Start by marking “Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent, #3)

Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  6,010 Ratings  ·  977 Reviews
Jazz Dent has never been closer to catching his father.

Jazz has been shot and left to die in New York. His girlfriend, Connie, is in the clutches of Jazz's monstrous father, Billy--the world's most notorious serial killer. And his best friend, Howie, is bleeding to death on the floor of Jazz's new home.

Somehow, these three must rise above the horrors and find a way to com
Published September 9th 2014 by Little, Brown

To ask other readers questions about Blood of My Blood, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Barry Lyga Thanks! I have no plans to explore what Ugly J was up to all that time. I think we can assume it was pretty gruesome, though!

Still, you never know --…more

Still, you never know -- I've changed my mind about such things in the past, so who knows?(less)
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. MaasThe Infinite Sea by Rick YanceyI'll Give You the Sun by Jandy NelsonTrial by Fire by Josephine AngeliniAfterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
New YA September 2014
121 books — 186 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareCress by Marissa MeyerIgnite Me by Tahereh MafiThe One by Kiera CassSilver Shadows by Richelle Mead
2014 Releases
645 books — 1,192 voters

More lists with this book...

Aj the Ravenous Reader
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: psycho

Phew! I have never been more relieved to reach the conclusion of a series which is a rare exception because when a series is so good, I often don`t want it to end but no matter how good this finale is, I wouldn`t want to prolong my exposure to any more bloody, gruesome details.

The entire series but especially this finale has been emotionally exhausting and physically excruciating because both my feelings and my facial muscles constantly contorted in fear and disgust.

Throughout the book, my rea
Emily May
“Playtime’s over. Are you ready to meet the Crow King?”

There's just one thing I need to get out of the way before I start the proper review: I totally saw that coming. Sadly.

Okay, so what does this book have?
• Jazz's dreams of cutting and disturbing sexual situations.
• Jazz wondering if there is a sociopath lurking inside him.
• Howie generally being horny and thinking about getting laid.
• Annoying and unbelievably stupid cops who need to be fired.
• Emphasis on Connie being a black girl and t
Katherine
description
"It will not hurt. If you'd be... if you'll be quiet. If you'll be quiet."- Jim Jones

Setting:New York City and Lobo's Nod; 2014

Coverly Love?:Yes; this is the creepiest cover of the bunch. And again, if you take off the dust jacket of the hardcover, you have gorgeous artwork underneath. It's worth the extra money to buy them all in hardcover.

Plot:Our three favorite crime solving friends have each found themselves in quite the pickle. Jazz has been left to bleed out in the inside of a storage f
Gavin
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books
This final book in the Jasper Dent series turned out to be the best book of the whole trilogy! This is just a fun YA thriller series. There is a good balance between the mystery, suspense, and the action.

The second book in the series ended on a whole bunch of cliffhangers which meant this one got off to a super exciting start. Howie and Connie played a role in this story but did not feature as prominently as they did in the second book. Which was a good thing as that meant most of the focus was
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Book 1 : I Hunt Killers ✬✬✬✬
Book 2 : Game ✬✬✬✬✬

These days, we reviewers are often asked how we choose our ratings. For the sake of transparency, I'm going to let you enter my brain a few minutes. Don't be scared, as I already said, I don't always bite. Nothing that I recall, anyway.

Creeped out yet? Good.

Let's strike an average, shall we?

You don't say! Thriller and surprise factor : ★★★ - Although I did guess some parts of the big scheme (ME! The thriller dumb!) I stayed blind on seve
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤
He [Howie] held out his hands, arms outstretched, ready for the bro hug that would come.
Instead, Jazz laughed.
The laughter was quick, unexpected, and bright. Jazz dropped the pickax and shovel with an ill-considered clang and leaned against the car as he caught his breath.
Oh, holy hell. He's lost it. He's seriously lost it.
"You okay?" he asked as Jazz stooped to pick up the tools.
"I've never been okay," Jazz told him, and walked away.

Holyyy shit...that was a lot of epic in one book. I'm just..
Kathe L
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Which one holds your fate, Jasper? Love for your family, for your kin? For the people who made you what you are? Or fear of yourself? Fear of the prospects and the world they want you to live in?"

description

This book is beautiful. No, it's incredible. It's mind-blowing. It's honest, it's painful, it's everything a book needs to be complete. To be amazingly good.

I was shocked.A lot of people guess the outcome of this book, of this series, way before the third book. But I was surprised, I was nervous, and
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
SO. FUCKED. UP.

