Start by marking “Woven” as Want to Read:
Woven

Woven

Two unlikely allies must journey across a kingdom in the hopes of thwarting death itself.

All his life, Nels has wanted to be a knight of the kingdom of Avërand. Tall and strong, and with a knack for helping those in need, the people of his sleepy little village have even taken to calling him the Knight of Cobblestown.

But that was before Nels died, m
Published January 27th 2015 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Woven, please sign up.
Michael Jensen I can tell you that we are not finished with this story. Keep an eye on Wovenbook.com for more details... soon.
Aaron yes this is worth a read the idea of the plotline is original and the characters on this book are interesting to say the least

Anna Kļaviņa
Aug 22, 2013 marked it as not-yet-released
"God gave you a penis for a reason" – publisher cancels gay author's novel

One thing is when the publisher refuses to publish a book because its sucks or if the publisher believes the book wouldn't sell. But when the publisher refuses to publish a book after signing a publishing agreement because author asked that his male partner be included in his bio.

What The Heck Sweetwater Books/Cedar Fort Publishing ?

As you can see Wowen is written by Mr King an
Michael Jensen
Jul 25, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm probably a little biased, but I love this story. Scholastic did an incredible job with the its production!
Amber Argyle
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
King and Jensen are bright new flames to the fantasy genre. Full of adventure and romance, Woven has all the right elements to capture readers' minds and ensnare their hearts.
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
4.5/5 Stars

A unique story that has the nostalgic feeling of a beloved fairytale. I was immediately sunk into this book from page one. There is comedy, romance, adventure, action, magic, ghosts, what's not to love? If that doesn't sound like a great book to you, you are dead wrong. I read it so fast that it felt short but it's a decent size novel. I just fell so in love with the plot and the characters, I just wasn't ready for it to be over. It's amazing. There was never a dull moment, and I
Julianna Helms
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 (I round up)

Loved loved loved it! Not the most beautiful or smooth of writing styles, but it told the story just fine. Not sure if there will be a sequel as there was a big question that was left unresolved, but overall very satisfying. Tyra frustrated me a lot but I also never really hated her, so that's good. I think I read a query for this for feedback during writeoncon a few years ago so it's thrilling to see fellow authors succeeding!
Cynthia
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Was able to read it before publication - wonderful story and a new kind of magic! Can't wait to get the printed book in my hands and read it again!
Elizabeth Seckman
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully well written, this story was a delight to read. There was a bit of something for every book lover: intrigue, romance, action, and suspense. There are ghosts, sorcerers, and secrets blended together to keep you turning the pages. It's a story of young Nels. A boy who grew up common with big dreams of being a knight. When he sneaks into the festival and challenges the realm's best knight in a competition, he is supposed to win a kiss from the princess. It seems the outcome of this even ...more
Ilima
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A refreshingly original fantasy, WOVEN was an enjoyable read full of adventure, romance, and unforgettable characters. I really liked the sewing/textile based world and metaphors...so creative. And I can honestly say this is the first time I've had a literary crush on a ghost--I LOVE Nels. :) Well done.
jv poore
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
When I was very young, I was in 4-H. There were projects. Mine: sewing. Always, sewing. Much to my chagrin, we did not live on a farm. Sewing was difficult. And frustrating. At first. But, I learned. I realized this brand-new way to create and express myself. Also, a pretty handy skill. Like magic!

Imagine my delight (many years later) upon discovering Woven, the rare, needle-in-a-haystack book to spotlight sewing as actual magic. Brilliant concept. Mr. Jensen and Mr. King weave a won
Donna Weaver
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IT'S ABOUT

But that was before Nels died, murdered outside his home by a mysterious figure.

Now the young hero has awoken as a ghost, invisible to all around him save one person—his only hope for understanding what happened to him—the ki
Alex Cavanaugh
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Woven is a young adult story, but it will appeal to any age group. Set in a magical world where everyone's life is threaded and woven with the world, the authors send two young people on a quest that will lead to great discovery.
I struggled to connect with Princess Tyra, but Nels is very likeable. He's an average young man thrust into incredible circumstances who gets by with his wits and generous heart.
Woven is compelling. The more you read, the more you want to know what happens ne
Jay
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is easily the best book I've read in 2014. It's a gripping story with amazing characters. Think The Princess Bride meets Ghost (the movie), with a little hint of The Matrix in there.

Woven has it all: action, adventure, magic, romance, and such a great story that will suck you in immediately. I read this book in one day, and I NEVER do that.
Michael Offutt
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay, so I've known David for quite a while now, and he sent me an arc of "Woven" in November (for the first time in my life, I actually felt like I knew somebody important--thank you, David!), and I basically read all 365 pages in three days. Woven is the kind of rare, original fantasy that I was thirsting for. In a way, I felt like a man that hasn't had a drink while attempting to cross the Sahara desert on foot and is about to collapse with exhaustion and dehydration when suddenly there's thi ...more
David King
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
I'm clearly biased, being one of the authors. This book was an absolute joy to write and it's even better to read. It has everything I've ever wanted in a fantasy ghost story that I was never able to find elsewhere. And I LOVE ghost stories! Scholastic did a wonderful job producing this book.
Jackson Porter
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Woven is a book I've known of since the inception of its writing. At times I was unsure it would be published and at others I was positive, but after the authors' skirmish with Cedar Fort I knew It'd be picked up. In less than 3 months, Scholastic will be publishing this unique story, and I'm sure in a few years, movie rights will be optioned.

