Start by marking “The Lawman's Holiday Wish (Kirkwood Lake, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Lawman's Holiday Wish (Kirkwood Lake, #3)

The Lawman's Holiday Wish (Kirkwood Lake #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Second-Chance Christmas

No one in Kirkwood Lake seems willing to forget, or forgive, Rainey McKinney's troubled past. But Rainey can't afford to let that bother her. Her top priority is rebuilding her life and being a good mom to her twin daughters. Even handsome deputy sheriff Luke Campbell can't distract her, tempting as he is. She's determined to keep her distance, but
Published November 19th 2013 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about The Lawman's Holiday Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lawman's Holiday Wish

Veronica
I liked Rainey and Luke and their children but there was a lot going on in this book. Rainey's past was never completely explained and was kind of confusing. I also didn't care for the cliche story filler of (view spoiler).
Claudia Aroni
The title mislead me to think it was a Christmas story, which I desperately needed to get my mind off from the craziness of this week, but it wasn't. Not having read any of the other books in the series, I made my own background stories on the characters so I could get through it. Could that have been the main reason why I didn't enjoy it as much? Perhaps. Oh, well! Next!
Michelle
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After getting to know Rainey in the last book, was was happy to see her get her own book! Rainy has had a rough go of it. She spent time in jail for a crime she didn't commit because she was protecting a friend who was pregnant. Then she breaks parole. When a dirty cop threatens her, she has to leave her twin daughters with her mother and sister and go away.

Now she's back.
Some are happy.
Some are not.

Then there's Luke Campbell. We also met him in the previous book. Luke is widowed and raising his
D.J.

Rainy McKinney has had more than her share of trouble . . .

Even though she was exonerated of a crime — and her criminal record was expunged — certain people in the town refuse to forget her past . . . or let her forget it.

When Luke Campbell approaches Rainy with a request to join forces in dealing with problems concerning their children, she willingly complies. But Luke has problems of his own. Will he end up pushing her away because of his past?

I can’t recommend this story enough! It’s amazing!
Ruth
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Lawman's Holiday Wish by Ruth Herne deserves a 10, not just a 5....this book is beyond AWESOME...I was like Luke after a divorce when our son was only 6 mos. old, so I understood him all the way! Wish I would have had a friend like he did! If you have not read this book, then you must put it on your to read list! You will NOT be sorry!! My emotions were crying, praying, thinking, rejoicing, laughing, and many others while reading it! THANK you, Ruth Logan Herne, for sharing your God given ta ...more
C.
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This took me forever to finish, because I read two chapters and then got busy getting ready for Christmas, and only got to pick it up again weeks later. I thought I'd have to start over, but as soon as I'd read a page I remembered everything about the characters and their problems, which speaks to how vividly written they were.
This was another Harlequin Love Inspired, so it featured a brand of "let's talk about our faith a lot" Christianity that isn't quite...me. But it was believable for the ch
Bonnie
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy reading Love Inspired books. They have a message. The Lawman's Holiday Wish was a very good book. Rainey had rough teenage years. She went to jail for something she didn't do, so the real person would have her baby not in jail. Rainy has twin five year old girls. She leaves them for three years. Not wanting the people who hated her to harm her girls. She eventually moves back to Kirkwood Lake. Some people are against her for what she did. With Gods help things change for her. She ...more
Marilyn Johnson
Nov 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful story. Getting to know Rainey and Luke and the town of Kirkwood Lake. You can see how sometimes we judge others based on past, with out showing God's love and forgiveness. We also can see how we blame ourself for things that are completely out of our control instead of just trusting God to do what we know is best for us, even if we can't see it now.

I enjoyed the personalities of both Luke, Rainey and their families. You just feel like you became a part of the whole story. This s
Harlequin Books
Received 4 stars at RT Book Reviews
Miniseries: Kirkwood Lake

Harlequin Reader Reviews
"Another winning Christmas story from a much-loved author. Herne knows how to pack an emotional punch and this one left me reeling, in fact, she made me cry. :-( But I forgive her because this book is pure Christmas magic." to read more, go HERE>
June
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great story in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Ruth Logan Herne loves Charlie Brown Christmas trees, rooting for the underdog and people who go the distance while others see the path as too long or broken! She loves God, chocolate, writing, dogs and is blessed by a sprawling family, oodles of grandkids and a sweet old farmhouse in constant need of work. She's sure that clean rooms are over-rated, snakes and possums should mind their own busine ...more
More about Ruth Logan Herne...

Kirkwood Lake (6 books)
  • The Lawman's Second Chance (Kirkwood Lake, #1)
  • Falling for the Lawman (Kirkwood Lake, #2)
  • Loving the Lawman (Kirkwood Lake, #4)
  • Her Holiday Family (Kirkwood Lake, #5)
  • Healing the Lawman's Heart (Kirkwood Lake #6)