Start by marking “Torn (Torn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Torn (Torn, #1)

Torn (Torn #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  15,737 Ratings  ·  1,054 Reviews
Chloe hasn't had the best life. With a mother who is gone more often than not, she has had to raise herself. After graduating high school, she leaves to start a new life away at West Virginia University with her best friends Amber and Logan, determined to leave her demons in the past.

On her first day, she meets a stranger who takes her breath away at first sight. Until sh
Published September 3rd 2013 by Atria Books (first published January 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Charlize Ulloa yes there kind of is. but youll have to read and see...

axola
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
At one point Chloe is having a conversation with Drake about her mum and says:

" under the influence, she would kill me as soon as she'd look at me"

While reading it I was thinking: " oh, please, please... do it. End my misery"

I didn't even need the Mr. Maddox reference to know the author had read " Beautiful disaster". I could imagine her re-reading it while writing this book and trying to recreate that magic, but she failed miserably.

The book is written from Chloe's POV. She and her 2 friend
Christy

photo 0c23f47f-fd5a-4fe7-a5c6-8ed2abfe43d9_zps0ce4d4d4.jpg

3.5-4 Stars

WARNING:
LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!!!!!!

Okay- I have a love/hate relationship with love triangles. Most of the time, I hate them, other times, they don’t bother me so much... this one got to me a bit... Lets meet Chole, Drake, and Logan...

photo 1ab7a2fc-b79e-483f-a85b-c56f214dc178_zps2626f96c.jpg

photo 83b346f4-62ea-499e-8d02-40fa2c27bc84_zpse49e6f91.jpg

photo 150625c2-2d71-4e36-93be-694450bd9b18_zpsc60edbd3.jpg

Chloe is a freshman in college. She has had a rough upbringing- her mother is all kinds of crazy and her ‘real family’ consists her two best friends, Logan and Amber. They are all 3 going to the same college. On her first day of class, she meets Drake.
.Lili.
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[image error]

The story begins off w./ Chloe starting college with her best friends Amber and Logan. While at college, Chloe meets tattooed singer Drake. While Chloe and Drake's friendship and feelings grow; her childhood friend Logan confesses his own feelings for her. She feels torn between the two men. Drake, whom she feels an instant connection to; Logan, who has always been her champion. When she's ready to make a decision, Drake makes it for her and tells her she's better off w./ Logan. Sh
Sleepy
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ok i just bought it and i love the line with Mr.Maddox, is that referring to a certain sexy Travis Maddox!!?:)

First off let me say congrats to my goodread friend for this awesome book i really enjoyed it!! Onto my review
I was going back and forth on my rating 4.5 or 5 really for the sole fact of her crying so much or tearing up but thinking more on it that really isn't enough it was definitely a 5!
Ok so this reminded me of 3 of my favorite books, Easy, Beautiful Disaster, and of course Thoughtle
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
4.5 glowing stars. Loved it!! It reminded me so much of Thoughtless which is one of my favorite books. A good love triangle is always full of drama and angst. This one had it all. After reading the end I am ready for book two now. I wouldn't call it a huge cliffhanger however the scene it left was a must be continued. Great book.. a must read.
Vanya D.
If you thought you'd pick up this book because it sounded as good as Abbi Glines's books, or Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Maguire or perhaps Rule by Jay Crownover.... well, let me say this: DON'T. You'd be left disappointed.

The book lacks any sort of plot. Like, completely. Besides the girl (Chloe) falling instantly for a boy(Drake) who she just saw, and then going back and forth from sleeping with him to sleeping with her best friend(Logan), there's absolutely nothing. I thought there would at l
Rose
Initial reaction: I think the long and short I want to say with this book is that this is pretty much every formulaic New Adult title you would expect it to be in one smorgasboard. And honestly that's sad because I don't know if there was one ounce of creativity to be had in this story, more like derivations of about a dozen other titles with unremarkable leads and frustrating, trivial expansions.

