Start by marking “Matched Trilogy Box Set” as Want to Read:
Matched Trilogy Box Set

Matched Trilogy Box Set

(Matched #1-3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  3,285 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
The complete collection of critically acclaimed, award-winning novels from "New York Times"-bestselling author Ally Condie's Matched Trilogy, including "Matched," "Crossed," and the breathtaking conclusion, "Reached."
Published November 13th 2012 by Dutton Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Matched Trilogy Box Set, please sign up.
Nicole Edwards These books are very clean in regards to sexual content and language. There is violence and death and some darker themes like genocide and…moreThese books are very clean in regards to sexual content and language. There is violence and death and some darker themes like genocide and bio-warfare. The books are also very emotional. So I guess my answer would be, if you're okay with your daughter reading about fictional death and emotions then, sure. For a list of clean books for readers of all ages go here: http://awesomebooknuts.blogspot.com/2...(less)

Fran Prather
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading the first book, Matched, but the search on Goodreads will only allow me to add the whole set. Well, that's fine, because I am going to read all three-I really liked this book. Other reviewers are correct, it is a love story version of The Giver, but it is so much more than that. Yes, fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent (me!) will like it. The characters are compelling - I cared about all of them, even the minor characters like the younger brother. Maybe it's the weaving ...more
Emily
Feb 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
This series had amazing potential!!!! Unfortunately, for me they did not deliver.

The story is a good one! The characters were a bit on the flat side, though they got better near the end of the story.

My main complaint was the flow of the books. It felt very choppy/bumpy. There were also quite a few plot twists that could have been added, but were left as loose ends. And the ending was just a bit anti-climactic.

I wish that Ally Condie had done a couple more edits before publishing to work out the
Bekah Shambrook
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All teens and adults
Condie writes in a way that draws the reader in, her characters are relatable and the Society she has created is something that can be understood but not liked. Cassia, Ky and Xander are wonderful characters with a depth that develops throughout the trilogy.
The Matched Trilogy is full of twists that keep you on your toes, you have to keep thinking and wondering what might happen next.
She builds tension well and you can feel the strain Cassia feels at times. You can also feel the love she has for
Mysee
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Anyone hoping for a dystopian novel where the main character is forced to kill and go through post traumatic disorder and undeserving of love.... should NOT expect it from this trilogy.

I've noticed that a lot of dystopian novels have almost the same outline but Ally herself rebels against this trend and reminds us that there can be hope and happy endings, or at least a satisfying one.

The perspective of Ky is beautiful and poetic while Xander's perspective reins logically and contrary of Ky's; a
Kayleigh
Jun 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
The Short of It: No connection to characters, no payoff at the end, no explanations about the society, I’ve seen CVS receipts that had a more engaging narrative than this. I do not recommend this series.

The Long of It: I wish I could tell you that I read these books out of a profound intellectual curiosity, or that the poetry stirred my soul, but the truth is that there is nothing on TV anymore, so I find myself looking in under every rock for entertainment these days.
(view spoiler)
Sheena
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read all three in a few days. A really light easy read. Entertaining and always interesting. The third book was slightly predictable.
Suzanna
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just fabulous! Best books I've ever read!
Nathan
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING EVEN RIVALS THE CANE CHRONICALS
Vianey
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
So overall this series was nothing new from other dystopian novels. It was very basic and there wasn't much action compared to other dystopian novels. There was 2 opposite forces rising against one another but in the end nothing happened between them. They worked together. I personally thought it was refreshing. I liked that in the end they had to all choose to work together to save basically "the world" in some areas of the book I felt like it was dragging on and in other areas I wanted a bit m ...more
NJ Ryder
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”
- Dylan Thomas

Matched: 5 stars. It was pretty fast-paced and kept me turning the pages.
Crossed: 4 stars. This one took a little while to get going, and was kinda slow and monotonous in parts. Other than that, pretty good.
Reached: 5 stars. A fabulous climax and ending. The whole plague and cure thing was really interesting.

