Start by marking “There Is No Death: The Extraordinary True Experience” as Want to Read:
There Is No Death: The Extraordinary True Experience

There Is No Death: The Extraordinary True Experience

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  291 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
Published December 1st 2002 by Mountain Top Publishing

To ask other readers questions about There Is No Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about There Is No Death

Kathy
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I actually skimmed this book about 3 or 4 years ago when it was given to me but I never read the entire thing. A conversation on Sunday lead to me pick this book up again and read the whole thing...

One of my friends said she was reading a book she thought I would really like... Visions of Glory by John Pontius. When I got home from church I spent sometime looking into that book. One of the reviews I read said:

"I must admit I have never read anyone else talking about floods in Salt Lake as one of
Mary Jane
Jun 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mary Jane by: Donna Beilmann
There aren't many books that I feel are life changing--this one was for me. A friend of mine gave it to me to read years ago, but I was put off by it because it is a "near death" experience. She assured me it was worth the read, but I put it off. I FINALLY read it and was so sad that I waited so long. It is very inspiring and genuine. How she describes the life after this earth life, coinsided with my religious beliefs--eventhough we don't share the same religion and she was an athiest before th ...more
Skeller2483
Oct 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is about a near death experience of a lady. She is now LDS, although nothing in the book alludes to that. She has a very powerful testimony as I've heard her in person. Her main message in person is to follow the prophet: keep the Sabbath Day Holy; get food storage; and get out of debt. The book talks about her NDE and the effect on her as well as things she saw with regards to the last days. Again she says let the spirit itself testify to you of it's truth.
Trish
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
I felt like I was reading a tabloid. The way the book is structured, all chopped up with headers, makes this a very fast read. The writing is nothing special, very plain. Perhaps it was kept that way so as not to be misunderstood. I don't like the title of the book because if there is no death, then there can't be life. I understand the reason why the wording was chosen, though. Titles need to grab your attention. That only increases the tabloid feeling to me.

What a magnet for disaster this woma
Carolyn
Jan 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is the most comprehensive personal Near Death Experience (NDE) I read in the last few years. I have read many personal NDE stories but this one talks about the future timeline of the earth before the end. During our economic collapse this last year, I was reminded of what Sarah said about the collapse of American and world society. So I reread it again.

While love is the prevailing feeling of life after death, the view of levels of hell versus the levels in heaven was most thought provoking
Wendi
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it
I was exposed to this woman's NDE just days after 9-11 via an old audio tape my mother-in-law gave me. I decided to get the book and read more about it for some reason this past week. You can read the book in a day, it is a quick read. I found the information quite fascinating and the lessons she gathered from her experience in line with many of my beliefs.
Ryan
Dec 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I was VERY touched by Sarah's experience...it was easy for me to understand. and i felt her sincerity & the lessons she learned while passing over to the other side were powerful and in in align with what I believe to be the case. Thank you very much for sharing your story with everyone Sarah Lanelle!
Natalie
Jun 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredible book. I have never read such a detailed account of a visit to the spirit world. It rang true with me and beautifully concurred my own religious beliefs about the next life. It brought a measure of peace as well, since I could easily imagine my own deceased brother dwelling happily there.
Cindi
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved her account and explanations on many things we wonder about. I've read this several times and refer to it occasionally to see how her vision of the future plays out with our times and beyond.
Kris Irvin
Nov 04, 2010 rated it it was ok
Very interesting. I really liked the first half of the book, but after it got to the predictions part it felt a little... lame. It's a quick read though, so it was worth it.
Ashleigh Son
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
This was my first NDE book that I ever read. I do not believe that everything will happen as she said it, but rather that it is personal revelation for her somehow. Having said that, there are very valuable insights about life in there, and this book legitimately made me want to be a better person. Thank you for sharing Sarah!
Steven A.
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, opens the heart and mind to a wonderful perspective of the meaning of life, and life after death, Thank You
Haylee
May 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Jaclyn H
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was one of the most unsettling and disturbing books I have ever read. The authors descriptions of the apocalypse were very graphic and dismal. She details diseases stemming from biological warfare, a world wide nuclear war, a long devastating winter, earthquakes, volcanoes, extreme wind storms,extensive flooding, and eventually a fire ball destroying the world. It conveys a lack of hope.

The portion of the book the author allots to her actual near death experience and the afterlife are very
Katrina Lantz
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I skipped ahead to read the chapter "I see the future" before reading the rest, and I'm glad I did. It gave context to the long, depressing story of her life before her near-death experience and helped me to get through it, knowing it would get better. Sarah Lanelle Menet seems to be a very kind person (adopting a co-worker's baby to prevent an abortion) who has had an amazingly life-changing experience. I appreciate that she shared it with us. I was struck by similarities in bot ...more
Nikki
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
The first half of the book was very inspiring. It made me realize things that I can do to be a better person and improve myself. The part where she describes how Satan and Evil work in our lives was a little strongly worded. A part describes how evil spirits enter our bodies and possess us. She says "when we partake of mind-altering drugs and alchohol, this resistance is lowered. It can happen with the first drink. A hole opens up at the crown of the head that actually allows an evil spirit to d ...more
Tim Malone
Jul 30, 2013 rated it liked it
A sad book in many ways. I was sad for the terrible life that she had to endure both before and after her suicide. I was sad to learn about the reality of hell she had to endure for a few moments reserved for those who commit suicide. It was similar to the hell Angie Fenimore told about in her book, Beyond the Darkness. She teaches a lot of truth in her book but I had a little difficult time with the claim that she foretold the 9-11 twin towers attacks, especially since the book came out shortly ...more
Barbara Wanlass
Apr 26, 2014 rated it liked it
This sad story of a very difficult life was an interesting and fairly believable account of a near death experience. The story had credibility to the extent that many of the things Sarah claims she saw during her experience were very similar to more credible accounts by others, such as Elane Durham, author of "I Stand all Amazed." Sarah lost credibility somewhat when she claimed to predict 9/11 after the fact, and she ventured to predict by a specific year (2012) other major disasters in four ci ...more
Kelley
Sep 30, 2008 rated it liked it
I'm not sure how I feel about this book. It's a story of a woman's near death experience. She visits the spirit world, both paradise and prison, and is given a glimpse of the last days here on Earth. I'm naturally pretty sceptical of people's NDEs. Still, I believe they happen, and this particular book rings true to me. So, I guess I can say that I liked it, in spite of my desire to run from it. At any rate, what she has to say has certainly made me think a LOT about my own life and what really ...more
Mimi
Sep 05, 2008 rated it it was ok
oi, I was the wrong sort of person to read this book. It was not necessarily a bad book but I know I'll have nightmares for a while. (dark circles today).

