Start by marking “Lych Way (The Undertaken, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lych Way (The Undertaken, #3)

Lych Way (The Undertaken #3)

If Love and Death die, what is left?

Silas Umber has returned from Arvale, his family’s ancestral home, having disturbed the tormented spirits of his ancient line. Frantic to retrieve the shade of his beloved Beatrice, he turns his back on the spectral chaos he has left behind, unaware that the malevolence he unleashed has followed him back to Lichport.

As his family and fri
Published February 25th 2014 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Lych Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lych Way

Jesie Stefani
Mar 21, 2014 Jesie Stefani rated it it was amazing
This book, the whole trilogy really,is well worth the read. My stomach tightened deliciously at the rich and often dark atmosphere brought to life by the author.I was markedly drawn back into the world of Silas Umber - the Undertaker of Lichport within the first few pages. As I continued to read on - just when the ghostly deeds seemed to much (in a good way) - Ari Berk filled my imagination with a myriad of rites pertaining to death, birth, and the grave! In short, as always, Ari Berk’s writing ...more
Nancy
Jun 22, 2015 Nancy rated it it was amazing
And so, the trilogy ends as it began--brilliantly. The story in this volume follows traditional rules of structure, something that many writers ignore because they don't want to work that hard, and it weaves two tales of redemption--Silas and Dolores--as deftly as the Moirae craft their tapestry. Without spoiling anything, I will say that the ending was quiet, something I had not expected but which made complete sense.

All three books were well worth the time spent reading them, even when I coul
Crini
Jul 15, 2013 Crini rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Whoop! A green cover! \o/
Joy
I've stopped listing this a YA since I think many adults would enjoy the series. You do need to start at the beginning and although this is the last listed I hope the story continues.
J.Elle
Jun 08, 2014 J.Elle rated it it was ok
This entire series was just ok. I wish it had been more like the Garth Nix Sabriel series, which is one of my favorites. Alas. Silas Umber is a strange child who becomes even more strange when his dad disappears and he and his terrible mother are forced to move back to the town where his parent's grew up and live with his dad's brother. Here Silas starts to learn the truth about his dad's profession which he thought was a typical undertaker. Instead, it was more of a guide for the dead, helping ...more
Teri Peterson
Jan 01, 2015 Teri Peterson rated it it was amazing
Omg. What an incredible third book. I read both book two and three in the same day because I just couldn't stop...and this one was creepy enough that I didn't want to go to bed without finding out what happens.

This whole series gets under the reader's skin, in part because it's *just* realistic enough to be a little scary without being gory, and in part because the themes are things that really matter: the nature of life and death, family, love, grief. It's so thought provoking, in addition to
Kara
Jun 06, 2014 Kara added it
Shelves: on-hold
I'm putting this aside. I stopped on page 74. I don't want to say I am DNFing this, as I fully intend to come back to it when I am in the mood for something eerie, gothic, and heavy. Right now I am just finding it too slow and I am a little bored.

Ugh, my attention span is suffering these days.

I also think I want to reread the trilogy from the beginning. It has been so long since I read Mistle Child, and a lot of the details have been lost to me and they are not coming back so easily.

I still r
Sherri
Aug 13, 2016 Sherri rated it it was amazing
I loved this series. It frequently had me in tears, but it's worth it. To me, it was an examination of life and death and love... How each person takes them to a different place and the impact each has on them.
M Raindancerstahl
Mar 09, 2014 M Raindancerstahl rated it really liked it
ended a bit abruptly, and not quite definitively. I think if he were not aiming for a younger audience, it might have been improved by more detailed explanations of what was going on.

A chaotic world was created and never dealt with.
Meara
Katherine
Jun 26, 2014 Katherine rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, series
This one was slow going, confusing, disjointed? I can say...the first two books in this Trilogy grabbed me from the first page and didn't let go until the last...but #3..not so..I had to force myself through the middle...and was relieved that I made it through.
Rochelle
Oct 01, 2014 Rochelle rated it liked it
Shelves: have
I totally enjoyed this book but it felt a bit rushed and ended in a cliffhanger which is ok if it wasn't the last book in a trilogy.
Kate Willis
Mar 16, 2015 Kate Willis rated it it was amazing
Wrote a review on this wonderful series: www.unscriptedreviews.wordpress.com
Jillian
May 17, 2014 Jillian rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, library, relics
The final installment of this meandering and mesmerizing series ventures into Egyptian mythology as Silas seeks out his place in the worlds of the living and the dead.
Jaquelyn
Jaquelyn rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2014
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2015
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Mollie
Mollie rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Diana Z
Diana Z rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Downysheep
Downysheep rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Kasey
Kasey rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Kelli
Kelli rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Mackenzie
Mackenzie rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2014
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Nerdy Words
Nerdy Words rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Kim Heimbuch
Kim Heimbuch rated it liked it
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • A Flower Fairies Treasury
  • The Secret Language of Sacred Spaces: Decoding Churches, Cathedrals, Temples, Mosques and Other Places of Worship Around the World
  • How to Talk Minnesotan: A Visitor's Guide
  • Laura Ingalls Wilder's Fairy Poems
  • Undead with Benefits
  • Making an Exit: From the Magnificent to the Macabre -- How We Dignify the Dead
  • Pieces of Me
  • Real Vampires Take a Bite Out of Christmas (Real Vampires #10.5)
  • Jim Henson's The Storyteller
  • House of Sand and Secrets (Hobverse #2)
  • The Betsy-Tacy Treasury (Betsy-Tacy, #1–4)
  • How to See Faeries
  • The Klaatu Terminus  (The Klaatu Diskos, #3)
  • Strange Stains and Mysterious Smells: Based on Quentin Cottington's Journal of Faery Research
  • Untitled (Gone With the Respiration, #3)
  • This Way Home
  • Dance of Fire (Dance of Shadows, #2)
  • The Black Paw (Spy Mice, #1)
Ari Berk is a writer, artist, and scholar of literature, folklore, and myth. Former student of and assistant to Pulitzer Prize winning writer N. Scott Momaday, Ari has written everything from academic works on ancient cultures to popular books about myths and legends for children and adults and, most recently, a trilogy of novels. He works in a library filled to the ceiling with thousands of arcan ...more
More about Ari Berk...

The Undertaken (3 books)
  • Death Watch (The Undertaken, #1)
  • Mistle Child (The Undertaken, #2)