Start by marking “Blackbrooke II: The Guardian” as Want to Read:
Blackbrooke II: The Guardian

Blackbrooke II: The Guardian

(Blackbrooke Trilogy #2)

Liberty’s fight continues.

After she had discovered the truth behind ‘walk outs’ in her hometown of Blackbrooke and forced to sacrifice her best friend, Liberty Connor thought she was finally free.

But her nightmare was only just beginning.

Taken to the Institute, a research facility dedicated to Blackbrooke, Liberty finds herself under the watchful eye of sinister Blackbroo
Kindle Edition
Published June 7th 2013 by Crooked Cat Publishing (first published June 3rd 2013)

Start your review of Blackbrooke II: The Guardian
Emma Silver
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, I am going to say that aren't I? ;-) ...more
a_tiffyfit
Review to come on/near June 10th. 4.5 stars, rounding up to 5. YOU BROKE MY HEART, MS. SILVER.
*********************************
4.75 stars and rounding up to 5. This is a sequel obviously as it is titled Blackbrooke II. If you would like to know what I thought of Blackbrooke, please CLICK HERE. Unlike my other reviews, this one is probably going to have spoilers. I will try very hard to edit this over and over to try and eliminate them, but I just don’t know at this point. I just finished reading
Allison (Rally the Readers)
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, paranormal
Also posted on Rally the Readers.

* A copy was provided by the author for review.

The ending of the first installment of the Blackbrooke series truly left my head spinning. I was teased with the sweet promise of closure and justice only to have that ripped away from me. I had to wait in suspense to find out what happened to Liberty and the rest of the gang. Blackbrooke II: The Guardian was no better when it came to rewarding the reader with answers and compensation for all the emotional trauma he
Ellen
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, blog-tours
Follow the rules and don't walk out at night are the difference between life and death in the town of Blackbrooke.......
Book one synopsis: “I live in Blackbrooke and you would have had to be living under a rock to never have heard of it before now. This town is different to most others…Humans aren’t the only residents…”
The residents of Blackbrooke share their town with the Creatures, or Crits as they are known. Grotesque, roaming the streets at night looking for food, their presence means humans
Caro [The Book Rogue]
Cover: Nah, not a fan of this one. I loved the first Blackbrooke cover, it was kinda fascinating. The second.. well, it's for the horror fans. I guess this one is, too. Not so my thing.

Framework: In the first installment, the concept of a town sharing life with grotesque monsters and the rules they had to abide by were already fascinating. I loved it. This second installment was more about the Institute, what it does and the heads that lead it. What they tried to find there was by far more shock
Lee (Rally the Readers)
Also posted on Rally the Readers.

* A copy was provided by the author for review.

Liberty Connor and her trusty, Crit-slaying axe are back, and I was very happy to see them both. Horror is a genre I don’t read too often due to being a gigantic chicken, but I really enjoyed the first Blackbrooke . Emma Silver has a way of writing horror that gives me a severe case of the creeps yet eager to read more of it.

Blackbrooke II: The Guardian continues in the scary footsteps of its predecessor. I loved
Chelsea (Starbucks & Books Obsession)
*Warning: If you haven't read the first Blackbrooke book, this review may contain a few spoilers*

Blackbrooke II was even more thrilling and mysterious than the first book. This book had less romance and more thrill. Liberty was the focus of this book as she works to discover what the institute is up to and why they have taken her and Cassius.

Liberty was even more badass in this book than the first one. I felt like she really grew as a character and was so much more outspoken and bold. While she
Julie
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Guardian continues the tale of Liberty Connor and the town of Blackbrooke. We pick up where we left off with Liberty surviving her encounter with the Queens and being taken to the Institute. Whilst there she is tormented by Mr Jones, constantly being questioned about what went on that night when she handed over Cassius. Everyone is desperate to know how four of the Queens ended up dead and how she and Cassius survived.

I'm not going to over-do the review, I don't want to give away too much ab
David Eccles
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After the cliffhanger at the end of the first book, I just had to purchase this second volume in Emma Silver's marvellous trilogy to find out what happens next.
I really don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but I will say that the reader will not be disappointed, as Emma Silver builds on the action and the suspense created in the first volume of Blackbrooke.
There are reunions to be had, dark secrets to be revealed, well-sprung surprises, and lots more to learn about not only the Crits, but of
Catherine
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I Say?? WOW!! Just as Fantastic as The First!!! When Is the Next One Expected?? :):)))
Alana
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great read, I couldnt put it down!! I will be waiting impatiently for the next chapter!!
Will Wortner
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Quick Review

Let me start by saying, this book blew me away. I mean like shotgun to the chest/ twister in Kansas kind of power. The first chapter of Blackbrooke II was so strong, I put the book down after reading it so I could catch my breath and calm down a little. I would dare say it was the best first chapter I ever read.

Blackbrooke II took horror to a different level than the first novel. Emma Silver’s writing was stronger and much more polished for this book. I was impressed by the amoun
Atmika

I loved Blackbrooke when I read it and I didn't think that the sequel could live up to the first book. But, was I wrong or what? If possible this book is even better. There is more mystery, more thrill. It's a page-turner and will have you on the edge of your seat, biting your nail and praying that there are no crits behind you.

There are so many horrifying scenes in the book like Liberty's nightmare. That was just plain disgusting and disturbing. I had to keep my kindle away then and focus on h
Tina
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a cliffhanger. This is the second book in the series and it is even better than the first. It had me on the edge of my seat from the first page until the last. Just when you think you have figured out what will happen next, another twist to this story comes in to play. I could not put this book down and had to read it in one sitting. The characters in this book are amazing. You have your heroes, your villains and your puns. What else would you ever want in a trilling and entertaining b ...more
Katherine
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. A lot of answers are starting to come out and the more that come out, the more i get irritated by one thing. Maybe this is my constant reading of sci fi / paranormal / etc fiction...but why can't they kill somebody? I won't go into details so as to avoid any spoilers, but I am telling you there were several times in the book that I thought "Just pull the trigger, for God's sake! The world will be better off."

But the story continues to unwind and I am really enjoying t
S.b. Mann
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
listened on Kindle text to speech in just two days and loved it all. Now I'm just frustrated that Ive got to wait for part three.
Even more horrific than 1 but filled with the same personal interactions and emotions intrigue. Love that the books are set in UK and loved the social and political references, which give and added depth without being preachy.
Sara Griffin
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I cannot wait for the third!! I received the first book as an unedited advanced copy, I LOVED it so much I bought the actual kindle version as well as Blackbrook II. Great read!
Ali
Andy James
Jun 02, 2013
Sukhchain No'nonsence
Jun 07, 2013
Emma was born and raised in Manchester, England.

Blackbrooke is her debut young adult horror novel after spending many years honing her skills drafting short stories and devouring horror through the ages from R.L. Stine’s Goosebumps collection through to Stephen King.

Blackbrooke is the Part I of the Blackbrooke Trilogy.

Emma is also the author of a semi-biographical account of her dad’s years in a

Blackbrooke Trilogy (3 books)
  • Blackbrooke