Start by marking “Bike Your Butt Off!: A Breakthrough Plan to Lose Weight and Start Cycling (No Experience Necessary!)” as Want to Read:

Given our struggling economy as well as the national struggle to maintain our waistlines, cycling is enjoying a renaissance as more than 57 million people in the United States use bicycles regularly. Now Bicycling's Fit Chick presents a brand-new, 12-week weight-loss and exercise plan for beginner and experienced cyclists alike.

Whether readers have just a little bit of wei
Published March 18th 2014 by Rodale Books (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Bike Your Butt Off!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bike Your Butt Off!

Start your review of Bike Your Butt Off!: A Breakthrough Plan to Lose Weight and Start Cycling (No Experience Necessary!)
Marcus Goncalves
Excellent insights into becoming a better cyclist, not only technically on the bike, but also, fueling and building your body for maximum performance. I’ve been preparing for my first century ride next year, so I learned a lot. Highly recommended.
John Moore
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bike
Useful book for novice and beginner cyclists and those wanting a bicycle exercise plan to assist in weight loss. Has exercise plans for outdoor cycling on a road or mountain bike and for indoor workouts on a stationary bike. Has exercise suggestions for becoming a stronger cyclist. I found the suggested outdoor bike workouts and drills the most helpful feature of the book (especially the HIIT and Tabata). Also, I appreciated the exercise suggestions.

The book is easy to read and well organized. T
Online Eccentric Librarian
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Bike your Butt Off is a diet/exercise/health book capitalizing on the current popularity of biking. Written by author and Bicycling Magazine contributor Selene Yeager and Dr. Leslie Bonci, Director of sports nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, the book offers both a physical and nutritional plan for better health.

The books is designed for those who want a weight loss or health plan but who do not
Aric
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's a fine book if your goal is to use a bicycle primarily as an exercise tool along with a diet plan (a seemingly thorough one is discussed in the book). My use for a bicycle is one of transportation and occasional recreation so I wish the chapters regarding repair and preventive maintenance was more thorough.
It's the book you might want if you would like an outdoorsy alternative to a crowded gym.
Katy
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Of course to make this work, I do have to get on the bike more and not just read. Good information, much that I already know, just need a kick-start into action. This has enough to help you be successful at riding.
Craig
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting if you have a certain level of fitness to begin with. You might have to work up to what the authors want you to achieve.
Hillary
Mar 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Most of the book consisted of things I already knew, but it was nice to have a refresher. I also enjoy the adaptations of outdoor rides to indoor.
Amanda
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Have I biked my butt off? No. The only thing this book lacks is some sort of aperatus to force me onto the bike.
Shawn Mcclory
Dec 26, 2014
Bob  Mattos
Sep 15, 2018
Larry Ciesla
rated it did not like it
Dec 17, 2015
Nov 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Think and Grow Rich
  • Enter the Saint
  • Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease
  • BB Dalton (Red, Hot & Blue #7.5)
  • The Invited
  • The Easy 5-Ingredient Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Low-Carb, High-Fat Recipes for Busy People on the Keto Diet
  • Dating Habits for Happiness: The 9 Daily Success Habits To Change Your Bad Behavior, Attract Women Effortlessly, Become More Disciplined & Be Happier
  • Dead Run: The Epic Struggle to Save Nome
  • White Fang
  • The Call of the Wild
  • From the Ashes
  • The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
  • By Invitation Only
  • Same Beach, Next Year (Lowcountry Tales, #11)
  • Invisible City (Rebekah Roberts, #1)
  • The Woman Next Door