Start by marking “Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unafraid (Beachwood Bay, #2)

Unafraid

(Beachwood Bay #2)

"The first time I saw her, I knew this girl was wilder than any stallion I’d ever trained. She was headstrong, wounded, passionate and free. And I had to have her…"

Brittany Ray doesn’t care about her bad reputation. Growing up in a sleepy beach town with a junkie mom and a runaway dad, Brit’s learned the hard way that the people you love will only let you down. It’s no use
251 pages
Published August 27th 2013 by Melody Grace Books (first published August 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unafraid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unafraid

Melody Grace
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
description

description
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
***5 STARS for this sizzling summer beach read!!!!!***

“This is what I was scared about, all those years I kept my heart so protected – kept the world at arm’s length with my sharp barbs and carefree comebacks. Because now I’ve opened myself up to him, and I know what it feels like to truly connect to another soul, I’m even more terrified that something might happen to tear it all away.”

I absolutely adored Unbroken, but I LOVE Unafraid!!! This book will take you on one heck of a rollercoaster; I
Lauren Blakely
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've been lucky enough to snag a few sneak peeks, and this book is sizzling hot and super emotional! The perfect combo!
Jess
4.5 Stars
I didn't think it was possible but I loved Brit and Hunter much more than Jules and Emerson! I swear my heart was having palpitations during this book!

“I’m not that girl, you see: the one who gets dates and flowers and sweet whispered goodnights. I’m the one they screw up against the back wall of a club in a neon-lit alley; who they text at 2:00 a.m. when they’re bored and need something to pass the time.” – Brit

AND THE SEX SCENE’S, OMG!!!!

"You're going to feel me for days," he whisper
WOW!!!! That's what I have to say when it comes to this book. I thoroughly enjoyed Unbroken ( book 1 ) but I LOVED Unafraid. There was just something about this book that just sucked me in right from the start. I will admit that I thought the beginning was a little slow, but once I hit like ch. 4 the story took off and didn't let go until you read The End. My heart actually broke a little when I read those words, because I didn't want this story to end. This book was written so well that it was ...more
Bethany
Shelves: favorites
I was so lucky to win an early copy of Unafraid and I'm so happy I did. This book was so good, I absolutely loved it!! When I heard Brittany, Emerson’s little sister was getting her own story, I was so excited. I knew she definitely had a story to tell after reading Unbroken. Brittany and Hunter share one night together that forever changes them but that night is all they have until their paths cross three years later. They might be from two completely different walks of life but they fit togeth ...more
Emily Snow
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adored Unbroken, but Unafraid? LOVED, absolutely LOVED. The romance between Brit and Hunter was sexy, sweet, and swoon-worthy. Hunter has earned a permanent place on my book boyfriend list. I can't wait to see what Melody Grace has in store for us next!
Krista
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
I don't even care about the insta-love. Hunter was... *sigh... And, Brit was all... RAWR... and... Yeah. I liked Unafraid. A lot.

Brittany has been hurt again and again by the people she loves. She's the town slut. Despite her talent at fashion design, no one will give her a break. So, when Hunter Covington, golden boy of Beachwood Bay, shows up and starts wooing her, she doesn't fall easily, despite his good looks and charming disposition. It's impossible to resist forever, though, but Brit isn
Nat  ☽
May 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Well...don't take me wrong. The writing was brilliant and I had to laugh and roll my eyes more than once in sympathy of one of the characters. BUT the ending is just...it is just too much, I am sorry... You have to see for yourself I don't want to give anything away....
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
I was definitely a fan of Melody Grace after reading Unbroken but now that I've read Unafraid, I am a fan club member for life. I absolutely love her writing and the characters she creates. The men are definitely swoon-worthy and the plot flows eloquently. Unafraid had everything that makes a great contemporary romance for me; likable female lead, sexy male counterpart, emotion inducing plot and steamy love scenes.

Brittany is briefly in Unbroken and she is Emerson’s younger sister so we know a l
SmutBookLover KateRiley
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Melody Grace can now be termed as the beach read author of the summer, to me at least. Although in my part of the states the only beach around me is a dirty one near the city lake. Anyway, Ms. Grace transports us back to the magical North Carolina beach town Beachwood Bay. Her previous two books were about the romance between Juliet & Emerson. Now that they have somewhat had their happy ending, Ms. Grace introduces us to Emerson's wild child, younger sister, Brit.

Brit is used to being on he
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Shelves: arc, blog-tours, favorites
"That's life. That's love. You have to figure out what you want and then fight like hell. Because it's never easy, not when your heart's on the line."

