Start by marking “The Jane Yellowrock World Companion” as Want to Read:
The Jane Yellowrock World Companion

The Jane Yellowrock World Companion

(Jane Yellowrock)

Jane Yellowrock is a shapeshifting skinwalker who means bad news for the undead. Now, she’s back and better than ever, as USA Today bestselling author Faith Hunter gives readers an in-depth glimpse at Jane’s world…plus an all-new Jane Yellowrock novella!

Published December 10th 2013 by InterMix

To ask other readers questions about The Jane Yellowrock World Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jane Yellowrock World Companion

Faye
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read: October 2015
Rating: 4/5 stars

It has been almost two years since I read my last Jane Yellowrock novel (Blood Trade in January 2014) and a year since I read Black Water - a short story collection set in Jane Yellowrock's world. I had forgotten a lot of the major plot points and some of the main characters so this companion guide was a very timely read for me as a recap of everything that has happened in the series so far before I go on to read Black Arts.

Jane Yellowrock Companion Guide Gloss
Marta Cox
Dec 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a companion book designed to help explain the world that Jane Yellowrock lives in. Clearly it's a must for all her fans out there but it's also a fun read for those new to the series as it's full of her trademark action and humour. If you have seen or read companion books to other series then you will know what to expect but it is well worth a read.
Jane Yellowrock is a skin walker and this book gives lots of background information to both old and new readers alike. If you are a huge dieh
Marion Over
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love Jane Yellowrock you need this book. Great for a reference when you just can't remember something and don't feel like hunting through all your books because your brain isn't working today.
Jen Davis
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
I’ll admit, I am generally not a fan of companion books, but the authors manage to suck me in with well placed novellas buried inside. In this case, I heard there were stories from Bruiser’s POV and I really wanted to hear his voice. Sadly, I found the first 15% of this book to be an utter waste. It starts with an assortment of Jane quotes. Then historical bloodlines. Then a completely inane Q&A with Beast, where I couldn’t even force myself to read all the way through. I’m just going to spa ...more
Beth
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Delve deep into the bare bones of the Jane Yellowrock series with this marvelously and insightful companion guide.

In The Jane Yellowrock World Companion we are treated to a detailed list of all the Yellowrock characters, a Jane Yellowrock short story, Beasts wisdom on many topics while answering fan questions; Favorite and memorial book quotes, and a comprehensive glossary. I have to admit my favorite part of this companion was the quotes. I found myself laughing out loud as I relived some of th
Marianne
Although The Jane Yellowrock World Companion has been branded a must read by the publishers, I'd say it's more of a take it or leave it kind of book. Personally, I enjoyed parts of it immensely, especially Beast's Q & A section. Beast's world view is always enjoyable and often my favorite part of the Jane Yellowrock books. This time she's as catty as ever.

There was also a short list of Clan Pellissier's family tree. Interesting - though admittedly most for the die-hard(ish) fans.

If you're
Fangs for the Fantasy
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
I’m a big fan of Faith Hunter’s Jane Yellowrock series so when the companion came into my hands I was excited to delve into it.

Companions can be excellent additions to a series, especially a long book series, bringing together all the information of the series in one place, being a handy one stop guide to questions, elaborating on all those little elements of the series that just cannot be included in the main books but are still hinted about – they can be excellent additions. Any author writing
Rachel Vance
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this companion book, it explains what has happened in each book up to this point so if you're like me and have been reading them since they first came out this is a good refresher to get us ready for Black Arts. The short story was Jane/Beasts usual exciting tale. Lots of action with a great story, this time about some Werewolves killing people and Rick and his crew are teaming up with Jane and her team to find out what is going on and to put a stop to it. Since I have the hots
Katie
Great companion book for the series. I particularly appreciated the plot summaries of the books and short stories available! Definitely useful when the next book comes out and I can't remember what happened, or if I want to know which book to re-read to catch up on a particular part. I'd recommend this to any Jane Yellowrock fan as a treat to tide us over while we're waiting for the next installment!
Inferno Nightfire
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good short stories in this companion. Some interesting material. This was a reread. The good ones tend to be reread.
Brenda Rezk
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the two short stories from Bruiser's point-of-view and *loved* the novella. The one of the short stories takes place during the time of "Skinwalker", the other between books three and four. They are great insights into what Bruiser, and to some extent, Leo, as well, were thinking and feeling with regards to Jane at the time. I wish the stories had been longer, especially as I'm rooting for camp Bruiser. ;-)

The novella, "Beneath a Bloody Moon", was golden! This story takes place between
Mitticus
3.5 stars for Beneath a Bloody Moon (Novellete)
[Take place after Blood Trade, after the short story “The Devil’s Left Boot” in the anthology Kicking It, and before Black Arts. Before Mardi Gras.]

--------------------------------------------

-JY Companion Guide Major Character List

-First Sight - Bruiser
Torzilla
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wasn't too thrilled with all the summary stuff. Background info is cool, but I feel like that should be provided on a website as a free and fun feature for fans.

Was ready to give this book a 2 star until I read Bruiser's two mini stories. Those were fun. Gave a great insight to his character and swayed me toward the pairing I'm rooting for. Though I think I've been leaning more toward this couple for a few books now, so....