All in all, this series was very entertaining.
Kayla
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm writing a review for all three books at once.
Can I just say: THESE ARE MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER!
Part of that might be because I kinda fell in love with Ky Markham. :) Ally Condie did an AMAZING job of building the romance between Ky and Cassia. She even included how they knew each other before this story takes place. I seriously can't even begin to say how great these books are.
The second book Crossed, may be a little slow going but do NOT stop reading it. It gets SO good about halfway throu
Clara
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
The first one- four stars, second one- three stars, last- I have not read it because I got so bored with the second one. I can't tell if the book is the problem, the horrible page texture is the problem, or if I am the problem. Maybe these books just aren't exactly my thing.
Alexandra
Aug 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Trilogy! I couldn't put it down once I had started reading it! A combination of The Giver and The Hunger Games all mixed into one.
Check out my review on https://youtu.be/gdyp3LvLCu4
Hager
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
interesting
Areliana Belonzi
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I rated this series based on a comparison - it's better than the "Fallen" series, but not quite as good as "The Hunger Games". Still a great read and I have read it a couple of times!
Lauren
Dec 13, 2015 rated it liked it
OVERALL: 3.5 stars

Matched (Matched #1) - 5 stars

Cassia could never have dreamt that she would be matched with her best friend Xander, it seemed like everything was more than she could have hoped for. When not only Xander's face shows on her matching chip but also Ky's her work is suddenly turned upside down. Now under the ever watchful eye of the officials cassias love for Ky blossoms into something real and dangerous.

The setting and way of life of the people in the book is am extremely subtle d
Penny
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
More like 2-1/2 stars.

I first saw the Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie (Matched, Crossed and Reached) while wandering around Barnes and Noble. My first thought was that these books will be made into movies one day. It seemingly meets all the current criteria:
1. It’s a trilogy
2. Of YA books
3. Set in a dystopian-ish (repressed, controlled) society
4. That includes a romantic triangle
5. And a rising rebellion.

So, the question arises: Is there more to these books? The answer: Uh, kind of. It makes an e
Tina Terry
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Matched is set in an alternate society where everything is controlled. The society controls what you eat, how much you exercise, what you do in your leisure time, who you get married too, what your job is, when you die, but in a way which makes it seem that you have a choice. When you turn seventeen you get 'matched' with a partner your age. The main character Cassie gets matched with Xander, her best friend since she was little, and everything's great, but when she looks at the microchip given ...more
Daysia
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Matched Trilogy-Ally Condie
“Can there be freedom without choice?”
Do you hate when books are predictable, and you know what is going to happen by reading the first sentence. Do you ever wonder what more than one of the characters is thinking. In this series the writing technique is unique because it tells the story from 2-3 different perspectives. The basic plot line is that Cassia, (one of the main characters) was born into a society where
Most of their major decisions are made by their governme
LOL_BOOKS
HAS ANYONE READ ANY DECENT RECENT-ISH YA?

I READ THE FIRST COUPLE OF BOOKS IN THE MATCHED TRILOGY AND I LIKED THEM. I KIND OF FORGOT ABOUT IT UNTIL I WAS GOING THROUGH MY GOODREADS, BUT MAYBE I'LL READ THE THIRD ONE NOW.

IDT I EVER READ A LOLZY GARBAGE ONE. BUT I DROP MOAST OF THEM BY CHAPTER 3 WHEN THE WORLDBUILDING IS SO NONSENSICAL THAT I MAKE :6 FACE IRL.

I TRIED THAT 'MATCHED' ONE AND GAVE UP BEFORE THE END OF THE PREVIEW.

