Start by marking “A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)” as Want to Read:
A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)

A World Without Princes

(The School for Good and Evil #2)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  25,262 ratings  ·  2,514 reviews
In the epic sequel to the New York Times bestselling novel, The School for Good and Evil, Sophie and Agatha are home, living out their Ever After. But life isn’t quite the fairy tale they expected.

When Agatha secretly wishes she’d chosen a different happy ending, she reopens the gates to the School for Good and Evil. But the world she and Sophie once knew has changed.

Wi
Published April 15th 2014 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about A World Without Princes, please sign up.
Marian Rever Sure; I'll give you a spoiler...
They all go to Disney Land and eat Cheerios. The End. XD…more
Sure; I'll give you a spoiler...
They all go to Disney Land and eat Cheerios. The End. XD(less)
Felicia They were 15 when kidnapped and Sophie was 17 by the end of the Last Ever After, so they're probably around 16 years old.
I don't know about Tedros, b…more
I don't know about Tedros, but I would assume that he is the same age.(less)

·  25,262 ratings  ·  2,514 reviews

Start your review of A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)
Regan
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.75

Torn on this, I feel like it presented a lot of very interesting things about gender but did not follow through -- which can make it problematic. But I also feel like it might be resolved in the next book? So rating is low for now until I continue on.
emma
This is the weirdest, worst reverse-sexism bullsh*t I have ever read in my life.

I have decided that I do not want to write a lot about this book, because 1) it’s been many months since I read it and 2) I do not care to think about it. So I will attempt to convey the synopsis, and I will attempt to convey the breadth of my disappointment.

At the end of the last book, BFFs Agatha and Sophie chose each other over princes and went off to live happily ever after by themselves. It’s the feminist fairyt
Cristina Monica
I'm DNFing it: There is only so much silliness, secrets, doubts and confusion I can take.
Faye, la Patata
Final Rating: 4.5 stars (rounded to 5 on GR)

Disclaimer: There may be minor spoilers of book 1 in this review. Consider yourselves warned if you haven't read the first book.

No, they don't need princes in their fairy tales at all.

When I first read The School for Good and Evil sometime last year, I appreciated so much how it portrayed very dark themes in a seemingly light, humorous, and fluffy tone.
Natalie Monroe
Minor spoilers for book one

If you know me, you'll know that I very rarely give books five stars. Even if I really love it, I normally mark it as a 4.5 and call it a day. Which is why it came as such a surprise that I slapped a 5-star on A World Without Princes right off the bat. I went in with sky-high expectations, considering how much I loved The School for Good and Evil, and it broke every single one of them.

A World Without Princes picks up a couple months after the events of the first book.
Jun 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
Well, this series went off the deep end really fast.

For those who don’t know, the first book in this series, THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL, was about two girls who are not quite what they seem surviving in a duo of fairy tale schools which had simplistic ideas the nature of good and evil and simplistic ideas about gender roles. I would have ventured to call the first book progressive … Agatha and Sophie learn that they don’t need a fairy tale prince to be happy and that relationships with other
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
ATTENTION: spoilers for book one!

“Nothing in this world was ever certain. Princes could become as frightening as ogres.
Princesses could become villains.
Best friends could become enemies.”

Story ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
„And Sophie and Agatha lived happily ever after, for girls don't need princes for love to call...
No, they don't need princes in their fairy tales at all”

Finally Agatha and Sophie have a happy end together. They’re back in their home town living their old life.
They don’t need princes to
Tomoe Hotaru
Whyyyyyy??

What happened to youuuuu??

Book. Book, I had such high hopes for you. You ended so magnificently before ... you gave me hope that there was a book out there, where girls can be friends! Where girls can put other girls before boys! Where love isn't always about the type that makes your body parts tingle and swell, but also about fighting for each other and making sacrifices for friends.

