Start by marking “Welcome Back, Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #28)” as Want to Read:
Welcome Back, Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #28)

Welcome Back, Stacey

(The Baby-Sitters Club #28)

Stacey's parents are getting divorced and she has to decide whether to stay in New York with her father or move back to Stoneybrook with her mother.
Kindle Edition
Published July 30th 2013 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome Back, Stacey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome Back, Stacey

Shira
this is my first time reading this book!

stacey's parents announce that they are getting a divorce. stacey's dad decides to move on up to the east side while stacey's mother decides to return to stoneybrook. though they will have joint custody of stacey, they ask stacey to choose which parent she would like to live with primarily. unsurprisingly (based on the spoiler title) she chooses stoneybrook and moves into the house behind the pikes where the weird french people that the pikes thought were
Ciara
Aug 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a cute above the average BSC book, probably because there's not much babysitting involved. in the first chapter, stacey is sitting for henry & grace walker, two little kids that live in her NYC apartment building. she's a little distracted, thinking about how her parents haven't been getting along lately. sure enough, when she goes back to her floor, she can hear her parents screaming at each other from the elevator. they are mostly arguing about money. apparently mrs. mcgill dropped over $1 ...more
Sally
Apparently this was written because Stacey was a fan favourite so it made sense to move her back to Stoneybrook? Raar, ugh, is all I say. ;)
Stacey moved to Stoneybrook, Connecticut, returned to New York City, and is now back in Stoneybrook. Sounds like a television star who returns to aide a failing sitcom. The reason for her return is the impending divorce of her parents. Martin follows the typical line when it comes to dealing with the subject of divorce, Stacey's experience reads like a "helpful" pamphlet.
Chrissy
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm pretty sure this one was one of my favorites when I was a kid.
At the time, I didn't realize how horrible poor Stacey's "sophisticated" outfits really were! Ouch!
I'd totally forgotten about Laine! How did that happen?!
I still think Stacey is my favorite! Wish I still had book 3 around!
Maria Elmvang
Again, well done handling a heavy subject. Ann M. Martin does get a tad tacky at times, but this she did well.
Erin
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
WELCOME BACK!!
Rhiannon1220
Aug 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This whole series is great for girls between 11-15 years old. I read every last one of them as I was growing up.
GraceWastheAnswer
Yay! Stacey is back! I bet Anne had this planned out long before! Boost the book sales, Stacey has returned.
Hallie
Stacey's back, hot dogs are a popular item to feed your baby-sitting charges, and Logan still has a ridiculously exaggerated Kentucky accent. All is well in Stoneybrook
Samantha
When I was in fourth grade my best friends parents split up. When we were in fifth grade her mom met a new man, and they decided to get married. I knew that she would be moving, though the day of the move felt very abrupt. There was seriously very little time between her mother meeting this man and them deciding to shove his giant family and my friend and her mom into a house together. I was devastated because she was in school for like a half day on Valentine's Day. I had gotten her a present, ...more
lisa
Scholastic bends to peer pressure from the readers, and brings Stacey back to Stoneybrook in this book. This is the first time any of the baby sitters have dealt with the divorce of a parent in real time, so to speak. Instead of hearing about it second hand, as Kristy or Dawn tells you their memories about it, we are along for the ride as Stacey processes and deals with her parent's divorce.

Things I remember from reading this as a kid:
Stacey calls the marriage counselor a "divorce counselor" ma
Brooke
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacey books are so easy to love because they always mostly begin and end with funny adventures and drama. Not to mention beautiful outfits:

pg. 52: short red pants, purple suspenders, yellow and black sweatshirt, purple push down socks, red high-tops, wooden banana and orange necklace, sunglasses earrings, and red scarf headband (Stacey)

pg. 54: jean jacket (Stacey)

pg. 129: headband with huge red rose, long, oversized black and white sweater, skin-tight black leggings, pink and black socks, black
Ashley
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, bsc, own, reread
The baby-sitting in this book is nearly non-existent, replaced by Stacey's teenage angst. (I mean, I guess it's allowed - her parents are splitting up, after all. I'm just glad my parents divorced when I was six or seven, so I don't remember it and couldn't be an angsty teen about it lol.) And I think it's an important BSC book, because it shows divorce as it's happening, and it shows kids that their feelings are allowed. But reading this as an adult, it's like "bring on the Rodowskys already" l ...more
Samantha McNulty
#1 for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon, April 2019
Nicolette
This feels like a neat and clean version of what an adult thinks a kid going through divorce needs to read about.
Logan Hughes
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babysitters-club
Stacey's parents get divorced.

