Start by marking “Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)

Friends Without Benefits

(Knitting in the City #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  17,442 ratings  ·  1,461 reviews
This is a previously-published edition - ASIN: B00FJJN0WC

Friends Without Benefits can be read as a standalone, is a full length 120k word novel, and is book#2 in the Knitting in the City Series.

There are three things you need to know about Elizabeth Finney: 1) She suffers from severe sarcastic syndrome, especially when she's unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her like Nico Mang
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 424 pages
Published September 29th 2013 by Caped Publishing

·  17,442 ratings  ·  1,461 reviews

Penny Reid
Sep 30, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

AHHHHHH!!!! For the FIRST TIME EVER, the Knitting in the City Series is available for FREE in Kindle Unlimited! Grab all 10 books for FREE in KU!

Grab ALL the books here:

Christy
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!

“description”/
Love was a choice that I was capable of making just as much as it was a risk I was capable of taking.

One of my ‘reading goals’ this year was to read the back-list of a few of my favorites. Penny Reid was on that list. I’ve read most of her books, but for some reason, I’ve skipped over a few KitC books. What a great time to catch up- right before Dan and Kat’s story comes out! I’m so happy I did. I loved Elizabeth and Nico’s book!

Elizabeth Finney is Janie’s best friend and roommat
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 Italian stars

“Nothing is more frustrating than being attracted to someone who is a complete jerk – except for maybe also caring about that person despite continued abuses. I was such an idiot.”

photo friends without benefits.png

Penny Reid just gets better and better with every book I read by her! After finishing a book that didn't work for me, I needed to dive into something I knew I would love, so I turned to my spirit animal Penny Reid. Yes you read that right, Penny Reid is my spirit animal. Go and find your own!

Fri
Jen
4 Twinkly Eyed Stars

“I even miss our conversations that were arguments.”
“They were all arguments.”
“Not all of them.”
“You’re right—sometimes we didn’t talk.”
“I miss those times the most.”

After reading Friends Without Benefits, I’ve decided to start my very own Penny Reid fan club. Only this woman could write a book I absolutely love, despite the fact I didn’t connect with the heroine, Elizabeth, AT ALL. Not even a little bit. For the most part I wanted to bash my head against a wall in frustra
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 **eye twinkling** STARS

“Italians who speak Italian should be illegal, or at least come with warning labels - may make your panties explode.”

Well, that was a delicious combo between second chance romance, friends to enemies to friends - again to lovers story. It’s all very complicated and tragic but also a whole lot of hilarious - Penny Reid style.

Let's talk story...

“You have to know that I’m in love with you, you have to know that I’ve loved you since we were kids, since before I can
Mo
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it

The first thing I noticed was that his unshaven stubble from last week had grown into a haphazardly trimmed, close cut beard. And looking like sex on a stick – if sex were Italian and the stick had an unfair amount of charisma – he sauntered to us.

I really enjoyed this one. Another funny, witty book from Penny Reid. Bunch of friends who love to knit together. This was about Elizabeth and Nico. Had been childhood “friends” but parted ways years previously.

Elizabeth doesn’t do relation
Kate Sherwood
Oct 11, 2013 rated it did not like it
I forced myself to finish.

I bought this one after reading the first chapter or two of the previous book in the series. After finishing that book I had some reservations, but I charged on.

I wish I hadn't. The heroine is supposed to be smart, but she acts like an idiot. The hero is supposed to be funny, but literally the only way I could tell when he was making an oh-so-hilarious joke rather than just engaging in typical romance-novel banter was that someone would tell him how funny what he just s
Duchess Nicole

Elizabeth and Nico grew up together, and she remembers him as her greatest tormenter. She was the quiet, skinny, nerdy girl in school and he was the popular, good looking jock that always picked on her. She ended up falling in love with his best friend, and when that friend dies, Nico sneaks into her bedroom window for months, just to comfort her. It showed her a whole new side to him, and it scared her that she could be feeling love for another guy, so she up and left him without a word.

So it'
Stacey is Sassy
I love coming back to visit with the Knitting ladies...

This series is one of my very favourites and it has almost become a regular in my re-reads. It's like I can't stay away from Penny Reid's words. I'm not particularly fussy but admit to having a wee bit of a soft spot for the Knitting in the City and Winston Brothes series.

No change to my rating as I'm always left completely satisfied with the story and narration. I will be back for more in the near future.

**********

I saw Dan, Dan The Securit
Catarina
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Knitted Stars!

