Start by marking “Words from a Wanderer” as Want to Read:
Words from a Wanderer

Read Book

Words from a Wanderer

Words From A Wanderer is a timeless and beautiful compilation of notes and poetry. This book was created with hopes of uplifting and encouraging readers in many ways. There is a journal in the back of the book for readers and fellow writers to indulge in to keep the "conversation" going. Author, Alexandra Elle, wrote this book to shed light on the fact that indeed not all ...more
Paperback, 1, 58 pages
Published May 19th 2013 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Words from a Wanderer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Words from a Wanderer

Nat
Sep 10, 2016 rated it liked it
description

Words From A Wanderer is a compilation of notes and poetry. This book was created with hopes of uplifting and encouraging readers in many ways.

“I started writing notes to myself because a little self-love can go a long way."

So from the description this sounded like an incredibly timely and beautiful book, but I ended up pretty disappointed. The writing isn't really poetic, rather quite simple. Also, a lot of the "notes to self" felt distant and not as personal as I was hoping.

But I managed to f
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-reads
A short little book full of notes for one's self and little poems. The writing was rather flat and simple, not poetic.

I know this book is supposed to be uplifting and empowering, but to me, it only felt like "been there, done that", nothing new that I haven't read before, thought about or even told myself.

It was an okay read nonetheless, nothing out of ordinary.
Estela
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mi-paborito
The best book I have ever read.

I am currently in pieces right now, broken, I must say.
A recent lover bid goodbye
And all was left are tears uncried.

This book uplifted my entire being. It brought me to tears, not the sad tears but an overwhelming gratefulness kind of tears. I found a friend. I found a very good friend in a book. It is a good kind of friendship. And I intend to go back to the pages over and over again.
Nadin Adel
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
A peaceful book about different thoughts of Alexandra Elle, a wanderer, just like you and me.

And here goes below the best quotes of the book:

"Dear Self,
If you keep going backwards with the same people that God has intentionally removed from your life, you will continue to stay stuck. There is no joy in being confused and unhappy. Get rid of old bad habits and leave them where they belong. What is meant for you will be yours, learn to let go. Dysfunction isn’t love.
Sincerely,
Self"

"Dear Self,
Assum
Kristina
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was just stunningly BEAUTIFUL!!!

Gorgeous writing style that speaks straight to the heart <3
Yessenia D'oleo
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How can I download it free through goodreads?
Faith Edwards
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This a great book to read a something positive each day very deep very uplifting its a must have and buy
dalal.xo
Jun 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Felt like I’m reading instagram quotes!!
Kimberly Pike
Ok

this was ok. not what I expected. Read the entire thing in under an hour. was hoping to get lost in it the way I like to do in my readings however I just kinda felt like I was reading someone's Facebook statues.
Lala
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
some good phrases and parts here and there but not very magical, as poetry can be
Katie
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
This is such a beautiful book. I just read it all at once, not able to wait once I found out it was free here on goodreads. It switches back and forth from poems to 'notes to self' which is really cute. So inspiring and some parts really make you think.
Keshondra
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love every bit of this book, I reflected on some of the things that has gone on in my life as I read through the notes. There's relatable content on almost every page. This book is very insightful, I will be keeping it close.
Lydia (ps_i_still_read_you)
Jul 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, poetry
Click the link to read my review: https://psistillreadyou.wordpress.com...
مريم جادالله
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dear self,
Read these notes every time you feel down, confused, unhappy and lost. Remember how beautiful and worthwhile you are then sleep tight.
Peace,
Self
Maseea Moosa
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Most of it I didn't like but there were a few extraordinarily beautiful stuff towards the ending.
Maťa
Tak toto bolo plné motivačných klišé. Ešte aj tých pár básničiek čo tam bolo ani nemalo nejakú formu.
A troška pekných myšlienok.
Nazila
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved #anote2self ones. Heartwarming and heartbreaking. 5 stars
But those parts for a lover weren’t for me.
Total 4.5
Alicia Day
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
I really loved the note to self parts ❤
Ignacia
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, in-english, poetry
Me sorprendió y me gustó bastante pero no creo que este formato sea el adecuado, quizá más como el estilo de un poema diario, pero ni siquiera son poemas, son más como frases inspiradoras.
Tessa
May 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
The notes where very repetitive (the essence of the notes and the words that where used i.e. 'worthy' and 'forgiveness'). It also felt like I was reading an old diary from when I was sixteen years old and we all know how cringeworthy that is...But nonetheless 2 stars for the self-love message!
Claudine
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dear Self,
Listen, learn, love and live. You owe yourself knowledge and peace.
Blessings, Self
silver_lining
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
a small book that's worth a read.
narration of the author really is awesome.
simple writing style wonderfully crafted.
have a millions of stuffs for reflection though it's only a 30 minutes read.
this book as a whole is some random thoughts, lovely poetries, sweet romantic self reflection , self love and lot more. And everything that's shuffled over the few pages haphazardly with the scattered tiny designs make this book pretty.
Tifanny Burks
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The vulnerability of this book taught me to love parts of myself I previously discarded.
Tracy Winu Landu
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it

