Start by marking “Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon” as Want to Read:
Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon

Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon

(Plants vs. Zombies #1)

The confusing-yet-brilliant inventor known only as Crazy Dave helps his niece, Patrice, and young adventurer Nate Timely fend off a "fun-dead" neighborhood invasion in Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon! Winner of over thirty "Game of the Year" awards, Plants vs. Zombies is now determined to shuffle onto all-ages bookshelves to tickle funny bones and thrill... brains.

* The
Published November 19th 2013 by Dark Horse Books

Start your review of Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon
Sam Quixote
Oct 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Plants Vs Zombies is one of the most addictive, entertaining games I’ve ever played. I played the first game to death, doing the challenges long after I’d completed the game (several times) and not a day goes by since Plants Vs Zombies 2 has been released where I don’t play at least one game of it (that damn Treasure Yeti’s lunchbox!). I love this gaming series, it’s so much fun.

The flip side is that the popularity of the game spawns further iterations of the franchise in other media, in this
Krissy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this series with my son and he is officially obsessed. We had to immediately jump into vol. 2
Sylvester
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Yeah. It's come to this. I do not particularly enjoy reading these to Squirt, but he likes them. There will be more, unfortunately.
Erin
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was just looking through the catalog of books from my library's website and this popped up. I am not a comic book person but I LOVE Plants vs Zombies! this was the cutest thing. I need more......!!!!!!
Mehsi
Received an ARC from the publisher at Netgalley.

Finally this wonderful, epic game gets a comic book! I loved, no adored the game, it was a really brilliant idea to have plants fight zombies!

So in this book we meet Nate and Patrice (who also happens to be Crazy Dave's (yes THE Crazy Dave) niece), in the beginning everything is fine, until they look out of their tree house window and see ZOMBIES!

They soon hurry to Dave, because, well even though he is clearly crazy, he is also brilliant and knows
Ross Alon
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I love PvZ games. I'm giving the first one another round, and I'm playing the second daily. The are one of the best casual games you can find. So when I discovered very late that there was a comic book series I had to try it.
The book itself is directed to kids, but it feels like the writer didn't even try to catch the spirit of the game. None of the game's humor and fun. It doesn't mean that there's no humor in the book, it just that it's not good enough to appeal to adults as other
Uriel Lara
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a veteran Plants Vs Zombies player, I think this book is amazing.This book takes me back to the old days when I used to play PVZ non-stop, and now that it has its own book and set of character, I'm starting to get interested in the PVZ community again, and I'll definitely get my hands on the rest of the books once I get the money too. :)
The Styling Librarian
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Plants vs. Zombies – Lawnmageddon – by Paul Tobin, illustrated by Ron Chan and Matthew J. Rainwater – Graphic Novel – 4th grade and up (for anyone who will be amused) - So. I bought this book for my son knowing that I wasn’t very fond of the game but he certainly was… when the book order arrived, the kiddo immediately sat down and read it cover to cover. It sat for two days on the coffee table and I decided to pick it up and read it. Briskly. It was quite a hilarious book. I appreciated getting ...more
Shannon
I got one of the cheap "new" Kindle Fires this week (mostly to stream stuff at the gym and read manga and have something larger than my iPhone to read emails on when I travel) and so far, I'm in love.

I think this graphic novel supplied by NetGalley shall be the first thing I officially read and review on it. Here's hoping that all goes well ... Or I might just go back to paper books for a while again.

Aidan
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everyone played the games, but the books? Join the hilarious adventures of Nate Timely and Patrice Blazing as they fight the war to save NeighborVille from Brain-Hungry Zombies! However, they'll need a little help from Patrice's Uncle Dave. Will they win the war or will Zomboss' plan work? Find out in this action packed book!
Stacy Fetters
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Crazy uncle Dave is my hero. He's the only one without a brain, doesn't gaf and invents the craziest pancake making machines.
Did we just become best friends?
Christine Rains
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun story inspired by the popular game, Plants vs. Zombies. Crazy Dave's niece, Patrice and her friend Nate fight zombies and try to survive in this wacky story.

My seven-year-old son really enjoyed this book. He's a big fan of the game, and having two human kids thrust into the world really got his imagination running. The illustrations are great, and he laughs every time he looks at the peashooter drinking lemonade. Plus Crazy Dave is just as weird here as he is in the game. Only his niece
Melody
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I checked this out because I was hoping it would appeal to my five year-old... and it did! The child thought it was absolutely hilarious, and I enjoyed it, too.

Given that it’s based on a game, this is a great graphic novel with nice illustrations. The plot line was a little thin, but is comparable to most other zombie literature/film (i.e. there are suddenly zombies, so we have to run away and somehow defeat them!).

