Start by marking “Moon Child (Prequel to By Blood)” as Want to Read:
Moon Child (Prequel to By Blood)

Moon Child

(By Blood #2)

Before Emma's adventures in Oxford, her best friend Diana came face-to-face with a killer...

Diana Calvert is so over high school. Who cares if Olivia hates her? And David needs to forget about having a crush on her STAT. Even Emma’s crazy fashion choices can’t keep Diana entertained. All she can hope for is a dance scholarship to a college as far away as possible from too-
Published August 16th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published August 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Child

Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
I thought this would be a normal paranormal book that I'd just enjoy. *smacks forehead*  I read her Rebel Wing Series and thought that it was spellbinding, intricately crafted, and I became completely addicted.  I will admit that I forgot about that when I was a few chapters in, since I started out a little disjointed.  Dianna made some decisions I definitely questioned, there was a lot of characters introduced at first and it took me a while to become completely absorbed.  But then me and this ...more
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of By Blood for part of a book tour hosted by Xpresso Book Tours, this will in no way effect my opinion on the book!

I know now before I even start typing this review that I'm going to struggle with what to write and what not to because holy frak, I really enjoyed it - which always means I struggle with the review - but also I really don't want to give anyth
Dale Ibitz
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was blown away by this book. The characters real and very-well drawn, I could picture each and every one of them going through their lives. Emotions were spot on.

Diana is so easy to relate to. Small town girl who wants to get out of dodge before the I's are dotted on the words "eighteenth birthday". Nicholas is charming in his bad-boy mysterious ways, very swoon-worthy for the younger crowd.

Pacing and plotting are terrific. I read this book wondering the whole time who was behind the murd
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
See the book tour at my blog, for a giveaway. Just click the banner below.

This book was really interesting to me, and this review is harder to write than the first book, as there are such unknowns in it, and that’s what made it so good, so do not want to spoil that for you.

I will say that the book is written really well, and keeps you wondering. Just like the first book, this one has the paranormal element to it, which I love. Nothing is what it seems at all, and you will be pleasantly surprise
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
(I received this book for free in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

So, again, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this book. It was interesting to read a book from Diana's point of view, after seeing her in Emma's book, but - to be honest - if I'd read this book first, I would have been a bit reluctant to read Emma's book. She kind of irritated me here.

I had kind of mixed feelings about Diana's relationship with Nicholas. There was something almost cliched about i
Carrie
Feb 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: calibre-library, 2014
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Having read By Blood (#1), picking this book up was an easy decision. This read really took you on a rollercoaster ride of emotion and shocked me at every turn. It’s a mix of paranormal (sort of), romance, YA, and a good mystery. Yes, it’s a little dark, but it has grit and realness to it that I find I enjoy in good books.

Diana is Emma’s friend (remember? From Book#1?). She’s a dancer with a hippie mom and a hopeless crush on some g
Rebecca McKinnon
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars

While this is the second book in the series, it's not necessary to have read the first book before this one! In fact, since this book falls chronologically before the first book, some people may prefer to read this one first.

I have to say, I really liked Diana. I enjoyed the fact that she had much more of a healthy, typical family than so many characters in books - I found it rather refreshing. I say typical, but really the family has enough quirks to keep them interesting. . . .

Now,
Amy
Jan 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moon Child follows the story of Diana. She's so over high school and can't wait to get out of her boring town. She hopes that getting a dance scholarship will be her ticket out of town......

Then Diana meets Nicholas. He’s mysterious, angry, but still has a charming appeal to him. Diana finds herself wanting to know more about him. Nicholas isn't like the other guys she knows and his behavior makes her question if there's more to him than what meets the eye........Just when she thinks she’s figur
Jessica Figueroa
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Diana is so over her boring small town life and waits for the day that she can leave. While doing a youth group game she stumbled and Nicholas breaks her fall. Nicholas new and is nothing like anyone she's ever known. There are two murders in town and things don't seem to look good for Nicholas.

Being that I hadn't read the description I wasn't sure what to expect. I had first thought that this book was a continuation of Emma's story when its really another friend of Emma's and before she makes
David
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tracy Banghart is the kind of writer you can trust to make smart choices and, once again, she does just that with Moon Child, her companion novel to By Blood. A clever, surprising and original novel, Moon Child puts a new spin on a story that readers, at first, might be momentarily fooled into thinking they've heard before. It’s hard to review this one without giving things away, because what I admire so much about Moon Child is how Banghart brings something totally new to a genre that’s been mi ...more
Yzabel Ginsberg
(I got this book from NetGalley some time ago, in exchange for an honest review.)

A quick read, although nothing out of the ordinary if you're used to YA romance with a "paranormal" twist—which is probably the reason I found it "average" and nothing more. Someone who's not as used to such plots as I am may appreciate it more.

The characters are the usual mix we tend to see in YA stories. A bit of slut shaming in the beginning, but it doesn't go on, and it's not shown as "OK" later on, so I'm all g
Faith
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After reading By Blood, I was expecting to read a book with a high level of creativity and intelligence. I was not disappointed. This book has heart, intrigue, uncertainy, edge and really great characters to build all this around.

