Start by marking “A Little Bit Country - Book One” as Want to Read:
A Little Bit Country - Book One

A Little Bit Country - Book One

Not every country song ends in heartbreak.

Sometimes, you hear a song on the radio and can’t help but wonder what was happening before it started...or after it ends. Here are a few stories that fill in the blanks.

About the Novellas

Come a Little Closer
Trenton and Rachael were high school sweethearts and first loves. Life sometimes gets in the way but Jack has no intenti
Published May 29th 2013 by Always the Good Girl LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Little Bit Country - Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Bit Country - Book One

Start your review of A Little Bit Country - Book One
Mel Bedford
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This collection of short stories was so wonderful! I laughed, I cried, and I had to fan myself! No one writes like Shayne! She is phenomenal and the with the stories in her head she has to be the coolest woman on the planet!! I'm never disappointed with her books! Her heroines are always so strong and are an inspiration for all women. I loved this entire collection, but my top faves were "Who's Your Daddy" "All We'd Ever Need" and "Let It Rain"
Nicoletta Campanelli
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This first collection of short stories was absolutely wonderful. I really like the idea of how they are based on country music. I'm not really a big fan of country music but I really got into these stories and the good ole' country boys that were in them. The stories had me laughing and crying and of course I've always been (and always will be) a sucker for a happy ending. I really enjoy Shayne's writing and am looking forward to the other collections of short stories to come.
Karen
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is collection of stories and they are all just wonderful stories. You will fall in love with each and every one in this collection. I can't even say that I had a favorite out of the stories. Although every story left me wanting more they all had great ending. I just hate when I get to the end of any of Shayne's stories.
Colleen
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm a city girl through and through but if I thought I could the kind of experiences in the stories I might have seriously considered giving the country a real shot in my single days! Fantastic stories, I'm dying to read more!
Cheryl (Gwyneiira's Book Blog)
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
description

I bought A Little Bit Country right after I started reading Quickies. As you guys know, Quickies is a compilation of excerpts and short stories from published and upcoming novels by Shayne McClendon. Let me tell you, when I read the excerpt of "All We'd Ever Need", I just had to get the book. I was tearing up from the very first page of the excerpt!

Shayne, you're just going to make me buy every single one of your book aren't you? I've been declaring my love for Shayne's writing since I first d
Michelle Macpherson
Robin Powers
Jenny
Jun 15, 2013
Shayne McClendon
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Beth Johns
Heather Purcell
Tami czenkus
Sharon
May 10, 2019
If you’re looking for stories that tug at your heart, make you laugh out loud, and sometimes make you cry so hard you need a giant box of tissues…look no further than books by Shayne McClendon.

She’s a prolific author (more than 8 million words and counting) known for dramatic, steamy, enthralling fiction that will grab you and not let go until the last page.

A nomad at heart, Shayne currently lives

News & Interviews

“Don't bother apologizing because we both know it would have gone on if you'd never gotten caught. It isn't shame, it's fear that motivates your tears right now.” 2 likes
“I'll never forgive you for throwing our life away for a piece of cheap ass.” 1 likes