Start by marking “Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon” as Want to Read:
Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon

Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon

(Plants vs. Zombies #1)

The confusing-yet-brilliant inventor known only as Crazy Dave helps his niece, Patrice, and young adventurer Nate Timely fend off a "fun-dead" neighborhood invasion in Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon! Winner of over thirty "Game of the Year" awards, Plants vs. Zombies is now determined to shuffle onto all-ages bookshelves to tickle funny bones and thrill... brains.

* The
Published November 19th 2013 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1, please sign up.
7Brianna idk lol what do you mean ?
…more
idk lol what do you mean ?
(less)

Start your review of Plants vs. Zombies Volume 1: Lawnmageddon
Sam Quixote
Oct 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Plants Vs Zombies is one of the most addictive, entertaining games I’ve ever played. I played the first game to death, doing the challenges long after I’d completed the game (several times) and not a day goes by since Plants Vs Zombies 2 has been released where I don’t play at least one game of it (that damn Treasure Yeti’s lunchbox!). I love this gaming series, it’s so much fun.

The flip side is that the popularity of the game spawns further iterations of the franchise in other media, in this c
Krissy
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this series with my son and he is officially obsessed. We had to immediately jump into vol. 2
Sylvester
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Yeah. It's come to this. I do not particularly enjoy reading these to Squirt, but he likes them. There will be more, unfortunately. ...more
Erin
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was just looking through the catalog of books from my library's website and this popped up. I am not a comic book person but I LOVE Plants vs Zombies! this was the cutest thing. I need more......!!!!!! ...more
Mehsi
Received an ARC from the publisher at Netgalley.

Finally this wonderful, epic game gets a comic book! I loved, no adored the game, it was a really brilliant idea to have plants fight zombies!

So in this book we meet Nate and Patrice (who also happens to be Crazy Dave's (yes THE Crazy Dave) niece), in the beginning everything is fine, until they look out of their tree house window and see ZOMBIES!

They soon hurry to Dave, because, well even though he is clearly crazy, he is also brilliant and knows
Stacy Fetters
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Crazy uncle Dave is my hero. He's the only one without a brain, doesn't gaf and invents the craziest pancake making machines.
Did we just become best friends?
The Styling Librarian
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Plants vs. Zombies – Lawnmageddon – by Paul Tobin, illustrated by Ron Chan and Matthew J. Rainwater – Graphic Novel – 4th grade and up (for anyone who will be amused) - So. I bought this book for my son knowing that I wasn’t very fond of the game but he certainly was… when the book order arrived, the kiddo immediately sat down and read it cover to cover. It sat for two days on the coffee table and I decided to pick it up and read it. Briskly. It was quite a hilarious book. I appreciated getting ...more
Ross Alon
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I love PvZ games. I'm giving the first one another round, and I'm playing the second daily. The are one of the best casual games you can find. So when I discovered very late that there was a comic book series I had to try it.
The book itself is directed to kids, but it feels like the writer didn't even try to catch the spirit of the game. None of the game's humor and fun. It doesn't mean that there's no humor in the book, it just that it's not good enough to appeal to adults as other boo
Am Y
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An adorable must-read for any Plants vs Zombies (i.e. the game) fan. The art style is exactly the same as the original (first) game. The peashooters remain an important part of frontline defence; the wall-nuts and tall-nuts are unwaveringly self-sacrificial; the blovers try their best; the sunflowers need their sun; the winter melons smash & freeze... and turns out the squashes are actually good drivers!
H.W. Hoyt
Am I adding this because I am behind on my reading challenge? Yes, yes I am.
Uriel Lara
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a veteran Plants Vs Zombies player, I think this book is amazing.This book takes me back to the old days when I used to play PVZ non-stop, and now that it has its own book and set of character, I'm starting to get interested in the PVZ community again, and I'll definitely get my hands on the rest of the books once I get the money too. :) ...more
Angela Blount
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
An entertaining start to a graphic novel series fit for longtime fans of the Plants vs. Zombies game; appropriate for kids of all ages.

All’s not well in the city of Neighborville. An eccentric zombie horde has been unleashed, and the only one’s seemingly able to keep their fighting wits about them are young Nate Timely and his new kick-butt friend, Patrice Blazing. Fortunately, Patrice’s Uncle happens to be a genius “top-notch scientist”…although, he’s otherwise known to the neighborhood as the
Shannon
I got one of the cheap "new" Kindle Fires this week (mostly to stream stuff at the gym and read manga and have something larger than my iPhone to read emails on when I travel) and so far, I'm in love.

I think this graphic novel supplied by NetGalley shall be the first thing I officially read and review on it. Here's hoping that all goes well ... Or I might just go back to paper books for a while again.

Nate's Reviews
Jul 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review-
I've always been a big fan of the Plants Vs Zombies games and other media so this was a delight. The read is very quick and enjoyable. I feel like I appreciated it more than some might since I know lots about the series and such but regardless, it's great! Dave is perfect from game to comic and the addition of his niece is fantastic. Overall, this is a great story and adds so much to the already amazing series.
Aidan
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Everyone played the games, but the books? Join the hilarious adventures of Nate Timely and Patrice Blazing as they fight the war to save NeighborVille from Brain-Hungry Zombies! However, they'll need a little help from Patrice's Uncle Dave. Will they win the war or will Zomboss' plan work? Find out in this action packed book! ...more
Tania
Aug 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a huge fan of Plants vs. Zombies, I took a chance on this comic book that brings the beloved video game to a new medium. The backstory of the game, and this series, is that Zombies have overtaken the world but Crazy Dave built a Plant army to combat them. There are Zombies of all shapes and sizes - every zombie that appears in the various levels of the games comes into the artwork in these pages in rapid succession. Two kids, the only two to realize what is happening, apparently, work with Cr ...more
Safiye
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sooooo fun! We loved it! The some parts are funny, like the time they thought that they defeated the zombies. That was ridiculous! But I had a hard time with reading the words they were so small.

