Start by marking “The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)

The Last Ever After

(The School for Good and Evil #3)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  14,029 Ratings  ·  1,486 Reviews
In the epic next chapter of Soman Chainani’s New York Times bestselling series, The School for Good and Evil, everything old is new again as Sophie and Agatha fight the past as well as the present to find the perfect end to their story.

As A World Without Princes closed, the end was written and former best friends Sophie and Agatha went their separate ways. Agatha was whisk
Published July 21st 2015 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Last Ever After, please sign up.
Kasey Thacker True happiness can only be obtained from a man, you're either born evil or good and can never be anything else, and female friendship is immature and…moreTrue happiness can only be obtained from a man, you're either born evil or good and can never be anything else, and female friendship is immature and something you need to grow out of.

There you go. Saved you some time.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Colleen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Natalie Monroe

Zero spoilers for previous books

It's been a while since I did a song review. Anyhoo, put on your cowboy boots, slip on a sparkly dress and let's go back to 2008, when this gem came out.

I took a chance, I took a shot
And you might think you're bulletproof, but you're not
You presented an ending, I took it hard
And down here from the ground I see what you've become

I'm sick and tired of your repetition
I'm feeling like I don't know you
You make Sophie struggle with Good and Evil, like that hasn
Alex Glass
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

THIS BOOK WAS PERFECTION. IT WAS EVERYTHING SOMAN PROMISED IT WILL BE EXCELT FIVE TIMES MORE THAN THAT.

THE CLOSING LINE WAS PERFECT.

Now to the calm portion:

The first two books had this pattern of Sophie and Agatha being placed in a situation of injustice and pointing out said injustice within seconds. This book, however, took it a step further by having EVERYONE who experienced injustice in the course of the series call BS, including Lesso, Dot, Hester, an
Autumn
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
O my God. I need this right now. Like RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I saw the date I was like:
[image error]confused photo: Confused tumblr_lnfdzz2udn1qbq71s.gif
forever pretending the first book in this series was a standalone.
Kylie カイリー Yay Apocalypse
BEWARE PLOT TWISTS EVERYWHERE!!!!
The Perfect Fairytale Ending.
This is my all time favorite Juvenile series. Mr. Chainani has forever filled my High School girl heart with good and happiness. If a person creates a series that was meant for juveniles and hooks a high schooler to the point of her dying for the book releases, buying his books, crying at his books and even having it as her phone wallpaper.. Well that person deserves a medal.

Once Upon A Time there was a girl named Kylie who fell in l
Maddie
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it
2017 Reread: Okay, so maybe the flaws stick out to me a bit too much the second time round! Everyone's speech, including all the secondary characters, are m o n o l o g u e s. I understand why this book is 650 pages long, because everyone speaks in paragraphs, not sentences. Also, the relationship development between Sophie and Agatha doesn't really happen until 500 pages in. The rest is just a repetition of the antics we've seen in the first two books.

I think it would almost be more interesting
Natasha
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There's a cliffhanger ending at the end of book 2.

In other words:
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK TO BE PUBLISHED!!!!!!!
Pinky
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have been in a reading slump for two and a half weeks! That's crazy, I can't believe I haven't read in so long. Nowadays, I have so many things to catch up on but there is NO TIME! Before I get too into my ranting, I want to talk to you about something. It's something that I have been thinking about for awhile.

There are so many books and movies that have Good vs Evil. And if you think about it, MOST people, not all, support Good. While others support Evil, but in the end, Good always wins. B
Casye
Aug 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Do you ever read a book and have such high hopes, see so much potential...only for it to take you on a ridiculous, nonsensical runaround, completely wasting your time?

Yeah, that's pretty much what you're setting yourself up for if you read this book. The pacing is terrible, the characters motivations don't make any sense and the "big twist" revealed in the final pages of the book has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the story.

In the first book, we're told that you can find love outside of
Julie Zantopoulos
Mar 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
For some reason it took me a while to get invested in this story but once I hit page 250 or so it picked up. I also believe that these books are meant for marathon reading sessions and not a few pages here and there. If you spend an hour or so reading and get deeper into the story and pace the book reads better.

