Start by marking “Hillary: Flesh and Blood (Hillary, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hillary: Flesh and Blood (Hillary, #2)

Read Excerpt

Hillary: Flesh and Blood

(Hillary #2)

WARNING: This novel contains disturbingly explicit sexual and deviant content that may be considered offensive to some readers, including rape, incest, torture and cannibalism.

The death of innocence gives birth to evil….

Thirteen year-old Hillary Greyson lived a charmed life until one ill-fated night changed everything. Hurt and betrayed by her own father, she finally confr
Published May 28th 2013 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Hillary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hillary

Start your review of Hillary: Flesh and Blood (Hillary, #2)
Kirsten
Angel, Angel, Angel...

Congratulations! You did it!
You found my HARD limit!

I absolutely loved the sick and twisted Tail of the Dog, but this one...this one nearly broke me. I'm speechless! That was just...just...FUCK!!!!

Since I literally just finished, I need some recovery time to process all that took place.

No rating as of yet. This girl is spent, raw, and partially catatonic right now.

Warning: Strong stomach and a ton of booze is needed.
The horrors! The gore! Aaahhhh!

Now excuse me while I
Elfina Renee
Jan 10, 2016 added it
 photo Hillary 02.jpg
This is truly the death of innocence and the birth of a monster. A five star gorish read, stemming from the sins of the father and the transference of the daughter. How many times can a person cry wolf and no one believes or protects them. You'd think those who loves you most would. The word family should mean more then putting food on the table and a bed to keep you warm at night. But not for little girl lost Hillary. Only the voices whispering in her ear tells her what she needs to know. H
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Feb 25, 2014 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: made-me-cry
I had to stop at 67%

I found myself skipping parts that were too brutal and made me start to weep - in fact by the time I got to about 40% - I was skipping more than I was reading - so with a heavy heart - I can not finish this book.

disgusted photo: disgusted.gif

Don't get me wrong - the writing and the story is fantastic. The author is a genius when it comes to writing a real life horror story.

Now if you know me on GR - you know I read just about ANYTHING and very rarely do you see me rating a book low or not finishing.
Marie
First off, it is very wise to follow the warnings for this book as if you get even slightly squeamish with just thinking about torture and gore, then you do not need to be reading this book. This book will take you down into the depths of despair and could possibly psychologically mess you up as the story drives deep into the human soul while ripping out your heart with the gory infested contents within its pages.

With all that being said, the second book in the Hillary series is really the backg
Silvana
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Silvana by: JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
This book is like nothing I've read before, not in terms of the horror but the intense feelings I experienced while reading. I was so engrossed and the writing was amazing, the book took hold of me and I didn't want to stop reading; Yet I had to take breaks, just to get my breath back.

We start the book with a glimpse into the childhood of Hillary's dad and how he met her mother, it's not pretty; The events that follow are anything but pretty, just horrific. I kept reading thinking it cannot get
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust

... Review to come... This gluten for punishment has to know how the series plays out.....GOD.HELP. ME!

Freebie coupon code valid through Feb 16th via smashswords..

Use the coupon code QY33Z
Donna
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
This series so far has been disturbing on so many levels. The premise was such, so I decided to go ahead anyway. The fact that this sort of thing really exists, I know because I've seen the news and read the papers, encouraged me to go into it with an open mind. For those who would deny these happenings exist, well kudos to you. Ignorance is bliss. Which brings me to Hillary...
What this poor girl endured is horrific. No child should ever experience such atrocities. We see her go through the moti
Beth
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: favorites
Angel Gelique you are one sick puppy!

there were a few scenes in there I didn't like and didn't handle to well but wonder if that was Angel point to make me hate Hilary because at the beginning of this book (or even until half way through) I was on her side and even agree with two of the erm..humm what do I call them without writing spoilers...incidents..yep I'll go with that two of the incidents were justified but not the others.

Angel you are a legend and prove that females can do just as great
Barbara
DNF at 78%

description

I have gone crazy!!

