Start by marking “Easy Bake Coven (Vivienne French, #1)” as Want to Read:
Easy Bake Coven (Vivienne French, #1)

Easy Bake Coven

(Vivienne Finch Series #1)

Vivienne Finch is a woman of many talents. A skilled baker; She is set to open her new business, Sweet Dreams Bakery. A successful diplomat; Managing to dodge over a dozen attempts by her mother to marry off her 'on the wrong side of 35' daughter. Hereditary witch; She's gifted with magic but murder and mayhem follow along all too often. When the Mayor's wife is found stab ...more
Published May 26th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Bake Coven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Bake Coven

George G
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! Very well written and a true page-turner! The author created a wonderful world and fantastic characters.
Sharon
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book is so refreshing! a great new plot "outside the box" the author has an amazing mind that looks at things just a little differntly. cannot wait for the rest of the series to unfold!
Joan
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute fun read. Great for summer! Love the references to the Finger Lake Region of NY.
Elizabeth Arrowood
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun weekend read. A little more morbid than I expected but, for me, that is a good thing indeed.

I was shocked to discover that this book was written by a man. That may be a sexist comment, but the book totally reads like a woman wrote it. I actually thought it was pretty cool. :)

The romance here was very sweet, but it felt a little rushed to me at some point. Like they were both very comfortable being in love right away. It just didn't ring very true to me.

The characters were g
Adrienne Testa
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a don't hurt yourself thinking in the summer heat type of series. Vivienne Finch is a baker, finally ready to open her open bakery, when the mayor's wife is killed behind her shop. All is not well in this sleepy little town, good witches, bad witches and werewolves roam freely. As Vivienne tries to solve the murder of the mayor's wife and free an innocent woman. She learns from her nana she is a hereditary witch and will need to learn all about her history. The characters are likable and ...more
Sue Ross
Jun 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I first started this book, I wasn't sure about it. The mix of mystery, witches, werewolves and the undead is something I've never read before, but I was going to try it. As it turns out, I got totally engrossed in it and didn't even realize I had read the whole thing. The characters are great. The plot was one that drew me in and didn't let me go until the very end. Now I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Melodie
Jun 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2015
OMG..........this was REALLY bad. Some of the food sounded good, but other than that, stay far away from this one. Poorly written and characters that I couldn't possibly have cared any less about. Mediocre mystery.
Brian
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thanks J.D. Hope to return to Cayuga Cove soon.
Meri Benson
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Vivienne Finch has her dreams set on opening ‘Sweet Dreams Bakery’ in her little seaside town. But when the mayor’s wife ends up dead in her dumpster on opening day, the tiny town is pushed onto its side, and Vivienne is dragged right along with it.

Right up front I will say I liked the book. The plot was interesting, and the twists did keep coming with the who-dun-it part of this book. The town was well described too. The author was good to detail how the little main street looked, especially si
Cynthia Phipps
Would have been better if written in the first person. It appeared as if

The female psyche was not achieved. First person would have been better approach. Cute yet predictable. Typos grammar. The biggest tip the women's psyche was not captured was she said "I love you" too fast and all the women in the book were cliche.
Karen Calhoun
Dec 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery-cozy
An enjoyable fluffy read with slightly 2-dimensional characters.
Andrew
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ibrc-2
Every October, I love to read books that help put me in the mood for my favorite holiday - Halloween! Looking online for books this year, I was immediately interested in Easy Bake Coven by J.D. Shaw - the synopsis teased magic and mystery... and baked goods! I knew I'd found my book for October.

Easy Bake Coven picks up a few days before Vivienne Finch plans to open Sweet Dreams Bakery in Cayuga Cove, a small town in upstate New York. She's in the final stages of launching her business when her m
Beth
This is really 2.5 stars for me. The personalities of Vivienne Finch and her deputy boyfriend are too similiar to be more than just a little interesting as a couple; this is book one though so perhaps that will change as the characters are developed more. The plot started out well, and I liked the fact the author did not immediately reveal the hidden talents of the characters. As the story developed though, I never really got the sense that Vivienne was solving the crime, so much as the author w ...more
Dharia Scarab
Aug 20, 2014 rated it liked it

4 sta
Pat Plummer
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the new series

I just finished the first book in this series, which is new to me. Have found it terrific. Only thing missing was a recipe for her famous cake. The plot set in a small town community was very realistic, and the personalities were well drawn . The interplay of two different branches, so to speak, of witchcraft was intriguing. Small town squabbles turned into big time crime. I highly recommend this book , and there are more and the series.
Leslie
Dec 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Short light read during holidays. This could have used some proof reading. The bakery sounds like a nice little shop, but might be hard to keep open while Vivienne is learning witchcraft and running around solving mysteries and murders.
Debbie
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nicely written and kept me interested from first to last page. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Katie
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun book. Well done easy read ~ baking, mystery, witches, werewolf - what more is needed for escapist, relaxing read.
Sandy
Oct 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a light read and I really liked the characters. I am not sure if I will continue the series but everything she made sure sounds delicious.
Pamela
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Was good mystery. Kept you guessing who dunnit. Probably will not continue with this series.
Susan Parks
Apr 16, 2015 rated it liked it
A cozy paranormal mystery/romance, which tries to be all things to all people and partly succeeds.
Debbie Lewis walker
Sep 12, 2013
gayda dahl
Mar 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Lemon Pies and Little White Lies (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, #4)
  • Spells & Stitches (Sugar Maple, #4)
  • Some Enchanted Éclair (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #4)
  • Murders and Metaphors (Magical Bookshop Mystery #3)
  • What's a Witch to Do? (A Midnight Magic Mystery #1)
  • A Familiar Tail (Witch's Cat Mystery, #1)
  • Horse of a Different Killer (Call of the Wilde #3)
  • Some Like It Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #5)
  • Criminal Confections (A Chocolate Whisperer Mystery, #1)
  • A Killing Notion (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery, #5)
  • Cookie Dough or Die (Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #1)
  • The Skeleton Paints a Picture (Family Skeleton Mystery #4)
  • Dead Suite (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #4)
  • A Batter of Life and Death (A Bakeshop Mystery, #2)
J.D. Shaw has always been drawn to the creative arts and all things spooky, even as a young child. Good grades eluded him in art class because no matter what the subject, he would always add a skeleton, pumpkin, witch, or bat into the mix. Why? Because he loved Halloween more than any other holiday and his mother has the picture of him at four years old kissing his carved pumpkin goodnight to prov ...more

Vivienne Finch Series (3 books)
  • Yule Be the Death of Me (Vivienne Finch, #2)
  • Body Bags & Blarney (Vivienne Finch, #3)