Serge is a little less whacky, a lot of confused and dealing in a part of Florida history that is very esoteric in the latest entry in Tim Dorsey's ongoing saga. This novel has Serge working with Mahoney trying to track down some of Florida's finest con artists. Lunacy ensues, people die in bizarre manner - though most are not the "over the top" murders that Dorsey fans may be expecting - and new friendships are made.
Serge seems a little older, wiser, and not quite as off the rails as usual; Co
Doug
Feb 02, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At least a couple of times a year I really need a shot of Tim Dorsey. Between he and Carl Hiaasen, South Florida is made the laugh capital of the country. If anything, Tiger Shrimp Tango exceeds his usual high standard for zaniness. The scary part is, I found myself agreeing with Serge several times in this one. A good way to spend an evening.
Dennis
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still great but this one is written based on left overs from previous ideas. Still great and imaginative ways of disposing of scumbags but no real story behind it this time.
It looks like Serge is going to get a female side kick for the next book so I am impatiently waiting for the next episode!

Come on Tim, I love the series!
Gary Marshall
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're not already aboard the Tim Dorsey train I suspect you'll find this incomprehensible, but if you've read the others in the series you'll be delighted that the return of Serge and Coleman, the daftest double act in hyperactive crime fiction, also includes occasional supports Johnny Vegas and Detective Mahoney. I laughed like a drain.
Mary Rose Pizzuto
Dorsey's dynamic duo, Serge and Coleman, are up to their ususal shenanigans in pursuit of saving Florida history for future generations and "righting" the wrongs in their classic, serial-killer fashion. A fun read!
Violet
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who scams the scammers? And murders some because there really are some people worth murdering.

...

Pretend I didn't write that. Serge made me do it. He's crazy charming that way.
Forrest Link
I like the madcap Serge Storm books, but this one feels phoned in.
Dugger
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read with Serge A Storms.
Barbara Nutting
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mile after mile I'm still traveling Florida (locked in the trunk with duct tape over my mouth) with Serge and Coleman. From Hemingway House to the Eden Roc and then a trip down memory lane at the Tupperware headquarters - what more can you ask for?? Loved the inclusion of Wesley Chapel - I always think of it as a person, which it's not, just a Toyota dealer named after a church!!
Timothy Kenny
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the utter absurdity of this book. Unfortunately, it's the first Serge Storms book I've read. I say 'unfortunate' since it's the 17th book in the series. But if they're all as off the wall, funny as all hell, batshit crazy as this one, I really don't care what order I read them in.
Crystal Celentano
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Serge! Tracking down the rest of the series, these are a great summer read if you appreciate dark humor!
Tom
(nb: I received an Advance Review Copy of this title from the publisher via Edelweiss)

No person—alive or fictional—loves Florida more than Serge Storms. His latest car is a 1978 Pontiac Trans-Am, with the eagle wings framing the hood scoop converted into Florida shapes.

As much as Serge loves Florida, though, he hates those who prey on the state’s innocent, and Serge is the last person you want as your enemy. Despite his presence, there are plenty of evil-doers out there, taking advantage of peo
Betsy
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Serge is going after the con men & women in Florida! A little more violent than I like, but still funny.
Jim Corbiere
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished reading " Tiger Shrimp Tango " by Tim Dorsey. This is the 17th book in the Serge A. Storms series and jut like the others I loved it. I love the characters and the setting. The craziness of Florida and its people just make you laugh through the whole thing. One of my favorite book series and it never gets old.
Once again down in the Sunshine state Serge is on the loose with his druggie/alcoholic companion Coleman. This time Serge A. Storms has decided that scammers have to pay. He doesn'
Kathy
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious! As it turns out this is book #17 and I dove right in. Of course there's a back story, but it's not necessary to get the gist of it.
Ron Arden
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though Tim Dorsey's books are formulaic, to a point, this one was a bit different. It's amazing how I can sympathize with a serial killer, although he's nice and only harms people who really deserve it.

It's another adventure with Serge and Coleman as they drive their way through Florida. This story has them helping to end the scourge of scan artists throughout the state. They pray on both tourists and locals, which means they don't discriminate. They are equal opportunity scumbags.

The twist
✰☽✰  Unsolved Mystery ✰☾✰
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to ✰☽✰ Unsolved Mystery ✰☾✰ by: Given to me for a honest review

- My Description -
Paradise.
That one word makes one think of all kinds of words: palm trees, sand, water, waves, fruity drinks, etc, etc but not scams.
No way.
The last think you want to think about or have happen to you in paradise are scams or being a victim.

That's exactly what is happening in the state of Florida or at least in this book.

In Tiger Shrimp Tango, Serge Storms is a vigilante.
He just really doesn't like bad people, like scam artists.

