Start by marking “Circle of Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Circle of Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #2)

Circle of Jinn

(Becoming Jinn #2)

Being Jinn is Azra’s new reality. As she grants wishes under the watchful eye of the Afrit council, she remains torn between her two worlds—human and Jinn. Soon, secrets spill. Zars are broken. Humans become pawns. And rumors of an uprising become real as the Afrit’s reach extends beyond the underground world of Janna.

Straddling the line becomes impossible. Aware of her
Published May 17th 2016 by Feiwel and Friends

To ask other readers questions about Circle of Jinn, please sign up.
Anna B. There is an online book called "Genius of Jinn"…moreThere is an online book called "Genius of Jinn" (less)

Start your review of Circle of Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #2)
Morgan Ashley
Mar 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OH. MY. LORD. MY SHIPPPPP HAS SAILEDDDDDD

This book's ending has me squealing and crying and lost yet found and I SWEAR you better go pick up Lori's first book, Becoming Jinn, RIGHT NOW. THIS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!
Delaney
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Lori for letting me read Circle of Jinn, as an advanced reader. I got Circle of Jinn in the mail two days before Christmas, and it was like a Christmas present for me, a brand new book! As soon as the holiday rush was over, I settled down in front of a fire with this book. It was a perfect escape. This book continues Azra’s journey, making her problems in the first book seem very small and petty. She finds out much more about her family, her ...more
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
REVIEW TO COME
Adriyanna Zimmermann
I’m very conflicted over the rating of this book. Halfway through this was a 3.5-4 star rating for me and then when I reached the last 100 pages of the book, it became a 3. More on why in my review below.

CIRCLE OF JINN is the sequel to BECOMING JINN and while I enjoyed it overall and am glad I finished the series, I’m a bit disappointed. Becoming Jinn had such a solid plot and the character development was fantastic, particularly when it came to Azra, our protagonist. Even though this was
Rachel Wagner
Aug 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Azra has grown so much stronger and wiser in the book compared to the first book. One of my favorite scenes is when she is sitting with Raina on her death bed and she is able to take Raina's thoughts and transfer them to Yasmin. This was a true test of powers for Azra and also a defining moment of Yasmin's life. The plot was a little slow in the beginning but the ending made it all worth it. Henry's role in this book was a little confusing because we all thought that they were going to be ...more
Stacee
Apr 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I enjoyed this one more than the first one.

Azra has grown a lot. She's stronger with her powers and her openness to learning what's happening makes her less rigid and bratty. I liked how responsible she acted when it came to difficult decisions.

There is a lot happening in this book, but it's sort of a slow build up. There were a few surprises and an ending I really loved. Overall, this series has been an intriguing jinn story and I'm definitely looking forward to future works from Lori.
Radha TheLibrarian
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-fantasy
Interesting world that I think I was hoping for more of. It seemed to wrap up really quickly and tidily.
Jordan Ho
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Disclaimer: This review may contain spoilers. Proceed with caution.*

Let me just start off by saying, I absolutely loved Becoming Jinn. I was so excited to start Circle of Jinn because it seemed like the perfect continuation and conclusion of the first book. I wasn't disappointed. Astra's character develops throughout the book spectacularly, becoming more and more advanced and interesting to read. It was so fun to see her inner thoughts as she is torn between the human world and Jinn world,
Asma (bookishrebelle)
There were a few twists in this one which made it more entertaining than the first one. I sort of skim read through the dialogues because I just wanted to get to the end. It seemed like a huge buildup to a big climax in the story, but I thought that the final confrontation was very anticlimactic!
Meredith
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-releases
I finished this book over a month ago and I still haven't been able to review it. I really enjoyed it, so I'm not sure why except that I've been in a bit of a blogging slump this year. Better late than never though, right? Still, its been awhile since I read this, so I'm a little fuzzy on the book's details, but I remember enough to give you guys a general sense of the story. I'll also keep this short and sweet, so I don't ramble!

I truly enjoyed this book. I'm sad it's the conclusion, as I was
Blue
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
First, I would like to thank Goodreads and Fiewl and Friends for an advanced reader copy of this book. Thank you! ARC's are great!
Second, I would like to talk about the book.
I was not impressed with The Circle of Jinn.
After reading Becoming Jinn a week after it came out last year, I was left with emotional heartache I had not expected - the drama came a bit before the magic and I surprisingly enjoyed it. This time, I felt the drama was too heavy and the jinn aspect of the novel was placed in
Jessie
Mar 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got an ARC of this book through a Goodreads giveaway. This has not impacted my review of the book.

Circle of Jinn is the conclusion (I assume?) to Becoming Jinn. This book focuses on Azra's relationship with her Zar, her relationship with Nate and Henry, her and her Zar's relationship with a few new characters, and the situation in Janna with the Afrit. I loved the new characters and I enjoyed the plot. There were a few really fun plottwists. It did feel like there was a lot going on
Aylea
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Now that Azra is used to being a jinn, it's easier to balance granting wishes and living her human life. But when the brother she didn't know about shows up with rumors of an uprising that would finally bring her family together, Azra is faced with new difficult decisions. Her unique ability to perform magic without being bound to the Afrit's rules make her a powerful player if she can decide how to go about her role in this uprising. If she can succeed, she'll gain everything. But if they lose, ...more
Carpe Read 'Em
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Find this review (and many others!) at Carpe Read 'Em.