The zombies were not to bad... But they probably won't be getting any beauty treatments for their faces. They were not to creepy. I would not think that the age of 3-5 can not handle it. But if you are a parent you can decide, some children are different in handle things differently.

Why did I pick this
Jesse
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is an amazing graphic novel about the world of Plants vs Zombies! This is the first book in the series and introduces you to the characters. In this book zombies have invaded Neighborville and is being lead by the infamous Dr. Zomboss. Luckily a kid named Nate Timely stumbles upon Patrice, a future friend, and her uncle Crazy Dave. Dave only speaks in gibbrish but Patrice understands him. Dave has also come up with a revolutionary invention that gives them a chance to defeat zombies: Plants ...more
Christine Rains
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun story inspired by the popular game, Plants vs. Zombies. Crazy Dave's niece, Patrice and her friend Nate fight zombies and try to survive in this wacky story.

My seven-year-old son really enjoyed this book. He's a big fan of the game, and having two human kids thrust into the world really got his imagination running. The illustrations are great, and he laughs every time he looks at the peashooter drinking lemonade. Plus Crazy Dave is just as weird here as he is in the game. Only his niece ca
Melody
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I checked this out because I was hoping it would appeal to my five year-old... and it did! The child thought it was absolutely hilarious, and I enjoyed it, too.

Given that it’s based on a game, this is a great graphic novel with nice illustrations. The plot line was a little thin, but is comparable to most other zombie literature/film (i.e. there are suddenly zombies, so we have to run away and somehow defeat them!).

Is it great literature? No. But if you want some fluffy entertainment or are look
Persephonie
May 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Okay first things first: The art? Amazing! I’m a huge fan of the game franchise and was super pumped to hear there was a graphic novel!

I do feel like there was a bit of a weird story lapse in trying to turn the game into a story though, and it didn’t feel cohesive for me.

It was super fun to see all of panels and action, but unsure of its merit as a graphic novel. Maybe it should have stuck to games?
Brighton_Lo
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Plants vs Zombies Lawnmageddon is an enjoyable comic based off the popular video game Plants vs Zombies. The comic stars Nate Timely and Patrice Blazing, both living in a suburban neighborhood infested with brain hungry zombies with their only means of defense are plants grown by Patrice's uncle, Crazy Dave.

Over all, if you have some time to use up I would suggest you go read this comic.
Gabby
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Rating: 3.5

Based on one of my all-time favourite video games, this comic was a ton of fun! Full of colour and awesome graphics, the story line, characters and artwork, I enjoyed my reading experience immensely. Gave me the urge to play through this game yet again (maybe my third? Fourth time?). I plan to get the next volume of this series from my library ASAP.
Colleen Villasenor
I read this to my grandson. It was the first time he had actually sat still for a book. He even took a screenshot to show his class. It is a silly graphic novel based on the games. The graphics are bright and the humor is quirky, some of it wasted on my young grandson. This is the first in the series.
Patrick
One of the funniest comics I've read in a long time. The main characters are hilarious, and the elements from the video games are imported in smart, fresh ways.

Definitely recommend for readers of all ages.
Karen Hsu
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay, my 7yo definitely should have started reading book #1 (this one) first. Because it sets the stage, the tone, and the silliness level of the series. Once we read this one (and #2), he understood the jokes and the pacing/cut scenes of all the novels in the Plants vs. Zombies series.
Jeanni
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
cute. kids (and adults arrive played the game) will enjoy it.
Ian
Sep 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
The only good parts are taken directly from the game. The comic doesn't merit existing. ...more
Kristin Bateman
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I gave this series to my nephew for Christmas and he was immediately enthralled. I picked up Book 1 today and really enjoyed it! I can see how this would appeal to a younger reader.
Alyson Cain
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was funny. I also thought the storyline was interesting.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Plants vs. Zombies: Official Guide to Protecting Your Brains
  • The Art of Plants vs. Zombies
  • Enter the Mine (PopularMMOs, #2)
  • Game Over, Super Rabbit Boy! (Press Start! #1)
  • Tales of an 8-Bit Kitten: Lost in the Nether: An Unofficial Minecraft Adventure
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Brains and the Beanstalk
  • Minecraft Volume 1 (Graphic Novel)
  • The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (Super Diaper Baby, #1)
  • A Hole New World (PopularMMOs, #1)
  • Big Nate: Welcome to My World (AMP! Comics for Kids)
  • The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers (Super Diaper Baby, #2)
  • Trayaurus and the Enchanted Crystal
  • George and Harold's Epic Comix Collection Vol. 1 (Epic Tales of Captain Underpants TV)
  • FGTeeV Presents: Into the Game!
  • Minecraft: Stories from the Overworld (Graphic Novel)
  • Saving the Whole Wide World (Hilo, #2)
  • Minecraft: The Crash (Official Minecraft Novels, #2)
  • Dog Man: Grime and Punishment (Dog Man, #9)
Paul Tobin is the Eisner-award winning, New York Times-bestselling author of Bandette, Colder, and many other comic books and graphic series.

Bandette, drawn by Colleen Coover, was awarded the Eisner Award for Best Digital Series in 2013, 2016, and 2017; and was a finalist for the Oregon Book Award for Graphic Literature in 2016. His original graphic novel I Was the Cat was nominated for an

Plants vs. Zombies (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Plants vs. Zombies: Timepocalypse