Start by marking “Daisy's Back In Town” as Want to Read:
Daisy's Back In Town

Daisy's Back In Town

(Lovett, Texas #1)

Daisy Lee Monroe thought she'd brushed the dust of Lovett, Texas, off her high-heeled shoes years ago, but she's come back home only to find that little has changed. Her sister is still crazy, and her mom still has pink plastic flamingos in her front yard. And Jackson Lamott Parrish, the bad boy she'd left behind, is still so sexy it hurts. She'd like nothing better than t ...more
Published March 20th 2012 by Avon (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Daisy's Back In Town, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)

Start your review of Daisy's Back In Town
Tammy
Reed Raab
Sep 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
AliciaJ
Oh my god, the heroine in this book has to be one of the most selfish creatures I've ever seen. She comes back after fifteen years, with a BIG surprise for the hero, and he's just supposed to forgive and forget?! Wow. I think Rachel missed the mark on this one. ...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

Rachel Gibson is one of my favorite go-to, sure thing authors for when I need a fun, steamy contemporary romance with quirky characters, sexy, masculine, alpha heroes, and the perfect balance of lighthearted, fluffy feel-good entertainment, humor, and emotional angst.

This is one of her mid-career works, and although not my favorite RG romance, it’s still an entertaining tale with a piquant Texas twang. And I’m looking forward to returning to Lovett, Texas with Crazy
Anita
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just hate it when I get an audio book to do housework, errands and exercise with and then I can't turn it off! I love Rachel Gibson. Her romance is just how I like it.

At 18 Daisy had the biggest decision she ever had to face to make. For 15 years it was a good decision. Now, Daisy is back in Lovett, Texas and has to face the consequences of that decision. Nothing will ever replace the 15 years, but if everything works out, she can have her own Happily Ever After.

At 18 Jack lost his parents in
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Usually I can tell pretty quickly if I am going to like a character or not.. and I dived into the story thinking Jackson is the one that was in the wrong.. gosh was I wrong...

There were three best friends growing up.. Jackson, Daisy Lee, and Steven.. let's forward a few years and Daisy Lee and Jackson are an item, in love like every young couple with its ups and downs...
Then Jackson's parents are killed in a drink driving accident, at the same time Daisy finds out she is pregnant.. So this stup
Iris Blobel
Dec 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have to say this story surprised me – not at all that I didn’t see Rachel Gibson being able to write something like it, but because she was more known to me as a “chick lit” author! So lets take her out of this drawer and into the ... none at all, she’s obviously an author of many talents.

It was a book hard to put aside, but also hard to read while having a big lump in the throat.

The main plot is about Daisy, Jack and Steven who were very good friends growing up. And even though both boys (and
Holly
This is a hard novel to read at times. The secret baby plot is a lot harder to swallow here, because the baby in question isn't really a baby - he's 15. For me, it's easy to forgive and forget when the heroine doesn't tell the hero right away about a baby, but only if it's cleared up early on. It's a lot harder to justify after 15 years of silence.

I remember having an argument with a friend about Daisy's actions several years ago. She couldn't accept that Daisy had kept her son a secret for so
ShoSho
A little bit frustrating in the middle but overall a fantastic book.
Ian
When Daisy left Lovett Texas 14 years ago it was with a broken heart after being dumped by her first love, Jackson. Now she is back in town, older and wiser and desperate to talk to Jackson. Jackson for his part wants nothing to do with the woman who married his best friend but Daisy is showing up everywhere and it's getting harder and harder to avoid her.

Daisy's Back in Town is a very cute by the numbers contemporary romance. Predictable but I loved it all the same.
Lynsey
Sophie ♥
He loves her.
Jackson Lamott Parrish thought he'd seen the back of Daisy when she ran off with his best friend years ago. He vowed then he'd never let another woman get close to him again, and he's been breaking hearts ever since.

He loves her not...
But Daisy has a secret, one she can confess only to Jackson. So why is he the one person staying well out of her way?

He loves her?
An absolute roller-coaster of a romance, this is an addictive novel about what happens when you fall in love... with the b
Sláinte Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 4/5
Favorite lines - “Mom," Nathan called to her. Daisy pulled her gaze from the tent and the fleeting glimpse of Jack's bare back, the smooth planes and indent of his spine, the sliver of the white elastic just above the blue waistband of his jeans..."Hmm?" "What's a faaar ant?" he asked just above a whisper. "Fire." She chuckled and shook her head. "Fire ant. They have a nasty bite that burns." Nathan smiled. "Well, why didn't he just say fire?" "He thinks he did.”
Favorite Char
Prettypetunia
Feb 02, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)
This is the only Rachel Gibson book that I hadn't re-read and after listening to a few of her books over the last few weeks, I kept thinking about this book and wondering why I hadn't re-read it. Then I did and remembered exactly why. You guys know how much I hate kids and books and this has a kid in the story. So please keep in mind, that while this bothered me, it might not bother most normal readers that aren't bothered by kids in books at all. I don't regret re-reading this book and at the e ...more
LaFleurBleue
Nicely done; but I have one major problem with the fact that the heroine, in love with the hero (view spoiler) marries his best friend, and obviously did not find it difficult to adapt to the change in male. I honestly understood why the hero took so long to get it over with, because I do not believe I would have been able of that in his shoes. ...more
Froggie
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: year-2016
Secret baby plot is just not my thing. Ms Gibson saved it from being disastrous but I still can't say I liked it. She did the emotions very well though.

