Start by marking “To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)” as Want to Read:
To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  67,233 ratings  ·  9,128 reviews
Lara Jean keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her.

They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her, these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she can pour out her heart and soul and say all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secr
Published April 15th 2014 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Avery TheLibrariansDaughter
If I wrote this book it would go a little something like this:
To all the boys I've loved before...
Fuck You.
description
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
There are certain lines that you do not cross, and coveting your beloved sister's ex-boyfriend is one of them. That's why this book made me gag a little.

This book was purposeless. There was no ending. There was no romance. There was no character growth (and the main character was pretty dumb to begin with). I don't usually read contemporary YA novels, but when I do, I have certain expectations. I want sweetness, I want a character that matures, and I want some really cute romance. Yeah. Me. Want
Regan
I read this in a day. SO CUTE.

Follows a girl called Lara Jean and through her life she has written letters to all the boys she has loved in her past, she keeps these letters safely tucked away from the word. However, one day she finds they are gone, her letters have been sent out, and everyone she has ever loved now knows. Including her older sisters ex-boyfriend. This story follows Lara Jean as she struggles with her relationship with her older sister and her past loves.

It had so many levels,
Raeleen Lemay
Well... That was disappointing.

I absolutely could not stand Lara Jean's voice. She sounded like a child, even though she's 16 years old. STOP. She also cried any time something mildly unfortunate happened, and that got old real fast.

I fail to see how any of the romance in this book was cute. There are two love interests, and both of them were horrible. I wasn't rooting for either of them at all.

ALSO, the letters, which I thought would be a big part of the story, were really only used as somethin
Emily May
The Blurb: Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control in this heartfelt novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Summer I Turned Pretty series.

The Reality: Privileged, boring, 16-year-old girl (who's "voice" sounds closer to 12) feels sorry for herself because her sister's boyfriend doesn't want her. Until he does. Conclusion? There is none. Just a lot of faffing about, moronically pining, and an inconclusive non-ending.

2014 Contemporary YA sucks. So many books I'
Jessica (priceiswong)
Reread in June 2015 for my Goodreads group readalong! Loved it just as much the second time!

1st read:
SO CUTE.
I loved the Song sister's relationship! Can't wait for book two! I didn't realize at first that there were going to be more and I was so sad that this book was over :(

Keep watching for my full review! PLUS a giveaway is coming soon near you soon!! *wink wink*
Brianna H
This sounds adorable!

And looks pretty adorable too!

Taschima Cullen
I love this title. Like, really love it. It's just, we all have boys we have loved before so it resonates. Plus it sounds like quite a beginning to an awesome letter to all your past loves about why it didn't quite work out. We can only hope for a very juicy/scandalous explanation.

description
Prami
3.5 Stars

It's been awhile since I wrote any review so my writing might be a little rustic, just bear with me. :)

Lara Jean is a half Korean teenager who is the middle sister to older Margot and little Kitty. Their mother passed away nine years prior to the events in the novel. So basically it's Lara Jean and Margot who looks after the family. In the start of the book, Margot goes away to Scotland for college. And thus the responsibility of her Dad and little sister Kitty falls under Lara jean's s
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating 2.5 stars. This might change after I think more on it.

I really enjoyed the dynamic between Margot and Lara Jean, the banter between Lara Jean and Peter and the Harry Potter scene with Josh and Lara Jean. The novel had a few high points, but it didn't consistently hook me scene after scene the way I was hoping for. Still, I can completely see why it's a beloved book by many of my friends. Full review to come maybe.
Katie
This is about a 3.7. I read this in one day. I honestly didn't want to put it down and I barely did. Jenny Han does contemporary really well. The way it ended was not how I thought it would when I started, which is always cool. I loved the relationship between the three sisters so much and found it really sweet and believable. Sometimes with contemporaries I find the mundanity of daily activities in the stories boring, but that didn't happen here. Which was really, really nice.
Zemira Warner
New Jenny Han book? Yes please.

*edit*

I'm not sure I'll be reviewing this book. I have a couple of things I do want to say but I'm not going to.
Chloe
I literally read this book in one sitting!
I really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next one!
Mandy K
Full Review

You know what? I think I'm on a contemporary romance kick right now. Two contemporary romance books in a row is a rare occurrence for me. Out of all the books I own, I think I believe I only own 9 contemporary romances, 6 of which are Sarah Dessen. But I was wandering around the library this afternoon, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before caught my eye. I know that the sequel just came out, and I know that a lot of people adored this book. And I mean will you look at that cover? So I
Brianna
I was one of the few people who was lucky enough to win this book in the giveaway. I had been a huge fan of Jenny Han ever since The Summer I Turned Pretty, and couldn't wait to read her newest novel.
Unfortunately, this book was just one giant disappointment for many reasons.

First of all, the main character was completely unrelatable and unrealistic. While in this YA novel she was supposedly in her later high school years, it seemed more like she was an annoying 13 year old girl trying to grow
Natalie Monroe
EDIT 8/2/2014: Marking this down to one star. My original 3-star review can be found below.

Let's kick off this review with a little music:

Look at me, I'm Lara Jean!
Lousy at figuring out mysteries
Won't drive a car unless I absolutely have to
I can't! I'm Lara Jean!

Watch it! Hey, I'm Miss Goody Two-shoes
I was not brought up that way
Scandalized by
Peter cheating off a quiz
Because cheating is so wrooooong.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is our protagonist. The girl whose head we have to live in for 288 pa
Pearl Angeli
"I think I see the difference now, between loving someone from afar and loving someone up close, you see the real them, but they also get to see the real you."

A cuteness overload book! Reading another Jenny Han's book as good as this is making me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I love it! Miss Jenny Han really never fails!

