Start by marking “Taken by You (The Killer Next Door, #2)” as Want to Read:
Taken by You (The Killer Next Door, #2)

Taken by You

(The Killer Next Door #2)

How tragic it is when a caged spirit finally finds its freedom and — entranced in its ecstasy — is invited by that freedom into a cloaked dance with danger.

In Book One of this three-part epic, Kate Simmons — young and alluring, and finally out of her cage of grief — attracts more than attention. Intoxicated by her newfound independence, a blithe Kate is on her way to findi
Kindle Edition
Published July 9th 2013 (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Taken by You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by You

Start your review of Taken by You (The Killer Next Door, #2)
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
DNF @ 60%

photo Don-t_care_zpsavvk0b9m.gif

Yeah I didn't think so.

I tried to like this but I just couldn't get into it. I skimmed the first book so I should have known right there I was not going to get into this but I had high hopes that maybe I was wrong or maybe in a mood at the time, but nope.

Honestly, I think my mind is too dark to enjoy fluffy creepy.

I have to admit I am a little bit sad as this is my first DNF book EVER
 photo tear_zpse8od91x5.gif

I just need to move on and I don't want to say anything bad. From the high ratings of oth
MB
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Anxiety (ahhhhhhhhhh!!) is the secret word of the day. You know the feeling you get when you know something bad will happen but are unsure of when and it's driving you bonkers. In this 2nd chapter of the Killer Next Door Series it is more of another character than just a theme.

Roger has just returned home from visiting his ex and his son in Germany. He is a bit giddy from the excitement of them coming back to the states and starting a relationship with Kate; I mean who can resist a declaration o
Danielle Harris
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series so far!

Holy cow!!! The cliffhanger is so huge! I'm serious on how much I'm going crazy with these characters! I feel so bad for Late and Neil!
Carver's Book Cravings
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

OMG I thought Fallen For You left me wanting more. Boy was I wrong. This book leaves you not only wanting, but needing to know what happens! Throughout the whole book I was biting my nails anticipating something big to happen. I absolutely positively loved it.

Kate has recently moved in with her boyfriend Neil, after learning that her landlord Roger, was stalking her and he was the lead suspect in two, possible three murders. She had to quit work and she can't go visit her best friend Char
Adrienne
Sep 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I didn’t have a hard time getting into the story this time. It literally picks up right where Fallen For You leaves off. Kate is now living with Neil. Roger has just gotten back from Germany after visiting his son. Roger has quickly realized that Kate and Charlie have moved out and he’s pissed. He has no idea where she is but he’s pretty sure he can find her.

Kate however, doesn’t want to be found yet also doesn’t want to help herself not be found. I didn’t understand this part at all. We know Ro
United Indie Book Blog
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
** spoiler alert **
First scenes is Roger walking into a bar to find someone to beat the crap out of and instead he meets this hot exotic looking chick, pretty chicks name is Rose and of course Roger being all psycho thinks that it's an omen and he needs to date her.
Roger keeps wondering around Kate's old empty apartment looking for clues...does he not realize that she knows he is psycho!?!? Roger is now stalking Kate because he can't get enough of her..wow! So roger has gone to all new lows...
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Taken by You is the second book of a three-part series. These books must be read in order.

This was a bit better than the first one in that there weren't so many sex scenes (hey, I'm not a prude but too much of that will ruin a good book) and really focused on the story of Kate being stalked by Roger and what she was doing to avoid him.

Roger is a ten on the "creep scale". He's gorgeous and talks a good talk but he's a psychotic killer. He goes to extremes to find Kate and gets rid of the people w
K3
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
“I’ll find you soon, my love....... Very soon.”

Roger returns from his trip to Germany to find Kate gone and her apartment completely empty. Confused, hurt and angry, Roger is on a mission to find Kate. Stopping by a bar to think, he meets another women by the name of Rose and he is happy for she is someone to bide his time until he is able to locate Kate.

Kate is happily living with Neil. Feeling better about being away from Roger, she tries to continue on with her life. When she gets some unexpe
Angie Sakai
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gina
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
~* EROTICA BOOK CLUB REVIEW *~
Fallen For You/Taken By You (Killer Next Door series 1 & 2)
by Carlie Sexton
Genre categories (In my opinion) : Romantic Suspense/Erotica/Thriller

I am rating the two books together as I read them one right after another - the continuous flow did not really put this in a situation to rate each book on its own merit. I did not feel that either book is stand alone.
By now you may have seen the blurbs and synopsis around so I will get right in to it.
Fallen For You and Take
Heather Book Savvy Babe
This review was first published to Book Savvy Babes blog.

