Start by marking “The Ship with the Flat Tire” as Want to Read:
The Ship with the Flat Tire

The Ship with the Flat Tire

This is a pre ISBN edition.

EVERYTHING ON THE U.S.S. CARNATION WAS BASS ACKWARDS, SO THEY CALLED HER "ASS-1"

The worst thing that happened to the Carnation waws that she left the shipyard. The next worst thing was that Ensign J. Roger Westbury was assigned to her as supply officer.

Westbury has to solve three major problems for which he was monumentally incompetent:
(1) make
Published 1967 by Paperback Library

To ask other readers questions about The Ship with the Flat Tire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ship with the Flat Tire

Start your review of The Ship with the Flat Tire
Eric
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Do people write this kind of book anymore? Maybe I just don't see them or the style has changed drastically. In any case, this is the kind of book guaranteed to have "raucous" on the book jacket, full of episodic hi-jinks, goofy names and a sentimental victory. Books like this eventually spawned movies like Down Periscope. The forgotten corners of the military are kind of the perfect setting for this kind of thing, and the hi-jinks are good. A few of the characters aren't as well defined as they ...more
Steve
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A real funny look at the Navy and an even funnier look at "The Ship with a Flat Tire." I read this book back in the 60's as a teenager I and remembered it as being funny. Having grown up and actually serving time in the Navy, I now consider the book hilarious. I was lucky to find this book again in paperback and really loved reading it again.
Rob Rice