Start by marking “Zom-B Gladiator (Zom-B, #6)” as Want to Read:
Zom-B Gladiator (Zom-B, #6)

Zom-B Gladiator

(Zom-B #6)

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, B Smith has decided to live-- and to fight for good as long as possible. However, London is overridden with brain-eating undead and swarming with human mercenaries whose sense of right and wrong dissolved when society did. When they lay a trap, B is captured. And it'll take dozens of battles--and the fight of a lifetime-- to escape.

Filled with
Published January 7th 2014 by Little Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Zom-B Gladiator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zom-B Gladiator

Start your review of Zom-B Gladiator (Zom-B, #6)
Faseeh Ilahi
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
So I just finished Zom-B gladiator by Darren Shah which is the 6th book in the Zom-B series.

It is a zombie apocalyptic series.

Rating: 4.3/5

If you guys haven't read the first 5 books then stop reading this coz It might spoil those books for you.

The story starts where the 5th book ended, when Brian returned to country hall and was practising with master Zhang for the fight against Mr. Dowling.
There she learns how to fight and goes on missions to rescue any living people in London. But then all
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

Back to a mainly action based plot when B is kidnapped by a group of despicable rich people and forced to battle zombies for their entertainment.

Full Review
B is captured by a group of degenerate rich people and forced to fight zombies for their entertainment. I was happy to see the series return to more action and less introspection by B. Or maybe I just enjoy the mayhem of the zombie fights, so I don’t have to think as much!

I started listening to the audio book, which, again, was
Miranda Reads
This was almost too much for me. B Smith has to fight - gladiator style - to protect a group of human children from a sadistic pervert.

Audiobook Comments
The one thing I cannot fault this book on is the choice of narrator. Emma Gavin (once again) does an absolutely amazing job of reading this novel.

YouTube | Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat @miranda.reads

Happy Reading!
Kimberley doruyter
i think this is the best one yet.
Jamie
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.
I really didn't remember the guy who kidnaps her nor the ship reference from the past and that frustrated me early on. Guess it was not a memorable part of the series. But let me tell you who is going to be memorable. Dan-Dan. And in a very bad way. Sick, nasty, evil man. A true villain in the series. In some ways I think he might be worse than Mr Dowling. I love seeing B as she is forced to come to terms with her emotions and how important others are or are not in her life. I also
Sean McBride
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is absolutely the horrifying of the series, but not for the reasons that you might think.

This, the 6th book in the series, follows along with B Smith in the continuation of the adventures described in previous books (I know this is an oddly worded sentence, but it is written that way to avoid spoilers). The entire cast of characters comes back (with the noted absence of what I assume is the big bad, though there is some question as to whether he is or not), and the book ends on a very
Addee
I saw this book on the shelf at the library and grabbed it purely based on the title alone. I love zombies, I love gladiators, so a combination of the two seemed like the perfect match, right? What I didn't realize until I started reading is the audience it is aimed at. Yeah a little too YOUNG adult for me. The story is fine but extremely simplistic & has little depth. I am sure though, that some kids out there will find it AWESOME!
Erika Von
how are people even adding and rating this book when it isn't even out untill January?
Christine (KizzieReads)
This wasn't as interesting or sucked me in from the beginning. Once I got to the middle or so, that's when it sucked me in. The illustrations are a great part of these books. It helps you get a sense of what's going on visually.
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 3.75

This was an interesting read. I thought the story did drag out a bit, but not as much as Zom-B Baby. B was more her feisty, badass self in this book. The story was really enjoyable. I think the best part for me was the gladiator part as it reminded me a bit of a Hunger Games and Gladiator movie vibe to it. Also, it is interesting to read a zombie world where zombie gladiators exist. I dislike DanDan. I hope he suffers for what he is doing. I thought the ending was great. I
Christina
Jan 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, zombies
Just when you thought Darren Shan couldn't possibly think up of anyone creepier than the clown, enter Dan Dan. Okay, maybe it would have been creepier if Dan Dan also happened to be a clown, but trust me, I wouldn't want to run into Dan Dan in broad daylight in the middle of a crowded street, much less a dark alleyway.

Gladiator explores the point of having friends during a zombie apocalypse. We're not talking allies; we're talking friends about whom you truly care. Is there any point? They're
Kc Giannini
Mar 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Damn...now I have to wait for the next one to come out. I am so happy that I found a great new series...and frustrated because I'm stuck waiting impatiently for the next one! I LOVE B!
Minx
This was a great addition in this series.
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Haley
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 04-2017
I really liked this book and the plot was much more interesting. It's sad to see that in this plot people would actually turn to this and not care about the race, but rather ruling everyone. B is back at County Hall training for the fight to come between them and the mutants. B gets trapped when out by a pair of soldiers she has met before. They take her back to a boat where she will serve the purpose of entertainment. There on the boat are a group of people who just want to take over
Cinthia
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
16PrideauxS
It's a horror/fantasy story in a 13 book series I like it because its full of action and there's never a boring moment It's exiting and a page turner it ends in a good way were the good guys win. I would reccomend it to anyone over the age of 12+
Sajid
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Personal Response
I really liked this book, because I like books that have to do with post apocalyptic worlds and zombies. It isn't an average zombie book. I like these kinds of books, because they are interesting to me and are more enjoyable to me.

