Start by marking “Everyone Needs An Algonquin: The Collected Wit And Wisdom Of Agatha Whitt-Wellington (Miss)” as Want to Read:

From a modestly stinking rich family in New Jersey to the charming English village where she now resides, Miss Agatha Whitt-Wellington helps us all to sort some of the difficulties that blight the broadsheets every morning with this collection of short essays. Bawdy but brilliant, Agatha will open your eyes to a world you've only dreamed of: hers. Usually it's pretty damn ...more
Published May 29th 2013 by Through the Split Window

To ask other readers questions about Everyone Needs An Algonquin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyone Needs An Algonquin

Start your review of Everyone Needs An Algonquin: The Collected Wit And Wisdom Of Agatha Whitt-Wellington (Miss)
John Naylor
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

This is my first ever book review so go easy on me for it.

I found Everyone Needs An Algonquin to be one of the best books about the condition we call 'being human' I have ever read. It made me smile, think and sigh in equal amounts. I think the British references were spot on and you can actually believe in the narrator of the book.

The books format is a collection of anecdotes in alphabetical order. The chapters are short and it is a
Sue
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Finally! A book that makes me laugh out loud! These are short articles of advice from a great and well-experienced lady names Agatha Whitt-Wellington...she's a "Miss" by the way.
She gives her advice alphabetically so this is a great little book to read if you just want a few short reads (but be sure to bookmark it, as you'll want to return to Agatha's wisdom.
She gives advice on most every topic, including relationships, childrearing, politics and health, and her quirky, witty, and sometimes baw
Rebekah Blakeway
Agatha Whitt-Wellington is such a funny woman and a great author but this book took a while to get into and took so long to complete. Her opinion on things are so funny and she has a great lifestyle, I must admit. I do recommend this book as it is pretty cool and rather funny but I advise you to read something else alongside it. So yup, 3 stars :).
Barry