Start by marking “In a Heartbeat (Rebel Walking, #1)” as Want to Read:
In a Heartbeat (Rebel Walking, #1)

In a Heartbeat

(Rebel Walking #1)

Eaven Bennett is a college student with a passion for photography. She has high hopes of completing college and starting a new life as she moves away from her hometown with her best friend, Ivy Adams. Her last boyfriend ruined any chance of her trusting ever again.

Published June 18th 2013 (first published June 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about In a Heartbeat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In a Heartbeat

Chu
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
In A Heartbeat is our first glimpse in Hilary Storm's Rebel Walking Series, and let me say - what a way to start it. Here we are introduced to the band and get to know better Talon and Eaven.

Meet TALON, the HOT DRUMMER

some_text

What makes a good girl drawn to a bad boy?

Perhaps its the tattoo painted on his skin? The hard abs? The piercing eyes that can melt you with a single stare? Or is it those powerful arms that can hit those drums right?

some_text

Talon is the drummer of the Rebel Walking, he got my attention f
Amy Davies
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***SPOILER ALERT***

I freaking loved this book, fantastic story through out, couldn't out it down!! I felt for Talon and loved the connection between Talon & Eaven. Loved the way Talon was with Avery, such a sweet guy. Hot & sweet!! Rockstar weakness...EPIC proposal btw lol.. Loved it.
Jenn
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a very quick and cute read for me. Some parts were predictable, but some parts just had me sitting at the edge of my seat wondering “where the hell did that come from?” The story ended too quickly for me, but it left me wanting more at the end.

Eaven is very closed, quiet, self-conscious and keeps herself protected. Her ex-boyfriend Brandon was very controlling and degrading towards her. She caught him cheating on her, causing her to put her walls up. Since that incident, she’s closed he
Kissandtellreviews
Jul 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing

In her debut novel, Hilary Storm delivers a powerful, breathtaking and heart pounding love story. From the very beginning, my attention was captured and held in the story of Talon and Eaven.

Hilary was able to create such dynamic character development that I felt like I personally witnessed the relationship between Talon and Eaven. Not only were the main characters well-written, but the supporting roles of Taron and Ivy made me want their story to be released ASAP!

If you have a weakness for tatt
EndlessReading
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So here we have a young adult Eaven Bennett who is leaving her home-town to go to college with her best friend, her sister from another mister Ivy Adams.

These two characters you can tell have an unbelievable strong connection. Its like they were meant to be related, but somehow missed the chance (in the blood side).

We know in the beginning that something happened to Eaven which threw her off of men in general.

She's young, naive, no self confidence whatsoever, she's been broken down and made to f
Christy
Oct 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
**ARC**
Eaven has been broken down mentally by her ex and is just ready to move on and start over in life, leaving her past behind. So she and her best friend Ivy move away to attend college close to Eaven's cousin Luke. Luke is in a band and has invited the girls out for one of their shows. Eaven has no idea she is about to meet her forever and Ivy will be meeting the male version of herself.
Talon has had his heart ripped out of his chest and has been living on fumes for the last 5 months. He
Shelby
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
** I received a free eCopy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review **

What a great story!

Eaven and Talon are both working their way back up from the bottom of really bad relationships when they meet each other. To both of their surprise, they have an instant connection.

Usually, I like a little more build up to a relationship. Instant love connections in books are rarely as believable or enjoyable as Hilary Storm has managed to make this one. Eaven and Talon are both great c
Jen
This was just an ok read for me..but I am interested enough to be curious what happens next?!!!
More review to come...
ReadingBetweenTheLines
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say. This book. HOLY HELL!!!! I am AMAZED. I instantly fell in love with Talon and Eaven!! I even love that trashed mouth twin of Talon's. This story had me gripped from the very beginning. The troubled past of Talon and the loss he felt so deeply to the unconditional love shown by Eaven was a true testament to this one of a kind, special bond these two have, from the very first meeting.

Eaven has been sheltered by her companionate parents, who took in her best friend, Ivy, when Ivy's
Melanie
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-i-loved
Ekkkkk. thanks in advance from Hilary for a ARC Copy for a honest review.
Book #1 of the series between their story of Eavon and Talon the hot drummer ( and did i mention a Twin = Yummy).
I couldn't put the book down once I started reading! It's so full on and I loved it! It's captivating, intense, wrong (in a good way), smart, hilarious and so romantic that they found the one after so much heartache xo The heartache of the previous relationship that Talon had experience was a lot to take in at su
Ashley
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! HOT drummer alert! Talon is not only a talented drummer but he is an honest to God gentleman. Eaven is a girl who is trying to get past her last relationship where she was put down and cheated on. Talon is trying to get past his last relationship where he lost a kid and had his heart shattered.

Can these two help each other through life and move on from their past? It sure seems like they can. Just like every relationship they had their ups and downs. They had misunderstandings but they al
T.A. McKay
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think I know why this book was called ‘In a heartbeat’....it was because thats how long it took for me to get into this book!! I will try to do it some justice and tell you about it.

