Start by marking “Now Look What You've Done (Timmy Failure, #2)” as Want to Read:
Now Look What You've Done (Timmy Failure, #2)

Now Look What You've Done

(Timmy Failure #2)

Traditional Chinese edition of Timmy Failure Now Look What Youve Done. It's the sequel to the hilarious bestselling novel "Timmy Failure: Mistakes were made." Timmy is an eleven-year-old aspiring detective with a polar bear for a sidekick.
Published February 25th 2014 by Candlewick

Start your review of Now Look What You've Done (Timmy Failure, #2)
Richard Cardenas
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!!!

This was equally as hilarious as the first and I had so much fun reading this. Timmy is such an interesting and funny character and reading from his POV with his doodles from his cases makes for a good time. I love how light and quick these are but still have a bit of hear to them, with Timmy's mother going through some hard times and his life not going how he'd like it. I'm very interested to see what happens in book 3. :)

I was sent the entire series by Candle Wick Press for an honest
Irena BookDustMagic
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Guys, this story is like a special happy place packed up in a book.

I tought the first book in the series was great, but believe me when I say: this, second book in the series, is even better!

If I could, I'd give it 6 stars.

description

I had so much fun reading it. Laughed so hard at some parts (especially at the part with Timmy's exams).

We got to see all the familiar faces, and some new ones.

The plot was more interesting then the one in the first book and, therefore, it was easier to follow.

I am so happy I
Grace Platt
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing, especially for young readers like me. I have recently finished the first book of this series and began the second one because i loved it that much.

It is hilarious...
I was in so much laughter it almost hurt. It was also relevant to some of my issues so i understood what he was saying. I especially loved a particular character in this book called total which is a polar bear, he is the detective agent for Timmy,but he's a complete nuisance and does everything wrong!The
Isabella L.
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was very clever and funny because the main character, Timmy, believes in what he thinks is right. Also the minor characters are very funny and clever in this book. My rating is 5 stars, if possible 10!!!
Ms. Yingling
Mar 25, 2014 rated it liked it
With his mother still out of work, Timmy and Total (the polar bear) have moved in with Timmy's Aunt Colander, whose wealthy husband left her a big house. This doesn't stop Timmy from wanting to enter a big detective contest at school. He, of course, is the perfect person to prove who stole a globe from the principal's office, but he misses the deadline! Knowing that he should win, he manages to get himself kicked out of his school and enrolls in another school, Glouberman Academy, which has a ...more
Joel K
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2nd-nine-weeks
Timmy Failure: Now Look What You've Done is the 2nd book in the Timmy Failure series and by far my favorite one. All the books don't really have a countiued but this one is the funniest to me. Timmy's motto is "I was born. I founded an empire. I exhibited greatness". Timmy is sorta a trouble maker so he gets in trouble a lot. He crashed a car into his teacher's house. So he is told that another mystery has been made, and of course Timmy gets right to work because this mystery rewards 500$ and to ...more
Divya
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As good as the first book, Pastis has kept his audience satisfied with ingenious use of humour and puns. More adventures and mishaps follow Timmy Failure in the second book of the series. The author has named every chapter after a song or a popular book. Some examples of chapter names include- I know why the caged bird doesn't sing, One flew out of the cuckoo's nest, The lion, the watch, and the poor globe and so on.

Ronald
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cute book, but it is geared to children a bit older than mine (who are one, two, two and three) so it is one I will keep put up until they're a bit older. On the bright side, it's a sturdy book as evidenced by my oldest continually chewing on the edges....

I enjoyed it, though; maybe even a bit more than I should have at my age. From Goodreads.
The Reading Countess
I tucked this one into my schoolbag after the same student who insisted that I read the first Timmy Failure insisted that I read the second one. Not laugh-out-loud funny like the first, but still very much enjoyed. Thank you, boy reader in my class. I do love a quick graphic novel to remind me how silly life is.
Lane-O
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished it fast so I don't think it was my reading level, but it was a great book. This is the second book to Timmy failure: mistakes were made. This is such a funny book!
Wren
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
funny
Chris Blocker
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-kids
My feelings about the second book in the Timmy Failure series largely mirrors the first. In Mistakes Were Made, quite a bit of the book's first half is familiarizing the reader with the characters and their story. The narrative of the second half sort of rushes through things, yet has some of the story's funniest moments. In Now Look What You've Done Stephan Pastis doesn't take nearly as much time setting the stage. The result is that the jokes start right from the beginning, and these moments ...more
Nathan Su'A-Chang
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
The reason why I read this book, was because it was a gift from my mum for the holidays. Although that was two years ago and I was neglecting the book ever since, I decided to read it to satiate my boredom through these holidays.

Although a quick read, i felt it lacked relatability (although I am 3 years older than the demographic) but had made up for it in personality. I felt that the narrative was some what, non linear and had a lot of filler to compromise for its shorter story. Also, I felt
Colona Public Library
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: april, junior-fiction
I just love Timmy Failure. He has a giant ego and thinks he knows everything. He gets upset when he visits a museum and some statue is labeled as the smartest person, and clearly Timmy thinks that is wrong. He is the smartest person. So he climbs on top of the statue trying to knock the sign down and he falls and breaks his leg.
There is a contest at the schools in his area for the best detective. He waits until the last minute to solve it and misses the deadline. So what does Timmy do? He
Samantha
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Timmy Failure is hilarious! He's self-confident and super confident which always pays off with tons of laughs.

This 2nd book in the series features Timmy struggling with his detective business partner, Total, the 1,500 lb polar bear. The two battle over Total's drive and ambition and just about everything in between.