A 60 Second Review by Anne Brees
Publication Date: May 17th, 2016
(4.50)
Initial Thoughts – I received this book as an ARC and I dived in immediately. After reading (and loving) Becoming Jinn, I couldn’t wait to read this.
Plot – The plot was just little a slow in the beginning, but about a quarter of the way through, things really sped up. After that, I was sucked into the world of Jinn.
Characters – In this book, we were reintroduced to the
Linda
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
As exciting as it was to read the first installment of this series, since the author is a personal friend -- it was even more fun to jump into the sequel! Bravo, Lori! Engaging, moving, and character-driven, all traits that make a great story, and thanks for leaving your readers with just enough to wonder if there may be more of the Jinn story to come (and that's how I prefer stories to end, with some life left to keep it going).

After giving the reader just enough details to remember the
J.C.
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you read Becoming Jinn and thought "But...But...what happens?" then fear not. This book actually does deliver on the overarching promise of a conflict between the Afrit and the Jinn. Meanwhile, it's mixed Azara doing less mangling and more managing of relationships--including when to let them go. It's what I would term "sweet" and while there are a few references to sex, they're all very oblique and it's left to the reader in most ways to determine who did what with who.

The theme so central
Molly
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Huge thank you to the publisher for sending me a copy of this for review!

This is the perfect conclusion to the Jinn duology. If you were a fan of the first book then you'll enjoy this one! This story picks up where the first book left off, and you can see how Goldstein has grown as a writer. The writing is very clean and she has a very strong YA voice. I really enjoyed how much Azra and her Zar sister's have grown in this book too.

I actually ended up enjoying this book even more than the first
Mikaela Bender
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Circle of Jinn by Lori Goldstein, magic and genies meet America's east coast. Readers of the first book will be thrilled to revisit the characters that help make the series so wonderful. I loved that some of the lesser developed characters from Becoming Jinn step out into the spotlight in the sequel.

The love triangle or love square broke my heart, okay? Usually in novels the right guy can be pretty obvious. But Nate and Henry were just so lovable, and while I'll always be Team Nate, there
Patricia
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was very happy I won the ARC from a Goodreads' giveaway as I was having a hard time waiting for release day. I really liked Becoming Jinn, and I couldn't wait to read the rest of her story. Circle of Jinn lived up to my expectations. It kept me reading past my bedtime on more than one night, and brought me to tears on more than one scene. As I predicted, there was more plot in the sequel, but it also had the same heart wrenching tension that got me wrapped around Azra's wrist the first book ...more
Aly
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was good. How Males Jinns! We finally get to meet several in this book. We also get to meet more of Azra's family and much more exciting things happen. This books would make a great movie if the movie is done correctly. Wow! How long has it been since a genie has been on TV. I loved "I dream of Genie"! I would love to see this series brought to the big screen!! Can't wait for another book in this series!
Daisy Tan
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
When i read this book, it felt like i was part of it because we teens relate to her teenage situation as well as the transition in getting accepted into society for being her as well as learning to decide for herself.
I loved everything about the book: characters, story line, setting, backstory, climax, etc....
but
the
ending...
*spoiler alert*
That leather bracelet though...
Jeanmarie
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a whirlwind of soap opera drama and you will love every word of it. I mostly enjoyed seeing Azra come into her power and finally embrace her strength without fearing it. The Jinn/Afrit family connections (can't say much without spoiling!!) are so twisty and satisfying, too. I enjoyed this sequel even more than the first, which is really saying something.
Shelley
Aug 20, 2015 marked it as to-read
Expected publication: May 17th 2016 by Feiwel and Friends
Four
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway. This book was absolutely amazing. I hate to see it come to an end!! I definitely recommend this series to anyone.
Rachel Sheehan
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved this more than the first one. The end of the book was beautifully written and wrapped up very nicely. Overall, this series was an entertaining read.
Janina
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
very relatable everyone who is struggling with love and their identity should read
Bobbie Makin
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love want more of this story
Melonie
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 2nd book was just as good as the first. Loved it!
Great Ending!!!
Edie
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I knew it. I had a feeling who she would be with. I def knew. How come I'm not 100% happy?

JK! I am SUPER happy that I was RIGHT!

BTW just checked ratings one person chose one star??
Person
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly, this book was a bit of a mess. There was an addition of a particular character that I found to be too sloppy. It simply didn't make sense for this character to magically appear. Then there was the fact that a lot of the book felt like a bunch of tinier less meaningful stories that were drawn out too long and then concluded in the very much rushed ending. At times I was confused as to what was happening because the ending was so rushed. The ending didn't feel real, it didn't feel ...more

• Seeker (The Royal Trials, #2)
  • Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)
  • For the Love of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3.5)
  • The Alpha’s Pack (Kit Davenport, #6)
  • The Crow’s Murder (Kit Davenport, #5)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
  • Once (Eve, #2)
  • Heir (The Royal Trials, #3)
  • Insatiable (The Curse of Avalon #3)
  • Inevitable (The Curse of Avalon #2)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • The Viper's Nest (Kit Davenport, #4)
  • Crimes of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • Rise
Author of SOURCES SAY (Fall 2020, Penguin/Razorbill) SCREEN QUEENS (out now, Penguin/Razorbill) and available for purchase (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and IndieBound) about three teen girls who attend a startup incubator in Silicon Valley and learn what it means to compete in the male-dominated world of tech.

My Young Adult Contemporary Fantasy series Becoming Jinn and Circle of Jinn is a modern

Becoming Jinn (2 books)
  • Becoming Jinn (Becoming Jinn, #1)