Woven by Jensen and King is about a ghost and a princess who go on an epic quest to retrieve a needle that will sew the ghost back to life. A phenomenal i
Lauri Royall
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Woven is phenomenal, one of those rare books that captivates you from the beginning and you do not want the story to end. The characters, the fantasy, the romance and the adventure unite in a magical story that will stay in your head and heart long after you have read the last page.
Shallee McArthur
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun, entertaining, engaging story! I enjoyed the interactions of the characters, loved the original take on the magic system, and the unique quest made for a lot of solid fantasy fun. I finished the book with a smile on my face! I think this will particularly appeal to younger readers eager for an entertaining fantasy world.
Peggy
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
The characters in this book were so enjoyable, and felt so real-- even the secondary characters. I was rooting for them every step of the way! It had such a clever, inventive magic system, and I loved delving into the intricacies of how everything worked. Loved it!
Tyrean
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Epic adventure, sweet romance, and intrigue woven together in this seamlessly exciting tale!

Dark Faerie Tales
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-by-zed
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A thoroughly enjoyable read about thwarting death using the magic of fabrication.

Opening Sentence: Dust tickled the side of Kettle’s nose, but he did not bother to scratch it.

The Review:

The basis of this fantasy is that everyone’s threads are woven into a giant life tapestry. Even when a single thread is altered, entire lives can be affected. But what is torn can be mended, if you have the righ
Annette
Jan 19, 2015 rated it liked it
If you like fantasy books that are chock-full of magic, you will most likely enjoy Woven.

I'm going to do something I rarely do. I'm going to post the description from Amazon:

jamie
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changing my rating from 3 stars to 5 starts because, really, there’s nothing bad about this book. I give it all my love.
Christy
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
You know the old saying...the ties that bind. Well, this book takes that to a whole new level. There are strong magical threads that connect the characters together in ways they couldn't have dreamed. And where there is magic, there is always someone looking for ways to use it for other than honorable purposes.
When a tragedy strikes a young peasant, he finds that the most unlikely person has been fated to be his hero. There is nothing like having your fate entwined with someone that is currentl
Shane
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing story. Knowing that it all started with a dream. The first half was a bit slower than the second half, but that was for the sake of character development. The second half is very exciting. The mysterious magic of Fabrication is a bit hard to understand but that adds to the mystical nature of the magic. I am hoping that this is the first book of a series. I want to learn more! This would make an amazing movie for sure.
TheBlueBookworm
Jun 27, 2014 marked it as to-read
I'm glad the author found a new publisher for this book! I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this novel!

It sounds promising as hell!

(view spoiler)
Susan
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book! This beautiful story has been stuck in my head since I read it. Love Tyra and Nels's relationship. And the Vagas have a really cool society. Can't wait for more from these authors.
Camly Nguyen
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I just really didn't care for any of the characters. Tyra doesn't deserve the crown and Nels is just annoying especially in the beginning.
Joyce
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
100% awesome read" couldn't be better. David and Michael hit it right on the mark.
Loved it!
Eva
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nels, known where he lives as the ‘Knight of Cobblestown’, is always trying to lend a hand. His lifelong dream is to become a knight for the Kingdom of Avërand. After winning a wrestling match with the favored Knight of Avërand, Arek, the Princess refuses to hand over the ‘prize’–a kiss to the winner. When a mysterious stranger murders Nels later that evening, it turns out that Princess Tyra is the only one that can see him. Yes, young Nels comes back as a ghost. Clearly, there is unfinished bus ...more
Fifi
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book was INCREDIBLE. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't sure I was going to like it and almost didn't even read it but I'm so glad I did! This book is about Nels, who is in an in between state (not dead but not alive either) and he recruits the help of Princess Tyra. Together, they journey across a fantasy land in search of a way to save Nels. As their journey progresses, the characters learn that not only is Nel's life at stake, the entire fabric of the world will unravel if they do not succ ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Scholar's Plot (Knight and Rogue, #5)
  • The Posterchildren: Origins (The Posterchildren, #1)
  • Infected
  • Tomorrow's Magic (Omnibus)
  • Azar o seu!
  • The Dragons of Noor
  • The House on Stone's Throw Island
  • My Fairly Dangerous Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #3)
  • Cybermage (Worldweavers, #3)
  • Isabella and the Slipper
  • A Blind Eye
  • The Rogue's Princess (The Lacey Chronicles, #3)
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Rebels Rising (Rebel Mechanics, #3)
  • The Trials of Renegade X (Renegade X, #2)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • Chaos (Fates #2)
  • Zeroboxer
Michael Jensen is a bestselling YA and MG author of the acclaimed fantasy novel Woven, released in the United States by Scholastic Press and internationally by Editora Arqueiro and Ravensburger. Michael got his BFA in musical theater, and taught voice at Brigham Young University before establishing his own vocal instruction studio. In addition to being an imaginative storyteller, Michael is an acc ...more