Start by marking “The Last Knight (Pendragon, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Knight (Pendragon, #1)

The Last Knight

(Pendragon #1)

Like any teenage girl, Cara Page dreams of the future, the difference is, every day those dreams come true.

Now she's dreaming of a boy, and a future that can't be real. Because if it is, then everything she thought was myth and legend is actually true, and there is an evil coming that will tear the country apart.

Lance Filwer is a boy with secrets of his own, and a past f
Published June 30th 2013 by Self-Published (first published June 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Knight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Knight

bibliophile (Romance Addict)

**I have received a copy of this book for free in exchange of an honest review.**

photo image_1.jpeg

Quick review:
Book:
The Last Knight.
Series: Pendragon.
Main Characters: Cara, and Lancelot. Let's not forget Arthur.
important Side Characters; Wyn, and Percy.
Genre: Fantasy romance. It also has Time travel, and a Psychological factor that made the plot a lot more interesting.
Recommend it? Yes!! Give this novel a chance because it's worth it
HEA? (view spoiler)
Wendy Higgins
I beta read this and I'm so happy Nicki is publishing it! Such a FUN time travel story!!!
Rae King
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review (All About YA)

I had such a great time reading this creative, adventurous retelling of King Arthur! The book opens up with the heroine, Cara, visiting her mom in a mental hospital. Cara seems quite depressed with the fact that her mom is ill. She also lives in fear that she will grow to be just like her mom because she experiences prophetic dreams and can't decide if she's crazy or not.

Cara meets a new boy at school named
Sharon
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I beta read this book and I loved it so much. It had the right amount of tension, adventure and romance.
Megan
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cara is a girl who everyone thinks is crazy. She sees the future in her dreams and tries to live a normal life day after day only to see things come to pass in real life from her slumber. One day, she literally runs into the new guy at school who only seems to be interested in her, after her classmates make it obvious to him that she's the outcast. She’s instantly attracted and can’t understand why he wants anything to do with her when he sits with her at lunch or walks her home. Her dad finally ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
For Carowyn "Cara" Page, her dreams have a habit of coming true for as long as she could remember. Cara just wants her mother to remember who she is for once but alas that's not meant to be. Cara helps a handsome stranger to avoid getting detention. Lance Filwer is a new student that has many secrets. Cara sees Lance for who he is and trusts him like no other person she knows. Cara agrees to see a therapist for having woken up screaming. The therapist unknowningly unblocks Cara's memories. Cara ...more
J.D. Brewer
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Last Knight was a fun, fast-paced read. It had a great blend of action, time-travel, fantasy, and romance with believable and lovable characters. I loved the modern day King Arthur spin, and what girl has never dreamed of a romance with Sir Lancelot? This is one of those pool-side reads perfect for the summer, and I totally recommend anyone looking for a modern day fantasy get-a-way to pick it up.

Perhaps my favorite part of Nicola S. Dorrington's story was her careful writing. Too often plo
Jennifer Showalter -  MAMA Bookasaurus
READ MY ENTIRE REVIEW AT http://mamabookasaurus.blogspot.com

I absolutely fell madly, deeply, irreversibly in love with this book. This was powerful, imaginative and outstanding. There were so many elements woven together perfectly. Run, do not walk, and get yourself a copy today. Now to go read this again….

Kathleen Varn
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young girls who love time travel and a little romance
Recommended to Kathleen by: Dottie Benjamin
Met Nicola and purchased her book at a book signing at Southern Cross. This is an easy young adult read. She braided a girl's desire to find her Knight in shining armor with time travel and acceptance of being an odd duck in the eyes of others.
Renita Schouten
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fast and exciting read with the right amount of mystery and adventure. I read it in a day! Loved the characters and the otherworldly setting. Overall, a definite page turner that makes you want to read the next one.
Kath
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this young adult version of King Arthur's impact on a modern day teen. Well written characters, with a fabulous creative tale to live in.
Valery
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story itself has a decently laid out plot with moderately interesting characters, but the whole thing is ruined by the excessive grammar mistakes.
What drew me in? The dea of an insane mother and the effect it had on her teenage daughter was a perfect hook. But then you bring in the love interest and it kind of felt forced. There are reasons for that, though, so it works. I liked it. I just can't give it more than three stars because the grammar was awful. Phrases like "He was stood" were eve
E.A.
( I received this book free from the Author In exchange for my honest review )

After reading a slew of books that made my head hurt, this was refreshing. I was captured from the first chapter, no the first sentence. This story drew me in and immersed me into a beautiful, freighting world of legends, knights, honor, and kings. Before I knew it, the tale was over; and I was left with a bitter-sweet ending that left me wanting more.

