Start by marking “Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)” as Want to Read:
Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)

Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City #2)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  11,285 Ratings  ·  948 Reviews
Friends Without Benefits can be read as a standalone, is a full length 120k word novel, and is book#2 in the Knitting in the City Series.

There are three things you need to know about Elizabeth Finney: 1) She suffers from severe sarcastic syndrome, especially when she's unnerved, 2) No one unnerves her like Nico Manganiello, and 3) She knows how to knit.

Elizabeth Finney i
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 424 pages
Published September 29th 2013 by Caped Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Friends Without Benefits, please sign up.

Mish mAn-gAn-iEllo <-- not sure if that makes any sense so maybe check youtube for interviews of Joe Manganiello - there must be some where they say his…moremAn-gAn-iEllo <-- not sure if that makes any sense so maybe check youtube for interviews of Joe Manganiello - there must be some where they say his name!(less)

Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 Italian stars

“Nothing is more frustrating than being attracted to someone who is a complete jerk – except for maybe also caring about that person despite continued abuses. I was such an idiot.”

photo friends without benefits.png

Penny Reid just gets better and better with every book I read by her! After finishing a book that didn't work for me, I needed to dive into something I knew I would love, so I turned to my spirit animal Penny Reid. Yes you read that right, Penny Reid is my spirit animal. Go and find your own!

Fri
Jen
4 Twinkly Eyed Stars

“I even miss our conversations that were arguments.”
“They were all arguments.”
“Not all of them.”
“You’re right—sometimes we didn’t talk.”
“I miss those times the most.”

After reading Friends Without Benefits, I’ve decided to start my very own Penny Reid fan club. Only this woman could write a book I absolutely love, despite the fact I didn’t connect with the heroine, Elizabeth, AT ALL. Not even a little bit. For the most part I wanted to bash my head against a wall in frustra
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 **eye twinkling** STARS

“Italians who speak Italian should be illegal, or at least come with warning labels - may make your panties explode.”

Well, that was a delicious combo between second chance romance, friends to enemies to friends - again to lovers story. It’s all very complicated and tragic but also a whole lot of hilarious - Penny Reid style.

Let's talk story...

“You have to know that I’m in love with you, you have to know that I’ve loved you since we were kids, since before I can
Mo
Mar 11, 2014 Mo rated it really liked it

The first thing I noticed was that his unshaven stubble from last week had grown into a haphazardly trimmed, close cut beard. And looking like sex on a stick – if sex were Italian and the stick had an unfair amount of charisma – he sauntered to us.

I really enjoyed this one. Another funny, witty book from Penny Reid. Bunch of friends who love to knit together. This was about Elizabeth and Nico. Had been childhood “friends” but parted ways years previously.

Elizabeth doesn’t do relation
Duchess Nicole

Elizabeth and Nico grew up together, and she remembers him as her greatest tormenter. She was the quiet, skinny, nerdy girl in school and he was the popular, good looking jock that always picked on her. She ended up falling in love with his best friend, and when that friend dies, Nico sneaks into her bedroom window for months, just to comfort her. It showed her a whole new side to him, and it scared her that she could be feeling love for another guy, so she up and left him without a word.

So it'
Kate Sherwood
Oct 11, 2013 Kate Sherwood rated it did not like it
I forced myself to finish.

I bought this one after reading the first chapter or two of the previous book in the series. After finishing that book I had some reservations, but I charged on.

I wish I hadn't. The heroine is supposed to be smart, but she acts like an idiot. The hero is supposed to be funny, but literally the only way I could tell when he was making an oh-so-hilarious joke rather than just engaging in typical romance-novel banter was that someone would tell him how funny what he just s
Catarina
Mar 22, 2014 Catarina rated it really liked it
4 Knitted Stars!

Elizabeth and Nico know each other since they were kids and despite being “nemesis” they share a lot of childhood memories together. Especially the night that changed everything and caused them to be apart for the next eleven years.
Now, after all this time they meet again, in order to give Nico’s niece a new medical treatment. Now Elizabeth is a doctor and Nico is “The Face”: the host in a very popular comic show having to deal with the public life.
After all these years, feeli
FMABookReviews
4.5 “twinkling, hot-lava, sexy cake, sex-on-a-stick” Stars!

Friends wo Benefits

That Chapter!!! If you read it, you know the “one”. “Chapter 22” was the sexiest, most romantic chapter I have read in a very long time. It was extremely romantic and incredibly sexy, in its purist structure, it had me swooning, and then it was so damn hot, and sensual that I was fanning myself.

Admittedly, I have read this series out of order. Which for my OCD self, is a HUGE NO, NO! BUT, in the case of this series, no stress was caused,
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Aug 28, 2013 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
4.5 quirky stars!!

This is live on Amazon folks!! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F...

If you've read Neanderthal Seeks Human then you'll know that Penny Reid has the pulse on the quirky and humorous. Friends Without Benefits, like its predecessor, is a funny, sweet and yes, quirky read.

