Start by marking “Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain, #6)” as Want to Read:
Kaleidoscope (Colorado Mountain, #6)

Kaleidoscope

(Colorado Mountain #6)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  20,747 ratings  ·  1,562 reviews
When old friends become new lovers...anything can happen.

Sexy, gifted, and loyal, PI Jacob Decker is a tall, cool drink of perfection who had Emmanuelle Holmes at "hello." His relationship with Emme's best friend kept them apart for years, but things have changed. Now that a case has brought him to Gnaw Bone, Colorado, the road is wide open for Emme and Deck to explore s
Published February 4th 2014 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Kaleidoscope, please sign up.
Michaele I don't know if you still want an answer, but I'm pretty sure no. I think the Dane in this book is Dane McFarland and the Dane in the 'burg was Dane…moreI don't know if you still want an answer, but I'm pretty sure no. I think the Dane in this book is Dane McFarland and the Dane in the 'burg was Dane Gordan. I don't think the ages would line up either.

Cheers!
M(less)
Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireReaper's Legacy by Joanna WyldeThe King by J.R. WardUnbeloved by Madeline SheehanTwisted by Emma Chase
2014♥ cant wait!
964 books — 2,379 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanMaybe Someday by Colleen HooverCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe One by Kiera CassRaw by Belle Aurora
Best Books of 2014
3,425 books — 5,889 voters

More lists with this book...

·  20,747 ratings  ·  1,562 reviews

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

That's the moment you realize you read a KA book that you actually struggled to finish.

Now KA fans, you may want to avert your eyes

Because what's to follow is full on rant...

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST READ?!

Because that could not have been a KA book. It just couldn't be. It had nothing of what makes a KA book, NONE OF IT. The amazing OTT suspense and action? Won't find it here. The girl talk and witty/funny banter between all the girlfriends? Forgrant...
WHAT
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3 Not what they use to be Stars

photo well-that-s-nice-i-guess-3-o_zps9enbtqnh.gif

Okay I don't know what is going on in this series but the last two books I read have not been good for me! I don't really feel like writing a big ol' review on a book that was boring at points and just okay at others, so Short sweet and to the point...... I don't really know what it was but something was off about this book.
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Happy Release Day, Kristen Ashley!!

It's not often a book keeps me up all night because I'm so caught up in the story I just can't put it down, but Kaleidoscope has done that. I'm not lying when I say I was a weeeeeeeeeeeeee bit worried this would fall short of capturing my attention and my alphaman-love, but it surpassed my expectations in a big way. It's an awesome story, and I loved the re-visit with some of romance's greatest alpha heroes and their women. And true, this, Deck and Emme's happily ever after is hard fought,
Christy
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 beautiful stars!

photo 3b41ae4c-5c3b-4c3b-aaf7-f1a42609b483_zpsa6146a66.jpg

When I heard Jacob Decker was getting his own story I was all kinds of excited! Deck is a PI. He’s best friends with Chace (Breathe). He’s helping with a case in Gnaw Bone when he runs into a familiar voice. He doesn’t recognize her face from a distance, but he’d know that voice anywhere. Emme. His Emme. Emme was
Kristen
2 Stars

Believe it or not, it's taken me over a year to finish this book...A KRISTEN ASHLEY BOOK!!! No matter how hard I tried, I found myself repeatably setting it aside. I just couldn't get into the story. Oh well, you can't love them all.
Mo
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it

Two and a half weeks later …

That alone should have told me something, the fact that it took me nearly three weeks to finish a KA book. I have read the 2, 3, 4 even 5 star reviews. It pains me to give it only 3 and it is getting a 3 because I liked the Epilogue.

”Fuckin’ nuts, but now knowin’ the whole story, it isn’t that interesting.”

I am really trying to muster up some enthusiasm to write a review. You know me, if I love a book my updates are usually neverending. I think I posted one or two updates for this…..

Two and a half weeks later …

”Fuckin’ nuts, but now knowin’ the whole story, it isn’t that interesting.”

The whole time I was reading this a song was going through my head. By VILLAGERS, a young Irish band…. One of the lines is …
I waited for Something, and Something died
So I waited for Nothing, and Nothing arrived

I really felt like NOTHING HAPPENED in this book. Sure Deck was hot, we got to meet some of the guys again. Emme, I really have nothing to say about her..... sure she was beautiful and dressed nicely but, she was just "blah"!