Cara, to be honest, I wasn’t keen on her in the beginning, mostly b
Brianna
Jun 13, 2013 rated it liked it

*I'd like to thank the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.*

As a reader always on the lookout for something different, I knew I had to try this story. With the mythology of King Arthur as the base of it's plot, it looked interesting and I wondered how the author wove it into her modern-day tale. What I got was a story about fate, love, and mythology all in one.

The main character Cara was a sympathetic one. When we first met her, she was
Poulami
Full reviews in Daydreaming Books

**I received a digital copy of this book from the author via Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.**

This book was seriously superb! I didn’t expect much before starting this book but it blew my mind. The author takes the Aurthurian tales and twists it into something else. I’m sooo glad I signed up for this one.

The story revolves around a girl named Cara. She dreams of something and that ends up as true, always and there’s always this voice in her head. She
Nectaria
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating 4.8 stars

I was given a free PDF copy by the author from the group All About YA in exchange for an honest review.

For as long as she can remember, everyone that 17 year old Cara Page has come across thinks that she's crazy. At night when she sleeps, her dreams tell her the future and then come true.

After running into a mysterious guy at the hospital, where her mother has been for the past few years, strange things start to happen. Everything she thought myth and legend becomes
Katherine
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
The Last Knight (Pendragon, #1) by Nicola S. Dorrington

DISCLAIMER: I was given a copy of this book by the author (via Goodreads/Shut Up and Read/Read It and Reap) in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

ADVISORY: Mild sexuality and violence.

SYNOPSIS / SPOILER ALERT:

Caronwyn (Cara) Page is a 17-year old girl living under some difficult circumstances. Her mother has been institutionalized for the past five years with a mental illness that is not responding to treatment. And Cara herself has bee
Jess
How It Made Me Feel:
I received this ePub for free from All About YA and the author, on Gooreads in exchange for an honest review.

Are you ready to take off on an adventure spanning the medieval times of King Arthur and the current times of Great Britain and Wales complete with supernatural creatures and wizards? This book is a great adaptation of a time told story. It's a new take on the King Arthur story complete with some of your favorite characters in a completely different light. I loved the
Tracy Wood
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ann
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance, Fantasy and YA fans
Recommended to Ann by: Nicola Dorrngton
Nothing in Cara Page's life is normal, not her dreams, not her mom and not how she is being treated in her school. She used to have friends, a boyfriend named Anderson but she tried to tell him once that she dreams of the future and when she warned him that she saw his sister died in her dreams and it all came true, he blamed her for what happened and outed her on campus as a freak. Everyone believed him.

She feels she is on the verge of really losing her mind especially with what is happening to
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Considering that I've had some different experiences with young adult books, although I really wanted to read this, I was also a bit hesitant, due to many falling into the same category.

First of all... there wasn't a love triangle involving Cara. Well, not exactly... but it was nice not to see a girl torn between two guys. Though I haven't read the synopsis for the sequel, so for all I know, there c
Karla
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have some mixed feelings about this. A few months back I got this one for free on Kindle and I started reading but I couldn't get into it- I dropped it 2 pages into the 2nd chapter.

Now fast forward a few months later, and I had nothing to read, all the other freebies were duds, and The Last Knight was free again on Kindle, so I decided to give it a second chance, I mean what's the worst that could happen? I could drop it again and keep on searching for other books, etc. And so I forced myself
Kate Wrath
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Last Knight was my personal favorite of Dorrington’s books. While I’ve really enjoyed following her vampire/werewolf series, this book just had a little something special. It had a feel that pulled me in, made me want to read more, and, yeah, when the book was done, I was kind of upset that the next one had not been released yet!
I love the way that this book draws from the Arthurian legends. There’s knights, swords, time travel, and King Arthur himself. I have to say I expected a certain thi
Jessa
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