As a grandmother to a ten year old girl, I would not hesitate to recommend for her in another year or so. As a young girl, I remember dreaming of falling in love and the passion of forbidden kisses shared in spots that would be unique. Ms. Banghart strikes just the righ
Myra Espino
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Moon Child, it's also great. The concept is good and the mystery of the events is well written. I love how it kept me interested on the events, story and characters. The characters, I loved Diana and Nicholas personalities, they are just right and I love how they kept me intrigued especially at Nicholas.
For me this book is rather interesting than the first book (By Blood), the mystery and all. What I liked the most was on how the story ended, it's just the way I liked. I'm not disappointed with
Vanessa Stark
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored Moon Child by Tracy E Banghart! The story pulls you in from the get go. A paragraph in and BANG! I was totally hooked. Very moody and dark (it opens in a cemetary) but balanced deliciously with a good dose of humour and romance. Diana is so refreshingly likable as the heroine and Nicholas is one of the most intriguing male characters I have read in a long time. His 'secret'(and all round hot-ness)kept me turning the pages!!!
Oh, and I read it in one night because I simply coul
Vicente Martinez
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
So once again, a non YA reader enjoys a YA book. Tracy tells another well-crafted story that actually engaged me. It's a very simple (and not-so-simple) slice-of-life story that isn't dripping with sap or overuse tropes found in so many books these days. The characters a "real" teenagers, and told from their eyes in their words, making them believable. The biggest surprise was me not seeing the ending coming the way it did. I'm usually quick to pick up on the clues, but I'll admit to being caugh ...more
Jennifer Walkup
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Moon Child is a great book! The second in this series from Banghart and like By Blood, Moon Child has got a nice little mystery that keeps you guessing. We're led through dancer Diana's view of her boring town until two very interesting this happen. She meets the new boy in town, and an awful crime occurs. Most of the book is her unraveling what both those things mean for her, and hoping the two don't intersect. A satisfying resolution and a fast, fun read!
Dalene
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2013
First, I would like to thank the author Tracy E. Banghart for giving me this book for an honest review. Tracy has done it again, a very fascinating read. This time the story follows Diana, Emma's friend. The character development and world building are great. Tracy has a way with keeping you wanting more when you read her stories. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Martha Banghart
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this book when I read it visiting our Summer home on lake temagami. I was transported to another place and explored new characters and prepared me for the world of the sequel By Blood. Fun read for all ages.
Debbie
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very very good book, and the only reason it took me so long to finish it was I became ill with another round of cancer. This is a must read, must buy book. It is beautifully written and comes togther so perfectly.
David
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the Goodreads giveaways.

Please check out my review at www.bookalyst.com
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed By Blood and was really excited to start Moon Child right afterwards. While I really enjoyed By Blood, I think Moon Child didn't quite reach the same level of enjoyableness as the first book.

I enjoyed reading Moon Child, but I also had some issues with it. I finished it fairly quickly, but I just expected more from this book because the first book was so good. There wasn't as much mystery as in the first book. The storyline
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Oh lord Moon Child is an EPIC follow up to By Blood. I loved By Blood and I loved Diana's friendship with Emma so when we get to have Diana story I was excited!

Diana is so glad high school is over. High school was a drag and she is excited to be going to college. She is hoping to get a scholarship for her dancing that will take her out of her podunk town. She is so over Olivia hating her and David having this crazy ass crush on her. Then with all of her craziness going on she meets a guy Nichola
Bobbie Jo
Dec 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I am really torn on how to review this book. As you can see I rated it 3 stars - deep down once I got past the feeling I was stuck in a Twilight experience where the boy is drawn to the girl's scent - I really wanted to give it more like three and a half stars.

This book is called By Blood 2 however outside of some characters the books are not really related. Moon Child actually takes place prior to By Blood.

Diana meets a mysterious boy Nicholas that nobody in her small town has ever seen or he
Jasmyn
I didn't enjoy Moon Child quite as much as By Blood. I had a much more difficult time relating to Diana than I did to Emma - her family life seemed just way too perfect. I wasn't surprised that Emma thought Diana's new boy interest was a vampire, he certainly made it seem believable. But with a killer on the lose draining women and girls of their blood before killing them, he makes the perfect suspect.

This book seemed to be mostly about Diana trying to figure out how to ask Nicholas about his li
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Even though this is book #2 it is a stand alone and things happen before the first book...
This book i couldn't really get into it...I read til about 10% left then skimped through some of it til i found out the way the story ended to have some type of closure..
I think the only thing i liked about this book was a twist in it..I didn't see it coming and was kind of shocked about it...

what i didn't like about it was the main character, Diana...She was SO dumb at times and not the brightest crayon
Wendy
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alisha
Apr 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
While technically the second book in the series, the events in Moon Child happen before By Blood and I decided to read this book first. I really enjoyed Moon Child. The book is pretty well written and the plots does keep you guessing. The relationship between Diana and Nicholas did seem a tad cliche to me though. Whether or not you are a paranormal fan, I think fans of YA in general will enjoy this story. I will definitely be going on to read By Blood next!
Julie
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-won
Took a while to get into as felt i knew the story already

Found it to be very Twilight Fanfiction type ( This might just be me )

Would say it is more aimed at Teens and Young Adults
Shadow
Apr 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Channel Zero
  • Rowan (Blood Crave, #2)
  • Dawn of the Vie (Immortal Aliens, #1)
  • The Archived SNEAK PEEK (The Archived, #1)
  • Tallis (Books of Andresium, #1)
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Catalyst (Tethered, #1)
  • Orchid, Volume 1
  • Burn Out
  • The Wizard Tales Vol I-III
  • Gateway to Faerie (Gateway to Faerie, #1)
  • Princess (American Princess, #1)
  • Click
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Word and Breath (Wordless Chronicles, #1)
  • Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)
  • Moon and Madly (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #8)
  • This Time Around (Station One, #2)
Tracy Banghart grew up in rural Maryland and spent her summers on a remote island in northern Ontario. All of that isolation and lovely scenery gave her the time to read voraciously and the inspiration to write her own stories. Always a bit of a nomad, Tracy now travels the world Army-wife style with her husband, son, cat, and sweet pupper Scrabble.

By Blood (2 books)
  • By Blood (By Blood, #1)