Start by marking “Breeze of Life” as Want to Read:
Breeze of Life

Breeze of Life

Bree ‘Breeze’ Delany never imagined her life could sink so deep. That such intense pain could take up residence in her heart and shred her soul to pieces. And all it had taken was one little word to drag Bree to the depths of this despair, cancer.

Published August 17th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Breeze of Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breeze of Life

Start your review of Breeze of Life
Anna
Aug 19, 2013 marked it as hang-tight-be-right-back-to-you

It took just one person to pull Bree from the darkness, her best friend Harper Somerville. Determined to show his Breeze the beauty in life no matter how short or long it is, Harper takes Bree on the road trip of a life time.

Screw happily ever after’s
Kirsty Dallas
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
lol,,, really?? Do you think I would give my own book anything less that 5 stars!!!????

But seriously, I love Breeze of Life, perhaps a fraction more than Saving Ella (blasphemy, I know!!)It is a very different read from Saving Ella, so please don't go into B.O.L with similar expectations.

This novel will take you on a journey of love, sorrow, heartache and passion. Music and poetry twists its way through the pages, hopefully leaving the reader with a heart and mind full of Breeze Delaney and Har
Kirsty
Jul 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was beautiful. The fact that cancer is so fucking horrible and ugly, I love that Kirsty Dallas was able to take it, and make it in to a stunning love story. Make no mistake, cancer and everything to do with it - death, treatments and side effects are all very present, but entwined with all of that is a love story. A friends to lovers story. I loved it.
"I had lost so much weight I would no doubt be lighter than a wisp of air, but I felt heavy. My soul was no longer treading deep
J
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, blog-tour

Breeze of Life Blog Tour has a Giveaway going on: 8 Winners, 4 Signed Paperback and 4 Ebook copies of Breeeze of Life to be won
Head on over to the blog to enter!
Enter Give Away Here

Have you ever had that moment when reading a book, and you just know that it's going to be epic….
Sometimes it pulls you in so fast, so deep, you don't have a second to comprehend it. Breeze of Life did just that, it bought me to my knees in the first 2 pages. I lost count how many times I had to stop to gather mys
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
rsz_breeze_of_life_collage

Breeze of Life is so many things...

Epic. Emotional. Heartfelt. Heartbreaking. Poetic. Sweet. Swoonworthy. Sexy.

Perfect from beginning to end.

An absolute must read.

A new favorite.

I've sat here pondering what I can possibly write to make you stop reading reviews and just read the book. This is one train you need to get on. If not for the story line that has you flipping pages faster than a chubby kid chasing the ice cream van, than for Harper Sommerville.
This man really was my happy pill.
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5--Sweet--Stars!

What a sweet, heart-warming (and a little bit sad) story! Breeze kind of had an Edge of Never vibe to me....only kind of in reverse. It was told in Breeze, the heroine's POV.

Breeze of Life is the story of Harper and Breeze (Bree). Harper and Bree have been BFFs since they were kids. Both falling in love with each other but never wanting to leave the "friend-zone". Harper finally tells Bree how he feels only to have Bree push him away--too scared to mess up their friendship.

Har
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

description

Jenny: Cancer. It’s never an easy subject to read about. It crushes your heart and leaves you bereft because nearly everyone has witnessed first or second hand the struggles, pain and suffering associated with this insidious disease. But sometimes reading about it can be a form of therapy and I have to say that’s what Breeze of Life was for me.

“…nobody told me with my body I would also lose my soul.”

I commend the author for her handling of this difficult subject matter. Kirsty Da
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Jointly Reviewed on:http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/08/...

description

“…nobody told me with my body I would also lose my soul.”

I commend the author for her handlin
Donna ~
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
** Received an ARC from the author in return for an honest review**

An AMAZING 5+ stars heartfelt, gut wrenching story that will stay with you long after you've read the last word. I love a beautiful cover and this one was no different but the scarf told me what I need to know before even opening the book.

~ “A true friend is someone who believes in you when you stop believing in yourself.”

I cried. I laughed. I smiled and I cried some more and then I smiled through my tears. The story reminds us o
Amy Davies
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok wow what can I say besides this is an absolute beautiful story from beginning to end. Breeze & Harper's relationship is simply epic & I want my very own Harper. :)
The story takes you an a truly inspirational journey and you simply have to ride out the pure raw emotions in their lives!
I laughed out loud & I cried heavily, but it's abso-freaking-loutley worth the read!!!

