Start by marking “Parrots and Popcorn” as Want to Read:
Parrots and Popcorn

Parrots and Popcorn

4.72  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
For her birthday, Kara wants a ton of popcorn, a real magic show, and a puppy of her very own. That isn’t what Kara is getting. Her brother is going to do some silly tricks in front of her friends, then pull some silly presents out of his magic hat.

The night before her party, Kara finds her brother’s magic hat and tries a few tricks of her own. Will she ever learn how to
Published April 1st 2013 by Brenda Kearns

To ask other readers questions about Parrots and Popcorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parrots and Popcorn

Uvi Poznansky
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The opening sentences of Parrots And Popcorn set the story in motion, by giving a motive to the actions of the little girl: "For her birthday, Kara wanted popcorn, a real magic show, and a pet of her very own. That wasn't what Kara was getting."

Her brother volunteers to do some silly tricks in front of her friends, which would no doubt make a mockery of her expectations. So Kara wonders: What is it that makes his tricks so silly? It is the magic hat itself that is faulty, or the way he chants th
Autumn
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received this book to give an honest review.

I love Brenda Kearns writing. She has a way of getting kids to laugh especially with the animals. This review is going to be a bit different as my son who is 7 is going to give his part in the review. I really wanted to give this book a 5 star rating being as the story was terrific, but I would have like to have seen more pictures. So instead of a 4 star rating I am going to give it 4.5 stars since the storyline was wonderful.

Now my son really enjoye
Tony Parsons
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kara wanted buttered popcorn, a real magic show, & a pet for her birthday. Her brother Trevor has a magical hat. She finds it, says the magic words & a beautiful parrot appeared as did lots/lots of popcorn. She tried the magical hat again, low/behold a puppy.

A very awesome book cover, great, pictures, font & writing style. A very well written delightful fun-filled children’s tale (book). It was very easy to read/follow from start/finish & never a dull moment. No grammar errors,
Kandy Scaramuzzo
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Parrots and Popcorn Pop off The Page!
I was gifted this book for an honest review.
This is a delightful little picture book. The illustrations are large and colorful. The artist is totally in tune with the story line of the book. The brightly colored pictures are sure to thrill the small ones that would make up the audience of this book.
The story starts with a child, like most not happy with what she has or will get. (Must be a sign of the times) She begins to imagine how things could be if she
Barbara Ann
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story for toddlers and preschoolers. Kara has three wishes for her birthday....some popcorn, a magic show, and a pet of her own. Unfortunately, all she will get is her brother performing some magic tricks with a hat. for some of her friends. Kara is determined to make some magic of her own. In doing so, she goes through a process of trial and error which leads to very unexpected consequences. Has Kara made a complete mess of things or will she achieve her expectations?

I think that
Daniel
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Never give up when nothing seems to go the way you hoped it would!

When you're not going to get the birthday present or party you expected, make the best of it. Who knows, with a bit of luck and a lot of magic you might be getting more than you were hoping for. Lucky for the readers, the girl in the book is fast in reacting to the new situations, and manages to solve the problems in an as funny way as they were created to start with!

A book that will brighten up your day and that of your children,
Angela Lambkin
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I give this book"Parrots and Popcorn" five stars for such a sweet,touching and lovely dog and his boy and how
the dog that was a bulldog finally found a way to smile back to his boy and make the both of them happy!
I really liked this short dog story! And I think anyone who loves such a touching dog and his master who really seemed to love and care for one another deeply would enjoy this whether young or old should enjoy this,really? Yes? I received this book free
in exchange for the free book I a
Yara Hab
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love reading children's books. The title of this book automatically draws you, it's content is quite appealing with cute illustrations. One thing I would recommend though, is to have the illustrations above the writing on the same page as children can look at the writing and gain an understanding through the pictures.

Overall, a great imaginative story for kids.
Yara
Melissa
Jul 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book! Both the story and illustrations held my kids attention. There is no higher praise that I can give than to say all three of my boys loved it (4,7,8). One has Aspergers and fell in love with the book and has read it several times now!
Elsbeth
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another yummy (with loads of popcorn) book by this wonderful writer! Nice, magical story; children will love it!
Thanks again, Branda Kearns, for another great book!
Brenda Kearns
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sabad
Nov 16, 2013
Brenda Kearns
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Petra Cross
Rhonda
Nov 07, 2013
AGOSSOU
Mar 14, 2018
Brenda writes health articles for Woman's World and First for Women magazines, and she covers everything from herbal remedies to medical breakthroughs. Brenda is also a proud member of the Humor Writers of America (yep, HA) and the Romance Writers of America, and she writes humor and romantic comedy, plus fiction for kids and young adults.

Brenda lives in Ontario, Canada, with her seven kids, two c
More about Brenda Kearns