Start by marking “Open Flame (Dragon's Fate, #2)” as Want to Read:
Open Flame (Dragon's Fate, #2)

Open Flame

(Dragon's Fate #2)

Like his brothers, Madoc is a dragon born by blood magic. Unlike them, he has only once bitten a human in a near-hopeless quest to find his eternal mate. Watching that woman die nearly destroyed him.

Now he works to invent a watch that will rewind time. When he attends the Spectacle of Time in Paris, though, he finds a woman who shakes the foundation of his world and crumbl
Published September 1st 2013 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Open Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open Flame

Jamie
This book is the sequel to Waterfall. I am not sure if I liked this book more, or less than the first. This book takes places several years after the first.

Instead of focusing on Jonathon and Celeste we have switched over to Madoc. In a lot of ways I like his character more. Except, like Jonathan, he is a bit irrational at the whole "found my mate and now she is MINE" mentality. This has now begun to grate on me as reason and common sense seem to flee when these Zir find their chosen mates. The
Monica Boots
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Madoc is a dragon born by blood magic. He longs to find his mate. But if he bites a woman that turns out not to be his mate she will die. Unfortunately this has happened to him once and he is determined to never let that happen again. Never giving up he is working on inventing a watch that will rewind time so he can set things straight. Fina is the daughter of a famous clock maker. She has met Madoc once before and it wasn’t a good meeting. She hates him and blames him for ruining her family and ...more
Vicki
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Open Flames is a well written story about a dragon shifter, Madoc. He is trying to find a way to travel back in time when he stumbles across a young woman, Fina who in time, will change his life forever! I was drawn into this story by the dragon sifter aspect. I was quickly hooked and really enjoyed where the story line lead me. Fina is a very strong minded lady who is determined to hate Madoc for something she blames him for. She soon learns that the world is not as it seems and is thrown into ...more
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I Thought:

This is the second book in the Dragon's Fate series and it jumps forward a few years in the timeframe of the lives of the lives of the brothers, as they search for their mates. We no longer focus on Jordan and his newly found mate. We actually don't hear much about them, just the occasional showing of them in the actions/decisions of what is happening overall.

We find ourselves in the eyes of the brother of fire, Madoc. We learned a little about him in the first book, particularly
Maghon Thomas
So just a little while back, I read Waterfall, which was book one. I absolutely loved it. And so I needed to read this one ASAP, so I am so glad for blog tours with books I love! :) I’m also a little mad, and devastated, because I SO CALLED MADOC FIRST!!! It’s like the second sentence in my Waterfall review. LOL I loved Jordan and all, but I totally wanted Madoc…. *sigh* another Book Boyfriend stolen away…. But anywho, let’s talk seriously now :)

Madoc is the broody HAWT PIECE of a dragon. He nee
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Oct 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, novella
Attention: This book is intended for an ADULT audience and does contain sexual material.

So, I read Waterfall, the first of the Dragon's Fate Novellas, a while back, and it was alright. I felt that because of the sexual content the plot was a bit overrun. I gave Open Flame a read, to see if the plot continued or if the plot had really become the ‘joining’ of the Dragons and their mates… and it has.

I did not mind the sexual content, as I knew to expect it and knew the portion of the book it may
DebA
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found this story awesome!

Madoc (Zir) was obsessed with making a watch to turn back time. He met Zina on his quest. Zina did not have a good memory of Madoc. Will she ever forgive him? Could Zina survive the Zir mating bite?

I am glad that I put aside my doubts about reading a historical paranormal romance novel. I read it and overcame my doubts. I almost missed out. You'll just have to read the story to find out what happens next and the HEA. I highly recommend this author.

Open Flame gets 4.
Diane Lynch
Sep 26, 2013 rated it liked it
3 1/2 of 5 stars

Dragon shape shifter, Madoc, is on a quest to turn back time. In order for dragon shifters to find their mate, they need to bite them. If the person is not their mate, they die. Having had a lover once perish on him after piercing her, Madoc vowed never to bite another, unless he could turn back time to save her if she was not his intended.

Lacy Danes Open Flame is an original entertaining novel. Danes is a talented writer, making you feel you are in the era of the book. I recomm
Kirsten
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was definitely an interesting tale. Dragons who time travel? New concept to me. The story was entertaining and fun, sometimes a little scary, but all good. I liked Fina very much. She's a fiesty, independent woman who learns that things are not always as they seem. Madoc is also an interesting character, but determined to have his mate with or without her consent. Total alpha male - loved it. This is a brand new world that Lacey has created, and I'm going to have to go back to read the firs ...more
Lyn Taylor
Not really my cup of tea. Again I couldn't really relate to the characters. I just don't think this author's writing style is for me. But since I've already purchased the next in the series, no doubt you'll see another review.
Nancy
I like the story line, I'm just not comfortable with the way it's written. I am not gripped by the story as I read but I still wanted to finish it.
Barbara
Feb 04, 2016
Colleen Grice
Mar 13, 2016
sonja sauter
Jan 26, 2017
Tessie
rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2014
Jan 17, 2015
Whittney
Jul 02, 2014

Dragon's Fate (3 books)
  • Waterfall (Dragon's Fate, #1)
  • Storm Clouds (Dragon's Fate, #3)