Start by marking “Fluff Dragon (Bad Unicorn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fluff Dragon (Bad Unicorn, #2)

Fluff Dragon

(Bad Unicorn #2)

Dubbed “deviously enjoyable” by Publishers Weekly, the second book in the hilarious Bad Unicorn trilogy features killer unicorns, good dragons, rogue fire kittens, and a boy who just might be a wizard.

After defeating a killer unicorn and saving a universe, all Max and his friends want to do is go home. Instead, Max discovers that the Codex of Infinite Knowability has stopp
Published April 15th 2014 by Aladdin

Start your review of Fluff Dragon (Bad Unicorn, #2)
Melissa Chung
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I'm so excited to have completed the sequel the Bad Unicorn, one of my favorite reads of 2017. I loved Bad Unicorn so much I read it twice in 2017! 5 stars!

In Bad Unicorn we learn about the two different worlds. The Magrus (The Magical world) and the Techrus (the Human world). Our main character is Max Spencer a human, who just so happens to be in possession of the very strange book, called the Codex of Infinite Knowability. He has always had it.

There is a powerful sorcerer in the Magrus who wa
Becky B
Max Spencer (aka only person in the multiverse who can read the super powerful magical tome known as the Codex), his best friend Dirk (aka gamer extrodinaire), new-ish friend Sarah (aka girl who can put trolls in head locks and beat up bullies), and Dwight (the dwarf who’s scared of enclosed spaces) are back in the Magrus after their adventures in Bad Unicorn. They’ve been entrusted with the mission of stopping Rezemoor Dreadbringer from killing off all the dragons and pretty much destroying the ...more
Daniel Shellenbarger
Fluff Dragon picks up almost directly after the events of Bad Unicorn. Max, Dirk, Dwight, and Sarah defeated Robo-Princess (ex-unicorn and committed anthropophage), but it was a rather hollow victory since she'd already eaten humanity and left Earth a wasteland of killer robots. Fortunately, Orbiskar the Dragon-King was in need of assistance. As it turns out, while Robo-Princess was gleefully chowing down on humans, dragons were also being hunted into extinction and it was only after things had ...more
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
The Codex of Infinite Knowability is broken and will no longer respond to Max's need! All he and his best friend Dirk, love interest friend Sarah, and shop owner Dwight want is to go back home. Instead they must cross the Magrus, break into Rezormoor Dreadbringer's Wizard's tower and reset the book, no problem, right!?

I knew this was a sequel but I was drawn to the title Fluff Dragon and wanted to learn what that was without wading through the first book. That may be why I had so much trouble wi
A. Nixon
I had trouble getting into this one, admittedly. I just wasn't feeling it to start with. That said, I did read the last third in one sitting last night so it's definitely enjoyable!! It's interesting what I end up remembering and the parts that I forget. Definitely recommended and I can't wait to read the next one!

-------first read/reviewed April 21-22, 2014---------
I re-read Bad Unicorn before reading this one and I'm very glad that I did. They fit so well back-to-back and it was wonderful to r
E.J. Patten
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
In this book, Clark spins the fantasy genre on its head once again, filling the pages with fluff dragons, rainbros, fire kittens, and evil toupee makers (yes, you read that right). Old characters return, new characters abound, and situations involving other strong verbs ensue. A must read.
Karen
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-of-2014
Fluff Dragon is book 2 in the Bad Unicorn series. I really enjoyed this one, and my family is happy because they've all read it and had to keep quiet, but now we can all discuss! Lots of adventure, humor, and an ethical hero. My kind of story!
Kaylie Du
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Definitely one of my favorite fantasy books. Fluff Dragon was a wonderful magical adventure filled with chuckles along the way.
Xenonic
Aug 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was HILARIOUS! I loved it!
Robin
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this sequel to Bad Dragon, eighth-grade wizard Max and his friends Dirk and Sarah have been sent back in time from the future - a mechanized future in which human beings have been driven to extinction - to a magical realm where the arch-mage Rezormoor Dreadbringer (nice name, eh?) wants to hunt all the dragons to extinction. Max is intent on keeping his promise to the king of the dragons, the last of his kind, to stop Rezormoor before he turns the Magrus (the magical layer of reality) into a ...more
Ryne
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lucy Takeda
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
These novels are such fun! I just finished a dark murder mystery; this was a perfect option.
Max and friends are still stuck in another dimension. The situation has gotten even worse; the Codex isn’t working. Then two fire kittens, a prince, and an ancient wizardly mentor are thrown into the story.
Definitely read Bad Unicorn first. Be ready for an abundance of pure silliness.
Colin Hart
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first one
Haley
Mar 12, 2020 rated it did not like it
It sucked. Who in their right mind would ever enjoy this book. It is the only book I have not been able to finish because it sucked so badly. If I could give it 0 stars I would.
Courtney
Max Spencer has just finished saving the world from Princess the unicorn, but that was in the future. Now, they're back in the present, but still in the Magrus, a magical realm. Max and his friends, gaming nerd Dirk, comic shop owner (and dwarf) Dwight and Sarah, the brains of the operation and resident kick-boxer, are would love to go home, but the revelation that there are forces far more dangerous than Princess are at work and will still destroy the future if this rag-tag crew doesn't take ma ...more
Lydia
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max, Sarah, Dirk and Dwight (and Glen!) are back from the future, trying to stop Princess (and Magar) before they can go crazy and end the world, but mostly they are back to keep a promise. At the end of Bad Unicorn, the crew promised the King of the Dragons to come back in time and save his people, not from Princess, but from Reezemore Dreadbringer, the wizard in charge of the Tower who, incidentally, was responsible not only for the dragons extinction, but also for unleashing Princess upon the ...more
Angela Holtz
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Fluff Dragon we are introduced to some new creatures. Fluff Dragons, of course, which are dragons that accidentally "put their clothes on inside out." We know dragons can take on human form, sometimes when turning back it goes wonky and their scales are facing in, and when that happens the Escutcheon's Scale keeps reflecting the magic back in and they get really small and they are really stuck.