Stacey is distraught by her parents' fighting, but more so by their announcement that they have irreconcilable differences and have decided to get a divorce. She thinks they’re just being babyish, and comes up with various schemes to get them to fall in love again. They don’t work. She’s not looking forward to choosing which parent to live with, but she’s intrigued when her mother starts looking at places in Stoneybrook. Once she goes back to see Claudia and look fo
Swankivy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is again one of the books that tells you what's going to happen in the title. It's not much of a surprise when one of the big plot points is Stacey struggling to decide whether she's going to move to Stoneybrook with her mom or stay in New York with her dad when her parents get divorced. If they're welcoming her back, it's no fun to wonder what she's going to decide.

This is the first time in the series that one of the sitters actually has to deal with parents divorcing (though they've had p
Tiffany Spencer
Welcome Back Stacey
PLOT: Stacey's parent's decide to get a divorce, and she has to decide with parent she wants to live with.

MY THOUGHTS: This one didn't require too much thought or opinion. I tried to remember back to so long ago when my parent's got divorced. I was much younger than Stacey. Books like this tend to go into the kid's anger. I'm sure I felt that, but for some reason I don't remember feeling it as intensely. Maybe that's because my parents have always stayed minutes away from each
Julie Decker
Stacey's life is a mess; her parents are getting divorced and she has to decide whether to move back to Stoneybrook with her mom--when she's only just gotten settled in New York again!

The good things about this book include Stacey getting to have a book that doesn't focus on her having diabetes and having the hard choices really blow her world apart. Sadly, the book tries to say what the parents fight about and it sounds so simplistic and superficial that I had trouble believing the parents wer
Edward Creter
This is another rare BSC I give 4-stars to because it touched my heart on so many levels. Stacey, the diabetic 13-year-old, and still living in NY, has a mom and dad about to divorce and fight for joint custody of Stacey, their only child. Stace feels herself torn in half as she's forced to reevaluate her life and choose between living with Dad in NY, orrr...moving back with mom to Stoneybrook...and the BSC where she truly belongs. I myself was a victim of my own parents' legal seperation so it' ...more
April
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, reviewed

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Mary Alex
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I was glad that Stacey came back to Stoneybrook. Despite her being quite irritating at times, the books weren't the same without her.

The reason why I gave this book 4 stars is because of Mallory's whining at the end. Any scene with Mallory whining requires a star drop, in my opinion.

Despite Mallory, Welcome Back, Stacey is a pretty enjoyable book. I'm going to miss Stacey baby-sitting the Walkers, though.
Jenn
Mar 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc
As a child, I was just like "Yay! Stacey is coming back! Woo she's wearing a crazy outfit! (More on that later)". But as an adult, I can really see how well-written and thoughtful this book was...read more here.
M.M. Strawberry Library & Reviews
In the first book of this series, Stacey was new, having just moved from New York to Coneecticut. Later, she had to go back to New York because of her dad's job, but now her parents are divorced and she was given a choice. It is a difficult one, but she eventually decides to come back to Stoneybrook, where the BSC welcome her back.
Melissa
Nov 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youth
I wish I could write adequate reviews for this series, because I loved it when I read them. However, it was so long ago, and I was so young, only 10-12 years old, that I do not remember much.

All I remember from this instalment is that I was thrilled that Stacey was back, because I did not like that the club members had to be separated. Childish, I know...
Amie
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc, books-i-own
This book would be perfect for a child experiencing their parents' divorce. There is a small matchmaking attempt made by Stacey, but even she realizes the separation is inevitable. Big decisions must be made, and Stacey is old enough for her voice to be heard.
Amanda
Feb 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
A good series that I enjoyed as a child.I would recommend this to children as I still remember the story to this day.
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
  • The Bully (Sweet Valley Twins, #19)

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 131 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)