** I received this eBook for free in exchange for an honest review. This did not influence my review at all. **

Are you ready to take off on an adventure spanning the medieval times of King Arthur and the current times of Great Britain and Wales complete with supernatural creatures and wizards? Than this fantastic adaptation of the time true story is for you. It's a brand new take on the story of King Arthur, complete with some of your favorite characters in a completely different light. I loved
Kristy Gillespie
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Imagine being a 17-year-old outcast because your ex-boyfriend told the entire school that your mother is in a mental institution, which she is, and that you're as crazy as she is, which you may be. Cara Page has prophetic dreams and those dreams become richer and more terrifying after she meets 18-year-old Lance Filwer. Lance convinces Cara to go along with him and his two brothers, Wyn and Percy, on a trip that will change everything. On t
Tim Jackson
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just finished Nicola Dorrington’s young adult adventure, The Last Knight, and wanted to pass on how much I enjoyed it.

In this fresh take on the Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot love triangle, modern-day Cara must prove she’s not crazy while staying alive long enough to defeat a supernatural Morgana Le Fay, who’s trying to turn the Otherworld loose on our world and destroy mankind.

The problem is, Cara’s an awkward 17-year-old who’s more concerned about the new boy in school. She also has to sort out w
Karen Siddall
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unbeknownst to her, Cara Page is a modern day descendent of the legendary King Arthur and Queen Guinevere. Her mother is in a mental facility and her father is barely coping with the situation especially when it looks like Cara is showing signs of the same affliction. Cara has been experiencing extremely vivid dreams – nightmares! – that seem to foretell future events. When she shares this with a boyfriend, she finds herself ostracized and labeled crazy! She’s starting to believe the rumors hers ...more
Kit Campbell
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is an interesting update on Arthurian mythology, and one I haven't seen before. There's a lot of good points to this book: it's an easy read, the main characters are interesting, and the story keeps interest throughout. I'm also very impressed with the usage of the Arthurian mythology. Sometimes it seems like modern updates of mythology can be very basic, especially when it comes to Arthurian, but that is not the case here
Ranu
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
I loved how this book took a different turn from your usual fairies/werewolves/vampires urban fantasy novel, heading into the ancient mythology of Medieval England.
Cara is a descendant of Arthur Pendragon, the original King Arthur. On her journey to defeat Morgana Le Fay, she fights bravely against the evil Wraiths.
The whole plot was action-packed, something I love in books. Every time I settled into thinking the story was heading for peaceful waters, WHAM! Something crazy happens.
To add to th
Jessica
Jun 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magic! Dreams! Adventure! Merlin! Arthur and his knights!

‘The Last Knight’ begins a bit slowly but picks up when Cara meets Lance, Wyn, and Percy. Her strange dreams always seem to come true, and with her mother in a mental institution, her father brings her to a therapist when she can no longer sleep through the night. I enjoyed the dialog, the teasing and flirting, between the main characters, as well as homage to Arthur/Merlin legends. I found it refreshing that a romance developed slowly, ra
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Veiled Shadows (The Age of Alandria, #2)
  • Heart's Journey
  • Refine (House of Oak, #4)
  • The Mackenzie Legacy (The Athena Effect #2)
  • Black Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy, #2)
  • Submerging (Swans Landing, #2)
  • Centaur Legacy (Touched, #2)
  • Fire (Elements of Power, #1)
  • Bewitching the Knight
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • The Knight of Redmond
  • Mortal Enchantment (Mortal Enchantment, #2)
  • The Roses of Feldstone
  • The Legend of the Firefish (Trophy Chase Trilogy, #1)
  • Major Lord David (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • Buttermilk Sky
  • Ambrosia Shore (The Water Keepers, #3)
  • Saving Marilee (Books of Dalthia #3)
Nicola S. Dorrington is the author of YA Contemporary Fantasy books The Pendragon Series, and the West Haven Series. Originally from England, Nicola currently lives in the Cayman Islands, where she procrastinates by staring at the ocean. A Lot.

Despite living in paradise she mostly writes books about a wet and mythical version of the country she left behind.

She fully expects to one day be a crazy o

Pendragon (2 books)
  • The Forever Queen (Pendragon, #2)