Start by marking “Living Dead Girl (The Vampire Hunter, #1)” as Want to Read:
Living Dead Girl (The Vampire Hunter, #1)

Living Dead Girl (The Vampire Hunter #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  129 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
When Aurora Stone awakens to find she's been buried underground, she frantically claws her way to the surface. But the nightmare has only just begun; she was buried in her own grave and has been resurrected on the one year anniversary of her death.

Aurora immediately seeks the help of her best friend, Henry, who is no longer the awkward sixteen year old she remembers from a
Published April 30th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Living Dead Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Dead Girl

Deborah
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Great idea but very slow.

The synopsis for this book sounded really interesting plus the first 5 books in this series are free so I just had to give it a try.
The book opens with Aurora digging her way out of her own grave, she's no idea what happened but exactly one year after her death she's alive again. Knowing she can't go home and with nowhere else to turn she visits her best friend Henry and together they try to work out exactly what's going on, well I say that but actually Henry goes to sch
Abbie
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Living Dead Girl was a boring read, with an annoying main character.

Rory was really annoying, and quite immature.
At one point, she got kidnapped, and all she could think about was how hot the kidnapper was.
Then he told her his name, and she had the same reaction again.
When he was masked, she described his voice as really old, and was really shocked when she saw how old he actually was because he sounded like he was 25-30.
I really don't get why she was so shocked, and why she thought 25-30 was r
Luann K. Sanfilippo
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Living dead girl

Was so good, I read the whole book in one day. Can't wait to get the second one. Getting soon.
Marie Yule
Nov 02, 2017 rated it liked it
The blurb to this book sounded really promising and the cover intriguing, however I found that the story was really slow moving. Rory, although 16 was immature and only seemed to care about hot guys rather than the situation she was facing. I found it very hard to connect with her character.

Sadie Forsythe
Jan 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle-lendable
Run, run away as fast as you can. You want nothing to do with this book. It's horrible. The main character is a shallow, mindless, boy obsessed nitwit that is so uninteresting I barely managed to finish the book. If this had been the only problem I had with the book I probably would have shrugged it off as a weak YA, but it's not.

This book is flat...I mean FLAT. There is no emotional resonance or peak anywhere in it. Example: Aurora has just mysteriously risen from the grave. Does she freak out?
Kipi
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014, e-books
M (aka DarkBeauty73)
Jun 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I am usually not one for books about the undead unless they are vampires but this one caught my eye all the same. I read it in one sitting, which is a sure sign of a good book,turning the pages, wanting to know what was going to happen till the very end. The end came before I knew it and left me wanting more.

More review to come.......Lets rewind this review a bit, grr now I know why I don't do these often. The book is a quick read but a great read all the same. It is about a girl named Aurora S
pinK
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: para-vamp
I'm kind of surprised at how quickly I was able to get into this book and how much I enjoyed it. I got this book as a kindle freebie and often when I decide to read a freebie, I end up disappointed at how mediocre they are. This book was intriguing and unlike anything else I've read. I quickly found myself enrapt in the story and it's well developed cast of characters. The ending came as a surprise to me. Not because of any particular action, but because I hadn't realized that I had devoured the ...more
Kaitlyn
Oct 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book is pretty interesting. I like how they can't figure out why Aurora is back from the dead. Her friend, Henry, and Lucas, the vampire who was hired to send her back to her grave, are researching and trying their hardest to figure out what's going on.

Aurora fears she'll become a zombie or some sort of monster. She's a very sweet and determined girl.

I really wish this story would tell us what happened to Aurora, how she died. Henry knows, but he won't tell Aurora, which makes it that we don
Sara
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub, kindle
I really enjoyed this book!
I liked Aurora and felt connected to her.
But I can't really say the same about the male characters. They're still a mystery to me. And even though I got to kind of like Lucas a little in the end, I wasn't crazy about him.
Henry... I don't know if I like him. At the moment I'm not very fond of him. And I don't trust him very much. He has some secrets, it seems. And I can't wait to know everything.
Oh and Aurora's death is still a huge mystery. I'm hoping to find more
Erica
Sep 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, 2013-read-list, ya
I think this story has the potential to be awesome, but the authors writing is sub-par & Aurora is freaking annoying. "Oh, I mysteriously rose from the dead without memory of anything but OMG, Lucas is so sexy!" I understand she's only 16, but comments like "I've never seen him act this way before," had me saying to myself "Of course you haven't, because you've only known him for a week."