You gave me hope that somewhere out there was a book, geared for younger readers, where black isn't alw
Aras Redan
Aug 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I NEED THIS BOOK NOW, LIKE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY, AND I REALLY NEED AGATHA AND TEDROS TO BE TOGETHER AND I LOVE THIS SERIES BECAUSE IT MAKES ME LAUGH BUT CRY, LIKE I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL APRIL NEXT YEAR.
Shannon
OMG I JUST READ THE TOP COMMUNITY REVIEWS AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT YELLING ABOUT THIS BOOK IS THE BEST WAY TO PORTRAY YOUR FEELINGS REALLY WE SHOULD ALL YELL ALL THE TIME AND WHO NEEDS PUNCTUATION MARKS AMIRITE EXCEPT FOR EXCLAMATION POINTS BECAUSE YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY OF THOSE AMIRITE!!!1!!
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms  (Book.Enchantress)
4.75 Golden Stars

I couldn't put this book down!

same world & rules as first one but also different from it.
Awesome!
the way the characters changed & made decisions & reacted, this is what i call character development.
what an Ending!
Plot: ★★★★★/5
Characters: ★★★★★/5
Writing Style: ★★★★★/5
World building: ★★★★★/5
Idea: ★★★★/5
Inge
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as gripping as the first book, but a fun and easy read nonetheless.
Alaina
I am still debating on whether or not this was an improvement or not from the first book. I also have no idea what I rate the first one, and I'm way too lazy to look it up, so I'm just gonna go with 3 stars on this one.

A World Without Princes was an eh, okay book. I felt like nothing really happened in this and there was little character development. Sophie just annoyed me and sometimes so did Agatha but eh, I didn't really expect Sophie to change that my opinion on her. Besides annoying me, I j
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
*sighs deeply* This one’s gonna be a rant, guys. It makes me sad, because this series had so much promise and the audiobooks are wonderful. The School for Good and Evil had some worrisome themes, but I was hoping they would be cleared up in A World Without Princes. Actually, though, the messages of the series have only gotten more upsetting with time. Though I did still really enjoy listening to the book, and Lee’s narration is totally on point, I can no longer ignore the rage-inducing aspects.

R
Julie Zantopoulos
I'm really enjoying this series but the first half of the book always goes slower than the second half. Clearly, I'm fine with it since I'm onto the third already.
Zanib  Sajjad
Jan 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
That beautiful cover...

photo so-beautiful_zps52d86de4.gif

And that prince is even more beautifuller (is this even a word?).

photo sadtrick_gif_pagespeed_ce_kHxGZFZaQC_zps36e02208.gif

The ending of the last book was more or less a cliff-hanger. And, well, (view spoiler)

["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["b
Kimberley doruyter
danm it now i have to get the third one too
Grimm
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-tbr
ER.MAH.GERD. Thee cutest fairytale I have read in a long time!

Synopsis:
Good Reads Description

This year, best friends Sophie and Agatha are about to discover where all the lost children go: the fabled School for Good & Evil, where ordinary boys and girls are trained to be fairy tale heroes and villains. As the most beautiful girl in Gavaldon, Sophie has dreamed of being kidnapped into an enchanted world her whole life. With her pink dresses, glass slippers, and devotion to good deeds, she know
Layla
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 8/11/20
Basically there isn't much to say other than:

1. Hester, Anadil and Dot, needs recognition for not only providing us with humourous one liners, but also being the glue that kept everything together. I can't imagine the book without them. 💅👑 The real queens this series.

2. I love Agatha and Sophie needs therapy.

3. Tedros is so stupid. He does grow on you after a while, but that boy is so easily influenced by others.

4. This book is probably my least favorite book in the series for s
Kells Next Read
 photo AWWP_zpsxsitr77c.jpg
You know and I know, that we aren't in the least bit surprised by my ratings of this one. Saying I loved it is understating the feeling and emotions that I felt while reading this one.
Every character, esp. Sophie I adore and just could not get enough of. I want more and I'm so glad that I have the third book to jump right into.
Me after finishing this one:
 photo fangirling_zpslnl1uyq2.gif
Esthela Gómez
THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOOOOD! so many plot twists!

description

oh, and THAT END

description
Saarah
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never had the time to write a review, so I'm just gonna say it was a great and amazing book. so unique and different as well, and there were crazy twists which I had never expected. totally loved this.
ZOEY
Okay.
Agatha has gotten fairly stupider after book 1.
(yes Aggie, we know you like trusting people and not jumping to conclusions- but maybe, sometimes you should....)