I had been desperate to read this book after I read Unbroken and fell in love with Melody Grace's writing! I then read Untouched and that was just as amazing! If it's possible, Unafraid was even better! It was a touching, beautiful story about two people trying to escape their lives and finding love along the way! The plot was written beautifully!
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
Summer has been long gone here in Manila but Melody Grace’s books still never fail to make me feel all summery even when the storm was hitting our city. We’re now back to the magical (Yeah, well it seems magical now for me. Couldn't be much more different from Disneyland) Beachwood Bay, North Carolina – where the summer is awesome, people fell in and out of love and for some magical/unknown reasons they reunite and fall madly in love again.

The boy who will inherit the world and the girl with n
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “Meet me in outer space…” Kisses

*Sigh* That’s about all I can do right now. I am in love with this series…in love with these characters…and possibly planning my move to Beachwood Bay. I cannot explain the hypnotic hold this series has over me, but I’m 100% A-Okay with it. It’s that just right blend of relatable heroine, with a drool worthy book boyfriend, the perfect amount of angst and grit and to top is off a good amount of steamy sexiness. What mor
Maree Repa
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Back in Town

I was absolutely thrilled now to receive the second book of the amazing series, Beachwood Bay. Written by the amazing writer, Melody Grace. With this wonderful story of Brittany Ray's saddest story growing up. With only her brother, Emerson to stay by her side. And now to Hunter Covington now, so wealthy he is really is!!I was just so excited to read and enjoy this book just so much!!

Hunter Covington's family had the largest range of horse's at their home in Beachwood Bay. It was alw
Jessica
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-adult, reviewed
I adored this book. Hands down, ADORED it! I loved Untouched by Melody and while I have not had the chance to read Unbroken as of yet it is very high on my TBR! I love Melody's writing style and her ability to create such in depth characters. Both Hunter and Brit were fantastic MC's and I loved getting both of their POV's!

Brit completely broke my heart. Seriously. My heart ached so badly for her and I just wanted to see her happy. Brit has not had an easy life, by any means. All her life all she
Hetty
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was completely hooked on this novel from the very first page. The prologue was magnificent. Pure genius! It begins in Hunter’s point of view and the emotion behind his words had me deeply invested in this story immediately. I had to know what happened to this beautifully broken man. Hunter’s desperation brought tears to my eyes.

“Just one night, that’s all I had with him, but somehow, it’s meant more to me than anything else in my life since.”

Unafraid is an emotional journey involving second c
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
Sad, happy, HOT, steamy, funny….those are only a few words that come to mind after I finished Unafraid. Oh, and I may need to mention HOT again ;) I sometimes get nervous when reading the second book in a series, especially a series that I LOVE. I am always worried that it will not live up to the first one. But, Unafraid did not disappoint!! In fact, I am on the fence as to which I loved more, and I think it might be Unafraid. I really liked Brit in Unbroken and I needed her to find her happy pl ...more
Jennifer Wolfel
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited when we got the request to read this book. I absolutely love Melody's first 2 books so I was eager to read this one and it DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!!!!!!

First things first this book contains the BEST FIRST DATE EVER!!!!! I totally adored the lengths that Hunter was willing to go to for Brit.

After spending one unexpected passionate night together neither of them could ever find that spark in another person that they were looking for. Brit chasing some demons of her past and the stig
Vi (like the letter)
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, yes! I was addicted to this from the very first page. Melody sure knows how to write a sweet and sexy romance that has you glued to the pages and begging for more. I also loved that Melody went a little further in the intimate department in this book as opposed to her first book, Unbroken. I think I even loved this more than the first book. Hunter is irresistible and their chemistry was so sizzlingly hot, I’m surprised the pages didn’t ignite.

Brit wasn’t a bad character. She’s had a hard lif
Annie
This book was received from Inkslinger PR in exchange for an honest review.

Unafraid was another new adult win for me! It is a really refreshing storyline and I read it in one sitting. I dare ya not to like this one.

Brittany is such a strong girl. She was dealt a shit hand in life, her dad leaving their family and her mom loved booze more than Brittany. She has dreams, dreams she wants more than anything to accomplish She’s extremely pessimistic and I really can’t blame her because of her upbring
Nerd Alert
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brittany Ray and Hunter Covington shared one very special perfect night together. Two completely different people from two completely different worlds, together until morning until morning comes, when Brit walks away.
"...You just showed up here like some Prince Charming, trying to sweep me off my feet. But I don't believe in fairytales, or handsome princes, or happily ever afters. Those things aren't real..."
Three years later Brit is struggling with the way her life is going. Trying so despera
Allison Rivera
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
More reviews at: Book Fixation

*I received a copy of this book for review and blog tour purposes.*

Wow. Just wow! Ever since I read Unbroken and Untouched I have been in love with Melody Grace's writing. Therefore I was super excited when I found out there was going to be another book and that said book was going to be about Brit! We don't see much of her in the first book and novella but I knew that she was going to be a really interesting character and to see her falling in love was going to be
Love, Holly Xx
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
honest review********

Melody Grace does it again! Another fantastic, steamy book that I didn't want to put down. I'm a big fan of the Beachwood Bay series and I think that Unafraid is my favourite yet. With feisty Brit and dominating Hunter, Unafraid is a book not to be missed.