Who can blame him, right?

Serge's friend is C
Diane
Dec 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For anyone who may not yet have experienced the writing of Tim Dorsey, Tiger Shrimp Tango is an experience you will likely treasure if you have a sense of humor and a pulse. This new Dorsey offering is his classic mashup of murder, mayhem, and masterfully twisted characters. The book's plot draws heavily upon the very special class of scammers who always seem to land in Florida, and who have now adopted competitive intelligence and data mining into their nefarious scheming behavior.

For tried an

John
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize that this book was part of a series until I added it to my Goodreads shelf. I can't believe there are 17 of these. It seems like Serge's and Coleman's antics would get old after that many books. Mahoney, the hard-boiled private eye character, got old for me in the course of this one book.
I had heard of Tim Dorsey along the same lines as Carl Hiaasen and Dave Barry. They are all the Florida newspaper guys who write comic crime novels starring the zany people of Florida. Since I
Gary E
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just love all of the Serge A. Storms novels and this was no exception. Serge and Coleman are up to their usual hijinks and mayhem. I can not imagine at book 17 that most need a serious in depth review to be encouraged to choose to read this or not.

However if by some chance you are stumbling across this book first here is a brief synopsis of the series. Serge is a vigilante who goes after people he considers "jerks". Once he tracks them down he concocts vicious brutal ways to rid the world of t
Cheryl
Apr 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fair warning: hero Serge is one of my favorite characters, warped as he is. Timid people who find violence and bloody but funny ends repugnant shouldn't even attempt the series.

If you've read Tim Dorsey's other books, you know what to expect. A hero with an inscrutable, capricious mind (who's a tad ADD and OCD and crazy to boot); a loyal, goodnatured sidekick (who's either passed out or high on something all the time); and lots of violence directed toward villains who deserve the worst fates. An
Madison Mega-Mara...: #9 - Tiger Shrimp Tango 1 2 Feb 07, 2014 08:08AM
  • Air Dance Iguana
  • The Edible Exile
  • The Naked Detective (Key West, #8)
  • The Busy Woman's Guide to Murder (A Charlotte Adams Mystery #5)
  • Blood and Groom (A Sasha Jackson Mystery #1)
  • Death on a Platter (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #7)
  • Parrots Prove Deadly (Pru Marlowe, #3)
  • Baked
  • Cat in a Yellow Spotlight (Midnight Louie #26)
  • Mama Sees Stars (A Mace Bauer Mystery, #4)
Tim Dorsey was born in Indiana, moved to Florida at the age of 1, and grew up in a small town about an hour north of Miami called Riviera Beach. He graduated from Auburn University in 1983. While at Auburn, he was editor of the student newspaper, The Plainsman.

From 1983 to 1987, he was a police and courts reporter for The Alabama Journal, the now-defunct evening newspaper in Montgomery. He joined
More about Tim Dorsey...

Serge A. Storms (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Florida Roadkill (Serge Storms, #1)
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms, #2)
  • Orange Crush (Serge Storms, #3)
  • Triggerfish Twist (Serge Storms, #4)
  • The Stingray Shuffle (Serge Storms, #5)
  • Cadillac Beach (Serge Storms, #6)
  • Torpedo Juice (Serge Storms, #7)
  • The Big Bamboo (Serge Storms, #8)
  • Hurricane Punch (Serge Storms, #9)
  • Atomic Lobster (Serge Storms, #10)
“...And another item from the growing file of people who voluntarily wear dunce caps... You'll be talking cordially to someone and make an offhand reference, 'I recently read where--' and they'll cut you off and say, 'Oh, I don't read'... This is a tragedy on so many different levels. First, because they don't read, they don't know enough to keep it to themselves. Next, and this is the most amazing part, they use a demeaning tone like I'm the stupid one for wasting time with books.” 5 likes
“Most people think the Lego corporation assembled a crack team of world-class experts to engineer Mini-Florida on a computer, but I’m not buying it.” “You aren’t?” asked Coleman. “It’s way too good.” Serge pointed at a two-story building in Key West. “Examine the meticulous green shutters on Hemingway’s house. No, my money is on a lone-wolf manic type like the famous Latvian Edward Leedskalnin, who single-handedly built the Coral Castle back in the twenties. He operated in secret, moving multi-ton hewn boulders south of Miami, and nobody knows how he did it. Probably happened here as well: The Lego people conducting an exhaustive nationwide search among the obsessive-compulsive community. But they had to be selective and stay away from the ones whose entire houses are filled to the ceiling with garbage bags of their own hair. Then they most likely found some cult guru living in a remote Lego ashram south of Pueblo with nineteen wives, offered him unlimited plastic blocks and said, ‘Knock yourself out.” 1 likes