Holy crow. I don't even know what I can say about this except that Barry Lyga is a total genius. This whole series was brilliantly plotted and written - no loose ends or deux ex machinas as far as I could see - and just... wow. Incredible trilogy. Check the audio if that's how you roll. I for one will be picking up the trilogy in hardback (bc those covers ok) and dying to reread this probably within the next six months. I can't even right now.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
If I was only allowed one adjective to describe this series as a whole, it would have to be intense.

in·tense
inˈtens/
adjective
of extreme force, degree, or strength.
"the job demands intense concentration"
synonyms:
extreme, great, acute, fierce, severe, high; More

having or showing strong feelings or opinions; extremely earnest or serious.
"an intense young woman, passionate about her art"

Thankfully, I'm not limited to just one adjective because this book, this series, is so much more than that
Trisha
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
"What is it like to go looking for your soul, only to learn you never had one to begin with?"

Wow, this is a great conclusion to a truly masterful series. I've enjoyed every last one of these books. I called the ending about mid-way through this book, but it shocked me and I didn't want to believe it for a long time.

Scary as it seems, Billy's ramblings actually started to really make sense to me. I wonder what Jasper would think of that! Ha!

Anyway, It's a wonderful conclusion. I loved every Part
Sara
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-horror
This my friends, is how you end a trilogy!
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
HOLY CANNOLI! I freaking LOVED this! I had to force myself to read this book VERY SLOWLY because I was loathe to say goodbye to some of the most incredible characters I've come across in fiction, both good and evil. I have to send huge thank yous and hugs to my book soul sisters The Twinjas who got me reading this series. Again, I'm really not into serial killer-type stories, but this series just hit all my happy buttons.

Before I get to the crux of my review, I feel the need to wax a bit poetic
AH
This book kept me reading late into the night, which probably wasn't the best planning because, well, Billy Dent is one freaky scary evil serial killer. Every sound and creak in the house made me jumpy, but I just had to finish reading this book. I won't go into all the details, it is really best to read this book with a clear mind. So here's a spoiler free impression of this book:

Jasper (Jazz) Dent is the son of the most prolific serial killer Billy Dent. Jazz has a special understanding of wha
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life

5 Stars!

What a conclusion! I LOVED this book. I absolutely LOVED it. Since the previous book in the series left us with a giant cliffhanger, this book started out knee deep in action and the excitement did not stop for even a millisecond. I literally could not put this book down and ended up finishing it while sitting in the rain at a football game. This book wrapped up everything in the trilogy beautifully. As I finished this book, I realized
Ai Haibara
BLOOD OF MY BLOOD

description

By the time this book is released, Billy will rob me of my sanity.
Typing this at 2am in the morning is seriously not helping.

Spider the Doof Warrior
Harlee
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book, THIS SERIES, is phenomenal.
I'm speechless. There were twists and turns everywhere. It kept me guessing and continually going over information trying to figure out the truth. I could go on forever but I'll just say this; this book is INSANE!!!
I love Howie, I truly love him. He's so sweet and funny and loyal. Connie really progressed for me throughout the series and became a strong character I enjoyed rooting for. Jazz. Oh my dear sweet baby Jasper. (view spoiler)
imts
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
"You're next."

Okay, so I maybe kind of sort of saw that coming. Not the whole plot twist, of course; just an inkling of it. What do you bet Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes has a similar plot twist? I haven't read the book yet, though, so this is just a theory, not an actual spoiler or anything, okay? (In addition, Mark Culpepper? Culpepper? What are the odds that I read two crime fiction seties in a row, and both of them have a character named Culpepper? It's a moderately common name, though,
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

I liked the first Jasper Dent book but I wasn't a fan of the second one, because of that I didn't have high expectations for this one. Thankfully, it turned out to be a decent read. I was hooked throughout even when characters were acting thick or when things started getting a tad predictable. The ending was the best part, it was tense and twisted, and had lots of action.

Random thoughts:

-Summary: Jazz's serial killer dad still on the run and playing games, Jazz and his frien
Amy
Awe that was a fun series... Or at least as fun as a series about serial killers could be!

lookingforabura
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"What's it like to go looking for your soul, only to learn you never had one to begin with?"

This is not your typical YA. Heck, I don't even know why this is considered YA! (Because the age of main characters maybe but the theme is disturbing) BUT if you know me, I like YA and the "disturbing" part, so yep, this is my typical book!
Wendy F
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2014
This is like my happy time right now. I feel like I've been able to read really great books, one after the other! Not only are some of my favorite series coming out with new installments, guaranteed to be awesome, but the 2 picks I chose at random were also pretty spectacular! October is a great reading month!

