Start by marking “Black Knight (Witch World, #2)” as Want to Read:
Black Knight (Witch World, #2)

Black Knight

(Witch World #2)

The thrilling Witch World saga continues in this suspenseful sequel to Red Queen, from #1 New York Times bestselling author Christopher Pike.

Jessica Ralle thought the worst was over. The mindblowing revelations. The terrifying danger.

The heartbreaking loss.

Turns out, discovering Witch World was just the beginning.

The riveting Witch Worfrom
Published December 2nd 2014 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Black Knight, please sign up.
Courtney ✿ A lot of reviewers get the book early from publishers or receive arcs of the book. The more influence a book gets, the more it's noticed and bought…moreA lot of reviewers get the book early from publishers or receive arcs of the book. The more influence a book gets, the more it's noticed and bought when it's released. (less)

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
2.5 Stars
My teen years, like many, were filled with Pike's crazy and highly entertaining stories. How could I refuse a new release? Well it turns out I can't but maybe I should have.

Let me explain, I struggled with the first book, a lot. It was too detail oriented and felt very juvenile, yes I know these are for a younger audience than I happen to belong to but still, even for the characters being 18 and older it felt young, it read young.

Once again while this has c
Jenn (One of Many, We are Legion)
Ok, here's the deal with this book. So many tropes that should irritate me (and undoubtedly will irritate others), but it's Christopher Pike! This is an author I read religiously in the 80s and 90s. Every single book. I would buy a new one, and immediately flip to the back page where it stated the title of his next release and when it would be on sale. His plots were usually batshit (remember Gimme a Kiss? One of my favorites), but god if his books aren't fun. For that alone, I made many allowances a ...more
Mandy
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so much fun, I got a nerd-high.

After having my mind expanded and twisted in several directions by the parallel worlds in Red Queen (aka Witch World), I couldn’t begin to imagine where Black Knight would take our wickedly-good witch, Jessie. This time, she’s swept out of the human world and dropped, quite literally, into The Field, a wilderness filled with skilled opponents where she’s forced to fight for her life. There will be only one survivor.

Wait, you say, this soun
Earl
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, 2014
"The sequel better step up its game." I wrote that after I finished reading Red Queen, the new title of the first book in the Witch World saga. Black Knight did just that!

But, let's back track a bit. I liked that they reformatted the series. The covers are vast improvements. Unfortunately, I don't think the publisher doesn't know how to quite market it, which is a shame because Christopher Pike was- is- a pioneer in the YA world.

Black Knight, although it's a sequel, can b
Raychel Garibay
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg amazing!!!! Different fromThe first one but absolutely one of the best books I've read. They introduce new characters that you fall in love with the story is kind of hunger games meet something else that I'm not quite sure of but it hooks you in the first page and I honestly could not put it down. Jessica the main character is just hands-down the most kick ass lead character. I loved this book everyone needs to read it after they read the first one of course. I just hope it doesn't take as l ...more
Roberta R. (Offbeat YA)
Excerpt from my review - originally published at Offbeat YA.

Pros: Unique approach to witches and alternate universes. Faster pace and more cohesion than Book 1. Never a dull moment (with the possible exception of Ch. 1).
Cons: Heroine reads like a slightly different version of Sita (The Last Vampire/Thirst), this time with a penchant for being in love/lust with two men at a time. Most characters are unbelievably skilled for a bunch of newborn teen witches or witch wannabes. We don't get the explanations/>
Mukta Mohapatra
I have loved the author for over 25 years and this is the first time I thought a book was truly terrible.

It has been two years since the first book came out, so my memory was rusty on the characters and exact scenarios, but I do remember loving the first book. I still have some trouble understanding how people live in both world consecutively, not simultaneously.

When I was 13 and reading about people falling in love instantly, I believed it. This time, I rolled my eyes and thought J
Suzanne Scheid
I'm torn because although the plot for this book was really interesting there are some major moral issues I have with this book. Jessie knows the Jimmy that is now in Witch World yet for what ever reason she is now totally distracted and can't be bothered with him or their daughter, who just last book she was infatuated with. This book only takes place 1 month after the first one, wtf... Now she ends up in the Field and falls in love with another guy Marc in a matter of a day. Then at the end sh ...more
Isabelle
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bad Hunger Games parody. We don't even find out what the Field was for - whether for the Lapras or the Council. Marc is ok; romance is ok; BUT not at the expense of Jimmy who was built up so much in the first book. Ironic since I was more drawn to Russ and Kendor in Red Queen, but all the more reason to feel betrayed in this sequel, after all that Jimmy gave up for Jessie. The action in the Field was ok, I still have issues with the duality of worlds - and again, for that reason, feel short-chan ...more
Kurio
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Never have a struggled this hard with a Christopher Pike book and I have no idea why. I love his stuff, but maybe it just wasn't the right time for me to read these.

Thoughts: Lara seemed a huge pivotal point in the story and nothing happened with her. Not sure if there's a book 3, but it seemed she was more important than what she played out. I was just expecting more.