More expansion on this to come in the longer review.

Full review:

I could relate the irony in that at
J *deep in the heart of Texas*
Hallelujah! I finished! I think I should get a gold star or something. Unfortunately I had a really hard time with this one. I HATE love triangles and cheating.

Chloe has grown up with little to no parental support (other than Amber's family). She comes to college with her BFFs Amber and Logan. Her first day there she meets Drake--hot, bad-boy, rocker Drake. She's immediately attracted to him and he's immediately attracted to her. But guess what??!?! So is her BFF Logan--SHOCKER!!!

Drake tells h
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Such a shame I had way too much hope for this book. I loved the Drake and hated Chloe.

Drake, a hot pierced and tattooed guy in rock band- what could go wrong? Nothing, he was perfect. Expect he is kinda damaged and is the worst kind of man-whore I have seen. Seriously, who keeps left over knickers and bra in his closet still even for a man-whore?

photo 908fde6be24bba019794fe1272c31c4a.jpg

Drake is so sex on legs.

" You know baby, if you wanted to get on top of me all you had to do was ask"
"Stick that tongue out at me again and see what h
Taryn

*sigh* A Kellan Kyle wannabe...

On one hand, I was glued to my kindle. On the other hand, the book lacked so much that I can't even believe I finished it.

I was curious to see where this story would take me. I'm a sucker for love triangles. Big time sucker. I absolutely love them so I jump on those books asap when I find them. And Torn is just that. So imagine my excitement when I came across it only for it to go downhill quickly.

To be blatantly honest (when am I not?), Torn is a watered down vers
Suzana
Mar 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just have no more patience for love triangle stories ... when a girl doesn't know who she wants ... and goes back and forth between them ... and at the end everybody gets hurt ...
Jacqueline's Reads
3.5 Stars

Ug, this is a hard review. I started Torn with a 5 star rating. The beginning reminded me a lot like Easy, so I was pretty happy. Towards middle to middle-end, things turned sour for me.

It’s Chloe’s first year of college and she has her two best friends to keep her company, Logan and Amber. Drake is Mr. Bad-boy with pricings, tattoos and all. Chloe notices Drake in class and instantly forms a crush. However, with crazy friendship issues, Drake’s un-committed attitude towards relationshi
StScho
Lowdown: Chloe is a freshman in college along with her best friend Logan and Amber. Here is where she meets bad boy rocker and man whore extraordinaire Drake. It was lust at first sight (nice). He lusts at first sight back (even better). Then, Chloe finds out that Logan (her best friend since high school) has been in love with her the whole time.

Screeeccchhhh! What?

I’m all for love triangles. I have been living off of them for a while now. One of my favorite shows, Haven, has an ongoing one in b
Megan
Feb 02, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
OK this was just bad! I don't even know where to begin. it was definitely rushed and there were SO MANY grammatical errors. The characters weren't very developed and the chemistry between them was lacking. Why is Chloe in love with Drake again? Because he's "hot"? Not really. Drake has no depth; we know nothing about him besides the fact that he's in a band and is a womanizing man whore. And Logan was just awful. He really didn't treat Chloe very well. But it's not like she really deserved to ha ...more
I truly enjoyed this book, although I wish I would've paid closer to the Name of the book and the synopsis, because then I wouldn't have been shocked to read that this is a love triangle. I am not a huge fan of love triangles, most of those books are just a bunch of excess drama. For some reason this book wasn't like that. Yes there was drama but the whole book wasn't filled with it. I like the build of Chloe and Drake's friendship. I also liked her friendship with Logan. I felt both guys were s ...more
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
"I constantly see posts on Facebook and Twitter regarding .99 cent sales on eBooks. I understand that everyone is on a budget. Trust me, I get it. But if you truly love an author's work, don't wait and hope they'll drop the price. Support them."

