Start by marking “Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps

Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps (Nate the Great #12)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  240 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
These chapter books introduce beginning readers to the detective mystery genre. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries!

Nate the Great and his trusty dog, Sludge, have a tricky case to solve. Nate’s friend Rosamond has started a fortune-telling business, but her money box is missing. Sludge and Nate visit Cl
Published June 26th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great Goes Down in the Dumps

midnightfaerie
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Alex
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because I liked the part when Nate the Great found Rosemund's box to hold money in when people pay 2 or 3 cents for Rosemund to see their future. It was under the crate. I did not like this book because I really really really do not like dumps.
Dolly
Dec 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is one of the few remaining books in the Nate the Great series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and Marc Simont that we hadn't yet read (until now, of course.) This story was a simple tale of finding a lost money box and our girls were excited to have figured it out before we read the ending.

We have enjoyed this series (especially our youngest) and we really liked the books that have the extra fun activities at the end. The activities at the end of this book have a lot of good information about
Centennial 3rd
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the book Nate the great goes down in the dumps Nate goes on a mission to find Rosamonds money box.When he went to the dump he saw a box that had an R on it but it said rat house.The characters are Nate,Rosmond,Annie,Fang and Claud.All of these characters are outside while it is hot and sunny.Nate the great wanted to find Rosamonds box because it means so much to her.The problem is that where ever Nate the great looks he cant find Rosamonds box. What do you think is going to happen next.I reco ...more
Michelle. D.
Sep 04, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: was-awful
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Loyal
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully fun detective story for children.
Rosamund has set up a fortune-telling service. She tells Nate's fortune as her first customer of the day, and it turns up a new case for him. Rosamund's box, which is big enough to hold $100 in pennies, has disappeared, even though it was empty, before she ever got her business started. Now Nate has to figure out what could have happened to the box!
Christina
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is perfect for children in 4th grade. The good think about this book is that it is a series and the children can be familiar with the main character. It is cute because Nate always helps his friends which shows that other children should help their classmates.
Rainey
These books are just so much fun to read. I read this one as a bedtime story to myself last night!
Jemma
May 07, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little bit boring.
Kaethe
Jul 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud
You know, most dumps aren't like this. Ah, well, nostalgic charm.
Heidi-Marie
Funny. I don't remember reading this book. But I have the notes from class. So, I must have.

Review: "large type. more lines per paged. Simple illustrations."
Rikki
Apr 15, 2009
Paulia
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps (Henry and Mudge, #9)
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Library Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • Abracadabra! Magic with Mouse and Mole
  • The Web Files
  • Here We All Are (26 Fairmount Avenue, #2)
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...

Nate the Great (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Nate the Great
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue