Start by marking “Saving Amy” as Want to Read:
Saving Amy

Saving Amy

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  1,158 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
Eighteen year old Amy’s surname may be Hope, but her life contains anything but. She drinks, she sleeps around, she cuts… anything to help her escape the agonising existence growing up between her mother’s drunken wails and her father’s fists. But nothing works. There is no escape. And Amy wants out…

Enter Richard Lewis – the doctor responsible for saving Amy’s life after h
Published June 26th 2013 (first published June 25th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Saving Amy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Amy

Lucy
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
wow why i have i only now just heard of this book...just wow!!! i found another little gem, i seriously fell in love with everyone in this book..well except joanna. It was perfect, made me cry made me smile..all different emotions!! PLEASE READ THIS I THINK ITS AMAZINGGGGG!!! <3 *****
Mary
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Everything you consider to be wrong with you are just the results of you trying to be strong for too long --- trying to cope alone for too long. Don't you think it's amazing that after everything you've been through --- the violence, the fear, the isolation... you can still do this? That you can still feel? Still trust? Because I sure as hell think it's a miracle. I think you're a miracle."

I'm still on the fence because I really want to give this a shining 5-star rating but I also know that I h
Roni Guzman
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to explain my feelings for this book. It was an emotional roller coaster for me. The story made me cry, angry, heartbroken, sad, and it even made me laugh. This entire book was amazing. The pain and suffering that Amy went through was unimaginable. Any time I read a book where there is abuse (any kind of abuse), it is very hard to read because of my past. The author has to really understand abuse and know how to put it into writing for the reader to truly understand what th ...more
Mel
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is such a roller coaster of emotion! You have 18 year old Amelia "Amy" who has been abused at the hands of her father all of her life, and her mother is a negligent drunk who just drinks herself into oblivion while watching the father beat Amy.

The abuse causes Amy to find harmful and reckless ways of dealing with her pain. She self harms, has sex with strangers and turns her attention to drugs to find an escape. Then she meets Richard. The handsome stranger who finds her passed out on
Karen Peacock
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
WOW! This book is just chalked full of raw emotion. I love, love, loved it! I don't know why I waited so long to read it. I have seen it recommended for a while.

Amy did not live the princess life growing up with her alcoholic mother and abusive step-dad. To deal with the abuse, Amy learns how to deal with the pain on her own which leads her down a destructive path. Richard, a young doctor, finds Amy on a night when she was most destructive and decides to take care of her. Both with challenging
Tracy
This book was an emotionally heart breaking read. It had its fair share of upsetting scenes, it was such intense raw emotion, I really felt for the characters and was routing for them to get their HEA!!
The letters finally broke me and I was sitting there with a HUGE lump in my throat with tears falling down my face, being a parent myself I struggled to understand why any parent could allow their child to go through what Amy went through.
Richard (erm sexy doctor may I add) became Amy's light at t
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's books like this that make me thankful that I grew up in a warm and loving environment but at the same time makes my heart ache for anyone who has had to live like this. Amy's character was hard to identify with at times for me. Having been abused since childhood she turned to drugs, alcohol and cutting herself to cope with the pain. This book was intense and emotional yet at times romantic and endearing.

The first 1/3 of the book details the daily beatings Amy receives at the hands of her fa
Tami
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Into the Night Reviews
Web: http://intothenightbookreviews.blogsp...
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/IntoTheNightR...
for great book reviews, new release updates, giveaways and more!!

If I had to describe Saving Amy in one word it would be "intense". Despite the fact that there is an uplifting, hopeful thread to the story, it is also bleak, sad and distressing to consider the life that Amelia (Amy) Hope lived is, in fact, lived by many.

The first few chapters of Saving Amy were incredibly
Emily
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book a few days ago and I'm STILL thinking about it. I felt like I was really there with Amy with everything she had to deal with. Richard too. At times he struggled himself with some aspects of being in a relationship. It was new to him too and he had his own issues to overcome along the way. But he was so supportive of Amy no matter what she was thinking or talking about. He couldn't have said the things he did if he wasn't utterly devoted to her. It was beautiful to read.

I ha
Alpha Possessive Heroes
WOW VERY EMOTIONAL READ! AMY IS ONE TOUGH COOKIE!

description

ALL THE THINGS SHE'S BEEN THROUGH WAS HEARTBREAKING!!

BUT GOOD THING RICHARD IS THERE TO SAVED HER....

WELL WRITTEN AND VERY EMOTIONAL! I WANT MY OWN RICHARD!!! T___T
Bookworm ♥
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
She finally got her happily ever after!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jay Jay
OH....MY.....GOD.... This book is beautiful and heartbreaking!
Maari
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Saving Amy!! It is a raw, edgy, painful book.. but also a beautiful story, full of hope for a second chance at life & love!! This book will stay with me for a long time!
Akansha
Aug 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of best abuse novels I have ever come across though my abuse shelf consists of over 200 YA n NA books !!
Katrina Bryant
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking, riveting story of abuse and redeeming love. One of the best reads this year.
Helena
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
★★★★★ SHATTERING STARS!

"When you are on a mission to self-destruct you become determined. It's almost addictive - the urge to find some sense of release, of escape. It consumes you entirely - leaving no room to consider anyone else, and the only person that can help you is yourself"

This book, oh my god this book, is real, raw and gritty, and if you can believe it after that it's also beautiful. It's not light, fluffy or easy to read and it may not be a book that everyone can stomach because it
The Book Trollop
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed, favorites
I give this book a solid 4.5/5 and I suggest getting this book and devouring it!!

I really need to stop agreeing to read books that like to take my heart out, squeeze it and then just completely shatter it.
The sad thing is I enjoy it.. I enjoy it, a lot... So what does that say about me??? Probably that I like really good books (maybe?)..

Whatever.. I knew this book was going to be twisted, dark, and make me completely ache with emotions from the very beginning and I couldn't have been happier
Paula
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know you are in for quite the ride, when the book starts with pages over pages describing the abuse a young girl is suffering from the hands of her father.

Amy Hope has never known love but a life full of hate, pain and abuse. At the age of 17 the only way she knows how to cope is alcohol and random sex, until one day she is lured into trying drugs. This is where her downward spiral begins, leading her to laying half-dead on the concrete and ending up in hospital. This is where she meets Dr.
Crystal Marie
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this was an intense and emotional read. I can’t recommend it to everyone, some wouldn’t understand or care, but if you are one who tends to be tender hearted and hate having a ride on the emotional roller coaster then you need to avoid this book. Now with the warning out of the way, I personally feel everyone should read a book like Saving Amy. The author did a great job at showing the grit and grime of abuse, lies, betrayal and self-harm. She took you into the world of a young adult who wa ...more
Callixta
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Wonderful and moving story with a tortured heroin. I love this one and I'm going to read the other one.

Il faudra sans doute suivre de très près cette nouvelle auteure qu’est Nicola Haken. Elle vient de publier coup sur coup deux romances, deux longs romans aux résumés alléchants et pour au moins, l’un d’entre eux, le livre a totalement tenu ses promesses ! Nicola Haken est britannique mais l’intrigue de son livre se déroule à Seattle avec un très beau et r
Em The
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Saving Amy is the first book I have read from author Nicola Haken and what a baptism of fire it is!

I am quite a sucker for angst ridden stories that aren’t full of hearts and flowers and sometimes you need a good bit of depressing and a mighty slice of reality to pull you from the dreamy romantic stories I have read recently. And this is the book that does that perfectly.

Amy (Amelia) has led a difficult life. Only one person, her friend Julie, has been there for her through the years of neglect,
Elena Love
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to find this fantastic book on kindle for free.And I don't normally read books I get from kindle because they're always there right?But this one really intrigued me and as soon as I started it...I was hooked.This is the second book I read by the same author and I'm really glad it made me remember how much I love her writing.