Even the poor dog did nothing for me. I felt as miserable as he looked while reading this one.

Have I given up on KA? Not by a long shot but I hope her next one is a better read than this.

The “whispering” does it every time for me…. It drives me nuts!! There was another KA book that I DNF because of the fecking whispering…. The word was used 151 times in this book. Maybe not a lot for a book this length but too much for me.

He whispered.
She whispered.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3.5 Color, Beauty and KA Stars

"You think you lost beauty, but you didn’t.
Just turn the dial."

description

Deck once had beauty within his grasp but he let it fly away.
Emme doesn't realize that she has secluded herself in shadows.

They share a past and now they are determined to build a future. Will color prevail or shadows will keep them apart?

description

I will keep this one short and sweet, baway.
Stars
"You
Jen
2.5 Say it Aint So Stars

Sitting there, all that was Jacob, and all that being spectacular sitting across from me, holding my eyes, I finally understood that the reason I was angry at my friend was because, in throwing Jacob away, she took him away from me.

Emme and Jacob “Deck” Decker’s story picks up nine years after they last saw each other. Deck was dating Emme’s bff so the two were used to spending lots of quality time together. When Elspeth, aforementioned bff, dumped Deck due to wh/>Sitting
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 For Reunion, For Recognition, For Colorado KA Speak Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
As fan of KA books have learned a few things over the course of reading her books.

The characters who live in her world speak a special language… their way of speaking and the meaning of universal words are sometimes used not in the usual way.... so before I get into the book, here is a taste of what I am talking about….

First … shit gets sorted… they never get figured out or looked into and then finished… nope … they get sorted

People are shot of it… not
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
11/11/14 - Still 3.5 - 4 stars after a re read. I actually liked this a lot more re reading it right after I re read Breathe. Deck seemed much more a consistent character. I liked Deck a lot more on the re read. And while I liked Emme, it was a struggle at times to keep liking her. I still remain unconvinced Elsbeth was the bad guy in the past. Her best friend is allowed to call her boyfriend by his given name, something she is not allowed to do, they hole up in a corner at parties and talk for ...more
Duchess Nicole
I enjoyed the setup for this story, and as ever, the Colorado Mountains are a gorgeous backdrop for the series. In this book, a woman is building her dreams without really understanding what they are, and Kristen Ashley cooked up a new alpha to help her out.

SYNOPSIS:
Deck was first mentioned in Breathe, and he seemed like the most alpha of alphas to me back then. I have to say, at the beginning of this book, he was bossing around even the other bossy boys, so he did live up to my expectations/>
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW... That was the PERFECT. A BREATHLESS conclusion to and already perfect series. Deck and Emme were amazing, just like all the other characters. I LOVED the way they were with each other. IDK what to say... I'm buzzing a little right now and I need to pull myself together. The EPILOGUES in this series are just so freaking phenomenal. They leave you so warm and happy.... Ahhhhh!

I'm gonna start crossing fingers and chanting magic spells that we get more of this series. We still have Deke... He's not matched up yet...

SOOOOOO...

Haha
Geri Reads
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it
2.7 to 3 Conflicted Stars!

I was so excited to when I received my ARC from NetGalley. GCP has never approved me before and suddenly, they approved me for this. Of course, I'm gonna read it.

Anyhoo, I did enjoy this one because of Deck and the appearance of Tate, Ty, Max, Reece (I refuse to call him Ham), and Chace. They all made an appearance and it was raining alpha males! Hallelujah! Plus, Deck was really awesome.

That said, I wish I liked Emme better. She really sunk the whole bo
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
For detailed reviews, please visit

Kaleidoscope is the sixth installment in the Colorado Mountain Series. It is no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Kristen Ashley, her descriptive writing style, her supremely sexy Alpha-males, strong heroines and attention grabbing story lines. This author never ceases to deliver heartwarming yet highly s
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 05, 2013 marked it as to-read

NEW KRISTEN ASHLEY BOOK!!!!!

COLORADO MOUNTAIN #6 -- KALEIDOSCOPE

Release date is February 4th, 2014.

