Start by marking “Three to Get Lei'd (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Three to Get Lei'd (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #3)

Three to Get Lei'd

(A Tiki Goddess Mystery #3)

A jigger of tranquility is all Em Johnson wants, but now that her beloved Tiki Goddess Bar has been chosen as the location for Trouble in Paradise, TV's hot new reality show, life is anything but tranquil. When a member of the camera crew is found dead in her kitchen-stabbed to death with Chef Kimo's sashimi knife-the scene on the sleepy North Shore of Kauai goes from ecce ...more
Published May 24th 2013 by Bell Bridge Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Three to Get Lei'd, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three to Get Lei'd

Shannon Yun
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another fun installment in the Tiki Goddess Mysteries from Jill Marie Landis. These books make me feel as if I'm on Kauai. The relationships between the friends, the main character Em and her uncle and especially the growing relationship between Em and hunky cop Roland are what propels these stories forward.
Lynda
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun under the Hawaiian sun

Once again the Hula Maidens and the staff at the Goddess bar and restaurant are embroiled in murder. If you don’t know who the Hula Maidens are, you’ll want to read this series as they seem to be incomparable!
Rhonda
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it

MY Review: Three to Get Lei'd A Tiki Goddess Mystery book 3

4 stars

This is a cozy mystery that will have you smiling and laughing along the way throughout the book. The characters are crazy, feisty and loveable. The plot keeps you guessing for most of it. It is full of bar drinks and most of the action takes place in the bar on Hawaii's north shore. I would enjoy reading the first two books of this series sometime.
I don't drink, and have never been into a bar so the drink talk I have no idea but
Julie
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Things are always exciting at the Tiki Goddess Bar. As one of the ‘hottest’ bars on the island - things are about to get a ‘little’ more interesting. After the reality show Trouble In Paradise aired on TV - island life has been crazier than normal for the residents of the North Shore. Fans are flocking in from across the U.S. to see the Hula Maidens, purchase memorabilia, and see what the Tiki Goddess is ‘serving up’.

Film crews bombard the staff of the Tiki Goddess Bar. Island life is anything
Amanda
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy, mystery, series
This book brought back all the strengths from the first book with the added delight of everyone at the Tiki Goddess Bar being featured on a reality tv show. As a (not-so-secret) lover of reality tv for the over-the-top ridiculousness and a lover of cozies for their delightful tongue-in-cheek puns and ability to not take themselves too seriously, the marriage of the two in this book was sheer delight.

A couple of scenes in particular struck me as the type of mad-cap tom-foolery seen in older 1920s
Katy
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series! I thought I'd "fall out of favor" with it as it progressed, but so far, it's very cute. Setting is near Hanalei, a town in one of the Hawaiian islands. (Is this the town in Puff the Magic Dragon? I truly don't know...I thought it was fictional, but ....) and Em came there to "save" her Uncle Louie from his irrational behavior, thanks to a letter from the local older women and a need to get away from a nasty divorce. Two books later, she is still there, managing his bar, the T ...more
Oct 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries, humor, cozies
Aloha! This book has a perfect blend of mystery, romance, humor, and an introduction to the culture of the North Shore of Kauai. If a book could be described as ono, then this one would be. It is a delicious cozy mystery.

The book starts with a reality crew having invaded the Tiki Goddess bar. Em Johnson is at wit's end. Then, one of the crew is killed in the kitchen with Chef Kimo's best sashimi knife and the fun begins. Enter Roland Sharpe, fire dancing detective, who begs the Hula Maidens to s
Norma
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Disclaimer: I received this book free from BelleBooks in exchange for an honest review. I did not receive any form of compensation.

This was one of the funniest cozy mysteries that I had read in quite a while. I absolutely fell in love with the characters from the first page. I especially loved the Hula Maidens. They were over-the-top hilarious. Think Grandma Mazur from the Stephanie Plum series, except a bunch of them!

Poor Em is overwhelmed when the Tiki Goddess Bar is taken over by a camera cre
Linda McLaughlin
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
In this episode, the Tiki Goddess has been taken over by a camera crew from the reality TV show, Trouble in Paradise. Thanks to the popularity of the pilot, the Hula Maidens are more rambunctious than ever, obsessed with accumulating fans and Facebook likes. They are practicing less and their dancing is worse than ever. Em is at her wit's end, though the money from the show has come in handy. Then one of the cameramen is murdered in the kitchen, and everything changes.