Eaven:

'Eaven is freaking hot. I cant keep my eyes off her. She is feisty and nervous at the same time. I can tell she is out of her comfort zone. I watch as she leaves our table. I have a hard time taking my eyes away from the sway of her ass in those jeans. Her legs look like they go on forever. I notice her hai
Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic
This book has been like forever in my kindle for two reasons. 1) i have to read some ARC copies first.
2) i was a bit unsure if i'm gonna like the story since it was not really my favorite genre.
I decided to read it anyway. And here's my verdict...
I was correct. I didn't like the story. I freakin' love it! I was mentally cursing myself for not reading it sooner. Good thing I also got a copy of the 2nd book. (special thanks to a giveaway for these 2 awesome books.)
In a Heartbeat is a story about
Joecool Review
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hilary Storm has a wonderful way of weaving a story. This one had love, romance, characters deeper than the ocean, adventure, drama.....the list goes on. I really enjoy it when authors give you multiple character's POVs....when it's done right! This book was DEFINITELY done RIGHT!!

You can't help but feel the immediate connection between Eaven and Talon. The different POVs make Talon's initial silence intriguing, and like Eaven we can't help but want to know him.

Eaven is just as interesting.....s
Eye Candy Bookstore
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a fabulous book from page one. I absolutely fell immediately in love with the intensity of the passion between Talon and Eavan and was hooked right away.

This is not your typical love story but the way that Eavan was able to look directly into the soul of Talon and see him without having to say a word? I loved it!

Rock stars, tattoos, bad boys and lots of drama and hotness- this book was right up my alley and I think you will love it just as much as I did. As for Talon's twin brother, Tar
Joy Whiteside
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book that grabbed me and would not let go.

It moved along at a fantastic pace, had amazing characters that you fall in love with and want to see them overcome anything that gets in their way, no matter what it is, and an amazing story that grabs you from the moment you start reading until you are finished the very last word.

Hilary has written an amazing book, that I would have no problem recommending to friends and family and to anyone else who wants a great read.
Dawn Smith
Nov 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

What do you get when a young college student/ aspiring photographer and a sexy drummer from an up and coming rock band meet? A whole lot of sexiness, sizzle, romance, and drama that will make your heart beat faster and your thighs clamp together. There are a ton of bad boy rocker books available right now. Some good. Some bad. In A Heartbeat falls into this category but it is freaking fantastic. I could not put it dow
Nanette Bradford
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about In a Heartbeat? Well, it's no secret I love bad boys. Every book I read I openly root for the bad boy to win The girl. Hell, I wish I was the girl and in this book I got two bad boys. Twins at that.. Oh And did I mention that these twins, Taron and Talon, are part of a band? Omg! I'm in heaven..

Talon is the hot drummer. He's sexy as hell but he's the more docile of the twins. Now Taron is um how should I put it nicely, a man Whore. Lol He's with any girl at any time any whe
Heather andrews
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Talon way to make Eaven feel like an idiot when she first talks to you, "why do you stare at me like that?" Pause. Nothing. "Well ok then, I guess, uh...it was nice to meet you. I will see you around." But he makes up for it by being playful, "we should probably get on the bus before everyone else. Otherwise, you might just have to sit on someone's lap." Talon is a little possessive of his girl, "you effing touch her and I will personally cut off your di**." He really loves his woman, "ok, ...more
Scandalous Book Blog
Jul 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
**ARC given in return for honest review**

I was so lost in this book literally 'In a heartbeat!'
Eaven and Talon have both experienced heartbreak, deceit, and a world of pain. When they first meet they have an instant connection.

"I know we were making people feel uncomfortable as we seemed to have this connection with our eyes that wouldn't quit." ~ Talon

Eaven understood Talon better than anyone else had. She saw beyond the facade he wore for the world, she truly saw him all of him good bad and ug
Valerie
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
Oh my goodness!! I have to admit... I was snickering through this book... The main characters are Eaven, and Talon, but hahah I totally LOVED Ivy and Taron!!

Ivy is a sassy quick witted chick that takes no smack from anyone..haha oh my, and Taron he dishes it out faster than any guy thinking his crap doesn't stink and can get anyone.. hahah except Ivy..love it!

Eaven is your more calmer type.. more shy.. and Ivy is trying to break her from that.. and her first time meeting up with her Cousins frie
Stephanie Easterly
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad that I have the second book already purchased. I loved the tangled web and well as the love story. Oh who am I kidding the best part is the Walker brothers!!! Oh heck yes - Rock band with Taron as the lead singer and Talon as the drummer that takes off his shirt before beating on the drums!! And then there is Holden. I am hoping the third book is about Holden, the second being about Taron!!! Very Very Good read!!
Trish Buddner
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A MUST READ! Debut book from Hilary Storm. I cannot come up with enough adjectives to explain how awesome this book-story-writing is. What a gift we have with this new Author! The story flows fast, nothing wishy-washy with Hilary's writing style. The story is beautiful with just the right amount of suspense. A MUST READ and hopefully, more to come from Hilary Storm. She definitely paved the way for many more great reads for all characters the were created in "In A Heartbeat".
Crazies R Us Book Blog
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it

Talon Walker is the dark and intriguing drummer for the up and coming band ‘Rebel Walking’. A tragedy in his past has left him empty with no desire for a relationship. That is until he meets Eaven.