I would really like to know where the Field was and what's the point of wasting countless powerful witche
Joy
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Priscilla
defiantly liked the first book better. the ending threw me off and just didn't sit right.
Basyirah
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will update review later
Melissa
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely enjoyed this. Seemed kind of rushed towards the end but that could've been me wanting to read another book just as much.
Stacy Sabala
Apr 21, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Book Review- Black Knight by Christopher Pike
Jessica is coming to terms with her life after she becomes a witch. She is one of a kind with seven witch genes. After the incident in Las Vegas she gained new abilities and knowledge of the witch world. Her boyfriend Jimmy is trapped in Witch World but is able to care for Lara, Jessica’s infant daughter. Lara is extremely special as she has ten witch genes which is unheard of. Jessica is trying to regain all her memories from when she lived mer
Leah Bosward
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have finally got round to reading this book. I first red with world two years ago and did not know there was a sequel and i absolutely loved the book. It was so clever and the writing was great as it always is with Christopher pike. Jessie wasn't the perfect heroine like in most books she did what she had to. I loved the ending of witch world because it felt right if not a little upsetting. When i re read witch world i loved it all over again.
I then moved on to Black knight and the first
Amy
I have a bad tendency to buy books and add them to my to-read pile, only to prioritize books from the library over them. Thus, it's been 2 years since I've owned this book and it's been sitting in my Kindle for *forever*, like an albatross hanging around my neck. But I've got a fat nonfiction book from the library checked out right now that is not as exciting, so I fired up the Kindle app on my phone and decided to finish this book once and for all.

I do like Pike's world-building for
Sehar
Jul 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was like right before he started to write this book, pike read the hunger games and went like 'ooh I wanna write something like that!'. Hence the black knight!
The relevance to the witch world story started in the last book is sketchy at best.
The story... Being by Chris pike... Is eminently readable n Keeps u glued, but hasn't really been thought through or fleshed out enough to make me happy. Yes, I know it's YA, but its pike himself who said that the best way to alienate YA readers is
Rachel Scott
First of all, let me say Christopher Pike is one of my favorite authors of all time. I've been reading his work for 20 years and will read almost anything he writes. That being said, here we go...

The first book in this series was pretty good, but confusing at times. It was good enough for me to pick up the second book in the series. This second book has a bunch of "wtf?!" moments sprinkled throughout this long book of crazy. Im disappointed in this Divergent-esque book, and I am hopi
Magret Robinson
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg amazing!!!! Different fromThe first one but absolutely one of the best books I've read. They introduce new characters that you fall in love with the story is kind of hunger games meet something else that I'm not quite sure of but it hooks you in the first page and I honestly could not put it down. Jessica the main character is just hands down the most kick ass lead character. I loved this book everyone needs to read it after they read the first one of course. I just hope it doesn't take as l ...more
Mariah Stillbrook
The second book in Pike's Witch World series held my attention well, but it had a few flaws. My biggest problem with this series is that the heroine isn't a very solid character. I understand that she is young, but she claims to be madly in love with the father of her child, yet she simultaneously falls in love with every other guy she meets who pays a lick of attention to her. Also the plot of this book was a little too Hunger Games for me. However, I read this book in three days...so our autho ...more
Malissa S
Marcia
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this series. I only gave it 3 stars vs 4 because the ending leaves us hanging way too much and I can't decide if he left it that way so that if he was tired of writing the series he had a way out and doesn't have to finish it or if the third book will be so ridiculous because of where he left it off that it won't be worthy of reading.

Regardless, the book was a good read and I like fantasy novels so it fit the bill for me! Was very happy since it came out last month and when I walked into
Kristie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A stark dissapointment. I was dying to get my hands on this book after reading Red Queen but it turns out the story was better off ending there itself. For once, changing the hero was not a good idea. I mean, I understand that Jessica is young but surely not SO unstable that she fell in luv with Marc in what- a day on the Field. This book messed it all up. It left me despising Jessie and Msrc like hell. Also, there is no focus on Lara. In Red queen, she was the saviour. And now she is....What? a ...more
Mara Petrovsky
Dec 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Brittany
Victoria
It felt really cliched, it had a hunger games sort of vibe. It seemed that when she got her witch powers she was like yeah ok im growing into them in the first book but with this book she was acting like she had, had them for years and was a master at them and that was also annoying. It wasnt bad as it wasnt very detailed, so while reading it i was getting confused as where something was located or where someone was located. The deaths in the book happened so fast that it was annoying.
Mandy Pinoteau
Normally I like almost all Pike books, I grew up reading them and admit that I still do, however this was like rereading the Hunger Games only with witches involved. The story wasn't that imaginative and some of the characters were downright unlikable. After reading witch world vol 1 I guess I was just expecting more from this book and for me it did not deliver.
Angelica Montanez
I loved this book. It was about a witch who was taken to the field... Where she was forced to fight six other teams . All of the other teams had one witch . T he witches were pretty sure that the others were lament witches or witches to be. Viper was a very powerful witch that she had to fight but she could levitate lava even though she could levitate to she could barly levitate a pencil.
Aliah Gander
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a pretty good book. I would recommend it to people who like The Hunger Games or even Harry Potter. It never slowed down the pace too much, and kept me wanting to look for what's happening next.

• Static Mayhem (Mayhem Wave, #2)
  • Deadgirl: Ghostlight
  • The Outs
  • Wild Hearts (Justiss Alliance, #0.5)
  • The Dickens Mirror (Dark Passages, #2)
  • Sentinel (Sentinel Trilogy, #1)
  • Child of Nod (The Balance #1)
  • Southbound Surrender (South Boys, #1)
  • To Bear an Iron Key
  • Fangtabulous (Vamped, #4)
  • The Upside of Being Let Down
  • Full Steam Ahead (Sea Swept, #1)
  • I'll Take A Chance (Running Into Love, #2)
  • American Girl Surviving Saturn (Saturn, #3)
  • Alabama Sons (The Sons Trilogy, #1)
  • The Witch is Back (Life's a Witch, #3)
  • The Switch
  • The Beautiful and the Damned
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programmed c/>Librarian

Witch World (2 books)
  • Witch World  (Witch World, #1)