She knew all about the cops and their trigger fingers and their predilection for dealing with those who would attack their brethren. Her father had drummed such stories into her from a youn
Moonlight Reader
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
You know you are in a Jasper Dent novel when:

You open the book, and your heart drops to your knees.

One of the characters is covered in blood. No, more than one of the characters is covered in blood.

Someone has a knife.

Jazz is in peril. Connie is in peril. Howie is in peril.

Howie is bleeding.

There is a coded message from a serial killer.

You are playing a game, but you don't know you are playing a game. The penalty for losing is death.

You were just slapped so hard with a plot twist that your jaw h
Brigid
Dec 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm not even sure what to write for a review. I have to give this whole series 5 stars, because I just couldn't stop reading. The books were so compelling. I was completely horrified at the same time. I couldn't read these books before bed because they were so dark at times. I said on Twitter that I had to set my alarm to read them in the morning because I was too scared to read at night -- but I couldn't stop reading them. Definitely pick up this series if you want to read the darker side of YA ...more
Kerry *Soulcaster*
*4.5 stars*
Blood of My Blood was dark and disturbing like any self respecting serial killer book should be. This trilogy had me hooked from beginning to end.
Jamie
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
R4R-Review coming soon!
Anja

Meine Gedanken zum Buch

(Spoiler-Warnung: Ich versuche, möglichst spoilerfrei zu bleiben. Da diesem Buch schon zwei Bände voraus gegangen sind, kann es trotzdem passieren, dass kleine Dinge durchrutschen.)

Es ist nicht leicht, der Sohn des schlimmsten Serienkillers aller Zeiten zu sein. Noch dazu, wenn man von düsteren Gedanken, schrecklichen Albträumen und grausamen Erinnerungsfetzen gequält wird, die in Jasper Dent immer wieder die Frage aufwerfen: Bin ich
Tina
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
For more reviews visit The Book Landers

Nobody writes like Barry Lyga. Nobody. Only Lyga could write a book that chills me to my bones. Only Lyga could write such a twisted and convoluted novel and still have it make sense. This stunning conclusion to the I Hunt Killers trilogy is no doubt, one of the most unexpected and freaking incredible reads ever.

How to begin? I guess I'll start with the plot--I'm not going to spend much time on the plot as I don't want to spoil anything though. Okay, f
Stacee
I've had this on my review list for what seems like forever. I DNF'd the second book, so I'm not sure why I requested it, but I'm so glad I did. This was one hell of an ending.

I didn't really know what was going on for some of it because I don't remember some of the characters that were mentioned. The plot was fast paced from the beginning and there were so many twists, I couldn't ever settle into a rhythm. It was fantastic.

I did skim parts of it, but overall it was captivating. I'll definitel
Heidi
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five Stars: A brilliant conclusion to a must read series!

Jazz is left bleeding with two corpses in a locked storage unit, Howie is unconscious and bleeding profusely, and Connie has just come face to face with a monster. Things look bleak for our three heroes as the curtain opens......Will the trio live to fight another day against the monsters who walk amongst us? Those twisted sociopaths who murder for fun, preying upon the weak, can they be stopped? Will the truth destroy Jazz or set him fre
  • Caged Warrior
  • A Song for Bijou
  • Astray (Gated, #2)
  • I Am the Mission (The Unknown Assassin, #2)
  • Girl Last Seen
  • Scowler
  • How to Lead a Life of Crime
  • Killer Instinct (The Naturals, #2)
  • The Rules for Breaking (The Rules for Disappearing, #2)
  • Nearly Found (Nearly Gone, #2)
  • Natural Beauty
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Trust Me (Find Me, #3)
  • Complicated By You (Coventon Campus, #1)
  • Violent Ends
  • Portrait of Us
  • Fire & Ash (Rot & Ruin, #4)
  • Passenger (The Marbury Lens, #2)
Barry Lyga is a recovering comic book geek. According to Kirkus, he's also a "YA rebel-author." Somehow, the two just don't seem to go together to him.

When he was a kid, everyone told him that comic books were garbage and would rot his brain, but he had the last laugh. Raised on a steady diet of comics, he worked in the comic book industry for ten years, but now writes full-time because, well, wou
More about Barry Lyga

Jasper Dent (3 books)
  • I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1)
  • Game (Jasper Dent, #2)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
“Pain means you're alive. Pain is good. Pain is life.” 23 likes
“What's it like to go looking for your soul, only to learn you never had one to begin with?” 14 likes