OH GOD, MATCHED D: I TRIED THAT RED RISING OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED A WH
Sierra
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I first started reading this book I got so intrigued I couldn;t put it down. Ally Condie is an amazing author with a unique style that pulls a reader in. I liked the fact that in the second and third book it changes the point of view from one character to another and isn't confusing at the same time. I fell in love with all the characters and only some authors can accomplish that. I am upset that I was so intrigued that I finished the whole trilogy in less than 2 weeks but that is my only c ...more
Chelsea
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing. I really enjoyed reading it and is very good to read after other dystopian book series like the hunger games and divergent. The only thing is that sometimes a subject in the books can drag on for to long and get boring but I still love it. I am not usually one for poems but this book made me appreciate poetry more and how we are still able to write and for them in the book that was a luxury. Anyway a very good series to read and learn from.
Jasmine
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it
The series has quite an interesting concept overall but I found the novels quite tiring to read after a while as it seemed like the same old problems were being brought up and rehashed. Ally Condie could definitely have a gone a little further with creating a more realistic and different world, and expanding on what the war and who the unknown Enemy was. I think this book might be aimed at teenagers (aged 12-15).
nicole nowak
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
these books weren't as amazing as i thought they were going to be they were BETTER! though i will admit that i continue to confuse them with the Bumped series which i felt was quite a let down. they have similar cover art and a relatively similar release date which was kind of strange.

this book series was very creative i loved the strong female lead along with the perspective switching. it helps readers see through all the characters eyes and increase our overall understanding and enjoyment
Ayushman Srivastava
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The book is magical.

There's no fantasy in it, but I'll still call it magical. True, the plot wasn't intricate or what you would call deep, but that wasn't the purpose at all. Each and every incident in the book makes you want more. Every incident had a deep meaning.

Some people may and do find it meaningless, but it's worth the risk.
Stephanie Steinberg
Jan 20, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a YA dystopian trilogy about a society that assigns marriage matches, jobs etc. They also control reading material, art and music. There is also a plague that is man made. Pretty much your typical dystopian plot. The writing is excellent, almost poetic. Entertaining but nothing new or original.
Marsha
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sydney Landon Plum
Matched - I was struck by the way the author speaks as if writing the feeling and actions like poetry.

Crossed - the characters are developed and I like how the narrative is split between Cassia and Ki. I feel like the first book was more from Cassia' perspective. I can't really predict where the 4 escapees are going to go and what they will do at the point of the book that I'm currently at.
Tweedledum
Most definetly something different than other dystopian books I have read. The idea of a fragile utopia in which everything controled (even literature and art.) which is crumbling step by step is a genius. Thanks Allie for giving such extraordinary work.
Ajile
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
The beginning started off fine, but as you delved deeper into this world it came out looking nearly identical to every other story of its kind. Unremarkable looking girl. Love triangle. Down with the government. It had such potential that it saddens me to give it a borderline negative review.
Amanda
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
  • Legend Trilogy Boxed Set (Legend, #1-3)
  • Tomorrow Girls Book Set (Tomorrow Girls, #1-3)
  • Tales of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe/Prince Caspian/The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  • The Fallen Series Boxed Set (Fallen, #1-4)
  • The Leviathan Trilogy
  • Kristin Cashore eSampler
  • The Complete Hush, Hush Saga: Hush, Hush; Crescendo; Silence; Finale
  • Wicked: A Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars, #5-8)
  • Maximum Ride Boxed Set #1
  • The Unwind Collection (Unwind, #1-3)
  • The Selection Series 1-3 Box Set (The Selection, #1-3)
  • Hunted / Tempted / Burned / Awakened (House of Night, #5-8)
  • The Iron Fey Boxed Set: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight
  • Goddess Test / Goddess Interrupted / The Goddess Legacy / The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #1-3)
  • Dreamquest
  • Priestess of the Nile (The Gods of Egypt, #1)
  • The Firebird and Other Stories (Beings in Love, #5)
  • Night Over Water: And Dangerous Fortune
Ally Condie is a former high school English teacher who lives with her husband, three sons and one daughter outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. She loves reading, running, eating, and listening to her husband play guitar.

Matched (3 books)
  • Matched (Matched, #1)
  • Crossed (Matched, #2)
  • Reached (Matched, #3)
“For we are all walking each other to our deaths, and the journey there between footsteps makes up our lives.” 1 likes
“Would it be worth it to have the mutation if I knew she loved me? I wonder. If I could trade places with him right now, would I do it?” 0 likes