Start by marking “You Belong with Me (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Belong with Me (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #1)

You Belong with Me

(Love and Dessert Trilogy #1)

Published May 28th 2013

To ask other readers questions about You Belong with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Belong with Me

Start your review of You Belong with Me (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #1)
Pam
3 stars

Three sisters have been given a chance to finally live a life with "stability, happiness and belonging" courtesy of their grandmother. Her legacy along with her bakery and home is all she has left and its time to right the wrongs her son caused his family.

Layla, Kit and Jane all embark on a new adventure to see if they have what it takes to make it all as a baker, but at this stage in their lives this opportunity could not have come at a better time. Layla is a cynic, she doesnt
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I've lost track of how many times I've read this one. I'm reading all of Shannon's books again for Swoon Fest, and they are just as much fun this time around.

I loved the plot of three sisters inheriting their grandmothers bakery. I liked how it brought them all together and presented a chance for all of them to change their lives for the better. I like each of the sisters and it was fun seeing how close they are. Kind of made me wish I had a sister! There is a small mystery that carries out
Kathy Jo
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
2016: Still love it as much as the other times I've read it! One of my favorite series for sure!

You Belong With Me was the very first Shannon Guymon book I ever read and I absolutely LOVED it!!

The Love and Dessert Trilogy is about 3 sister who have inherited their grandmother's bakery. They were all living in different places but all needed a fresh start in life. They had their doubts at first but being together and doing something new that they loved brought them even closer than they were
Anne
I think it's fair enough to say that I pretty much devoured this book. I read it in just over a day, which is extremely fast for me, especially considering that I rarely get out of my historical-romance-comfort-zone. I'm glad I took the leap this time and tried something different, because You Belong With Me was really, really, REALLY good! I was pulled into the story and the character's lives immediately and was surprised at how much I was enjoying myself.

Layla, Kit and Jane all plunge
Katie W
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What have I been waiting for? I've had this one for awhile and have just been too busy to read it. I made time and wished I would have sooner. I LOVED IT!!

Layla is a burned out social worker, ready for a change. When her paternal grandma wills her (and her two younger sisters) her bakery, Layla, Kit, and Jane jump at the chance to run it. Since her dad walked out on the family years and years ago, Layla is a little gun-shy with men and doesn't have the trust and courage it takes to pursue a
Kathy
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013

Shannon Guymon is another author who is topping my list of favorite "clean" romance authors.

I was excited to see that she had a new series coming out and jumped at the chance to review it. You Belong With Me is the first book in the series and follows three sisters - Layla, Kit and Jane as they start life over as the new owners of their grandmother's bakery.

The first book focuses mainly on Layla and her developing relationship with Michael.  I'm a lover of happily ever after romances so I these
Tara
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
One word comes to mind with this one: sweet. I had a hard time getting into it at first, but I think that would have happened with anything I picked up, because I still had book hangover from the last book I read and loved. But eventually I got into this one and liked it. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed because I really like Rob and was hoping he would end up being with Kit, but I know he's the main character in a book in another series, so that can't be the case. :( But Tate and Jane had ...more
Kristen
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lovvvved it! Sooo good. The romance was GREAT, the characters were fun (except Ashley and Alex of course). Can't wait to read the other two in the series.

Moral Note: talk of drug use/addiction, clean romance, clean language. Very mild talk of child/spousal abuse.
Valerie Waters
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lendable-ebooks
Well my goodread friends, you have done it again!! This was such a cute romance! I LOVED Michael! He was so awesome!! I loved the sisters and their sweet relationship.
Megan
This was an alright story, but there was so much happening and the sisters all took to baking too easily in my opinion. I know it's "in their blood", since their grandmother was the owner before them, but to go from not really baking at all to making the best in barely a month seemed too much.

The romance was okay, but nothing that spectacular and I thought that it moved very fast especially considering Michael has a daughter.

There were several spelling errors, so I'd say the book could use a
Deborah
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
I totally forgot to review this book! I read it some time back so sadly this review will pretty much consist of me saying, "I thought it was cute and I enjoyed the story."

Sadly, that is my brain these days.
Heidi
I don't have time to leave a comment because I'm dying to start book 2. :) I thoroughly enjoyed this sweet story...and I can't wait to see the two other sisters get their Happily Ever After!!! :)
Rachel DeVaughn
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had purchased "You Belong with Me" Book 1 of the "Love and Dessert Trilogy" by Shannon Guymon right before Christmas from amazon for my kindle because it was on sale for 0.99. To be honest, I typically only buy books for my kindle when they are on sale for 0.99 or 1.99. I love reading, but I'm really cheap when it comes to books. Especially when I'm not familiar with the author.

So I read book one and I LOVED it!! I literally could not put it down... The story line was fun and I was immediately
Shauna
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I have been able to review for Shannon Guymon and I am LOVING her books!

She has such a way with words...
Her stories are WONDERFUL, DESCRIPTIVE, and MAKE you BELIEVE in the MAGIC of LOVE!

OH. SO. GOOD!
LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!

Three sisters just inherited a bakery shop from a grandmother they hardly knew.

Not having a passion for what they were already doing...Each jump at the chance for working together and making a future as bakers.