This is Deck and Emme's story! Deck was mentioned in Breathe in case you want to go back and get a refresher :)
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Emme and Deck used to be friends a long time ago, good friends, as good of friends as you can be with someone else's boyfriend that is. The friendship ended when Deck's girlfriend broke up with him and Emme decided she didn't want anything to do with her bff anymore. That was nine years ago but everything changed when they run into each other.

description

My first impression is that I liked how KA mixed things up a bit with this story. It wasn't the same ol' formula...granted, a lot is still the same, but she is
Sláinte Wanderlust
oh dear...

This is not the first KA book that i haven't enjoyed but this is the first one a have found dull. Out of the 33 KA books i have read this is the 3rd i have rated below a 4 star, that gives you some idea of how much i generally enjoy a KA book. Also I almost never take longer than a day (more like a few hours) to read a book but this book took me 3 whole days to read because it just did not interest me enough.
oh dear...

So what exactly did i not enjoy about this book?
* I am not a fan of second chances in general but a second chance where the only reason the man dig's her this time round is because she lost 20 pounds and does her hair differently.. i.e for completely vain reasons - well that just does not cool.
* Where the hell was the action/drama/interest? Who knows!
* Where the hell was the girl posse/friend interactions? A few chapters with them is not enough for me, I live for the secondary characters in KA books this book seriously lacked them for me.

I also did not really like Deck or Emme. I was constantly thinking that I would of punched Deck if I was Emme, there was at least 3 scenes where i really did not think Deck was in the right/made sense/should of be allowed to live. I also do not think ignoring someone else's feelings/ideas/thoughts/decisions makes you an Alpha in my opinion it just makes you a dick.
Emme.. jesus fuck, how many times can i say this to myself..

I tried so hard to like her but she just did not work for me. I found her past drama actually a melodrama that was dragged into the present to try to add some excitement to the book.

I was really disappointed that i didnt enjoy this book like i did the others i have read previously.

But this will not stop me from reading more KA books in the future.
Wendy
Not as awesome as all the others but still a nice read... 3,5 stars ;)
Karen
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS!!!!!!

[image error]  photo giphy-2.gif

I’m going to make this short and sweet… PURE untainted Kristen Ashley M.A.G.I.C!!!! Yes, I am quite aware that my opinions may be just a wee bit biased… I am a HUGE fan, so keep that in mind when considering my reviews!!!

[image error]4.5 STARS!!!!!!

[image error]
 photo giphy-2.gif

[image error]  photo 869bb874-05fc-4ba5-93c1-ed427d7db31e.jpg

Jacob Decker…his friends, and basically everyone he knows call him Deck. He is a freelance P.I. that specializes in under-the-table investigation, which means he usually works alone, and as a bit of a maverick. He is BFF with Chace Keaton, a well known Carnal Detective, and has been since he was in school.

And it is Chace, who has called him into this most recent investigation involving a local burglary ring in the area, which seems to have recruited a few high school students in their most recent stint of robberies. The local sheriffs from several nearby communities have so far come up dry with their suspects. So Deck is called in on the job.

On his arrival to Gnaw Bone, a neighboring town to his own, to meet with the local deputies on the case along with his friend Chace, Deck hears that voice… her voice. And she is calling out his name…

“Jacob Decker!”
Deck turned at hearing his name called in a voice he knew but hadn’t heard in years. A voice he liked.
A voice he missed.
A voice that made his blood run hot.

[image error]  photo de140820cc4cc184c8e03003760f2a23.jpg

It was her Emmanuelle Holmes… his Emme. He hadn’t seen her in 9 years. But this woman he was looking at… the one calling his name did not look like the Emme he remembered. This was someone he’d never seen… and she BLEW HIS MIND!!!! But unfortunately, she wasn’t alone. She was with her boyfriend… and also unfortunately… her boyfriend just so happened to be the guy he was investigating… fucking hell.