In terms of character arc and development I still love Agatha and even Tedros but Sophie's overall journey was just meh. I was pretty unimpressed with her "growth" and found the ending a
Christina Bandiera
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who likes a good/evil fairytale, young and old!
The best thing about this book (and the series as a whole, in fact) is how often it surprises you. There were many points while reading 'The Last Ever After' that I thought "How on earth are they possibly going to get out of this situation?" or "What on earth is really going on here?" only to find myself, pages or chapters later, wondering, "How on earth did I not work it out?!?!?!". The best twists, I think, are those you didn't work out but, when they are presented to you, they make perfect se ...more
Inge
Pretty good finale, loved the ending - but could have easily been told in about 200 pages less.

(view spoiler)
Susana

This would have gotten a higher rating if it hadn't been so bloody long. And angsty! -_-
Full review to come.

Let me tell you that this book starts in an amazing way: Have you ever wondered what happens after a supposedly "happy ever after"?
Well look no further, this story's beginning definitely focus on that part of Agatha and Tedros story.
Is it all flowers and fluffy kittens?
Well... no.
After all Agatha does live in a cemetery and her cat that bald and wrinkly thing has very specific tastes: H
Sydney
Jun 16, 2014 marked it as to-read
Spoiler alert ok I think agatha and tedros will try to save the schools and end the war to be back to the schools. The school master and Sophie will rule the school for evil and agatha and tedros will rule school for good
Shadowdenizen
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure where to begin with this review...

As a whole, I'd give this series 4-stars, with some deep reservations. (I think this was a series with a high-profile premise, that you don't see too often in the genre, and that's what's carried me through the series, despite the almost rushed feel of the actual books.)

Soman Chanani succeeds wildly on several fronts:
-Both Sophie and Agatha (our heroines) are well-drawn characters that you can immediately empathize with, and understand why they're f
Kathryn Jurgens
Jul 01, 2014 marked it as to-read
Need. Now. Write faster!
Annabelle
WHY DID IT HAVE TO END. WHY. ALL I CAN DO NOW IS READ THE WHOLE TRILOGY OVER AGAIN> NOTHING IS GOING TO CURE MY BOOK HANGOVER.
Marketa
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Z toho konce mám takové smíšené pocity, ale jinak se to ani nedalo očekávat. :) Jen škoda, že se pan autor trochu víc nerozepsal o celém světě, ve kterém se tenhle úžasný příběh odehrával. Protože to je jediné moje nenaplnění, které se ohledně trilogie konalo. Jinak jsem naplněná až až. :D
Sara Saif
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it

That was a little above 3.5 stars which I’ll graciously round up to 4 because I’m a good person and also because the book was extremely easy to read, the silliness and hilarity helping despite being comparatively less amusing.

I won’t be using phrases like “fitting finale” or “spectacular conclusion” to describe this last book in the trilogy owing to the fact that it was not. It wasn’t bad by any means. Fitting, perhaps, but certainly not spectacular and herein lies my disappointment. It was just
ZOEY
I was hoping more of a scenario where either Sophie or Agatha died/sacrificed themselves. (view spoiler)
The plot twists were okay but I think everyone figured out what would happen at the end.

I had an inkling that somehow Sophie and Agatha were (view spoiler)
C. Maria
Sep 11, 2015 rated it liked it
“To find a happy ending with someone else, first you have to find it alone.”

This book was bloody long.

It was a good story and addition to the series but I still believe that the last 2 booka weren't really necessary. I would have been happy with just the first one.
Nice ending to the series - happy about it.

I really liked Hort and Lady Lesso. (view spoiler)

This book had everything love, friendship, humor, action and
Ellie
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Anne
Nad 5 zcela zaslouženými hvězdami vůbec nemusím váhat. Poslední díl jsem si užila stejně jako 2 předešlé. Líbilo se mi, že Chainani nikam nespěchal, ale všem postavám a všem součástem příběhu dopřál čas a prostor se rozvinout a působit na čtenáře. Jeden z těch mála skvostných závěrečných dílů skvělých sérií, na které budu ráda vzpomínat.