With Taken by You, Carlie Sexton continues to impress me with her debut series. The suspenseful “murderer next door” element to the story gives Carlie Sexton’s books an edge and bring a refreshing change from the standard contemporary romance books I have read lately.

I had a bit of trouble getting into book 1, Fallen For You, but by the end of the book, I was hooked on the story. Taken By You picks up where Fallen left off and I was quickl
Donna ~
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS!!!
Taken by You is the 2nd installment in the Killer Next Door Series. You must read Fallen For You before beginning this book. The story picks up right where Fallen for You ended with Roger returning from his stay in Germany . Delusions of his relationship with Kate sustaining Roger while he was away he is devastated to return home and find that Kate has left, vanished with no means to contact her.
As chance would have it while trying to drown his sorrow, Roger meets a woman name Rose.
Covered In Books
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Nope
Even if I thought the second book was a little ( „little“ is the Key word, here ) better than the first, I still couldn´t over look the choppy writing and the even MORE unrealistic characters.
The idea the author had for her book was, in my opinion, really good.....but is there really a need to make the good guy creepily perfect and the bad guy creepily spooky? It was way to much. I´m not so fond of spoiling stories ( even if I do spoil... occasionally...by accident, of course.LOL) so I won´t st
RO Mejia
My Take on this Journey:

Taken By You, by Carlie Sexton is the phenomenal sequel to Fallen For You. The sequel takes off from the cliffhanger that was dropped at the end of book one.

Roger returns from his trip to Germany to find that Kate and Charlie are gone, along with all of their belongings, when he creeps into their apartment to voyeur into her bedroom while Kate sleeps.

Roger is a serial killer and a psychopath, who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Roger has an entitlement issue
Liezel Felix

In Book 1 we are introduced to this irresistibly gorgeous apartment manager - Roger. For someone so well put together you would never think that he is this homicidal maniac. He’s had his eyes set on Kate from day one. In book 2 he is even more psychopathic than I would have even thought. He literally will do anything just to have her. Anything.

Kate tries to ignores the danger but with her friends’ persuasion she agrees that her safety is at risk. With all the stress happening in her life, Neil s
Nicole Rogers
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hot Damn!!!!! Carlie Sexton did it again, my heart still hasn't slowed down. We start a month after the ending of Fallen for You. Roger has just returned from Germany and is looking forward to seeing Kate again. Thankfully Kate and Charlie are no longer at the apartment complex. This sends Roger into full on panic mode and is more determined then ever to have Kate.

Kate and Neil are still in the newlywed faze of their relationship but it has been on warped speed thank to Roger's crazy behavior. I
Kame
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read

Taken By You is the second book in the Killer Next Door series. Kate and her friend move into the apartment across the hall from Rodger. Rodger is the apartment manager and becomes infatuated with Kate. Kate meets Neil and they quickly start a serious relationship. When Neil becomes concerned with Kate’s safety he has her move in with him while Rodger is away. But moving out of the apartment is not going to stop Rodger.
There were parts of this book I enjoyed but just as many I found difficult to
Sunny
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read both of these books in a day. They were that captivating. Pretty much from the first page I wanted to keep going. Most of you know how much I hate starting a new book and getting into a new world but this one was really good. You start off with Kate and Charlie moving into an apartment together and you find out that Kate is trying to get her life back in order. She had a tough time after her first love dies in a car crash and three years later she is starting to live again.

Roger is her l
Monique Machuca-Austin
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A JUST BOOKED review.

SUSPENSEFUL is the second novel of her trilogy in The Killer Next Door series from debut author, Carlie Sexton. Taken By You depicts
how are hearts can be broken and mended as we experience love, tragedy, and friendship in our life.

Taken By You begins immediately were her first novel, Fallen For You, ended. Roger, Kate’s former landlord, has arrived back from
Germany to start a new relationship with Kate. Although, Kate has no interest in her former sociopath landlord, Roger,
Crystal Marie
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

With everything that happened in the first book, Fallen For You, this book was highly anticipated by me. I don’t want to give away too much when it comes to my reviews because I really believe that these books are some that you have to read to be able to fully grasp the story.
Kate and Neil are trying to start over, together. After moving in together after everything with Roger had happened, they are in the process of learning more about each other to see if they could even work out. With the t
We like it big book blog
This story picks right back up from where it left off in the first book.

I thought this book was ok. Again as in the first book. I looked past the third person writing and focused on the story.