Tedros again has been really unnecessary.
(not that I'm complaining)
Yes we get it. All the women in your life are backstabbing witches. Accept it and get over it.

Now.
Sophie.
The character that instilled in me a plethora of feelings.
poor,misunderstood,irritating,loyal,shallow,confused etc. (you get it) Sophie.
No one truly loves her and
Susana
3.5 Stars

Still good, but not as great as the first story. Reason for it?
Unlike what happened with the first book which I felt was more complex _ and more YA_ this one felt a little toned down...maybe the reason has to do with Agatha's character that in the first book was so amazing, but in this one, the girl felt definitely dumber.

It felt as if the author was trying to say, if you're good, you're going to lose a lot of your brain cells.

Sophie on the other hand, is more amazing than ever. S
Caroline
MEH this was not as good as book one which was disappointing. I found the plot and the characters very frustrating a lot of the time. Sophie drives me crazy and I'm not entirely able to put my finger on why. Tedros felt like a bit of an unnecessary character tbh. I didn't like that so much of the plot was based on miscommunication like:
Agatha thinks this is what happened but Sophie knows that's not true. Sophie isn't going to say anything so Agatha is going to try to talk to Tedros but Tedros is
Bipasha
Nov 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: coverfit
Its true. Sequels suck. Disappoint. Whatever.
And the ARC didn't have pictures. T_T
And butterflies- lol.
AND NEW GUY IS SEXY.
And belly dancing~!
Review in a line- Fantastical school segregated by sex;kids getting unwanted sex-chages. UGH.
So, boys vs. girls, and then some.

PRE-READ
(view spoiler)
Syahira
Apr 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
It's not a world without princes, this book is more aptly named "The School for Misandrist and Misogynist". While I'm not certain whether I am reading the same book as everyone does since I'm still undecided about the entire series and most seem to love it but this book really did embellish what I hate about the last book.

I realize that it was the rigid world structure that strangled my general enjoyment. I can't understand why you can't be a bit more flexible with this book. Why can't these fic
Robin (Bridge Four)
***Spoilers for The School for Good and Evil Book#1***

Once upon a time a Princess and a Witch became friends….best friends and choose each other over everyone else including the handsome Prince.

“And Sophie and Agatha lived happily ever after, for girls don't need princes for love to call... No, they don't need princes in their fairy tales at all”

But what happens in fairytale land when girls decide they don’t need Princes to have Happy Ever After’s? Book 1 in the School for Good and Evil foc
Molly
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Rating, 3.5

This one was a slow read. This book was inferior to the first one. It was still good, but something was sorely missing. The thing is, Agatha was not herself. I loved both girls in book one (Yeah, I love a good villainess), but now Agatha has lost that something that made her stand out in the first installment.
Next book year 2015, month unknown. I hope it restores the sparkling fun that was The School for Good and Evil.
Maddie
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hope this book is THE EN and not THE END

• A Grimm Warning (The Land of Stories, #3)
  • An Author's Odyssey (The Land of Stories, #5)
  • The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2)
  • Beyond the Kingdoms (The Land of Stories, #4)
  • Worlds Collide (The Land of Stories, #6)
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
  • Keeper of the Lost Cities (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #1)
  • Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1)
  • Lodestar (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #5)
  • Exile (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #2)
  • Everblaze (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #3)
  • Neverseen (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #4)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities #6)
  • The Whispers in the Walls (Scarlet and Ivy, #2)
  • Flashback (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #7)
  • Tricked (Fairy Tale Reform School #3)
Soman Chainani's first novel, THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL, debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List, has been translated into 26 languages across six continents, and will soon be a major motion picture from Universal Studios.

The sequels, A WORLD WITHOUT PRINCES and THE LAST EVER AFTER, debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List as well. Together, the books of the series have been on the

The School for Good and Evil (6 books)
  • The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)
  • The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
  • Quests for Glory (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #1)
  • A Crystal of Time (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #2)
  • One True King (The School for Good and Evil: The Camelot Years, #3)