I ended up reading this book because of all the quotes I saw on Tumblr from this book as well as the numerous positive reviews I've seen online.

I did like this book. There were multiple memorable quotes that stuck with me and that I related to.

I could relate to the authors journey - a sense of loving yourself and reassuring yourself... but because this book is a compilation of notes I felt that some of the messages were bitsy and incomplete. Perhaps if the author had grouped her notes and poems
Camilla
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, 2014
This was a lovely little book.

“I've been hurt so bad and I still love so hard. I admire my heart for that.”

“Love your neighbor. Even the ones who do not show you the same courtesy. You can’t expect to receive love if you’re selective and not really willing to give it. What you put into the world, you will indeed get back. Even if it’s not from the person you’re expecting it to be.”
soulremedies
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it
There were some memorable quotes indeed, but as I reached the ending I was left with an incomplete feeling. The self-love quotes and poems were surely the most successful aspect of this book. I absolutely adore Alex, but I suppose I expected more. There were many quotes/poems that seemed hurried and underdeveloped. Overall, 3.5 stars. It just needs more substance.
Al-anoud Al-Sarhan
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
It's what you need to read when you're down : beautiful words of encouragement and positive vibes .
laura (littlepiecesofbooks)
Worthy read. Loved every single thing said. This is something I will most definitely go back to when I need a little boost. Such great note to self.
Stephanie
May 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately, I found Words from a Wanderer to be more of a journal of positive notes-to-self rather than a collection of poetry. From the description of this book, I'd anticipated it to be encouraging, uplifting and poetic and for me, it fell short. I found the writing was very bland and too simple. I did manage to find a few gems in this collection:

"The heart is resilient and forgiving. It is the mind that causes us stress."

"Keep in mind that the reason you know you can be good to others is o
Noninuna
May 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
It's a collection of prose & poem but the more I read poetry, the more I could see the recurring theme of it. Nothing much different from what I've read before. However, there's quote I think each & every little girl need to be taught.
Love yourself first. Buy your own flowers. Tell yourself how beautiful you are.
Don't expect anyone to love you more than you do.

I liked it but the 'dear self' that continuously used were a bit irritating. I hope to read more of the author's writing.
  • Survival Songs
  • Unwritten Letters to You
  • B
  • Selected Poems
  • Howling at the Moon
  • Science: The Stars in Me Are the Stars in You.
Alexandra Elle is a writer and creative living in the Washington, DC metro area with her husband and daughter. In her pre-teen years, writing came into her life by way of therapy and the exploration of healing. Many years later, Alex's voice and words are being shared poetically in the form of self-love and self-care. Her passion for storytelling, poetry, and narrative writing are infused with lif ...more
“I've been hurt so bad and I still love so hard. I admire my heart for that.” 89 likes
“Love your neighbor, even the ones who do not show you the same courtesy. You can’t expect to receive love if you’re selective and not really willing to give it. What you put into the world, you will indeed get back, even if it’s not from the person you’re expecting it to be.” 84 likes