It was just too much at the end. I'm glad that we have finally found out how Hillary became monster in the first place.
This is actually a first book about her previous life, before she was held captive as a Dr. Morrison's experiment.
I felt sorry for her, but being in her crazy mind wasn't easy. I couldn't stand all that killing anymore. I got a little bored too.
The previous book was also a bit of mind-fuck and I liked it more.
However, I'm going to read the next boo
Carolina
I've stopped this book at 18%... just because one thing...

I couldn't endure Lacey's mom... and her father... is some (view spoiler)

By the few chapters i've read in this book, I can tell something... Mrs. Gelique did it again! She is simply amazing in the way she puts us "in" the scene... your emotions go crazy... and you stay simply... SHOCKED!

I'm going to move to the third book... because I pr
Elin the Lightship
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anti-hero, horror, why, gore
I can totally understand why this would be too much for the majority of the population of earth. I'm afraid it was totally up my alley though.

Gore, incest, blood, cannibalism, torture and all kinds of taboos - everything a girl could want.

I was ecstatic.

Over the moon

description

Heather
This was the single most horrifying books I've EVER read. At one point (actually there was two times) I actually cried. I almost dnf'd it. Not because of the story or the writing. Those are great. It's what happens. I was heartbroken for Hillary and furious with her mother. It was tragic from page one. I can't help myself, I am still going to read the third book. I need to know what happens. That warning is there for a reason!
Jon
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading Tail of the Dog (the first book in Angel Gellique's Hillary trilogy) I came to the conclusion that it was one of the most disturbing books I'd ever read. Perhaps the most disturbing, even. So, being the masochistic glutton for punishment that I am, I immediately threw myself headfirst into the next book in the series.

Well, the sequel/prequel Flesh and Blood makes Tail of the Dog seem more like The Tale of Peter Rabbit by comparison.

This book was brutal. Absolutely fucking brutal. I
Lucy
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was extremely difficult for me to read. I'm amazed I was able to finish it. I'm not even sure what else to say. It's a compelling story but the subject matter was just too disturbing. I wanted to quit reading so many times.

I'm putting my big girl panties on and I'm going to dive into book 3, lord help me!
Dorothy Cotton
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book in this series and it was just about the most disturbing thing I'd read... until now, when I read part 2.
Jesus. H. Christ!
Honestly the stuff that Hillary goes through - and has gone through, and is involved with - should happen to no one - and certainly no child. Reading these books is almost like watching a car crash. You know you should stop looking, should just turn and walk away, but the trauma keeps your eyes glued to the action. Don't get me wrong, this story is well
Misty Ray
Oct 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Book two in the Hillary series, but should be read first, honestly, in order to understand what the hell is going on the the other, "Tail of the Dog".

The subject is simple: (view spoiler)...There is a disclaimer printed on the book. If you don't believe the disclaimer, then whatever happens to your stomach is your faul
Jessicka
Nov 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Eddie
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mind-fuck
I can not mark this book among 'the best' and still have any true intentions of living a normal life at peace with myself, and still have a redemptive hope for the cleansing of my mind and soul for what I just read.

So many people marked this book at DNF at between 75% and 86%

Why the fuck did I not listen to them for that?

Did I, Eddie finally reach my breaking point? Have I finally come to the point to where I say 'this is it, no more'?

Do I retreat to the likeness of typical bull-shit ya-parano
Tara Basavanhally
Angel Gelique does an amazing job of delving into the human psych to illustrate the potential evil humans are capable of inflicting upon others. In the case of Hillary, we see a young girl who after suffering through years of sexual abuse from her father and denial from her mother, spirals into a deep depression until one day she “snaps” and completely loses all traces of morality as she seeks bloody revenge on the family and friends who she felt betrayed by during her time of torment. Although ...more
´*•.¸(*•.¸♥Laura♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
The author once again has not pulled any punches and consistently managed to truly horrify me. Flesh and Blood is book 2 of the Hillary series and is told through the eyes of Hillary.

