Start by marking “Blood Red Sea (Maddox #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Red Sea (Maddox #2)

Blood Red Sea

(Maddox #2)

The year is 1944.

After five hard-fought years, the Allies are close to victory.

But Germany still has one last secret - and one that could still turn the war in its favour.

Travelling on a U-boat to Japan is a highly explosive uranium bomb, the first of its kind.

But why are the Nazis giving such a precious weapon to the Japanese?

And where might the Japanese use it?

In Lon
Published March 27th 2013 by Endeavour Press Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Blood Red Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Red Sea

Start your review of Blood Red Sea (Maddox #2)
Olethros
Nov 16, 2013 rated it liked it
-Con Aliados como éstos no hacen falta enemigos del Eje.-

Género. Novela.

Lo que nos cuenta. A finales del año 1944, y durante la Segunda Guerra Mundial, un submarino alemán lleva una carga muy importante a bordo con destino desconocido. Por su parte, los Aliados planean un asalto de 12 comandos, con un grupo compuesto a partes iguales por operativos estadounidenses, británicos y franceses, en el seno de la Operación Arc Light, que transportará a los militares en submarino hasta una pequeña isla
Chris Bullock
Aug 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well written and readable. Nice interesting relationships between the French, British and Americans during possible confrontations with the Germans in WW2. Enjoyable.
Boss Hogg
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good fun romp, with notes of Where Eagles Dare, Guns of Navarone, the Dirty Dozen and all that jazz. Not for those who want an accurate, on the nose piece of realism. But then, that Sixties/ Seventies men's adventure genre was never about that. Genuine moments of suspense. Toss your brain away and enjoy. Nice twists kept me jumping to the end. If you're an American, give it a miss, just saying.
Wayne Marinovich
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful WWII story with one of my favourite characters I have read this year, Maddox.

For lovers of MacLean, Ludlum, iggins and Forsyth, you will not be disappointed.
Luke Eadie
I was really thrilled with Maddox Book 01, "When Eagles Burn", so I gladly paid the $2.99 for this on Kindle. Honestly, it was even better than the first one. The book is over double the length of the first one, so it gives a lot more room for character development (which Jack Hayes did really well here). The only reasons this book isn't a 5-star read was the violence and the ending. I won't give any spoilers, but the cliffhanger ending really annoyed me. So overall, this was a really good book ...more
Kathy Dickson
Okay

I was a little confused by the ending of this book but figured it out. It was a good read if you like semi historical fiction.
Martin Hill
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A joint force of British, American, and French commandoes are tasked assaulting a fortified German island in the Pacific and capture the Nazis' last secret weapon--an atomic bomb. But there is more to this mission than that relatively simple task. Each team of specialists has its own secret orders to follow, and successfully executing them means betraying the other teams.

In Blood Red Sea, British author Jack Hayes creates a wartime story of deceit and double-crosses in the tradition of Alistair
Terry Wilkes
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is my second Jack Hayes book. I downloaded Candleburn, enjoyed it and started following Jack on Twitter.
I wanted to read Saving Hitler after seeing its release tweeted and then found out it was the second book in a series. I do not like reading books out of order so I picked this one up first.
I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Sunday afternoons as a child watching films like the Kelly's Heroes and Von Ryan's Express. Bravado nonsense, but first rate bravado nonsense.
I would read it wit
Shirley Doering
Blood Red Sea.

I thought the book was quite good and I thought the book was written in the past couple of years
Owen Beattie
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book, not much else to say, except read the rest!
Mike Gilmer
Feb 01, 2016
Jeremy Newman
Mar 10, 2014
Jack Hayes
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Greg
May 13, 2016
Rob Naugher
Dec 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• In Danger's Path (The Corps, #8)
  • Operation Armageddon
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #14)
  • Don't You Know Me?
  • Got The Look (Jack Swyteck, #5)
  • The Pardon (Jack Swyteck, #1)
  • Last To Die (Jack Swyteck, #3)
  • Night Action
  • Counterattack (The Corps, #3)
  • Our Glorious Century
  • To So Few: A Novel of the Battle of Britain (A Harry Rose Novel Book 1)
  • When Darkness Falls (Jack Swyteck, #6)
  • Beaufighter Blitz: A Novel of the RAF (A Harry Rose Novel Book 2)
  • Last Call (Jack Swyteck, #7)
  • Born to Run (Jack Swyteck, #8)
  • Headcase
  • Colton's Mate (Wild Blood Shifters #2)
Jack Hayes is a journalist for one of the world's largest news companies. He has reported from Ethiopia, Mozambique, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Palestine, Saudi Arabia and many others.

When he's not reporting or writing novels, he enjoys music, reading, Italian cuisine and spending time with his two-year-old son.

For the latest on his upcoming books, join the official Jack Hayes twitter feed:

Maddox (4 books)
  • When Eagles Burn (Maddox #1)
  • Saving Hitler (Maddox #3)
  • No Easy Mission (Maddox #4)