Plot
In this book, Becky was just going about her normal week, training, fighting zombies, eating brains, and scouting. Until they meet a survivor, Becky and her friends got to know them where the survivors were comfortable near the living zombies. The
Jojobean
This book was awesome just like the other books in this series.

The plot of this book is simple as you can tell by the name of the book. B is now part of Dr. Oystein's angel and she goes on training missions and scouting missions. Nothing too heavy as of yet. While out on a scouting mission with her angel roommates, B gets captured and, you guessed it, is forced to battle zombies in an "arena" as the entertainment to some sick and twisted individuals.

First, I really like B in this book. She had
Cameron
Alexis
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is from the series Zom-B Gladiator By Darren Shan. The basic plot of this book is that there was a zombie apocalypse but its not the point of view of a human. It is In the point of view of a zombie. now this series is a little different from normal zombie books and there are special zombies. though these zombies are called angel’s they are called angels for the fact that when they were killed and first became a zombie their brains were never eaten.
Now the main angel is B Smith, before

Ending: 8

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
um. Gladiator fights with zombies...
Worst Part: i read these out of order...
Thoughts Had: poor b; GET THEM!!; good job!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: So i read these out of order, i read 5, 7, 6. oh well. anyhow,
Carien
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, zombies
This was an entertaining addition to this series.

The religious blah was almost gone and there was some cool action. Story wise this book seems to be filler material before we move forward on the actual story. There's no progress on outstanding issues, just lots of new action that felt like a sidestep, but maybe I'm wrong.

Not that I minded. As I said: the events in this book are very entertaining and cool. I breezed through it in no time.

On to the next book soon, which is in my TBR pile already.
Maddie
May 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like all of Darren Shan's books, but I think this series is by far his worst. Doesn't help that all of these books are short, but only a few significant things happen in each book.
In this one, it was just that (view spoiler) That was about it.
The thing I like about these books though is that I get through them really fast and they make me feel accomplished. XD I plan to read Zom-B Mission (#7) today as well so then I'm up to date.
Sara
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what it is about this series, but to they all start slow with the except of the very first one in the series and then just jump to the point and then its over. I think that I might feel that way because they are short books and are meant for the younger age group. It doesn't matter but I keep coming back so there must be something amazing!!
Bridger M
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has 160 pages.The main character is Becky smith and I cant connect to her. I gave this book five stars becuse I like fighting and zombies.This book reminded me of resedent evil its a zombie movie the ending is a clif end and its cool I love this series
Ada
Oct 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't get enough of this series!
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great series, each book is a one-day read if you have the time. If you've gotten this far then you have to just keep on going!
Gayle
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombie
Another fantastic episode in the Zomb-B serial. Have a feeling B will encounter the atrocious Dan-Dan again. Can't wait until the next book!
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was about becky and how she had to fight a lot of zombies so she can entertain a bunch of fancy people.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• My Childhood Under Fire: A Sarajevo Diary
  • A Plague Upon Your Family (Zombie Fallout #2)
  • You Wish
  • V-Wars (V-Wars: Chronicles of the Vampire Wars #1)
  • Zombie Fallout (Zombie Fallout, #1)
  • A Shroud of Tattered Sails (Garrison Gage, #4)
  • Headhunters on My Doorstep: A True Treasure Island Ghost Story
  • Classic Battlestar Galactica: Cylon Apocalypse #1 (Classic Battlestar Galactica: Cylon Apocalypse Vol. 1)
  • Variant (Variant, #1)
  • Power Girl: Power Trip
  • Dark of Night - Flesh and Fire
  • Conquest
  • The End (Zombie Fallout, #3)
  • Infinity, Inc. (1984-1988) #24 (Infinity Inc. (1984-1988))
  • Superman (1939-) #414
  • All-Star Squadron (1981-) #52
  • All-Star Squadron (1981-) #51
  • All-Star Squadron (1981-) #50
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

Zom-B (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Zom-B
  • Zom-B Circus
  • Zom-B Clans
  • Zom-B Family
  • Zom-B Bride
“The brains of the undead do nothing for me. The taste is vile, nothing like the juicy, enticing brains of the living.” 0 likes