The Author has a Near Death Experience and gets to ask a whole bunch of questions in the spirit world. Afterward she sees the future and it's not pretty. I know the sign of the second coming but I did not know the gory details she laid out. I don't like fear based motivation and the fear overpowered all the good in the book.

I don't know what
Meghan
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have a fascination for books like this one. The author describes her near-death experience after trying to commit suicide. There are many interesting things she saw (including her vision of the events of the coming apocalypse, which by the way, agree quite eerily to the author who wrote "Visions of Glory"), but the thing I find the most compelling is her experience in 'spirit prison or spirit hell'. She stood next to her father who was a pedophile in mortality and had passed away some years be ...more
Alyson
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookclub
This is the book choice for February's book club. I am just uncharacteristically ahead in reading. There aren't very many copies to go around and I wanted to make sure that I read it so I volunteered to go first. It is a quick read and honestly, really interesting.

This book is about a near death experience. Many parts sounded familiar to my own believes about the afterlife, but not all. I think it was a good reminder to me of the purpose of life and the need to be prepared. I was hesitant to re
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was definitely loads easier to get through than the last book I read on visions and near-death experiences! :-)

But the two actually supported each other very well. Not that they were designed to, but there were many connections in the experiences.

What I liked about Sarah's story was how easy to understand it all was. She was quick and to the point, and yet she painted a vivid picture of what she saw and experienced. It wasn't ponderous to get through, and yet she answered so many questions.
Ed
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very detailed experience of the the end times though it sounds like it was influenced by Mormon beliefs. Though I understand she was not a Mormon when she had her experience. She doesn't seem to be selling anything which adds credence to her claims. Though I will add that published NDEs these days seem to only be the most detailed ones out there not like when Dr. Moody first published his collection of NDEs. Is it because they are happening more often, people are embellishing their stories, pe ...more
Jackie
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club
Maybe 2 1/2 stars. While I thought her experience was definitely interesting, it was a bit far-out there for me. Once I got to her "predictions" it got a little over the top for me. She is not a prophet, yet she is prophesying like these are absolute truths. I don't know, doesn't ring true to me. Describing Satan being able to possess our bodies because "a hole opens up in your head and the evil spirit can enter right in". What??? I don't doubt she had an incredible experience, but how she state ...more
Kevan
Jul 29, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those interested in religion
Recommended to Kevan by: my son
This is a great book for those who are interested in the after-life. The 'doctrine' in the book rings true, even though it is simply one person's near-death experience.

The description of the 'world of spirits' where our spirit resides until the time of the resurrection is facinating.

The only thing that prevented the book from receiving five stars was the amount of uncomfortable 'personal' information the author chose to include. I felt as though it was included simply to make the book longer (it
Audrey L
Oct 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Audrey L by: aluckygurl@yahoo.com
This is an amazing Near Death Experience from a lady that tried to commit suicide and saw "hell" and heaven. She also saw many things that will occur before the second coming of Jesus Christ. She saw the twin towers fall and shortly after that she saw worldwide economic collapse. She said she stores food because she saw people starving and digging up worms to eat because they were so hungry.
Kelli
May 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
It inspired me to be a better person. I never want cause anyone pain ever again. Not that I wanted to before I read her book. Now I am more mindful of others feelings. Loved how all souls are beautiful to God. Im trying to focus more on the soul, and I love what Im finding. She said the most important thing you can do on earth is to draw close to God and Jesus Christ. She said we do this by serving and loving others. Most of her book was inspirational.
Daniel Rose
Nov 28, 2012 rated it did not like it
This event made me feel like the lady telling the story was a real quack! I was like it seemed like she was trying to tell her story using mormon ideals and revelations that had been revealed but yet she was trying to avoid mentioning anything that would specifically put her in the mormon ideology. I was firmly diappointed and felt like this was one of the worst read's I've ever waisted my time on in my life.
Lataun
Dec 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Jan, Pen, Selina, everyone
Recommended to Lataun by: My mom
Wowsers! I have to give this book 5 stars. "It was amazing". I read this book in 2 hours. My mom loves to read these books and usually I can take them or leave them, but...this book rang true to me.

I would definately recommend this book to all I know. So much to think about and talk about. She learned simple things like how important it is to dress modestly and to keep the Sabbath Day holy as well as huge things that I won't spoil for you.

It is worth a second read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith
  • The Cleansing of America
  • Life Everlasting
  • Abraham in Egypt (The Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Volume 14)
  • Visions of Glory: One Man's Astonishing Account of the Last Days