They know it will not be easy, but each
Jane
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Layla Kendall the oldest of three sisters has been a tough social worker and let her work get to her heart. She is looking for peace when she along with her two sisters, Kit and Jane inherited her Grandmother's bakery in a small town in Washington State. She is not looking for a man, so when Michael Bender's four-year-old daughter approaches her she focuses on Stella. Michael, a single father, is a successful real estate broker with an offer on the bakery. This sets the stage for romance, ...more
Birgit
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Three sisters, all emotionally bruised, inherit their grandmother's bakery and start a new life. The story begins with the elder, an ex social worker, who has seen children and wives abused and does not trust any men or believe in love, until she meets the local estate agent, divorced, and his little daughter.
It could have been an interesting story, the plot is not too bad, but to my opinion the author tried to add too many angles, too many explanations where none are needed, and not enough
Tiffany
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book from Shannon Guymon. I really enjoy the idea of three sisters starting a bakery. It definitely makes me wish I lived closer to my sisters. It sounds kind of fun! I like that there is more involved in the stories then the three sisters and their love interests. I did find the relationship in the book a little rushed. I still like more realistic time frame to occur in a relationship. But one date and then professing your love seems a little quick to me.
Kim
Call me a Shannon Guymon fan now! With 5 clean romance series and counting, I guess I am late to the party, but I am here now! Great clean secular romance with plot twist, after plot twist, after plot twist :-). Great psychological depth to the characters.

Sensuality content: kisses only

Source: My personal purchased library.
Sue
Jun 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Yep, five stars for a Romance!! I loved this book! I loved the sisters, the town, the Bakery, the romantic sparks, everything! Can hardly wait until I can get the next two in this lovely trilogy about three sisters and their new beginnings, together!
Alina Popescu
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
The love story is touching, the dynamics of the three sisters puzzled me a bit as three emotional women, all in a tough spot and no real fallout is not something I could easily relate to. The only reason the book was simply OK for me was that this was not my kind of book.
Kim
May 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute and easy romance. Good for the beach or a long soak in the tub kind of book. I enjoy her writing and storytelling. (clean and no swearing!)
Brooke -Brooke's Books
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this story. I was a bit frustrated at parts, but it was overall a great story and I look forward to reading the others in this series.
Tammy
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
The love stories felt rushed and seemed to drag on.
Zoe and the Edge
Jul 12, 2013 marked it as not-for-me
1. Cheesy.
2. Long-winded.
3. The hero was so beta it wasn't funny.
4. Stereotypically evil characters.
Lacey
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A new series to me by an author I hadn't read before. Three sisters have inherited a bakery from their grandmother they never really knew. Trusting in each other they leave their not so happy lives to take on running the bakery. Trust doesn't come easy for any of them, but will they be willing to let love in? Will they be able to run a bakery with no experience? A fun new series I am very excited to read!
Courtney
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Okay

This novel was okay, not the best that I have read but definitely not the worst. I enjoyed this book for the majority of the storyline but towards the end I felt it was too drawn out. I wish they could have wrapped it up a little sooner, I feel like it would have worked out better.
Shana
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Funny and fun love story

The characters all have their flaws but they are real characters that you can relate, sympathize and love. The entertaining dialog and funny sense of humor, keeps you guessing, who will say what. This book makes you want to go to Fircrest and meet the whole town, while you sip your hot chocolate and eat your cupcake of the week at Belinda's Bakery.
Josie
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great romance

I loved the story and the characters. Just a touch of suspense with a fabulous villain. You know that slimy guy we have all met in our life. The romance was so on point...come on he quoted Princess Bride. *SWOON*
Brenda
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I am a HUGE Shannon Guymon fan. I recommend her books all the time. That being said, this was not my favorite of her books. I loved the storyline. I loved the sisters and all the supporting characters. I loved the fun little town. I loved a sweet grandma who was trying to make amends. I looooved the sweet romance. I even liked the sniff crazy bulldog! What I didn't like was perhaps the editing? There were several gestures that just splashed cold water on my face and pulled me out of this fun and ...more
Terrie
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book #1 in the "Love and Dessert Trilogy".

Layla Kendall is the oldest of three sisters. She's a burned out social worker one step away from a major depression and she needs a fresh start. When she and her sisters Kit and Jane inherit their grandmother's bakery, she doesn't know if she can trust her good fortune or not. Life has taught her that happiness is just an illusion. But the chance to be with her sisters and get away from the heart ache and pain she's faced day in and day out is a chance
« previous 1 3 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jan 05, 2015 12:00PM

• Me & Mister Everything: A Romance (Tanner Family, #4)
  • Heart & Soul: A Romance (Tanner Family, #3)
  • Hard Pack (Ridden Hard, #2)
  • The Heart of a Vicar (The Jonquil Brothers #6)
  • Hard Flip (Ridden Hard, #1)
  • The Truth about Miss Ashbourne
  • Marrying My Billionaire Boss
  • My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)
  • Painting Kisses
  • Instant Gratification (Always Satisfied #2)
  • The Sidelined Wife (More Than a Wife, #1)
  • That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky, #3)
  • The Secretive Wife (More Than A Wife #2)
  • Honeymoon for One in Christmas Falls (Return to Christmas Falls #2)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked #3)
  • My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)
  • The Girl in Seat 24B
  • Trouble in Loveland
I live in the Rocky Mountains with my husband and children and love my home when its not snowing. Im the author of 37 books so far. I also write YA Paranormal Romance under my pen name, Katie Lee OGuinn. I enjoy the outdoors, reading and being with my family. To find out the latest on my books, check out my blog. You can purchase all of my books at Amazon.com. Im also a huge supporter of Operation ...more

Love and Dessert Trilogy (3 books)
  • I Belong With You (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #2)
  • My Sweetheart (Love and Dessert Trilogy, #3)