At school, Timmy is determined to win the county-wide detective contest, though he has quite a few interesting approaches to his goal.

On the home front, readers see more of Timmy's
Jessica
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Got this book as an advance copy! I thought this would be a similar book to the diary of the wimpy kid,and boy was i wrong. While I think the wimpy kid books are alright, Timmy failure now look what you've done, is brutally amazing! Its not just a book for kids, any adult will really enjoy reading the many detective adventures of Timmy. Every page is funnier then the last. My younger brother who doesn't really like reading is currently reading it and is enjoying it! Will definitely pick up the ...more
Jack
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the funniest book series I have ever read. Timmy Failure is a winner in his book series, but not so good in other subjects. I would recommend this book for anyone with a great sense of humor.
Grg
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Way more sentimental than the first book, and not nearly as dark, but still a fun ride. I like how the people around Timmy have started to just accept that he's crazy and work with it instead of fighting it.
Scott Robins
Feb 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Not as laugh out loud or poignant as the first book but still lots of amusing and quirky bits in here. Veers a little too much into adult territory near the end. Definitely still on board for book #3.
Sophia Cambron
Oct 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Timmy Failure "Now Look What You've Done" is a funny book, but it isn't the best. At the beginning of the book wanted to keep reading, then towards the end, I started to lose interest. It's also a more advanced book.
Ryan Teplitzky
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. This book is a little funny but more kid like humor for 4 to 9 years old. I still like the book though. This book is for anybody really.
Maciej
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was really good if you haven't read it read it. Read it because it's charming funny!!!!!!
Amber
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
Very clever. :D
Shoshi
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it
a good story but very random
Cheryl Gatling
I needed something to read in a hurry, and this book was at hand. Immediately I hated it, and I find something to like in just about every book. I thought it was just stupid. I complained to my husband that I thought I would like it because I had liked Pearls Before Swine, also by Stephen Pastis. My husband said that Pearls Before Swine is also stupid. I said, "Yes, but it's often stupid in a brainy way."

Timmy Failure is a boy who sets himself up as a detective. Unlike other boy detectives
Chris Edwards
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoying reading this series with my son.

Favourite quotes:

"So we had to move in with my mother's aunt Colander. A colander is the thing you use to drain spaghetti. I'm not sure how she got that name. Perhaps it is because she has holes in her head through which her brain cells escape. All I know for sure is that she once had a husband, Great-Uncle Gustav. But then he died. Possibly to escape Great-Aunt Colander." - p. 20

"Timmy, listen. I know you've concluded that life is unfair. And I
Nick
Jan 16, 2020 rated it liked it
This book lets us look through the mind of an eccentric eleven-year old. I think it's great that Timmy's greatest companion is a polar bear, because it shows how crazy kids can be. This book also made me sad at times, because of the state of his family and the loneliness of Timmy. The tone of the book is very interesting because of the strangely advanced words that Timmy uses. The book has some funny bits, but most of the time it's serious, in a weird way. This book is overall well-written, with ...more
Dinosaurs
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timmy Failure is a detective and he gets into every single problem. He broke his leg, was late in a detective contest, broke a window, was sent to detention school, and fell from the top of the Eiffel Tower. He was late in a detective contest so he wanted to do it one more time so he went to detention school that has the contest one month later than other schools. But before the contest, he couldn't go to school. They had a meeting to announce the detective winner, but it became a mess and Timmy ...more
Charles Polash
Jan 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
the book is about Timmy and how he is solving cases until he needs to catch a very bad criminal is in his way. will Timmy solve the case? my opinion on this book is it's alright because it isn't very funny. I gave this book one star because it is not entertaining and didn't keep my attention. the moral of the story is to never give up
Ben Henigan
Personally I love the Timmy Failure series. For a book and its franchise is completely different then what a sequel of a movie might be. In a sequel 9 out of 10 times the original is better, that is not the case for this series each book I believe complements the previous one and hypes the next one. I hope this series does not die for awhile.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Brilliant World of Tom Gates (Tom Gates, #1)
  • Frank Einstein and the Antimatter Motor (Frank Einstein, #1)
  • Big Nate: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
  • The Tapper Twins Go to War (with each other) (The Tapper Twins, #1)
  • Big Nate Goes for Broke (Big Nate Novels, #4)
  • The 13-Storey Treehouse
  • Stick Dog (Stick Dog, #1)
  • Max and the Midknights
  • Genius Mode (Big Nate)
  • The Loser List
  • Out Loud (Big Nate)
  • Big Nate Lives It Up (Big Nate Novels, #7)
  • The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes!
  • Big Nate: From the Top
  • Big Nate Flips Out (Big Nate Novels, #5)
  • Lunch Lady and the Video Game Villain (Lunch Lady #9)
  • The 26-Storey Treehouse
  • Game On! (Big Nate)
Stephan Pastis was born in 1968 and raised in San Marino, California, a suburb of Los Angeles. He graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in 1989 with a degree in political science. Although he had always wanted to be a syndicated cartoonist, Pastis realized that the odds of syndication were slim, so he entered UCLA Law School in 1990 and became an attorney instead. He practiced ...more

Timmy Failure (7 books)
  • Mistakes Were Made (Timmy Failure, #1)
  • We Meet Again (Timmy Failure, #3)
  • Sanitized for Your Protection (Timmy Failure, #4)
  • The Book You're Not Supposed to Have (Timmy Failure, #5)
  • The Cat Stole My Pants (Timmy Failure, #6)
  • It's the End When I Say It's the End (Timmy Failure, #7)
“I know that if I am to move forward like the professional that I am, I must first see the past with mature eyes. And that means acknowledging that others have caused all my problems and blaming them for it.” 4 likes