This installment opens up
Utena
Jun 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Donna
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
A must for a tropical escape for Stephanie Plum series readers. Nothing like feeling like Grandma Mazur left her twin on the islands! This was the first of the series that I had read and now I am going to purchase the others in the series and wait impatiently for another installment in the series.

Grabs some laughs in the tropics while you are sitting inside on a cold winter evening trying to keep warm!
Fiona
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it
I bought the first in the series as a nook daily find. I enjoyed it enough on vacation to read the second in the series, and then the third. Fun, enjoyable fast reads, to enjoy when you don't want to read anything serious.
Gail
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, #3 in the Tiki Goddess Series. This one involves the Hula Maidens trying to solve another mystery on the island of Kaui in which one of the Maidens and her husband are implicated. Another fun read!
Libby
(E-Lib) It's been so long since I've read this series, I'm nervous that I won't remember the characters. So, I just finished this, and all of the characters did come back to me. The Hula Maidens are kooks, but the stories are cute. I wonder if the next book will take place in LA?
Ann
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a good cozy series. Set in Hawaii at a tiki bar, murder seems to follow this unlikely cast of characters. Em and her uncle run the beach tourist bar, and the local grandmother group provide the entertainment by hula dancing. Funny and well written, a great beach read.
Kelley Billings
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great fun!!
Joanne
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the Tikki Godess series I've read. It's light reading that comes with a few laughs. The characters are hilarious.
Marc Lewert
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More fun with Ema and the Hula Maidens. Yep, another murder for the detective to solve. Another possible date between him an Ema.

Lots of fun and a good read.
Vicky
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I sincerely hope for a 4th installment!
Mj
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love these books....getting to the end is like leaving a bunch friends!
Vicki
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good, kept me wanting to see what happened next ..... Looking forward to the next one....
Melissa
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: landis-jill
The Tiki Goddess mysteries get better and better!
Sheryl
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun lighthearted series based on Kauai! Discovered I like Cozy Mysteries.
Debbie
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Had to re read it.It is just so much fun.
Debbie
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series.I cannot get enough of the Hula Maidens!
E. F. Calabrese
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's fun

It's funny, even silly, but very enjoyable. Loveable, crazy characters. A great get away from it all. Made me laugh out loud
Janice
I enjoyed this mad romp of murder and mayhem with the Hulu Maidens. While it wasn't great literature, it was the perfect accompaniment for my Hawaiian vacation.
Ann Yonk
rated it it was ok
Jan 08, 2016
Amy
Apr 20, 2016
Michelle
Jun 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Yip/Tuck (Pampered Pets Mystery #4)
  • Deadly Row to Hoe (Home Crafting Mystery #6)
  • Uneasy Prey (Zoe Chambers Mysteries #6)
  • Hijack in Abstract (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #3)
  • Emotional Vampires at Work: Dealing with Bosses and Coworkers Who Drain You Dry
  • Dangerously Dark (A Chocolate Whisperer Mystery, #2)
  • Mostly Murder (Claire Morgan #6)
  • Mardi Gras Murder (Cajun Country Mystery, #4)
  • Run Rabbit Run (Sophie Green Mystery, #5)
  • Murder at Barclay Meadow
  • Killing in C Sharp (Gethsemane Brown Mysteries #3)
  • Five Noir Novels of the 1940s & 50s: Dark Passage / Nightfall / The Burglar / The Moon in the Gutter / Street of No Return
  • Chef Maurice and the Bunny-Boiler Bake Off (Chef Maurice Mysteries, #3)
  • Bad Housekeeping (An Agnes and Effie Mystery #1)
  • The Skeleton Garden: (Potting Shed Mystery, #4)
  • Dead on Ice (Lovers in Crime, #1)
  • Michelangelo's Ghost (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #4)
  • If You Can't Stand the Heat (Poppy Markham: Culinary Cop, #1)
JILL MARIE LANDIS is the bestselling author of nearly thirty novels which have appeared on the NYT bestseller list, USA Today and other national bestseller lists. She has won numerous awards for her heartfelt characters and sweeping emotional historical romances that include SUMMER MOON and MAGNOLIA CREEK and the Irish Angels Series; HEART OF STONE, HEART OF LIES, and HEART OF GLASS. All of her Hi ...more

A Tiki Goddess Mystery (5 books)
  • Mai Tai One On (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #1)
  • Two to Mango (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #2)
  • Too Hot Four Hula (A Tiki Goddess Mystery, #4)
  • Hawaii Five Uh-Oh! (A Tiki Goddess Mystery #5)