Our heroine, Elizabeth is Janie's (from NSH) best friend. She and Nicolo "If Sex were Italian and Stick had an Unfair Amount of Charisma" Manganiello grew up together. They have a complicated history together
Dee Montoya
***** 5+++ Fun-Freaking-tastic Stars *****

Are you looking for a good time? Well- look no further because Friends Without Benefits is it!
You will laugh, dance to Nsync and the BSB in your panties, swoon over sexy Italian phrases and will probably want to take up knitting after you are done reading this book.

photo tumblr_mwl5h1DLw71qiwls1o1_500_zpsa8ea0307.gif

FWB: An Unrequited Romance is book number two of the Knitting in the City series. In this one we learn about Elizabeth Finney ; she is a twenty six year old Medical Doctor, funny, sarcastic
BookLover
Jun 06, 2015 BookLover rated it really liked it
Fantastic follow-up to the Neanderthal books. Elizabeth’s story stood out all on it’s own. The Neanderthal stories won me over with Janie’s hilarious quirkiness and Quinn’s alpha male awesomeness. This story won me over with Elizabeth’s tortured and skewed filter on relationships and Nico’s unbelievably sweet and unwavering love for Elizabeth.

What I loved about this book:
1. Unlike the first 2 in this series, I listened to the audio version of this book. The narrator was fantastic and the voice/a
Didi
What can I say that will give justice to this superbly phenomenal book??!!

IT WAS FANTASTIC. FANTASTIC. AND...MORE FANTASTIC!!

This is the second book in the Knitting in the City series, but can be read as a standalone like it's forerunner, Neanderthal Seeks Human. I'm reading that one soon. Both are HEA's and speaking for the former, fantastic!

It was laugh-out-loud hilarious! literally barking out laughter like a banshee! And we're not talking silly humour, no, it was witty, intelligent and extr
Shawna
Aug 27, 2014 Shawna rated it really liked it
Solid 4 stars – Contemporary Romance

I’ve read this series out of order, but so far, Nico and Elizabeth’s story has been my favorite. The heroine’s reluctance and resistance drove me nuts at times, and I really wanted dreamy Nico’s POV and more steam/sexy times. Even so, I still really enjoyed this one.
Dali
Oh the wonderful feels! I loved this sweet seduction!!

Review pending.

Worth the Chili = 0 Stars -- [$I got it for FREE on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Mild
423 pages

Gah! Another one!

Not sure why others liked this so much or maybe why I didn't? I've had this book and the first on my TBR pile for F O R E V E R and needed something different. I was in the mood for some chick-lit fun. This bored
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie
4.5 Italian stallion stars for is one.

I read my first book by this author a while back and I honestly don't have a clue why I didn't continue on through her books because her writing style is pure brilliance..... 100% brilliance. She has this way of giving me my perfect characters..... The head strong, feisty, sarcastic but vulnerable leading women and the alpha, hot hot hot stubborn leading men.

In this second book the author did not disappoint....again we had these amazing characters, there wa
Gisele
Jul 16, 2013 Gisele rated it it was amazing
4,5 Nicolicious stars

Penny, congratulations dear! Your second book is even better than the first. :)

Friends Without Benefits is a sweet, touching and very funny history that will caught you from the very beginning and even though you may want to punch the heroine in the face a couple of times, you won’t be able to put it down!

But first of all let me introduce you to the one and only, Nico Manganiello:

And now meet this stubborn but very nice lady, Elizabeth Finney:

These two have known each other
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)

Penny Reid is known for her witty romances. It’s what drew me to her work initially and keeps me coming back for more. Her Knitting in the City series is an excellent example of her clever storytelling. Each book details the life of one of the ladies in an eccentric knitting group. While quite enjoyable, Friends Without Benefits lacks some of the whimsical spirit I anticipated.

This is Elizabeth’s story. She has blossomed from a scrawny, insecure teenager who was bullied, into a desirabl
K.M. Galvin
Aug 23, 2013 K.M. Galvin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
From pagetrotter.blogspot.com

(fair warning: I've had a lot of coffee so I'll try to make this as coherent as possible :/)

Ok so let me begin by saying that Penny has nerd-ed her way up into my Top Contemporary Romance Writers List. The capital letters are to let you know that I mean business and that this is a real list...that's in my head but still. Deserves capital letters. Kelsie! Kelsie! What does it take to be on that list?! First, simmer down, I will tell you. You MUST have the ability to w
Sadie
Nov 10, 2013 Sadie rated it it was ok
First off this book is soooooo slow. I really don't want my books to move at the same pace as life. That's called boring.

Also, I couldn't get beyond three things:

1. Really? The hero has a show where everyone has to be naked? And it's popular and "smart"?

2. The heroine really thinks she's a horrible person? On the evidence of basically nothing?

3. Really? They're never on the same page? And for no reason? I hate when I feel like I can see the author pulling strings and laughingly shouting, "Dance,
Jacqueline
Nov 22, 2014 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
Witty, romantic and original. I flove Penny Reid. This is the story of how stand up comedian Nico and naive doc Elizabeth Finney get together. I love experiencing the chase, watching the devoted and beautiful male character go after the clueless female, wearing her down with his sultriness and manliness and natural wit. I got all of th he feels reading this.