Elizabeth and Nico know each other since they were kids and despite being “nemesis” they share a lot of childhood memories together. Especially the night that changed everything and caused them to be apart for the next eleven years.
Now, after all this time they meet again, in order to give Nico’s niece a new medical treatment. Now Elizabeth is a doctor and Nico is “The Face”: the host in a very popular comic show having to deal with the public life.
After all these years, feeli
Cyndi
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man, I wish I had more than 5 stars for this book! Penny Reid is a genius with romantic comedies!! She never, NEVER lets me down!
Elizabeth had her heart broken very young and has tried to protect it since then. But she soon learns that the ladies of the knitting group have already helped her to open her heart again.
I love these women and how they always have each others backs.
So when Nico comes back into her life the overworked, completely driven doctor takes the time to fall in love.
I lo
Kat
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
Love Penny Reid to pieces! Elizabeth, our tomboy doctor from book one in the series, is featured here, paired up with a childhood not-quite-crush whom she had a hate-hate thing going on with when she was younger. As in, she was in love with their mutual friend, and when something tragic happened, as they comforted one another, one thing led to another. But the torch Nico has always carried for her is red hot, and that passion really carried off the page. There’s also an insidious stalker storyli ...more
Dee Montoya
***** 5+++ Fun-Freaking-tastic Stars *****

Are you looking for a good time? Well- look no further because Friends Without Benefits is it!
You will laugh, dance to Nsync and the BSB in your panties, swoon over sexy Italian phrases and will probably want to take up knitting after you are done reading this book.

photo tumblr_mwl5h1DLw71qiwls1o1_500_zpsa8ea0307.gif

FWB: An Unrequited Romance is book number two of the Knitting in the City series. In this one we learn about Elizabeth Finney ; she is a twenty six year old Medical Doctor, funny, sarcastic
FMABookReviews
4.5 “twinkling, hot-lava, sexy cake, sex-on-a-stick” Stars!

Friends wo Benefits

That Chapter!!! If you read it, you know the “one”. “Chapter 22” was the sexiest, most romantic chapter I have read in a very long time. It was extremely romantic and incredibly sexy, in its purist structure, it had me swooning, and then it was so damn hot, and sensual that I was fanning myself.

Admittedly, I have read this series out of order. Which for my OCD self, is a HUGE NO, NO! BUT, in the case of this series, no stress was caused,
Geri Reads
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 quirky stars!!

This is live on Amazon folks!! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F...

If you've read Neanderthal Seeks Human then you'll know that Penny Reid has the pulse on the quirky and humorous. Friends Without Benefits, like its predecessor, is a funny, sweet and yes, quirky read.

Our heroine, Elizabeth is Janie's (from NSH) best friend. She and Nicolo "If Sex were Italian and Stick had an Unfair Amount of Charisma" Manganiello grew up together. They have a complicated history together
Michelle [Helen Geek]

Worth the Chili = 0 Stars -- [$I got it for FREE on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Mild
423 pages

Gah! Another one!

Not sure why others liked this so much or maybe why I didn't? I've had this book and the first on my TBR pile for F O R E V E R and needed something different. I was in the mood for some chick-lit fun. This bored
Sabrina
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Another amazing addition to this series. Elizabeth was the character that came off as super confident in the first book, but in her own story we get to see the vulnerable and unsure side to her. I really liked that we got see her when she wasn't completely sure of what she wanted and I admired how she kept herself together when all she wanted to do was fall apart. Nico was just what this group of knitters needed, and definitely what Elizabeth needed. I loved how
Tweebs♥️ (hiatus)
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
{slides $5}

someone find me a guy like Nico or just find me Nico himself :)
Katerina
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Elizabeth is Janie's best friend, and a valued member of the Knitting Ladies Circle.

I was hesitant with this book because it was a second chance love story. I rarely ever can stand second chance love stories; they make me angry and the angst is always high. For the first sixty percent, I felt really good, like a definite four star rating was on the way — I was whooping at PR for her ability to change my mind. The last forty percent, I back stepped 'cause I didn't it enjoy so much.

Both Nico and
BookLover
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fantastic follow-up to the Neanderthal books. Elizabeth’s story stood out all on it’s own. The Neanderthal stories won me over with Janie’s hilarious quirkiness and Quinn’s alpha male awesomeness. This story won me over with Elizabeth’s tortured and skewed filter on relationships and Nico’s unbelievably sweet and unwavering love for Elizabeth.