This book is a light and easy read. It's also swoon-worthy. I love the author's writing style, as usual. And of course, I love the characters-- Peter Kavinsky and Kitty, especial
Jess
Dec 19, 2014 Jess rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are superficial & love a guy with an Audi enough to forget an immature protagonist
Essentially, this book is the equivalent to eating a sweet and sour lolly—childish voice but with a side of banter. I’m a fan of the sour sensation and not so much of the sweetness to follow. The thing with these sweets is, the numbing sourness is transient, often overtaken by a sweet dominance.

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before gave me a hug, and held me in a manner that stupefied all my other instincts. And then it blindsided me. Because little did I know, while I was grinning ear to ear, t
Fenia
This book is another Horcruxe. Meaning another soul-mate book. I'm mindblown. I didnt expect it to love it so much. The whole concept is so original and funny and cute. WOW!!

Lara Jean is so much like me that it makes me scared. Are you watching me Jenny Han?? It was easy for me to relate with her,and just really get into the book. It took me long to read it because i wanted to stay longer inside the pages of this book. She just understands me. And dont get me started on Peter Kavinsky!!! He's..
Jasmine
4 STARS!

“Do you know what it’s like to like someone so much you can’t stand it and know that they’ll never feel the same way?”

After having a bad streak of reads from NA and adult contemp alike, I decided to venture back into the YA genre and it was the best decision I made in a while. When I saw the paperback of this series in my bookstore and its lovely cover calling out to me, I just couldn't resist.

This was such a sweet, quirky read that features a heroine, Lara Jean Song Covey who hails
Aimee
I LOVE THIS.

THE BLURB. JUST. OH MY GOD.

ripping gif photo: rippingouthair.gif

I need a copy. Any kind of copy. OH MY GOD.

The WAITING.

photo tumblr_inline_mge9tqfXBU1rbumi6.gif

Ms. Jenny Han can I please have a copy? Pleaseeeeeee.
If not, I do hope this is published as early as the release date. Like, tomorrow. :D
Cari
Rating: 5 Stars

My Opinion of This Book: Hands down my favorite read of 2015 by far.
_________________________________________________

When I found out Jenny Han was coming to VA (finally an author comes here!), I had to pick this book up. And boy am I glad I did. This book is such a light and cute read with such strong characters. Not to mention that this book shows diversity and the importance of family.
(Side note: Jenny Han is so sweet and adorable! Her nails, outfit - I mean, goals)

THE GOOD.
Anna
Jul 03, 2015 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People looking for a quick, cute read
Re-read January 2015 : 4 stars

After reading it in a audiobook form my thoughts changed a bit. My love for Peter Kavinsky quadrupled. Lara Jean even grew on me and her voice nearly didn't annoy me (some moments still bother me though). Plus the cuteness.

First Read Review : 2,75-3 stars

"Because by the time you finally see each other, you're catching up only on the big things, because it's too much bother to tell about the little things. But the little things are what makes up life."

The idea
5 unexpected-this-whole-book-is-such-a-cutie stars!!

First thoughts:

*Warning: the following 'review' was written by a very emotional, completely sleep-deprived reader at almost 6am in the morning. Beware!*

OMG THIS WAS SO SO UNEXPECTED!!

I can't believe how much I liked it. I stayed up until 5:30am for it. I basically read it in one setting. Do you know how long it's been since I've stayed up until next morning to finish a book?!
And there's no way I'm going to sleep now! Like how? I'm wide awake
Colette
So glad I finally read this book! From the characters to emotions this book gives it all to its readers. Fans of YA contemporary must pick up this novel! Overall 4/5 stars; can't wait for the sequel!
Bookables
Blog: http://bookablesbooks.blogspot.com/20...

It's no surprise I love Jenny Han's books. I loved her The Summer I Turned Pretty series. So when I heard this book was coming out, I was over the moon excited for it!

I enjoyed this book. I wouldn't say I loved it but I highly enjoyed it, if that makes any sense. I liked Lara Jean's character. She was sweet & innocent and and you wanted the best choices for her. I enjoyed seeing her character develop over this book. I felt that she was living i
Olivia
This is the epitome of cuteness! Starting the sequal really soon!
Natasha Polis
This book is just everything I needed, such a sweet story about love, family, and experiencing life. This has to be my favorite contemporary so far in 2014, and I'm so happy I've been introduced to Jenny Han. The second book needs to be in my hands right now. If you are looking for some good contemporary with the right amount of angst and fluff and just goodness, pick this book up NOW!
Ariana
If I’m generous I might give this book 3 stars.

I am not sure I should be though.
*sigh*

I really love reading and I always want to love the books I read. It makes me sad when that is not the case, because maybe it’s not the book, maybe it’s just me.. But how can one tell the difference?

To be honest, I’ve had a lot of fun in the beginning, but after a few chapters it seemed like this story was really all over the place (I wasn’t sure what was supposed to happen and what did happen left me with th
  • The Art of Lainey
  • Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge, #1)
  • Being Sloane Jacobs
  • Open Road Summer
  • Split Second (Pivot Point, #2)
  • Ask Again Later
  • Rules of Summer (Rules of Summer, #1)
  • Bright Before Sunrise
  • The Geography of You and Me
  • What I Thought Was True
  • Faking Normal
  • Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Boys Like You
  • Better off Friends
  • Nantucket Blue (Nantucket, #1)
  • Learning Not to Drown
  • Just One Night (Just One Day, #2.5)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before (2 books)
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2) We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3) P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1)

“When someone's been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it's like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you're just clutching air and grit.” 550 likes
“You'd rather make up a fantasy version of somebody in your head than be with a real person.” 486 likes