Started hoping the rest of the the ebook would be similar in nature. Ins
Jeanny
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was REALLY disappointed in the editing. It was a struggle to read any of the companion/glossary/list type portion of the book. It had serious formatting issues (duplicate terms half definitions etc) Except when it came to the short story & the preview to the 2014 release. Frustrating

I gave it two stars bc I enjoyed Bruiser's POV on Jane, it included a good short story towards the end & preview. Without that i'd have given it a 1 star & returned it.
Debrac2014
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed it! Especially the three short stories!
Ben Truong
The Jane Yellowrock World Companion is a supplemental/reference text for the Jane Yellowrock series and written by Faith Hunter. To avoid spoilers, it is best to read this anthology after Black Arts as there is a rather large preview of the book.

A large portion of the book is taken up by a brief recap of the first six books of the series (all the books published at the printing of this companion). It is a rather quick synopsis of each book and a handy tool for readers that have taken a break bet
Heather
Nov 14, 2017 rated it liked it
The gritty, sexy, and thrilling New Orleans of the Jane Yellowrock novels is about to be exposed in a whole new way. Filled with brand new, original content, this guide is a must-have for any fan.
*Delve into the history of the characters in the series, including the vampire clans.
*Get better acquainted with Jane’s inner Beast with her in-depth guide to humanity.
*Relive all the action with an essential timeline of Jane’s exploits as a vampire slayer and a comprehensive glossary of terms.
*Experie
Kris
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017-list, fiction
Annoying. I'd read all the stories already - they were published in *Blood in Her Veins* - ARGH. And why do I need summaries of the book? Every time I buy a "companion" book I'm disappointed. Yes, I did this to myself. I just wanted one more moment in her world. Read the books, skip the companion book.
Lisa Norvell
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

I really enjoyed this synopsis of Jane's stories. With a long running series it can be hard to remember details without reading them all again. This book helps you keep track of Jane's journey.
Judi S.
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this for a companion book. My memory has gotten so bad something like this is almost a must. It's wonderful that Faith Hunter knew that! I wish all series authors would do this!
Tina
Nov 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this more then I expected. I enjoyed the last short story and the snippets from bruisers pov.
Jeremy
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
The shorts are great. The rest of it is good with some good reference material for fans of the series but not quite to the level of the fiction parts.
Commentary
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very high body count in this one.
Echo
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked the stories. Didn't like Beast's interview, loved the list of recap of the whole journey.
Ash
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not what I thought it was

Meh,I wanted more bios and insight to the characters and the world. Instead it was kind of a review with a few stories in it.
Sheila Crawshaw
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beast is best.

Always an excellent read about Jane and Beast. Faith makes her characters come alive so we want to know more.
Lila
May 30, 2015 added it
Shelves: uf, ss

To be honest, this companion novel does nothing for someone like me who is binging on series: I don't need reminders of what happens.
On the other hand, I don't think I would find it particularly useful even if I read every book when they were released- I read some other long-running series like Dresden Files and didn't felt the need for recaps of every book, but it doesn't mean it's like that for everyone else.
I was mostly interested in short stories.

The Jane Yellowrock World Companion contains:
Bitten_by_Books
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to the world of Jane Yellowrock- Cherokee skinwalker/rogue vampire hunter extraordinaire. Filled with an in-depth timeline of the series to date, a character list, glossary, an interview with Beast, and new stories only found in the companion, this read immerses you in one of the best urban fantasy series on the market.

Jane Yellowrock World Companion is bar none one of the best companion guides I have ever read. Everything you expect to find in a companion is here but where it really shi
Kris
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at Bitten By Books:

Jaymie
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let me start off with pointing out that I am not usually a big fan of series companions or reference books, but this one is quite well done. This gets my "thumbs up" by being much more than a compilation of dry facts about the JY world.

The short scenes and novella were the real draw for me, but I have to admit that after a series stretches out past the first few books it gets harder and harder for me to keep track of the action, especially when I've read other series while waiting for the new re
« previous 1 3 next »
Urban Fantasy Afi...: October 2015 Series Bonus Read - The Jane Yellowrock Companion 2 7 Oct 09, 2015 06:12AM
Free Jane Yellowrock Story! 2 19 Dec 26, 2013 11:15PM

• Spider's Lullaby (Deacon Chalk: Occult Bounty Hunter #1.5)
  • A Liaden Universe® Constellation: Volume Two
  • Third Time Lucky: And Other Stories of the Most Powerful Wizard in the World
  • Were-
  • Weird New England
  • Pack of Strays (Fangborn, #2)
  • Kitty's Greatest Hits (Kitty Norville #0.1, 0.5-0.8, 1.5, 2.5, and more)
  • Five Down
  • The Morrigna (Maurin Kincaide #1)
  • Epitaph (Infected #8)
  • Third Blood (Haven, #3)
  • Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
  • Shades of Honor (Anomaly #2)
  • Tales from Harborsmouth (Ivy Granger, #0.5, #1.5, #2.5, #5.5)
  • In Morningstar's Shadow: Dominion of the Fallen Stories (Dominion of the Fallen, #0.5)
  • #NaNoWri War Z, Hugh Howey Must Die
  • Blood Prophecy (Sons of Navarus, #4)
  • Shades of Memory (Diamond City Magic, #4)
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

Her Rogue Mage novels—Bloodring, Seraphs, Host, and the RPG Rogue Mage—feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic alternate reality.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal

Jane Yellowrock (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1)
  • Blood Cross (Jane Yellowrock, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, #4)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Blood Trade (Jane Yellowrock, #6)
  • Black Arts (Jane Yellowrock, #7)
  • Broken Soul (Jane Yellowrock, #8)
  • Dark Heir (Jane Yellowrock, #9)
  • Shadow Rites (Jane Yellowrock, #10)