But it didn’t stop that smile… and that dimple that almost brought him to his knees…

[image error]  photo 2948f4c933335ce745b0474f0c0e12e4.jpg

Emmanuelle “Emme” Holmes was Deck’s ex-girlfriends best friend that he broke contact with shortly after he split with his girl… Elsbeth. A girl he was HUNG UP ON for 9 years! A girl that Emme also broke contact with for the same reason, because she let Deck go, and for all the wrong reasons. But Emme hadn’t seen Jacob Decker in 9 years… after she gave him that last parting gift… and the advice that she hoped he would take, but didn't.

[image error] Kaleidoscope photo 2013-01-21-145754.jpg

“You think you lost beauty, Jacob, but you didn’t…. Just turn the dial.”

But he didn’t get it back then… but he get’s it now. And this time he’s determined to take what is his and what was always meant to be his, but he was just too young and blind to see it.

I really LOVED this couple…They had all kinds of SHIT to work out between them, and personal demons to conquer. Emme had some sketchy things to deal with from her past… some traumatic events that left her scarred and alone. And Deck knew it. And he knew he’d have to get her through them before she’d let him get close.

And it was a STRUGGLE!!!! She was pushing him away right from the get go. YES, she wanted him, she’d always wanted him. But she would never let herself have him. She couldn’t get that close to anyone.

The thing I loved most about Jacob was his tenacious drive to solve problems. He NEVER gave up on his girl. He wasn’t going to let her shut him out. He wasn’t going to let her put up that veil again…

“…I also knew then and even more now that shit made you live remote, behind a veil, givin’ but holdin’ back. That shit starts to leak back in, I’m gonna put a stop to that too.”

And the thing I liked least about Jacob Decker… he NEVER SHUTS UP!!!!! I mean, HOLY FUCKING COW, that man can talk, and talk, and talk, and talk… I mean he’s really lucky he’s all kinds of HOT and all kinds of good in bed, otherwise, I would have hit him over the head with a fryin’ pan!!!! AND did I mention BOSSY… well, yep… there is that too!!!

[image error]  photo 4d1f4d8755eac2b5ffddae38d0b61b1c-1.jpg

“Any woman who was breathing noticed Jacob Decker. Hell, it was possible he could walk through a graveyard and his very presence would call up the dead females as zombies rabid to get just an undead glimpse of him, he was that noticeable of a male.”

But I LOVED Emme. Yes she second guessed herself, and pulled away from people close to her. But with Jacob’s help, she found her way back. She was all kinds of cute and sweet, and everything that is endearing. I liked her… a lot.

Now the only thing left to mention is that the book seemed to END like right out of the blue. I was still expecting the kidnapping to happen… and so serious altercation with the bad people, when I got…

[image error]  photo Epilogue.png

…what? that’s it? I guess so…

[image error]  photo cute-sad-baby.jpeg

Luckily… the epilogue was killer, as usual. So now I just have to wait for the next release.
And gladly!!!!!

4.5 COLORFUL STARS
Pam
3.5 Kristen Ashley stars
“You’re not just you anymore. Now you’re mine. That means you’re part of an us.”

When old friends become new lovers...anything can happen.

It's been nine years since Jacob has seen Emme, and she is far different than what he remembers her as. No longer the best friend of his ex, but now a bombshell of a girl that shines brighter than most. The day he lost Elsbeth is the same day he lost his friend, they were naturally close, some would say closer than they should be and it hurt them bothstars
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
"...the beauty he thought he lost by not doing what she wanted and losing her, that he didn't see it. He didn't see he had something even more beautiful right in from of him."

description

This is the 6th installment in the Colorado Mountain Series and although it’s not a favorite of mine – Tate and Ty were AMAZING, this was still a solid 4 star read for me.

Jacob Decker is Chace’s best friend and readers were introduced to him in Breathe, as he assisted with Faye’s rescue mission.

I have to say the kidnapping theme gets a bit old for m
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

I need my half stars Goodreads!!!

This was a solid read that I enjoyed. Not my favorite KA, but solid nonetheless.

Emme and Deck fell into each other pretty effortlessly and easily and I do love me a KA Alpha....but this one lacked the extra OOMPH that I've come to expect from my KA reads. It didn't quite get me to the butterflies and tingles that I usually expect. However, it did deliver in the feeling of comfort I get whenever I pick up a KA book.