Tracy
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lauren
Daisy's Back in Town
4 Stars

Following the death of her husband, Daisy Monroe returns to Lovett, Texas to reveal a long-held secret. The only problem is that the man she needs to speak to, her former best friend and lover, Jack Parrish, will barely even speak to her. Will Daisy be able to get past his anger to tell him the truth? And once she does, will he ever be able to forgive her?

The second chances romance between Daisy and Jack is excellent and they have an amazing connection both physically
Carmen
I gave you this ring when we were in the sixth grade. If you'd have me, Daisy, I'll buy you a real one.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
12/30/2014 -- Re-read

If I adjusted ratings on re-reads, I think I'd bump this up a bit to maybe 4.5 Stars. I really liked the story and the relationship between the sisters. Saying this, I thought Daisy an asshole for keeping her secret as long as she did and again, the ending a bit rushed.

Overall Rating = 4.5 Stars
Alice
Aug 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cindi
Jan 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book specifically for Valentine's Day reading because I wanted a cute, maybe silly, easy read. Many of Rachel Gibson's books are just that for me; I love her contemporaries. But Daisy is not silly or easy tp read about. She is, however, extremely cute. Jack, her high school beau, acknowledges that she's still cheerleader-cute but he has spent the past 15 years hating her for getting married to his best friend, Stephen (nevermind that the day before he'd told her "he needed some spa ...more
Wendy
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. I found myself wishing that I wasn't getting closer to the end. Now I'm depressed because it is done and I want more. I LOVE Rachel Gibson's way of creating characters that you want to know and be friends with. They are so real to me.

Daisy Monroe has come back to her home town after fifteen years to tell the man she once loved that she had his baby all those years ago, and married his best friend to give the baby and name and life that he may have not been able to give
Teresa
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After re-visiting some other books by Rachel Gibson, I was reminded by how much I adore her writing. She manages to pack both hilarity and emotional in most of her books, and this one did not disappointment. I loved that Daisy honest-to-goodness messed up. There were no misunderstandings that caused 15 years of pain. She truly, and royally messed up. And this book was about not letting bitterness swallow you whole and learning to forgive. It's a hard thing when you are justified in your anger to ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Samantha
Once Daisy told Jack that the timing was wrong for her to tell him that she was marrying his best friend (the same damn week he buried his parents) I knew she was on my shit list. She didn't even come off remorseful at all. Unless someone tells me the chick starts begging and hard, I'm not continuing this. She is spending too much time thinking of Steven and no time begging Jack. Not going good for me! ...more
Nikki
I have only read a few books by Rachel Gibson and have yet to find one I didn't like! I loved this story and the side story with Daisy's sister 'Crazy Lily'! ...more
April Reader
Jun 22, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hated Daisy. She has to be the most selfish heroine of any romance novel.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Glitter Baby (Wynette, Texas, #0.5)
  • Rasputin's Daughter
  • Talk Me Down (Tumble Creek, #1)
  • Body Check (New York Blades, #1)
  • First Lady (Wynette, Texas, #3)
  • Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas, #2)
  • Fancy Pants (Wynette, Texas, #1)
  • My Fair Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #1)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Escorting the Player (The Escort Collection, #3)
  • Strange Bedpersons
  • Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)
  • After the Night
  • Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas, #5)
  • This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)
  • Heroes Are My Weakness
  • Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6)
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine / This Heart of Mine
See top shelves…
Rachel Gibson is a New York times and USAToday bestselling author of 21 books.

Lovett, Texas (3 books)
  • Rescue Me
  • Run to You

News & Interviews

“Mom," Nathan called to her.

"What's a faaar ant?" he asked just above a whisper.

Nathan smiled. "Well, why didn't he just say fire?"

"He thinks he did.”
17 likes
“I know about safe sex," Nathan said, interrupting Jack's thoughts.

Jack swallowed. "That's good." He smiled at his son, vastly relieved that there would be no hard questions about his own sex life.

"What I want to know is..." Nathan stole a quick look back at the tent. "Where is the clitoris exactly?"

Jack's smile fell and he opened his mouth. No words came out so he closed it.

Nathan had no problem forming his words, though. "And what the heck is a G-spot?”
13 likes