One minute your heart is filled with
Kelly Anne  O'Connor
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Eaven and and her best friend Ivy are moving from their home town to college ,and they are going to have fun!
Eaven has recently had her heartbroken by her cheating boyfriend,she lacks confidence but is determined to change that.

On their first night Eaven meets the mysterious drummer for the band Walking Rebel Talon, he is dark troubled and hiding a huge secret.

We join them on a journey that finds them letting go of their pasts and finding a future they didn't believe was possible.

I really like t
MB
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
It's refreshing to find a rock'n'roll story that steps out of the box and tells a different kind of story. Oh it still has sexy bad a*@ rockers but it went deeper than that.

Eaven "like heaven but without the H" is a self conscious girl with a heart of gold whose ex cheated on her and made her feel about as big as a spec of dusk with his condescending comments.

Talon is the sexy drummer from "Walking Rebel" who has been through a heartbreaking experience with his ex. During his first encounter w
Jamie
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
In a Heartbeat is the first book in the Rebel Walking series by Hilary Storm. It is the story of Eaven Bennett and Talon Walker. Eaven - like Heaven without the H - is a college student who is lucky enough to be at school with her best friend Ivy. Talon is a member of the band Rebel Walking who is still trying to deal with the tragedy of his last relationship. Talon is not the only one who bears scars, and Eaven must learn to let herself explore life outside of her comfort zone. Will they open t ...more
Jessica Adams
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love when I can curl up with a book and feel every emotion while reading it. Hilary Storm's In a Heartbeat did just that. From the minute I picked this book up I couldn't put it down. Instantly fell in love Talon and Eaven. And we all know I love the crazy best friends so Taron and Ivy had me laughing.
Eaven went through a bad breakup and has built walls up to protect her heart. When she thinks no one will be able to break them she meets her cousin's band mate, Talon. Talon has been living in
Denita Kee
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler alert!!!! Eaven and Talon are so perfect together. He has been is a depressed dark state since his ex overdosed and killed their baby. She hurt him deeply. Then along comes Eaven. The gorgeous cousin of his band mate Luke. He is instantly drawn to her and her to him. She is still recovering from a bad breakup. She was cheated on and continually put down. Talon makes her feel beautiful. He is always telling her hoe beautiful and sexy she is. They fall in love as their band is getting more ...more
Valerie Laviena
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I feel in love with eaven and talons love at first sight connection and I love their story,everyone has a past and talon and eaven seem to be working it out together and they have a lot of support to help them get through it,this story will have you wanting more of there story I highly recommend this to anyone
In a Heartbeat Walking Rebel Group 1 35 Jun 24, 2013 11:06AM

• Love Exactly
  • Everybody Falls (Wynter's Vicious, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Thrilling Heaven (Room 103, #2)
  • Bad For Me (My Forbidden Rockstar, #1)
  • Trials (Rock Bottom, #2)
  • Hard Body Rock (Body Rock, #1)
  • Out From Under (The Lovers Duet, #1)
  • Lifeless (Lifeless, #1)
  • Trust Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance, #1)
  • Travis (Buffalo Rocker Series, #1)
  • Save (Save Me, #1)
  • Rock'n Tapestries (Rock'n Tapestries, #1)
  • Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)
  • Come Undone (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • First Chance (Rock Romance #1)
  • Sizzle (Bad Boy Rockers, #1)
Hilary Storm lives with her high school sweetheart and three children in Oklahoma. She drives her husband crazy talking about book characters everyday like they are real people. She graduated from Southwestern Oklahoma State University with an MBA in Accounting. Her passions include being a mom, writing, reading, photography, music, mocha coffee, and spending time with friends and family. She is t ...more

Rebel Walking (8 books)
  • Heaven Sent (Rebel Walking, #2)
  • Banded Together (Rebel Walking, #2.5)
  • No Strings Attached (Rebel Walking, #3)
  • Hold Me Closer (Rebel Walking, #4)
  • Fighting the Odds (Rebel Walking, #5)
  • Never Say Goodbye (Rebel Walking, #6)
  • Whiskey Dreams (Rebel Walking, #7)
“Here is to the men we've had. Some were good, some were bad. Some will run, some will follow. But it is up to us if we spit or swallow” 11 likes
“Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe.  May these shots reveal the Hoe.”  Taron immediately clanks the glasses and tips the tequila into his mouth.” 4 likes