Start by marking “Strange Worlds - Surreal Stories and Tainted Tales (Strange Stories #2)” as Want to Read:
Strange Worlds - Surreal Stories and Tainted Tales (Strange Stories #2)

Strange Worlds - Surreal Stories and Tainted Tales (Strange Stories #2)

Slip into fifteen dark tales that show the world through a strange new perspective. Take your imagination on a journey that begins before birth and continues long after death, stopping off to marvel, tremble and wonder at the strange worlds in between.
Meet zombies, vampires, leprechauns, even a genie, as you have never seen them before. Ponder what the world feels like fo
Published May 31st 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 30th 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about Strange Worlds - Surreal Stories and Tainted Tales

David Staniforth
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This four star rating is actually a four and a half, and if marked individually a couple of the stories would be five.

This is the second collection of short stories that I have read by this author, and I have found them just as engrossing and enjoyable as the first collection. I’m not generally keen on short story collections, but these have a refreshing difference.

My favourite is “Chasing Rainbows”, which, like most of the stories, can be read on two levels. There is the overlying tale, but int
Kitty O'Day
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
How wonderful to read a collection of works which start with a poem. The rhythm and beat of the words on the page set the tone for this collection of prose stories and poems linked with a dark tone.
I have not wrote poetry for far to long, even longer to my shame since I wrote any and this book has forced me to realise what I am missing.
I cannot tell you enough, I love this book.
Pure story telling magic for familiar theme or fairy-tales but told with a curved edge.

I do get a bit bored with gramm
Louise West
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another stonker from Victoria Pearson! Having read, and loved, Strange Love: Short Stories and Twisted Tales, I had no hesitation buying this, her next collection of short stories (and poems too- which was a refreshing surprise!). I found the range of ideas as diverse and pleasing as in her last book and many of the stories (Chasing Rainbows and After the End, in particular) prompted an immediate reread. Highly recommended if you like your fiction short, thought-provoking and beautifully written ...more
The Hive
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Heather's review.

In this collection of short stories, we find ourselves on a journey with a mystical flare. Whether you believe that there are “others” amongst us or not, each of her tales have a lesson that most people should learn. The author has done an amazing job with few words to open the reader’s mind without leaving you feel lectured to. Two of the stories that spoke to me the most were “Chasing Rainbows” and “Be careful what you wish for”.
In “Rainbows”, a mother is asked to answer a r
Alana
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2013
I reviewed Victoria Pearson's first short story collection, Strange Love - Short Stories and Twisted Tales back in February and loved it. So, when I was given the chance to review her second collection I jumped at the chance, and it didn't disappoint.

The title of this collection says it all really, some of these stories are very surreal but they are all thoroughly enjoyable. As with her first collection, no two stories are the same and all of the characters are fully formed and really come to li
Miranda Kate
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the tales in this book, and I am struggling to pick a favourite - I think it has to be Clock Watching, which could be a much bigger novel, as we get just glimpses of the characters and story, which has much more under the surface.

I also loved Alienated, Elect TV and After the End. They all offer such unique concepts and perspectives on the world. I particularly liked in After the End the view of what it was to be a zombie, and why they ate living things.

I look forward to readi
Jun 02, 2013
Richard Wall
Apr 09, 2014
Victoria Pearson
May 31, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jo Block
Angela
Sep 28, 2017
Terrie
Jul 30, 2014
Victoria Pearson lives behind a keyboard somewhere in rural Bedfordshire, with her husband, four children and dog. She can never find her car keys.