Is it great literature? No. But if you want some fluffy entertainment or are
Alyson Cain
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was funny. I also thought the storyline was interesting.
Jan van Es
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Imagine my EXTREME surprise when I found out there being PLANTS VS ZOMBIES COMICS.

I already LOVE the videogame and then this! It's AWESOME. And so hilarious!!

I totally recommend it.
Kristin Bateman
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I gave this series to my nephew for Christmas and he was immediately enthralled. I picked up Book 1 today and really enjoyed it! I can see how this would appeal to a younger reader.
Maria
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it was so good the fighting and everything it was all awesome
Rachel
Sep 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019-reads
Could've been a fun children's comic if not for all the ableism.
Chica GP
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

This App Version: 2.1
Device Info: iPad2, iOS 7.100000
SWRVE: 347853df029175300c84ee3a450f0c7d
This was a exiting book that I liked because good humor and good pictures
Reha
pretty neat
Jeanni
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
cute. kids (and adults arrive played the game) will enjoy it.
Ian
Sep 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
The only good parts are taken directly from the game. The comic doesn't merit existing.
Joe
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
I thought it was boring, had bad jokes, and the writing wasn't good. But, I read it aloud to my four-year-old son; he's crazy about Plants vs. Zombies and he liked it, so it was OK.
Melanie
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was too cute. I love seeing my favorite plants and zombies in action.
Robert Beveridge
Dec 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Not sure anyone, really--definitely not fans of the game.
Paul Tobin, Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon (Dark Horse, 2013)

Full disclosure: I received an electronic ARC of this book via Netgalley.

I am a huge, huge fan of all things Plants vs. Zombies (though giantbomb's First Look feature on PvZ2 leads me to believe that may not be the case for too much longer). I've played through adventure mode and gotten to gold-trophy status at least a half-dozen times, and when I have a spare moment, I'm as likely to play Vasebreaker Endless as do anything else.
Ashley Ferguson
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
This review and more can be found at The A P Book Club

Who doesn't love Plants vs. Zombies? It's on pretty much every platform and device, and it's fun for all ages. The zombies are slow and fun to destroy, the plants are creative and punny and colorful, and Crazy Dave is...well, crazy. So imagine my glee at finding a comic featuring Crazy Dave, his plants, and the zombies!

This comic is basically a contained adventure in which Nate Timely and Patrice must save their neighborhood from the zombie
Angela Blount
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
An entertaining start to a graphic novel series fit for longtime fans of the Plants vs. Zombies game; appropriate for kids of all ages.

All’s not well in the city of Neighborville. An eccentric zombie horde has been unleashed, and the only one’s seemingly able to keep their fighting wits about them are young Nate Timely and his new kick-butt friend, Patrice Blazing. Fortunately, Patrice’s Uncle happens to be a genius “top-notch scientist”…although, he’s otherwise known to the neighborhood as the
Eustacia Tan
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Ok, so I requested this book partly because I like Plants vs Zombies (There was this period of time where I did nothing but play Plants vs Zombies 2), but mostly because my little brother loves Plants vs Zombies (he skypes me just to ask for advice. Actually, only to ask for advice), and I wanted to know if I should get him this book.

So you may be asking, how do you make a comic out of a game where you plant plants to defeat zombies. There's only Crazy Dave, who barely speaks English, and Penny,
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Art of Plants vs. Zombies
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Brains and the Beanstalk
  • The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers (Super Diaper Baby, #2)
  • Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls (Dog Man, #7)
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Cosmic Beyond (Last Kids on Earth, #4)
  • The Last Kids on Earth (Last Kids on Earth, #1)
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Nightmare King (Last Kids on Earth, #3)
  • The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (Super Diaper Baby, #1)
  • Game Over, Super Rabbit Boy! (Press Start! #1)
  • Trayaurus and the Enchanted Crystal
  • Enter the Mine (PopularMMOs, #2)
  • When Nature Calls (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #3)
  • Dog Man (Dog Man, #1)
  • Max and the Midknights
  • The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade (Last Kids on Earth, #2)
  • Dog Man: Fetch-22 (Dog Man, #8)
  • School Daze (Diary of a Minecraft Zombie, #5)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 8: Superbad
Paul Tobin is the Eisner-award winning, New York Times-bestselling author of Bandette, Colder, and many other comic books and graphic series.

Bandette, drawn by Colleen Coover, was awarded the Eisner Award for Best Digital Series in 2013, 2016, and 2017; and was a finalist for the Oregon Book Award for Graphic Literature in 2016. His original graphic novel I Was the Cat was nominated for an

Plants vs. Zombies (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Timepocalypse