Well… There was a lot going on in this book. It just seemed to chaotic in some place and slow in others. And in some places a little bit unbelievable.

Roger wasn’t really that much in this book… It was mostly focused on Kate hiding out and more about her friend. The parts we do get from Roger… He’s just gett
Christina Rodriguez
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: r2r, own, kindle-book, arc
Life isn’t going to ever be normal for Kate. After suffering through the worse event in her life Kate is trying to come to terms with the life she now has to live. As long as Roger is on the loose Kate will not be free. Now on the alert and hiding, Kate must deal with everything else in life as well as Rogers hunt for her.

Kate and Neil are finally together and are happy as ever but doubts threaten their relationship and Kate must come to terms with Neil’s love and devotion for her. While she que
Becca Booksreview
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
what happens when you are finally on your own, living with your best friend, working, going to school, meet the man of your dreams... only problem is now you have a creepy neighbor that has forced you to move out of your apartment, way from your best friend.

this book picks up where the last book ends. Roger is back from Germany, with son and EX right behind him. Kate is the only thing that Roger can think about getting back to. He is counting the minutes to get back to her, only problem is when
Reading is my Time Out
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE this series! Carlie Sexton gave us the whole package with The Killer Next Door series! There is angst, romance, hot sex, passion, love, laughs, tears, and HOT sex... wait did I mention that already??? ;) This will by far be my shortest review ever... because YOU MUST READ THIS SERIES!!! This is a 3 part series and I cannot wait for the 3rd installment!

Kate is an adorable heroine. She is sexy, smart, ambitious, strong willed, classy, and incredibly easy to love. Neil... o
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
Wow! Just wow! Carlie Sexton has done it once again with her follow up novel to Fallen For You… this series may actually cause me to stop breathing. I keep holding my breath waiting for the next ball to drop. It is absolutely crazy! And 100% amazing!

Taken By You picks up about a month after Fallen For You ends. Kate and Charlie have abandoned their perfect little freak zone of an apartment. But Kate is forced to quit her job and avoid her best friend. All out of fear. She doesn’t want to be Roge
Amanda
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you had a book hangover from the cliffhanger after Part 1… then you will be dying after reading Part 2!!! Taken For You had me just sitting staring at my Kindle when I finished! (OMG, what just happened) I was so thankful that unlike so many others I had Part 3 waiting for me because I HAD to know how it all ended!!! Carlie Sexton knocked it out of the park with this book… I was addicted from the first page!!!

Part 2 in The Killer Next Door series picks up right where you left off in Fallen Fo
Obsession Is A Book - Terrie
(Book supplied by Literati Author Services in exchange for an honest review. Blog tour can be found here: http://obsessionisabook.blogspot.com/...)

Taken by You is book #2 in the Killer Next Door series by Carlie Sexton.

Taken by You picks up where Fallen For You finishes.

I didn’t think that Carlie could have delivered a better book than she did with the first but she did.

It pulls you in on a deeper level and leaves you requiring a manicure at by the time you’ve finished it. If you thought Fallen
Jessie
Jul 14, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the continuation of the suspense that happened in Fallen for You.

3.5 Stars

Kate has another chance at finding love. She’s also trying to stay under the radar from creepy, stalker guy, Roger Wilkins. Roger is totally obsessed with finding Kate again after finding out, on his return home from Germany, that she’s moved out of the apartment she rented across the hall from him.

Shasta Mosley /Cherry0Blossom
Where do I even begin, I thought that Fallen For you (The Killer Next Door) by Carlie Sexton left me hanging and wanting more, I was completely fooled. Sexton has done it again. But with Taken By You (The Killer Next Door Part 2), it is even worse. I am hanging on by a thread to know what happens next in this erotic thriller

In Taken By You, Sexton picks up where we leave off from Fallen For You. Kate and Neil have moved in with each other and Roger is gone out of the country, but of course not
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews

This is the continuation of the suspense that happened in Fallen for You.

Kate and Neil’s relationship is moving forward in this book. Neil is doing everything he can to protect Kate. He’s had
When I began my journey of becoming an author, I had no idea all the blessings that would be bestowed upon me. First, I have had the pleasure of meeting so many readers at signings and they have overwhelmed my heart with how much they love my books. Their words of affirmation have given me pure joy and they are the reason I write. To stare my stories with them is to give them a glimpse into my hea ...more

The Killer Next Door (3 books)
  • Fallen for You (The Killer Next Door, #1)
  • Given to You (The Killer Next Door, #3)

News & Interviews