We are given a much too close of a look at what happens behind closed doors. It shows the easy trope of evil, and how an innocent soul can slip, ever so gently, into the quicksand of moral depravity. You never have any illusions early on about what is going to happen, you already know what the outcome is from Tail
Jen Anderson
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Definitely the most twisted novel I have ever read, I'm impressed.
Graphic without being too over the top. Not for the faint hearted though! Probably don't read this if you like children..
Far better than the first novel.. who doesnt love a good origin story?
Cass
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read the warning before jumping in!
Book Two gives us insight about Hillary’s past. It is horrendously brutal. We now get all the answers to what happen to Hillary before book 1. This is a gut wrenching tale. It took me to a very dark place (I feel like I need a teddy bear).
chucklesthescot
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, fiction, ebook
*I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Hillary's happy life vanishes the night that her father starts to molest and rape her. After months of agony she confides in her mother who refuses to help her. Alone and angry, Hillary discovers a new friend inside her head who knows exactly how to make everyone listen to her.

In book one we see the psycho that Hillary became and there was no real sympathy for her or her actions but this prequel novel shows how
Ted
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crazy
Francesca
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hillary: Flesh and Blood gives readers Hillary's backstory, who we first meet in Hillary: Tail of the Dog. She is a beautiful, innocent looking teen, but that is only in appearance. In the first installment we learn just how sinister Hillary can be, and witness the twisted behavior she is capable of. Flesh and Blood gives you a glimpse of how Hillary became the person she is today. This story depicts how a father's actions altered his daughter's life, and the way she decided to compensate for th ...more
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through a First Reads Goodreads giveaway. Let me begin by saying if you are weak in the stomach this is probably not the book for you. However, If you love a good horror, sociopath kind of story this is some excellent reading for you!

Hillary: Flesh and Blood is about a teenager who has been dealt a shitty hand of cards in life. Her father deals out some abuse that no girl should have to deal with. Hillary asks for help but no one will listen and no one believes her. Not surprisin
ToxicAvenger
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Don't get me wrong I think this is a brilliant series and extremely well-written, but I wish I'd read it ten years ago. I'm now so hardened to full-on gore that I casually devoured a pizza while reading one of the most disgusting scenes in the book. But that says much more about me than about the book. If, like me, you've spent your adult (and possibly teen) years seeking out literature that will shock and appall you, then you probably won't flinch. For less hardened readers, yeah this should be ...more
Patricia Kaniasty
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Never in my life have I read such a gory, perverted, sick, and scary book............and I could not put it down. I thought "Hillary" book 1 was tough to read but this one far out does that one. I actually had to put the book down and step away a few times just to take a breather. I felt physically sick reading about the young brother and the twins. Am I depraved for liking this story? Not for the faint of heart or stomach.
Shadow Girl
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think this was the best book in the #HillaryTrilogy!
Full review to come.
Chris Taylor
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wtf have a just read.

That was a page Turner wow

• The Abuse of Ashley Collins
  • Das Geschenk
  • Offline
  • The Executioner (Robert Hunter, #2)
  • Auris
  • The Sisters Grimm
  • The Extinction Trials (The Extinction Trials, #1)
  • Exile (The Extinction Trials #2)
  • Rebel (The Extinction Trials, #3)
  • Das Haus der Mädchen
  • Göttliches Blut (Warrior & Peace, #1)
  • White Trash Gothic
  • Eisiger Kerker
  • Totenfang  (David Hunter, #5)
  • Die ewigen Toten (David Hunter #6)
  • Flugangst 7A
  • Waste of Space
  • It's a Wonderful Death
Take my hand and let me lead you to the dark side....

I don't want you to curl up and be cozy; I want to take you well out of your comfort zone.
I don't want to send a tingle up your spine; I want to paralyze you with fear.
I don't want you to read about a character's fright; I want you to experience it.
I don't want to take you down a well-traveled path; I want to lead you beyond the shadows into a r

Hillary (3 books)
  • Hillary: Tail of the Dog (Hillary, #1)
  • Hillary: Retribution (Hillary, #3)

News & Interviews