Deck's take charge, possessive
Choko
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
*** 3.40 ***

Buddy read with my fellow KA addicts over at BB&B!!! Another book, another overbearing alpha male:):):)

The alpha males Kristen Ashley creates and I have a very passionate love-hate relationship! We don't always get along, we almost always have very different political views, but usually we have chemistry when it comes to sex. They are all super-fast with getting the girl, bossy and abrasive, and we should note that they never like it when another guy acts the same wa
AJ
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thank you Kristen Ashley, for yet ANOTHER Colorado Mountain Man for me to drool over! Jacob Decker, or ‘Deck’, is the best friend of Chace Keaton from Breathe. Oh God, give me a moment to hyperventilate at the mention of that man! Oh Chace… *dreamy sigh*. Ahem, ok I’m done, back to Deck, who is totally droolworthy in his own right...

Deck is a badass bounty hunter/investigator type of guy w
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Shelves: queen-ka
I feel like everyone is going to line up and do this to me...  photo asskick_zpsd3c7f864.jpg

But Reviewing is all about being honest with your opinion yeah?
Ok well mine was, that although I worship at the alter of Queen KA.
This book disappointed me.

It was missing the ZING that makes them Colorado Mountain Men.

Max INVENTED it.
Tate BATHED in it.
Ty ATE it for breakfast.
Chase MUNCHED on it.
Graham, kinda had it.
Decker just missed out... Well maybe he dipped his big toe in it at times.

I felt like I was reading a book that would of been bett
Michelle
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
ARC received on behalf of Forever (Grand Central Publishing) from NetGalley

Another 5 Stars for KA

For nine years, Jacob ‘Deck’ Decker has let the beauty escape him. But when he hears a familiar voice from his past, all the time he’s lost rushes into his thoughts and he isn’t about to let that kind of beauty slip through his fingers again.

Deck never thought he would see Emme again after he shut the door in her face all those years ago, but when he’s brought on to help an investigation in Gnaw Bone, he’s seeing things forNetGalley
Another
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3.5...almost a 4! I have to say I was really surprised that this was a tame as it was. I am so used to reading KA and following the pattern of increasing drama and darkness with her characters, but this one was pretty much drama free. Kaleidoscope was a fairly vanilla second chance love story with some of the normal KA craziness sprinkled in.

What is good...Jacob "Deck" Decker. Yippee...I love that he has his time in the sun. What a good guy in and out. He is strong, sexy and pure alp
Lindsay
4.5

I enjoyed this book.

I loved the previous connection between Jacob and Emme. It just added a depth to their relationship for me. And I loved that it took Jacob seeing her with someone else for him to realize that he’s always wanted her for himself. I love those type of books.

I have to talk about the character’s names for a moment. In past KA books, I’ve had issues with the names. Jacob’s name (either Jacob or Deck) worked for me. Both names made sense. I wasn’t as sold on Emme’s
Shawna
3 stars – Contemporary Romance

I enjoyed this more than Jagged, but it was still a bit of a KA disappointment. I liked Deck, but Emme was whiny, wishy-washy, and annoying.

I still love this author and look forward to reading her next book, The Will.
Debra
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-release
4.5 Stars!

• A Christmas to Remember (Lucky Harbor, #8.5; Chaos, #2.5; Last Chance, #6.5; Everson, Texas, #0.5; Tallgrass, #1.5)
  • A Reason to Live (Reason, #3)
  • Sweet Seduction Shadow (Sweet Seduction, #3)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • Until Trevor (Until, #2)
  • Staking His Claim (Line of Duty, #5)
  • Special Gifts
  • Smoke and Shadows (Guardians, #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Leave a Trail (Signal Bend, #7)
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Deep Down (The OGs, #1)
  • The Seduction of Samantha Kincade (Dangerous Men, #1)
  • Something to Talk About (Plum Orchard, #2)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Colorado Mountain (7 books)
  • The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)
  • Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)
  • Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3)
  • Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4)
  • Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5)
  • Bounty (Colorado Mountain, #7)
“Cause you piss me off. You make me laugh. You make me think. You’re absolutely fine with me bein’ nothin’ but me. You’re fuckin’ gorgeous. You’re a great lay. And you like my dog.” 15 likes
“This was a kaleidoscope of beauty, the dials spinning, ever changing, but never anything short of spectacular.” 12 likes