Start by marking “Battle Scars (Blood of the Pride, #4)” as Want to Read:
Battle Scars (Blood of the Pride, #4)

Battle Scars

(Blood of the Pride #4)

P.I. Rebecca Desjardin is surprised when two seemingly unrelated missing teen cases land in her lap on the same day. Her cat shifter instincts tell her there’s more to the story, and when she uncovers a bitter feud between the two families, she suspects Romeo and Juliet runaways. She turns to her lover Brandon Hanover a man who knows the underground better than most.
Published October 28th 2013 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Battle Scars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle Scars

Start your review of Battle Scars (Blood of the Pride, #4)
Robyn
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great addition to the Blood of the Pride series. Like Family Pride, Battle Scars introduced more of Bran's past, and much of the story involved revisiting the street kids story that made his journalism career. I really enjoy that Reb and Bran's relationship has evolved as the books have progressed so that they're an effective team. And though they've settled into their lives together there's still a lot of personal baggage to conquer--they're not perfect and their relationship takes a lot of e ...more
Diane
Another "I liked it, w/reservations." Good ending, though.

I liked a number of things about this read, especially the way it turned out, and I can congratulate myself on predicting one event that Reb didn't have a clue was coming. However, Reb's doubts and fears that Bran would get involved with Angie were foolish. That's not a choice he would have made, even with the tangle of regrets he felt over what he'd been unable to do for the street kids before.

Red is a great new character, a
Mark Engels
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Modern day "Romeo & Juliet", werecat style

A blast from Bran's past sets Reb back on her heels when they enlist his old flame to crack their latest case, offering delightful juxtaposition to the Felis widower pawing at Reb back in "Claws Bared." Surprises abound in this "Romeo & Juliet" retelling, including the lengths to which two warring Felis clans will go to return their wayward children home.

We're treated to a view of Felis culture and clan politics from the i
Sbrunati
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
The ending of the saga, a good one which leaves you with the curiosity to know more.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that I did not realize Battle Scars was part of a series when I requested the book from Netgalley. As I was reading I though it was book 2 in the series. It was not until I was through and found the synopsis of books 1 – 3 that I realized it was book four. That explained why I was so lost during parts of the book. I strongly recommend reading the first three books first. It would even have helped if I had read the synopsis of the first three books before I started.
Nicole Luiken
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, sf-fantasy
Stayed up until midnight to finish this one. Fourth in an urban fantasy series about Toronto P.I. and outcast Felis shifter Rebecca and human investigative reporter Brandon. This time the plot had shades of Romeo and Juliet as well as an interesting look at teen runaways on Toronto streets. Very readable with some nice plot twists. I like how Rebecca and Brandon's relationship has developed across the series as well as Rebecca's uncomfortable push-pull relationship with Jess, a Felis leader.
Harlequin Books
Danteforce
May 10, 2014
Nicola
Jul 02, 2014
Sheryl Nantus is an award-winning romance writer published by Entangled, St. Martin's, and Harlequin's Carina Press.

When she's not writing about hunky heroes, she is sipping tea, playing board games and writing haiku.

A total fangirl at heart, she met her husband through an online fanfiction community and currently lives in Pennsylvania.

Blood of the Pride (4 books)
  • Blood of the Pride (Blood of the Pride, #1)
  • Claws Bared (Blood of the Pride, #2)
  • Family Pride (Blood of the Pride, #3)