I'm going to read the second book for the storyline, because I really want to know what's going on, but
Brenda Seaberg
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay, so now I want to read the next one! And I don't have it yet! Argh! This was a fun read. Probably more a YA novel, although I didn't look, but I'm really enjoying the story. I know there are at least 4 more, so I have just got to get more money on my Amazon account! The story itself was just different enough to leave me intrigued. And I really enjoyed the author's writing style. I'm definitely going to be reading more by S.C. Reynolds!!
Margaret
Jul 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

In "Vintage Living Texts", teachers and students will find the essential guide to the works of Sebastian Faulks. It is unique in that it offers an in-depth interview with Sebastian Faulks, relating specifically to the texts under discussion. This guide will deal with Faulk's themes, genre and narrative technique, and a close reading of the texts will provide a rich source of ideas for intelligent and inventive ways of approaching the novels.

Ashley
Jul 06, 2013 rated it liked it
This isn't my favorite book of all time but for being free it wasn't all that bad. The girl in the book was kind of annoying to me and I didn't care for the fact that she was always worried about things that didn't seem like that big of a deal... (clothes, does he like me?) I mean you just came back from the grave I would have more things to worry about. However, that was my main meh about the book.
Sisiely
Feb 16, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: zombie
Ugh really? Seriously? This is the book that people reviewed about?
the characters all annoyed me, bunch of nincompoops really. Teenage anst and what what but I ony read to the end because it was such a short read.

Speaking of "the end" - that wasn't even a proper ending!
it was just pretty lame.
S
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Says the f word a few times. Not sure if that makes it R for language or PG-13 because it was used in a non-sexual way.
Not too bad. The story was interesting and I always like to see peoples takes on vampire, werewolf, zombie, lore.
Kyra Dunst
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an interesting book, but beware, it ends abruptly. Not quite a cliffhanger, but more like the story just stops, to be continued (I hope) in the next book. Overall, the story was good, if odd. This isn't your normal zombie tale. I would read more from this author.
Kayz
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute storyline

Cute storyline

Unique story with a quirky heroine who has an interesting personal issues to deal with. As if navigating high school wasn't difficult enough,she wakes up dead! The events that unfold are rather amusing.
 Bella Marie
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
This must be the most well written but boring book in the universe. Everything started just fine but ended up very predictable and very boring. Only half the book worths.
Wanda
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. It was very YA but the characters were great!!
Tia
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Soooo annoying, this book just danced around the same issues, it never really led us to anything or any conclusions. Drove me mad!
Jeana
Alexandra Johnson
Mar 27, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Behind the Facade
  • The Shadow (The Darkness Trilogy, #1)
  • The Elect (Allison's Story #1)
  • Strength (Aigis Trilogy, #1)
  • Love, Tink Collection (Love, Tink #1-6)
  • Charmed (The Charmed, #1)
  • Revenge of the Taken (Humble Walker, #1)
  • Broken Free (Broken, #4)
  • Until Death Do Us Part (Kismet Knight, #1.5)
  • Retribution: The Irin Chronicles #1: A DarkWorld Series
  • Hell's Bells
  • The Gift
  • Degeneration (Degeneration #1)
  • Tegan's Blood (The Ultimate Power, #1)
  • Deathless Discipline
  • Alpha Mine (The Alpha Council Chronicles, #1)
  • The Eclective: The Haunted Collection
  • The One You Feed (Shadow Tales #1)
By day I am a cubicle drone working as an IT tester, by night I am a writer trying to unwind from my day job! I love reading and writing (duh) and I'm also an avid jogger and bicyclist when the weather is nice. I'm married (no kids) and I just started a blog ('just' as in today). Check it out! http://www.gimmickandgunfire.blogspot...
More about S.C. Reynolds

The Vampire Hunter (5 books)
  • Stalking Dead (The Vampire Hunter, #2)
  • Immortal After All (The Vampire Hunter, #3)
  • Into The Void (The Vampire Hunter, #4)
  • Dark Descent (The Vampire Hunter, #5)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I told you, if you lower your expectations of mankind you’re much less likely to be disappointed.” 0 likes
“Great, I thought I had a good sense of direction. Maybe I was wrong about that for all those years, too?” 0 likes