Start by marking “Baring It All” as Want to Read:
Baring It All

Baring It All

(Jepstow 0.5)

Megan Frampton turns up the heat on one bride-to-be and her oblivious bridegroom in this steamy and scandalous eBook original novella of Regency romance.

It is with great discretion that this columnist discusses the sensitive topic of undergarments. Some ladies, it seems, do not pay strict attention to what they wear under their gowns. A crucial error, my ladies.

Lady Vio
Published June 24th 2013 by Loveswept (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Baring It All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baring It All

Caz
I think the best thing I can say about this short story is that it had no pretentions to be anything other than it was - which is basically an extended sex-scene.

Violet has been in love with Christian for years, but he never noticed her until one day out of the blue, he proposed to her. So now they're engaged, but she is worried that her bookish fiancé doesn't really see her and that he's not even aware of her as a woman.

So she decides to try to seduce him, and they end up shagging each others'
Beth
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lord Christian has asked Lady Violet to be his wife but it seems the request was made out of obligation and not passion. In an attempt to see if there is any possibility for passion in her upcoming marriage the innocent Lady Violet makes a very indecent proposal. She will strip for Christian, only in the name of research for a article, to help him see the advantages of a woman’s undergarments.

Baring It All goes from sexually analytical to explosive in 5 seconds flat. A well written short story,
Daisy Sloan
This review will appear at Romantic Historical Lovers

Baring it All is the short story of Christian and Victoria. They’re betrothed but lacking in the passion department. Christian has decided that passion is a distraction, so he plans to compartmentalize his life and passion does not belong in his marriage.

Victoria has loved Christian for years. But not matter what, she wants passion her life. She has a plan to see if passion can exist between her and Christian. If there can’t be any passion, sh
Shannon   The Romance Addict!
Short and sweet novella that gets straight to the point!

Lady Violet is engaged to Lord Christian. He kinda keeps her at a distance like she more of a obligation (no kissing or touches). Before she can commit her life and marry him for forever she wants to make sure Christian feels something for her besides just an convenient bride . She want to see if he has Passion for her. I like Lady Violet she seems sweet and like she really loves Christian. She just doesn't want to marry him if he doesn't r
Peita
Jul 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Rae Alley
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lady Violet wants to have a marriage full of passion, and has been in love with her betrothed for a while. However, his academic pursuits have him hoping that this marriage to a family friend will be a polite affair that will not distract him. Lucky for her, her friend has left Christian with a task that requires a bit of help – writing about ladies foundations and the importance of these pieces to appropriate attire for the well to do lady. The academic gentleman agrees to a bit of research in ...more
Zena
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very short but really good story with a newly engaged young lady seducing her cold fish of a fiancé who proposed and then ignored her.
This was quite a hot seduction but it really had some very amusing moments and I enjoyed reading it and can recommend it.
Lynn Spencer
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This isn't so much a novella as it is an extended sex scene. However, as love scenes go I. Romance, this one isn't bad. I like the author's style, but think I'd prefer something with more extensive storytelling.
Katie_la_geek
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it

For this review and more visit my blog

Baring it all is a short and sweet novella, the problem is that at 36 pages there was not all that much to enjoy or review.

Violet is engaged to marry her best friend’s brother Christian, a man she has been in love with for a very long time. She should be happy that she is to marry the man of her dreams except for the fact that Christian barely notices her and has never even kissed her. One night Violet goes to his home alone to find out once and for all if C
Marlene
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

Hot, short, cute, frothy.

I get the feeling this is a prequel novella for the author’s upcoming What Not To Bare, since the characters in this one are a) baring everything and b) the excuse is the secret authorship of an advice column “What Not to Bare” that is normally written by the hero’s sister. Of course she’s writing under a pen name too.

The pseudonym of of a pseudonym.

The column is about women’s underwear, and the hero shouldn’t be writing it in the f
Tin
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
This is a short story that continues Megan Frampton's novel, What Not to Bare and features Charlotte's brother, Christian who is engaged to be married to their childhood friend, Violet. Violet believes that Christian only proposed out of a sense of obligation to their families and she's despairing that she's about to shackle herself to a man who doesn't desire her.

When Christian is in a bind regarding ladies underwear, Violet sees an opportunity to help -- and, maybe discover the degree of Chr
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

This is probably going to be one of my shortest review, because this is really short novella. However, it an entertaining read. I actually liked Baring It All by Megan Frampton.

I really don't want to go into too much detail, because it is a short read. However, the story focuses on Lady Violet and Lord Christian Jepstow. They are betrothed to be married, but Violet isn't having doubts. She has good reason to, after all Christian is going into this marriage for a practi
Fiona Marsden
Jul 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a really cute short novella about a bride to be who is madly in love with her future husband, but he seems to be totally oblivious to her.

Violet has been in love with her BFF's brother Christian forever. When he asked her to marry him it seemed all her dreams had come true. Except he didn't even give her a betrothal kiss and he ignores her.

Christian knows how distracting women can be. His youthful indiscretions taught him that. So he decided to deal with the problem logically, by marryin
Jaclyn
I'm not sure that this one can be accurately described as a novella - it was a very short read, more of a teaser really. Lady Violet is engaged to her friend's brother, Lord Christian; however, she's having some misgivings since her fiance doesn't pay her that much attention. As much as she wants to marry Christian, Violet doesn't want to be a neglected wife. Violet decides to take matters into her own hands and seduce Christian.

Despite the fact that this one was very short, I enjoyed it. I foun
Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch)
Christian is writing a column about ladies undergarments and he needs a subject for research. Violet, whom happens to be his betrothed and in the right place at the right time, volunteers to assist in his research. This is the perfect opportunity for Innocent Violet to challenge Christian’s passion.