What I loved about this book:
1. Unlike the first 2 in this series, I listened to the audio version of this book. The narrator was fantastic and the voice/a
Shawna
Solid 4 stars – Contemporary Romance

I’ve read this series out of order, but so far, Nico and Elizabeth’s story has been my favorite. The heroine’s reluctance and resistance drove me nuts at times, and I really wanted dreamy Nico’s POV and more steam/sexy times. Even so, I still really enjoyed this one.
Didi
What can I say that will give justice to this superbly phenomenal book??!!

IT WAS FANTASTIC. FANTASTIC. AND...MORE FANTASTIC!!

This is the second book in the Knitting in the City series, but can be read as a standalone like it's forerunner, Neanderthal Seeks Human. I'm reading that one soon. Both are HEA's and speaking for the former, fantastic!

It was laugh-out-loud hilarious! literally barking out laughter like a banshee! And we're not talking silly humour, no, it was witty, intelligent and extr
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Penny Reid is known for her witty romances. It’s what drew me to her work initially and keeps me coming back for more. Her Knitting in the City series is an excellent example of her clever storytelling. Each book details the life of one of the ladies in an eccentric knitting group. While quite enjoyable, Friends Without Benefits lacks some of the whimsical spirit I anticipated.

This is Elizabeth’s story. She has blossomed from a scrawny, insecure teenager who was bullied, into a desirabl
Karima chermiti
#1 : Neanderthal Seeks Human : 4 stars

#Smutathon challenge 2 : Friends With Benefits

Full Review posted

Sadly, of all the Penny Reid books that I've read, This one is my least favorite.

Friends without benefits is an adult romance and the second book in the knitting in the city series by Penny Reid, my favorite romance author. It follows Elizabeth, a character that we get to meet in the first book but in this book, we get to know her better as she is the focus of the story.

I've learned that the
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Italian stallion stars for is one.

I read my first book by this author a while back and I honestly don't have a clue why I didn't continue on through her books because her writing style is pure brilliance..... 100% brilliance. She has this way of giving me my perfect characters..... The head strong, feisty, sarcastic but vulnerable leading women and the alpha, hot hot hot stubborn leading men.

In this second book the author did not disappoint....again we had these amazing characters, there wa
Sadie
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
First off this book is soooooo slow. I really don't want my books to move at the same pace as life. That's called boring.

Also, I couldn't get beyond three things:

1. Really? The hero has a show where everyone has to be naked? And it's popular and "smart"?

2. The heroine really thinks she's a horrible person? On the evidence of basically nothing?

3. Really? They're never on the same page? And for no reason? I hate when I feel like I can see the author pulling strings and laughingly shouting, "Dance,
Dali
Oh the wonderful feels! I loved this sweet seduction!!

Review pending.

Amazon -> http://amzn.to/2kbf9xz
Jacob Proffitt
This is second in a series and should probably be read in order. I bounced pretty hard off of Neanderthal Seeks Human and just kind of hoped that it wouldn't matter much. Fortunately, that mostly worked out. I mean, you get the couple from that book in this one more than a little. But I was never confused or felt left out or like I was missing important details.

I didn't bounce off of this one like I did the first, though I kind of wish that I had. I spent the first pretty much hating Elizabeth.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This is the second book in this series and I am listening to the audio versions. I love how audio books bring another layer to stories with accents, intonation and the ability to express the feelings and emotions moreso than print.

Nico is not someone that Elizabeth ever planned on seeing again but when someone in his family needs medical help from the hospital she works at he is suddenly back in her life after seeing each other since they were teenagers. Nico is a very well known actor now and h
K.M. Galvin
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
From pagetrotter.blogspot.com

(fair warning: I've had a lot of coffee so I'll try to make this as coherent as possible :/)

Ok so let me begin by saying that Penny has nerd-ed her way up into my Top Contemporary Romance Writers List. The capital letters are to let you know that I mean business and that this is a real list...that's in my head but still. Deserves capital letters. Kelsie! Kelsie! What does it take to be on that list?! First, simmer down, I will tell you. You MUST have the ability to w

• The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • The Home Court Advantage (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • Killer Queen (Painted Faces, #2)
  • Love Kinection
  • Sex Snob
  • Heartwood (Carved Hearts, #3)
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Tattoos and Tatas (Chocoholics, #2.5)
  • Sweetened With a Kiss (Southern Style, #1)
  • LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology, Volume 1
  • Wanderlust (Modern Love Story, #3)
  • Artistic License
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)
“Boy bands are sent by God to aid women of all ages in their quest to avoid reality, but specifically to trick young women into believing that males think about topics other than sex.” 32 likes
“I've learned that the more people I love — and I mean really, really, completely, unconditionally love — the happier I am.” 24 likes