Jsem si jistá, že se ke Škole dobra a zla jistojistě vrátím, protože po dlouhé odmlce od Harryho Pottera je toto opravdu skvělá fantasy pohádková série, která za
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
COMPLETE 5 GOLDEN STARS!
WOW! what an amazing story! my fave in this series!
amazing Plot, Plot twists, Character developments, thrills (wooh!) & some old stuff I'm pretty sure everyone loves it!
Agatha is my favourite Main Female character! I love her!
SO many fave characters here tho!
Cheyenne

i didn't know there was a THIRD !
Maud
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: finale
3.5 stars, a difficult one to rate. The first 450 or so pages were just okay. Especially a certain plot point that gets introduced into that part. But when that certain part ended, the last 200 pages were awesome. The fights were more gruesome than I expected it to be but it was awesome. Chapter 33 explains a lot of things though I'm still not sure how I feel about all of it. Maybe I need to reread this series sometime.
Carina Olsen
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book is simply all kinds of perfect. It's my favorite of all the books so far. But it is also the one that ruins my heart the most. Getting past those first four hundred pages is always a bit hard. I mean, the book is perfection on every page, but oh gosh, that beginning ruins me every time. So perfect. This is my third read.

And I cannot wait to read book four in a little while, finally. Eee. It's going to be so good. But first, this third book. I can't get over how good it is. And how much
Vi~Inkvotary
Inkvotary
Finished. FINALLY! Way too long, way too detailed and way too much of everything. Tedros is a weak coward with no courage at all. Good looking but full of fear and ... I have no words. Right now I doubt that I will read the fourth book. Not after the torture this one was. How can a series, that startet so great and with a firework of fun, irony and great scenes become such a disaster? No recommendation from my side. Sorry, Mr. Chainani.
Angela Auten
Angigames
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Accidenti a te Chainani! C’è mancato poco che allagassi casa, a causa del tuo finale!
Una storia bella. Bella davvero. Un libro simpatico, magico, irriverente, adattissimo a tutte le età.
In maniera brillante ed emozionate, l’autore conclude la storia di Sophie e Agatha.
Una è diventata la Regina dei Mai, l’altra si è ricongiunta con il suo principe, ma non aspettatevi il Vissero Per Sempre Felici E Contenti, no affatto!
La storia rimette le carte in tavola, una guerra terribile è alle porte ed Agat
Im the only one who think the concept of good and evil is messed up? 7 48 Jun 05, 2018 04:22PM
Spoliers! 22 126 Dec 07, 2017 12:19PM
Spoilers! 3 66 Jul 09, 2017 02:37PM
Sophie Of Woods Beyond 6 84 Apr 13, 2017 09:59AM
Am I the only one upset that *spoilers* 5 161 Nov 17, 2016 06:29PM
Vote for this book for Middle School genre 1 7 Nov 22, 2015 02:35AM
SOOOO EXCITED! YEEEEEE! 3 35 Jul 16, 2015 06:09AM
  • The Hero's Guide to Being an Outlaw (The League of Princes, #3)
  • Ravenous (Monstrous, #2)
  • The Whatnot (The Peculiar, #2)
  • Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official Bootleg
  • A Wonderlandiful World (Ever After High, #3)
  • Tether (Many-Worlds, #2)
  • Usurper (Chaos #4)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • Of Giants and Ice (The Ever Afters #1)
  • The Cup and the Crown (Silver Bowl, #2)
  • A Nearer Moon
  • A Semi-Charming Kind of Life (Ever After High: A School Story, #3)
  • The Blind Wish (The Jinni Wars, #2)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Stolen Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #3)
  • Cleo (Cleo #1)
  • Thrice Sworn (Winterling, #0.5)
  • Frogged
Soman Chainani's first novel, THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL, debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List, has been translated into 26 languages across six continents, and will soon be a major motion picture from Universal Studios.

The sequels, A WORLD WITHOUT PRINCES and THE LAST EVER AFTER, debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List as well. Together, the books of the series have been on the

The School for Good and Evil (5 books)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years #1)
  • A Crystal of Time (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #2)
“To find a happy ending with someone else, first you have to find it alone.” 72 likes
“Of all the tales in all the kingdoms in all the Woods, you had to walk into mine.” 45 likes