Start by marking “How We Became a Family” as Want to Read:
How We Became a Family

How We Became a Family

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
To build a family, first of all you need love. But how do you talk with your child about their in vitro origins? How do you tell your children they were conceived with the help of a donor?

-Adding children to a family -making a baby- takes all the same parts needed to make any baby animal.

-Knowledge of science and our bodies is a smart and beautiful thing.

-This complex sto
Hardcover, Sperm Donor, Twins version, 32 pages
Published March 1st 2013 by Heart and Mind Press

To ask other readers questions about How We Became a Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How We Became a Family

Missy
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How We Became a Family by Teresa Villegas was provided as a courtesy hardback copy in exchange for review. I enjoy science and biology and fully support other alternatives and options for creating families. I thought this picture book would help my 8 year old daughter understand the different ways of creating a family. This is a beautifully illustrated and whimsy picture book, what delightful birdie pictures, and some even make me laugh, so adorable. The color choice is appealing blue, and cover ...more
M.M. Hudson
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
When I first got the opportunity to read this book, I thought it might be interesting. There are certainly all kinds of families including ones that were created through in vitro.

My curiosity was peaked because I have never seen a book that explains how such a child would be born. I was hoping that it would be done tastefully.
Truthfully, this is where my review begins and ends. To say they wrote the book tastefully is true. I will give the authors that. However, I had some major issues with this
Teresa Villegas
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Parents who used IVF with donor assistance
If you have built your family through in vitro and donor assistance, then this is the book you want to read to your children. If you are anything like our family, who believe families are made with a solid parental relationship, open communication, if you love science and biology, and want your children to know the facts of their birth origins, are grateful and appreciate the help of gamete donors, and the medical sciences, then this book is for you!

This is a teaching tool book that helps parent
Debra Sabah Press