It was ok for a very short 36 page novella. Its probably a 2 1/2 star read for me. We get to peak in on a “moment” that Violet and Christian have and it’s a very hot and sexy moment. There were some
Kimberly
Jun 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Yummy!

Short, sweet and straight to the point! This Regency romance is a one-scene interplay between a boy -girl couple who have grown up living next door to one another and are now betrothed. She's a bit cheeky and daring and in love with him, while he is all good-looking, well-muscled man, somewhat ambivalent to her and far too bookish to be betrothed. She opens his eyes, thank goodness!

Short and sweet and to the point! More like a short story than novella. Sweet characters and cute premise of
Vi
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013

This is really a vignette in the lives of Lady Violet and Lord Christian. Violet has been in love with Christian she was ten. When it was deemed the time to get married, Christian proposed to Violet.
They have never even kissed. Violet ceases an opportunity to change this when she agrees to help Christian help his sister write an article for his sister's column. The article is about ladies' undergarments, naturally.
Just go along with the premise and enjoy this short, sexy story. Of cour
Patty McKenna Van Hulle
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Baring It All (Short Story): A Loveswept Historical Romance Megan Frampton

I love to find new authors and I just read Megan Frampton's novella. She placed a betrothed couple in a locked study and turn up the heat. Christian is a man with his head in books, languages and mathematics. Violet is a passionate woman and thinks her betrothed does not see her as a woman. Christian's sister leaves him with a newspaper column to write about ladies underclothes and Violet volunteer to be his research. This
Farrah
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very sweet, very hot, and very cute. In other words, Baring it All was a wonderful historical romance novella!

I'm going to keep this short, because this novella was only 36 pages long.

Both character were wonderful. Violet was likable and her antics had me laughing.
Christian was so perfect. Very intelligent and somewhat distracted because of that. But, when something does catch his attention...I won't say any more ;)

The heat was sizzling and the romance was sweet. Brilliantly done.

Cute story. I l
Yazmin
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Baring It All by Megan Frampton is a hot, fun and hot read. Lady Violet has been the best friend of Christian Jepstow’s young sister for a long time. For that reason alone she knows that Christian is interested in women. Her problem is that he doesn’t seem to realize that she happens to be a woman, yes he may have asked for her hand in marriage, but he has not laid a finger or even kissed her once. She loves him very much but she cannot enter a marriage without mutual love or passion. And so she ...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to say this is the first historical erotica I have ever read and what a hot piece it was. It started with such a sweetness and started to smolder until it was a hot burn. Christian was such a cold fish to Violet that you would never guess that they he even knew her as his sister’s friend let alone his fiancé. Violet comes up with a plan to make sure that Christian is really even aware that she is a woman and that he is anywhere near even liking her let along loving her. Let me tell you do ...more
Carol
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brief but amusing

Extremely short story. It feels like at least the encounter should be a little more fully described, and perhaps more attention given to the time from when they were alone until the time they were lying on the couch--even though from that point on it was quite hot.
Rebecca
Pure smut, but that's all right and for what it is, this isn't bad. I haven't yet read the full related book 'What Not to Bare' though, although both were on a watchlist, this simply happened to be cheap so I bought and read it, it may be that I should already know the characters but I don't think it matters.
Mary Larsen
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good short story

I found d this story not only romantic but humorous as well. What woman has not had to go to drastic measures to wake their man up, and show t h email how good they have got it!!!
Mariel Hoss
Jun 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and sassy. A short story detailing what lengths one intrepid miss will go to to prove that passion does exist in her proper engagement to a cooperating lord. This read is more like taking a snapshot of an amorous dalliance from a peephole.
SuperWendy
Jan 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this short story quite a bit. It's a quick read (well, obviously) with a light, frothy tone and a steamy love scene. It also whet my appetite for the author's full-length historical, What Not To Bare, which I downloaded shortly after finishing this story.
Kame
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this novella as I wanted to try a Regency Historical without a ton of commitment.

This was short - even for a novella.

The writing was great - not sure if the time period is for me

Gonna ponder it some more and write more of a review tonight
Linda
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
Christian Jepstow is the brother of Charlotte Jepstow, the main character in What Not to Bare. He meets his match with his fiance Violet. She wanted sexual adventure prior to their marriage and Christian is willing to satisfy her.
Ellen W-S
Wowsa! Fanning myself...Short quick and the hottest historical fiction piece I have read in a very long time! Hooray for a woman who takes charge of her future!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Perks of Being a Beauty (Ugly Ducklings, #3.5)
  • A Devil's Touch (The Devil DeVere #4.5)
  • A Lady's Pleasure
  • The Reluctant Countess
  • Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)
  • Seize the Night
  • Highland Quest (The Fraser Brothers Trilogy #2)
  • Lady Ann's Excellent Adventure
  • Captain Durant's Countess (The London List, #2)
  • Hot Under the Collar (Lords of Lancashire #2)
  • Seducing Charlotte (Accidental Peers, #1)
  • Her Gentleman Thief
  • Simply Scandalous (House of Pleasure, #9)
  • Tempting a Devil (The Saint’s Devils, #2)
  • A Most Scandalous Proposal
  • To Dare the Duke of Dangerfield (Wicked Wagers, #1)
  • Some Like It Wicked (Daring Duchesses, #1)
  • Scandal at Dawn (Regency Rhapsody, #2)
Megan Frampton's love affair with books began when her parents moved her to a remote town in New Hampshire where there was only one television station. And then the TV broke. She devoured every book of fiction in her well-read parents' library, finding special joy in Georgette Heyer and the fairy tales collected and translated by Andrew Lang. Megan majored in English literature at Barnard College ...more

Jepstow (1 books)