The pda at the end spoiled it a little for me - spilling your emotional guts in front of a huge audience felt a bit naff to me. It was right
Jamie
Oct 12, 2014 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! Hilarious, Sweet, Steamy... Romance at its best! I laughed out loud several times and ended it with a big ole smile on my face. Perfection!

Zakirrah BookBlogger
Sep 18, 2013 Zakirrah BookBlogger rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-or-netgalley
4 Knitting Stars!

Why do I take so long getting round to writing some reviews? I'm sorry Penny! Finally getting round it and now I need to recap the story.
....................

Okay here goes ;)

“He was hot like lava and sexy like cake. Wait, like lava cake. Yum.”

I decided before reading this one I had to read book 1 even though this book can be read as a standalone. I don't usually go into a book which is in a series without starting from the beginning or else I feel like I am missing out on so
Heather
Sep 16, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
It's no secret that I was a HUGE fan of Penny Reid's first book, Neanderthal Seeks Human (NSH). When I got this book this morning, I dropped everything and read the entire book nearly without stopping. I'm not ashamed to be a consumer of books. I'll read this one many more times, as I have with NSH as Reid's books get better and better the more they are exposed to your brain.

Friends Without Benefits (FWB) is the story of Elizabeth and Nico. We met Elizabeth in NSH as she is Janie's best friend.
Lady Heather
Sep 17, 2014 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, strong sassy kick-ass women - alpha friggn Nico luuvas

First read: September 17-18, 2014
AMAZING!

Second read: October 16-17, 2015

Third read: September 26-October 2, 2016

photo read along.jpg

WHO: All are welcome! It doesn't matter if you've read Friends Without Benefits already. Some of you will be re-reading for the 5th time, some of you don't even KNOW about Freakin' Nico yet.
WHAT: Read-along, discussions, graphics sharing, giveaways, favorite quotes, questions for the author. At the end of each day there will be a giveaway.
WHERE: On the Facebook
WHEN: It starts next M
Linda
Jul 24, 2016 Linda rated it really liked it
I am really digging this author! This is the third book of hers that I have read and I love her style and sense of humor.

All the books in this series can be read as standalones (except for book 1 and 1.5) but because I am a bit obsessive about reading in order, I started with book one. I absolutely adored Janie and Quinn and I was so glad they had a few appearances in this book. Elizabeth and Nico were great characters, but not quite at the same level as Janie and Quinn- for me, anyways. I still
Jo
My earliest memory was thinking that I wanted her to stay with me always. My mother liked to remind me that I used to ask if we could keep her.

Nobody unnerves Elizabeth Finney more than Nico Manganiello. Ever since she was three and he four he has plagued her with pranks, and meanness. She though he hated her, even when she fell in love with his best friend Garrett, he kept bullying her. But when Garrett died when she was sixteen, Nico was the one who comforted her for months, who made her fe

Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
Friends Without Benefits was--in a word-- Bellissima.

Okay, I'm not 100% sure I'm using that word correctly. Bellissimo? Whatever. I'm not Italian. But I am grateful that my Kindle was giving me the translations to all of the beautiful and funny Italian quips and sagely proverbs. What I AM 100% positive about is that Penny Reid has yet again knocked my socks off.

Like the first book in the Knitting In The City series (Neanderthal Seeks Human), this book is written in 1st person narrative from the
♥Sharon♥
Oct 18, 2013 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I loved it.

This is the second book I have read by Penny Reid and it was as good as the first, if not better. :). It was fun to read but it was also fantastic story of two people reconnecting.

Friends Without Benefits is the second book in the Knitting in the City series. It is Elizabeth and Nico's story. Elizabeth is such a great heroine. She is witty, sarcastic, compassionate, strong and naturally beautiful. Nico is a hot Italian! He is honest, funny, loves hard and just puts
Looking for good book 2 28 Sep 21, 2015 09:27PM
Sharks of Awesome: Friends Without Benefits 3 54 Apr 11, 2015 10:07PM
  • Live (Burnside, #1)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Artistic License
  • The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)
  • Kulti
  • Sex Snob
  • Confessions of a Reformed Tom Cat (Wingmen, #2)
  • The Do-Over
  • Finding Willow (Freedom, #0.5)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology - Volume 1 - Thirteen All-New Romance Stories by Bestselling Authors
  • Love Thy Neighbour (Friend-Zoned, #2)
  • The Home Court Advantage (Lawyers in Love, #2)
About Penny:
Penny Reid is the USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers and Knitting in the City series. When she’s not immersed in penning smart romances, Penny works in the biotech industry as a researcher. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive adults, wife, daughter, knitter, crocheter, sewer, general crafter, and thought ninja.

Just Released:

MAY 2017: Dating-ish, Knitting i
More about Penny Reid...

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)

“Boy bands are sent by God to aid women of all ages in their quest to avoid reality, but specifically to trick young women into believing that males think about topics other than sex.” 22 likes
“Sorry, sometimes when I try to rhyme I end up sounding like Yoda.” 20 likes