Loved it! <3
Christine
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An emotional beautifully written story with great characters to fall in love with too.
Bree suffering and wallowing in self pity with her cancer. Harper a professional surfer who left her eight months ago after telling her he loved her. They've been friends since they were ten years old. George a great neighbour looks after Bree he is like a father figure to her.
So finally Harper comes back to Bree and gets her to go on a road trip and start living and enjoy herself. The first stop is a hospital
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
3.5 stars.

This was a cute book overall. Very much an edge of never vibe but the main differences are

Harper is Breeze's long time

He knows she has

Their roadtrip is across

It was a very cute read though!

αмиαяìssα
Jul 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Cancer, best friends, road trip. Emotional right? I swear I'm not heartless but all I felt reading this book was disappointment. Yes it's nice of Harper to be there for Bree but I felt like he was doing it with ulterior motive, what with half of the book with his sexual innuendos. I think I just expected more. I would have liked it if there was a specific bucket list to cross instead of their 'never have I' game. And how come a 23 year old woman has no other friends except a 15 year old she just ...more
Bethany
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“I need to cross off a never”

“This man really was my happy pill. He should come with a warning, ‘best served in small doses’. To hell with that, I wanted to overdoes on his joy and enthusiasm.”

“I could feel him everywhere, in me, on me, around me, but nothing compared to the feeling of him in my heart. Harper possessed me on every level.”

“Baby, I’m not going to lie. If this fucking cancer beats you, I will be crushed. Physically and emotionally beaten, but I promise you, I’ll be beaten but not d
Katie
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Breeze of Life was recommended to me from a fabulous blogger friend, Michelle at Novels on the Run. Michelle is a very big advocate for Australian authors and I couldn’t resist supporting another fabulous Aussie author either. This is my first experience reading Kirsty Dallas and this was a fabulous Australian read. Ms Dallas has a fantastic style that is so vivid, Breeze of Life had me in tears throughout. This book includes a reality that is very scary for everybody dealing with the big C and ...more
Yari
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! A story of hope and love. Crushingly emotional with a very real subject matter that affects so many.

This book had me in such an emotional state. It's hard to even describe all the emotions that I experienced while reading this. The story gave a very realistic look into the mind frame of the person that's experiencing this fate. No one wants to be told that dreaded word "cancer". I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to be told such a thing. How do you go on?

That is exactly
Becky Cox
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kirsty took something ugly, cancer, and wrote a beautiful story.

Bree is suffering silently and basically alone. Her neighbor George is a great sense of comfort and help to her but she has no one else to help her in this horrible journey.

"I had eclipsed sadness months ago and now I existed in a deep well of nothing."

She has loved Harper her whole life. He is her best friend and she his. Harper comes home and and is determined not to let her lie in bed and waste away.

"I'm not going to acc
romance enthusiast
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, favorite
4.5 Stars! I LOVED IT! GREAT READ. Happily EVER NOWS <3

INSPIRING, HEARTFELT STORY OF FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE.

All I wanted to say was that, I am so deeply in love with Harper Somerville. Yup, I just added him in my list of the best best friends turned boyfriend :) He's so caring, i love his humor, his sweetness, his forwardness. Everything about him was just great. :)

In this story we get to learn how Harper showed his best friend and the love of his life, Bree, to live. It was a very nice adventure
Renee
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bree ‘Breeze’ Delany was the strongest character for her age that I have read. She was amazing! The premise of the story was her best friend Harper who was also her room mate was away on a surfing tour. She found out she has leukemia and kept the secret. There are brief past references thrown in to show exactly why she never contacted Harper.

happy thumbs up

It is a very emotional read. Kirsty Dallas tells beautiful tale. It is going through the stages of grief and show the opposite of what people
Stacie
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Gahhhhh!!! This book made my heart so happy. I absolutely loved loved loved Harper and Breeze. They were so great together. I think my favorite part is that there was no unnecessary drama. It was just a great story about living your life with purpose and meaning and never letting a day just pass us by.

I absolutely did not want this book to end. I was not ready to stop reading about Harper and Breeze. They were just so great together that I wanted more!

This book will make you laugh, make you cr
*Jessica
Aug 17, 2013 rated it liked it

This was a really sweet story about Bree, who has been fighting Cancer, and her Best friend, Harper, giving her hope to live and maybe give them a shot as a couple. Harper's methods in making her "live" were fun, and he was a totally lovable character and swoonworthy.