When Hunter Covington walks back into Brittany Ray's life three years after they spent one unforgettable night together, it's impossible for her not to fall into his arms again. Though she tries to fight it, the connection
Kelli
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book. I’m going to go ahead and say it……no I’m not, Okay, I will…..I loved it even more than Unbroken and I loved Unbroken. You can find that review by clicking here.

From the moment Brit was introduced in Unbroken, I knew there was a story to tell there and Melody Grace told that story beautifully.

Brit and Hunter meet in her hometown while his family is vacationing there and spend a night together that both of them have had a hard time forgett
Paula  Phillips
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
ave you ever had or experienced one of those loves , where you spend such an amazing time together and then due to circumstances are forced apart and yo
u each go your separate ways , only to still feel and yearn for that one person ?
In Unafraid, we meet two people Hunter Covington whom used to spend his summers in Beachwood Bay has now returned to live on his inherited ranch. Hunter never much liked the whole "rich" business world and following in his father's footsteps, he would rather spend a
Donna ~
Shelves: must-read
I was eagerly awaiting the release of UNAFRAID and Melody Grace did not disappoint. Just to clarify so no one is disappointed, Emerson Ray only makes a small appearance in the book. However that being said HOLY HELL hello Hunter Covington!

This story was the story of Brittany Ray. The girl who has been left behind so many times that she doesn't feel worthy of anyone's love. But 3 years ago she was the one who walked away from him and he has haunted her everyday since .

Hunter is from a well to d
Cassie
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If it's meant to be, it will be.

One night together has changed both Britney and Hunter's life. Waking up and finding Brit gone, Hunter can't stop thinking and dreaming about her. After 3 years, Hunter is heading back to Beachwood Bay to take over his deceased grandfathers farm, back to where it all started. He wants her and will do anything to have her.

Brit is the town slut, the one that only gets the guys at night and is their dirty little secret. Growing up she got made fun of, talked about
Reading in Black & White
Aug 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“She wants me, but she doesn’t want to let me in. I can give her pleasure, but I can’t give her trust. No, that I’ve got to earn, day by day, until she’s ready to let me into her bed-and her heart.”

Hunter…Hunter…Hunter!!! I am not one that posts too much about “book boyfriends” but Hunter is one heck of a young man. On the outside, he seems to have it all but guilt is consuming his life and he has no one that he can trust to confide in. Enter Brit.

Brit has a drug addict for a mother and an absen
Bette Hansen
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic

This is the full story of Hunter and Brit and it's fantastic. Hunter returns to Beachwood Bay after 3 years a changed man but a man determined to find Brit and find out if what they started is as good as his memories say it could be. Nothing has changed though, he's still the rich guy and she just dreams. Will they make it this time or will his family ties be too much to overcome? I definitely recommend you read and find out.
  • Subject to Change (Picturing Perfect, #2)
  • Be My Downfall (Whitman University, #3)
  • Caught in a Jam (Love and Skate, #4)
  • I Love You, Always (I Love You, #3)
  • A Graceful Mess
  • Two Roads
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Before We Fall (Beautifully Broken, #3)
  • Finders Keepers (Lost & Found, #3)
  • Ruin (Summer in Winter, #1)
  • Out of Time (Out of Line, #2)
  • The Art of Love
  • Always Remember (Memories, #2)
  • Ending a Broken Journey (Journey, #1)
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • Wicked S.O.B. (Dark Desires, #2.5)
  • Off Course (Off, #4)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
NYT bestselling author, a SoCal transplant, and sexy romance junkie ;) New book HEARTBREAKER out March 28th! I never say no to ice-cream...

Beachwood Bay (8 books)
  • Unbroken (Beachwood Bay, #1)
  • Unconditional (Beachwood Bay, #3)
  • Uninhibited (Beachwood Bay, #4; The Callahans, #2)
  • Unstoppable (Beachwood Bay, #5; The Callahans, #3)
  • Unexpectedly Yours (Beachwood Bay, #6)
  • Unwritten (Beachwood Bay, #7)
  • Unforgettable (Beachwood Bay, #8)
“Some horses will never be tamed,” Grandpa used to tell me. “The only way you get through is to earn their respect. You’ve got to learn what they’re so scared about, because the wildest ones… Well, those are the ones that are the most scared of all.” 1 likes
“Brittany Ray doesn't care about her bad reputation. Growing up” 0 likes