I feel like this author is trying to guilt readers into not buying 99¢ ebooks, and that rubs me the wrong way. If you don't make enough from 99¢ cents, fine, don't list them at that price. You have a family to feed and bills to pay. I get that. But don't
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Gosh, what a two timing hobag! At first you want to feel so sorry for her, her mom being on drugs and all having to be raised by the rich lawyer and doctor, having everything practically handed it to her by them..and she still wants more.
She's been best friends with Logan for a long time.. her, Amber and Logan are at at WVU when she notices Drake..
Drake your typical want to be rocker, with the groupies isn't ready for a relationship so out of spite she sleeps with her best friend Logan once.. g
Mayu
Tenía muchísimas ganas de leer Torn, esa portada me tiene completamente enamorada. Y después abrí sus páginas, y me encontré completamente enganchada a ella.

description

K. A. Robinson escribe jodidamente bien, me encanta su pluma, creo que es lo mejor de esta novela. Su forma de escribir es fresca, divertida, dolorosa, amena, y tiene algo... increíble.

Lo malo es la trama y los protagonistas de esta novela.

Torn empezó maravillosamente bien, pero después fue cuesta abajo. Estaba decidida a tener paciencia
Juhina
My feelings are summed up in one GIF:

description

Mini Review:
Torn, along with its sequel, Twist were sent to me by Atria almost two months ago. I was so excited to pick up this new adult series because I have read such amazing reviews of it and also because Atria sent me one of my all time favorite New Adult books "The Sea of Tranquility". Unfortunately Torn was a horrendous experience. The plot lines, the characters, and their relationships were so shallow and fake that I couldn't even make myself believe
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
OK... tired as can be, but read it through basically in one sitting. Solid 4♥'s, and even a dash extra. New Adult romance that covers similar themes to Thoughtless. Not the same, just similar. But then again, it has a bad boy, tattooed, pierced rock-n-roll god AND a melt-your-panties boy-next-door hottie. Eye candy all over the damn place.

Why the four stars, you may ask. It is it's own book, it's not the same basic story re-hashed in a slightly different way, but the themes are not as unique. I
Laura (Blame it on the Rain Reviews)
I am finally out of my book funk and its all thanks to this book!

A cross between Beautiful Disaster, Easy, and Bound Together ~ need I say more?! The writing style was completely engaging, the story was uncomplicated and addictive, with just the right amount of angst which I love so much. I haven’t felt this way about a book in what feels like a long time ~ I shouted at my iPad when I was frustrated, grinned like a fool when things were going the way I wanted, and really didn’t want it to end!

Ah
Becky
Jan 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Chloe finds herself sitting next to the hottie of all hotties her first day of college. She is immediately attracted to him. But she does her best to ignore him and the way he makes her feel. That is until one night as she is leaving a party where his band performed. Her heel gets caught in a crack one the sidewalk and she takes an ungrateful like tumble. Drake's band just happens to be outside packing up and he ends up helping her out.

They quickly become friends and I see it heading in
Pick a Book
3.5 stars.
It was good. It looks like "Thoughtless" sometimes, but I enjoyed it. It's a good book, and I loved Drake and Logan. But I think Chloe was to damn uncertain of what she was doing. I think she was waaay too dramatic. She could solved her problems but I think the story got soooooo circling, prolonging what shouldn't take that long. I didn't enjoyed the time passing. She was all sad and then it passed 3 weeks or 2 months and looked like she was ok. The problem looks like it was not impor
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Maybe if I had a delorean. A delorean and a flux capacitor…….obviously

My new years resolution was to try and read more books. Books I might have missed the first time around. As a reviewer, often times we tend to get bogged down with new releases or the next big release. Once we miss a new book, it's gone. We tend to only move forward. Well, this year I'm allowing myself to move back.

Unfortunately, my new philosophy might have been Torn's downfall.