I did think that sometimes didn't seem like they were in their 20's, more teenage maturity, and you can really tell when they interact with Mia, a 15 year old, because you can't tell a difference in their maturity. I mean,
Desiree Gorman - A Love Affair With Books
OMG Kirsty Dallas, the things you do to me with written word. I honestly was scared to death to read this book. I, like so many others, am in love with "Saving Ella." Easily in my top 5 books of 2013, I fell in major book crush with Kirsty the minute I started reading it. In my mind I thought 'there's no way she can top this.' Boy was I wrong!

To read the rest of my review, please visit the blog at A Love Affair With Books.
Sandy Abraham
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
another great read from Kirsty Dallas. Loved this book, any book that can make me laugh out loud and sit on the couch with tears falling down my cheeks is a great book as far as I'm concerned. It is a beautiful story of a great friendship developing into a great romance. The characters are realistic and as I finished the book I found I wanted to reminisce on the journey I had just taken with this couple. The song selection is perfect and adds to the feeling this book creates. Five stars from me. ...more
Tiffany
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I laughed, cried, and everything in between! Bree has been dealt a rough hand. Suffering from cancer, she wallows in her own self pity. She let the one man she truly loved walk out the door and never told him about her illness. Harper reveals his feelings and Bree totally freaks out. Harper is her constant but she can't stand to hurt him more by telling her secret. Enter Harper in the middle of her dreams and he sweeps her off her feet again. Bree has given up on life and resigned herself to dea ...more
Shannon
**re-read 6/11/2014 - I love this book, needed a Breeze and Harper fix <3

I loved this story!! Breeze of Life is a well written story about two best friends, Breeze and Harper, who discovers the importance of life, love, friendship, and fun on their two week journey along the coasts in Australia.

I really enjoyed the author's writing style, and am definitely a new fan of hers. I truly loved every, single page and didn't want Breeze and Harper's story to end.

Highly recommend!
Kylie
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow, just wow! Another fantastic story. It made me laugh more than once and Holy Hell did it make me shed a tear or two. I didn't want to put the book down and then I never wanted it to end. It's a beautiful heartfelt journey reminding us all to live life to the fullest. Loved this book and would highly recommend. ...more
Jtbmoon
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely enjoyed this awesome book. Wow! I loved the story of Bree and Harper and their beautiful journey. It made me laugh and of course made me cry tears of happiness and sadness. Harper is just dreamy! Once again Kirsty Dallas you did an awesome job. There are a lot of books that I can't get past the first chapter. Looking forward to more books!!!! ...more
Adriana
Kirsty has done it again dammm this was a beautiful uplifting and emotional story oh and it was hot too lol ... I need this on paperback so I can read it over and over again. I loved Harper he really made me melt !!! Cancer has played a big part in my life both with dad and grandma so this was such an emotional ride for me, it was Bree' s story but she took us on her uplifting journey ... !!! ...more
Tricia
Sep 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! EMOTIONALLY HEARTWARMING AND BEAUTIFUL! This book will remind you how to LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE, every moment of your life.

"Screw Happily Ever After's, perhaps life was meant to be lived with Happily Every Now's...."

~~That's the line that made me 1-click this one. I am so glad I did!~~

Angel
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed being taking on a journey with Breeze & Harper. Traveling life's lows & highs and all the hot smokin' fun inbetween meant I experienced all of life's emotions all in one book...so all in about a day lol. Thanks for another fantastic read Kirsty xx ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Taming Avery (Club Ménage, #2)
  • Two Brits
  • Foundations (The Power of Three Love #1)
  • Voiceless (The Willowdale Village Collection, #1)
  • Roommates
  • The Ending I Want
  • The Mercy of Snakes (Nameless #5)
  • Fear of Falling (Fearless, #1)
  • Trouble
  • Pretty Pink Ribbons (A Touch of Fate, #2)
  • Not Meant to Be Broken
  • The Billionaire Bad Boys Club (The Billionaires, #1)
  • Stupid Love (Stupid in Love, #3)
  • Enemy Within (Unseen Enemy, #1)
  • One More Day
  • The Theory of Deviance (The Portland Rebels Book 3)
  • Forever You (Forever, #2)
  • Lies You Tell (St. Jared's Memorial #1)
Kirsty Dallas is an international bestselling and award-winning author, however she has a really hard time spitting out the title 'author'. When people ask her what she does for a living, she starts by telling them about her part-time job as an optical dispenser before slipping on the end in a hushed tone, "I also write...and stuff".

Kirsty Dallas' stories are renowned for their raw honesty and en