Saving Amy tells the story of a girl who didn't know what happiness felt like until she met her other half.This might sound like any other common book but
Renee
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I can give more than 5 stars I would. So many reasons to love this book. I get into angst, it is what draws me in a lot of the time.
Can anybody save Amy, or has she finally reached the end of a very long, torturous road?

Long list here but the main character Amelia Hope, aka Amy, she is so realistic. I really got into her as the victim. The books takes you on a journey from her teen years to adult hood. She has several areas in the book where the author takes you back to her as a 5 to 9 year
Swoon Worthy
Aug 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amanda's 4 1/2 Emotional Star Thoughts

Saving Amy is one of the most emotional books I have EVER READ! It is amazingly written! The author holds nothing back and lets you truly feel the harsh realities of life, thru every broken moment the characters have to live through! There were many times I had to stop just to collect my thoughts, calm down and continue! You must be prepared for this book but it is an AMAZING STORY!

Amelia "Amy" Hope is extremely off balance. She can't find her place in the w
Jappi

She’s high. She’s a cutter. She’s suicidal.
She’s unloved. She’s a mess.

Amy’s broken.
Abuse photo smokedepressed_zps9be9137a.gif

I found myself reading a totally depressing and sad, sad story. The blurb caught my attention. I think I’m into dark, twisted and disturbing stories. I want my abused hero/heroines to have their happily ever after in the end. And I’m so glad I found it in this book.

Saving Amy is a gut-wrenching story about a girl named Amy . She’s been abused since she could remember. No one could save her but herself, n
Stacey
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
***ARC Provided for honest review*** - originally posted at Reading Rainblog

Wow! This book was difficult to read, only because of the things Amy has been through. The life she’s been living all these years is painful to read. Her mother spends all her time lost in a liquor bottle, her father takes all of his anger out on her, and she feels like she has nobody and no hope. She starts cutting herself, drinking, sleeping around, and doing drugs – all of which is a recipe for disaster.

She meets Rich
Angela Ruble Scott
This is my 5 star review for Saving Amy by Nicola Haken for Eskimo Princess Book Reviews.

Saving Amy is about the life of Amelia Hope. Amy is young, beautiful, but she is completely lost. She has had to endure so much in her young life that she doesn’t want anything but to be free; free from her pain, free from her attacker, free from the pressure of herself. When she makes a decision one night she doesn’t realize that it will lead her to someone who just might be able to save her. Will she be ab
Recommendations on book of Adult Romance,Medical Romance with ..... 1 2 Nov 13, 2017 12:50AM
Amy's "father". *SPOILERS* 2 34 Nov 27, 2013 06:51AM
  • Be Here Now
  • Toxic (Better Than You, #1)
  • I Breathe You
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy, #1)
  • Broken (Save Me, #2)
  • Fortune (Fortune, #2)
  • Take Care, Sara
  • Cold-Blooded Beautiful (Beautiful, #2)
  • The Bridge (The Bridge, #1)
  • By a Thread (By a Thread, #1)
  • More (Impossible Love, #2)
  • Drowning (Tears of Sin, #1)
  • Beautiful Mess (Beautiful Mess #1)
  • Ruined by You (By You, #1; Maggie & Haden, #1)
  • Crossing Paths
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
  • Terrorscape (Horrorscape, #3)
Author of MM Romance.

I live in not-so-sunny Rochdale, England (true northern girl!) with my five kids - one of whom many refer to as my husband. I write about life, and love, and all the beauty and angst that come with them.

All in all I'm just an ordinary gal with an addiction to reading, tattoos, and Pepsi Max. I don't like even numbers or metal spoons, and I'm allergic to exercise.

Please note
More about Nicola Haken

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“I have this thing about books – a disease almost – that won’t let me give up until I’ve read to the end.” 9 likes
“Each and every one of these should be a reminder of how strong you are. You should look at them and remember what you’ve been through, and feel proud that you’re still here – still fighting.” 3 likes