Maybe if I had read Torn back in 2012 when it w
Lily Rose
Jan 17, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
If you've read this author's teasers you know she writes with passion. So if you'd like another SWEATY teaser (quoting here ^^) you may like her facebook page here..she'll post a new one at 200 and plus likes... https://www.facebook.com/#!/KARobinso...

Come on! You know what you can get after having read the posted teasers!
Tammy  Zautner
4.5 Stars

First, I want to say I have read some of the other reviews that have compared Torn to Thoughtless and I guess I just do not see the whole shebang. Were there some resemblances, well yeah. Did it take away from the story K.A. Robinson wrote, not at all. Did I feel like I was reading Kellan again in a more generic form...to be perfectly honest, no I did not. Yes, I noticed the similarities, but for me personally, I found Drake, Chloe and Logan worked. They stood out on their own. I would
Amanda
May 29, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: New Adult Fans
Why do I keep doing this to myself? Next time I decide to pick up a New Adult book, I’ll have someone hit me in the head. Hard. Probably repeatedly until I get it, New Adult is more often than not bad.

Characters
So, that said, this book is the typical New Adult book. One either rich or lost girl. In this case, she’s a lost girl, troubled from her past. She’s also completely unaware of how good she looks. Add ignorant about how more or less eery guy wants her and/or love her. There you have her,
Michelle
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Drake. Oh.My.God. Drake. Deliciously smexy!

Cliffhanger - yes, but don't fret; a choice is made before the end :)

I felt at times that I was reading a variation of Thoughtless at times. You have Chloe the nice girl with a bad past who arrives at college with her two best friends Amber and Logan. Logan is the perfect guy on paper. Her best friend who has always been there for her - but has always held deeper feelings for her than friendship. But she meets the dark, bad-boy rock star Drake on her f
Reading is my Time Out
Wow.... I am writing this review in a total raw emotional state!! This book had me laughing, crying, royally pissed, and heartbroken all at the same time!! I found myself wanting to jump into the book to either give a hug, high five, or a punch in the throat!! Whew... It has been a while since I read a book that could perform that kind of emotional surgery on my heart and soul!

K. A. Robinson did an amazing job at setting the tone that could allow the characters to go either way with whom they wo
Jenn
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BR w/Bethany,Jennifer,JoJo

This was a very quick, enjoyable, fast paced book. Torn can definitely be read in one day.

This book dealt with 3 college students who find themselves caught up in a love triangle. Chloe finds herself torn between her BFF Logan and new classmate Rock singer Drake. Logan is safe, protective and secretly in love with Chloe for years. Well, everyone knows it but her... so it's only a secret to her. Where as Drake, the Rock singing womanizer, falls for Chloe and he doesn't even know what hit
Wearing someone else's underwear 14 173 Oct 24, 2014 03:56PM
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend, #1)
  • The Upside of Letting Go
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #2)
  • Chasing Leah (Journey, #1)
  • Everything Changes
  • Tasting Never (Tasting Never, #1)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • A Terrible Love (A Terrible Love, #1)
  • Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me, #1)
  • Breathe into Me (Breathe into Me, #1)
  • Falling into You (Falling into You, #1)
  • Sometimes Never (Sometimes Never, #1)
  • Rocked Under (Rocked, #1)
  • Yes to Everything
  • Fight or Flight (Fight or Flight, #1)
  • Up in Flames
  • Deeper We Fall (Fall and Rise, #1)

Torn (5 books)
  • Twisted (Torn, #2)
  • Tainted (Torn, #3)
  • Toxic: Logan's Story (Torn, #4)
  • Tamed (Torn, #5)

“I jumped at the sound of Drake's voice. "You scared the crap out of me! Where did you come from?"
He raised his eyebrows, "From what I learned in Anatomy, I came from my Mother. But if you are refering to just now, through the door.”
47 likes
“Before you tripped right into my life I would have said the same thing. But there’s something different about you. I don’t know what it is, but it wants to make me change every bad thing about myself.” 31 likes