Fire Kittens, Loki and Moki to be exact. Moki is hilarious! He's overly excited by everything, seri
Tracy
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
What's up with the haters? I read a few reviews of Bad Unicorn and the 2-stars all started, "I really wanted to love this book, but..." If you don't like that book, you might need your sense of humor examined by a doctor. This book is for kids, but that doesn't mean adults can't laugh at it, too.

It's silly, it's cute, and has a sort of clever mixed with obnoxious humor. Glenn, the Legendary Dagger of Motivation, is the coolest. I love that dagger. If you've never laughed at Monty Python's Quest
Joye Fulgirl
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
(Really 3 and a half stars, at least! I'm just trying to reserve more than 3 stars for REALLY GREAT books, and while I did really like this one, I can't say it was REALLY great.)

This is the middle book of a trilogy, but luckily it'd didn't end on a super cliff-hanger like I thought it might. It was just as fun and amusing as the first book in the series (Bad Unicorn) with the added bonus of a fluffy dragon and fire kittens!
D_M_P
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yet another exciting read. There's nothing quite like imagining a rainbro destroying a town. or how a fire kitten would appear riding on the back of a fluff dragon. This trek even deeper into the world of Max and his friends did not disappoint. I loved every minute of it and can't wait till the third book comes out.
Tamara Richman
Very fluffy indeed. If you enjoyed Bad Unicorn (which I did), you'll enjoy this immensely entertaining and extremely lightweight sequel. This is the equivalent of chick-lit or bodice-rippers for magic/fantasy fans especially 3rd - 7th graders.
Jenn A
Both my husband and my 10 year old loved this book. Puns aplenty. I have not yet read it, but they both rave about the entire series. Anything that talks about an elf that's depressed on account of "elf-esteem" issues gets a thumbs up in my book.
Nichole
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Must read the idea of an inside out dragon, is truly inspired, and again, one of my favorite series on the market right now!
P
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it
It's the second in a series but I couldn't resist the title. It pulled me through to the end with humor and a fast paced plot, even though I'm not a gamer.
Megan
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Silly, fun. A good fantasy read for those seeking more humor than adventure.
Pamela
Jul 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Brayden got about half way through the book then quit reading because, "It was weird." You can trust the opinion of an 11 year old or try it for yourself :)
Mark
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
not quite as good as Bad Unicorn which was hillarious, but I will still pick up the third book.
Beth
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it
Totally forgot what happened in the first book so this was a harder book to really enjoy.
A
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: before-goodreads
Pure cuteness! AWESOME like the first one.
Kyle Benich
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best series ever! Can't wait for the next one.

• The Familiars
  • The Third Mushroom
  • Cast No Shadow
  • Tales from the Inner City
  • Counting Thyme
  • The Parker Inheritance
  • Highly Illogical Behavior
  • You Go First
  • Alex in Rome (Alex Archer, #3)
  • Simon & Louise
  • Lalani of the Distant Sea
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Chłopcy 3. Zguba (Chłopcy, #3)
  • Chłopcy 2. Bangarang (Chłopcy, #2)
  • Alex in Winter (Alex Archer, #2)
  • Chłopcy (Chłopcy, #1)
  • The London Eye Mystery (London Eye Mystery, #1)
  • In Lane Three, Alex Archer (Alex Archer, #1)
Platte F. Clark shares his first name with the midwestern Platte River, which he's been told means "wide and shallow." Despite that he was able to find a woman to marry and produce seven offspring with.

Platte graduated Cum Laude with a BS in Philosophy and an MS in English, and currently lives with his family in Utah.

Bad Unicorn (3 books)
  • Bad Unicorn (Bad Unicorn, #1)
  • Good Ogre (Bad Unicorn, #3)

News & Interviews